Buffalo Bills moving to Canada! WTF??!!!

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok so they aren`t saying for sure that they are moving but all the signs point to it. :wtf:
That is such bull$hit! Even if you dont like the Bills, most people who are into football know that Bills fans are real diehard fans through thick and thin, and its been pretty thin the last few years.

Jim Kelly has offerd to buy the team rather than see it move. thats a real stand up thing right there.

anyways i was pissed about this so i thought i would share.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
ok so they aren`t saying for sure that they are moving but all the signs point to it. :wtf:
That is such bull$hit! Even if you dont like the Bills, most people who are into football know that Bills fans are real diehard fans through thick and thin, and its been pretty thin the last few years.

Jim Kelly has offerd to buy the team rather than see it move. thats a real stand up thing right there.

The Bills still have a team? :whiner:

For real I remember when the Patriots were gonna move I was heated.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Wow, that is rediculous... I honestly hope that doesn't happen.

I have complete respect for Canada, but I just don't see what the purpose would be. I do see the reasoning though I suppose... since NY has the Giants, Jets, (pending Bills), and arguably the Patriots when considering shear geography.

The only other state that has a similiar situation that comes to mind is Florida, and I just don't see those teams leaving the comfortable tropical temperatures, for sure!

I seem to be drawing a blank on who Jim Kelly is - is he a Buffalo native? I would think that it would much more of a chance of the Bills landing in another American state before leaving the country. The west could use a few more teams I suppose!

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow, that is rediculous... I honestly hope that doesn't happen.

I have complete respect for Canada, but I just don't see what the purpose would be. I do see the reasoning though I suppose... since NY has the Giants, Jets, (pending Bills), and arguably the Patriots when considering shear geography.

The only other state that has a similiar situation that comes to mind is Florida, and I just don't see those teams leaving the comfortable tropical temperatures, for sure!

I seem to be drawing a blank on who Jim Kelly is - is he a Buffalo native? I would think that it would much more of a chance of the Bills landing in another American state before leaving the country. The west could use a few more teams I suppose!

well the real reason is that Buffalo is a lower middle class city and the team dosen`t make enough money to get any good players to come and have enough to make a nice profit. plus Buffalo is so far from any other major city they cant really expand their fan base.
its very sad. i think it suck for any team to move.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I don't think they will move while Ralph Wilson is alive, but once he passes are only hope is Kelly and Thomas and some other old timers buying the team, or T.Galisano ( The Sabres Owner for you non buffalo folk) to pick up the team. Personally I don't mind the Bills playing a game or two in Toronto next year, but I don't think they are going to get the response that the NFL is expecting. With all that said, I will be a BUFFALO Bills fan forever, but I don't know if i could be a Toronto Bills fan.

motivator

Awards
The Bill's won't move. Even if they wanted to, the commission wouldn't let them. The decision isn't based off of what the Bill's want. If you want to know what I think will happen......absolutely nothing.

guitarjunkie420

Board Supporter
Awards
They could have an empty stadium just like the blue jays and the raptors. No fans means no money for great players which also means a losing team. nobody likes a loser.

IainDaniel

Awards
They could have an empty stadium just like the blue jays and the raptors. No fans means no money for great players which also means a losing team. nobody likes a loser.
You don't think a good chunk of fans at the bills games are Canadian? There is a reason they are exploring this option. There is close to 8 million people in Ontario with in 2 hrs of Buffalo.

The only reason the Sabres are still alive is cause of Canadian fans.

Jays used to sell out every game (55,000+)and held the record until the strike in 94.

Raptors are one of the upper attended teams in the NBA. with 20 sellouts this season.

Get your facts straight.

vision

The Bills have a huge fan base in Buffalo however since we haven't made the playoffs in ages its hard to get even the most die hard fans to come out in December to watch games that mean relatively nothing when they could enjoy them at home or at a local bar with satellite.

Its the start of the NFL trying to move into Canada. Its a move that some of the higher ups have wanted for some time. Toronto is a great city to expand because like the guy said above their fans support their teams. It helps the stadium has a roof that closes too.

They've already said that IF the Bills move to Toronto they can't keep the name and a new Buffalo team will be brought back within 5 years. The Bills have a huge history within the AFL and NFL and they won't let that disappear.

If the Bills move then when its time for the new team to start in Buffalo the divisions will be uneven and they'll have to make room for more teams. The best way to do this is to have a couple teams in Canada.

There is even talk about expanding the regular season by a couple games but I honestly don't see that happening due to the physical nature of the game and quite frankly I don't think the players union will go for it.

For all the times that Jim Kelly pissed me off growing up I've always loved him for all the times he and some other players would buy out the tickets so the game wouldn't be blacked out. Believe me they did this a lot and I truely respect that.

Also, we actually have a good team getting built right now. I think J.P. Losman can get us to a wild card game next year. Once we start making the playoffs again everything will be ok. However, if we have a really good year a lot of fans are going to pissed that a playoff deciding game might be held in Toronto. That would totally suck. GO BILLS!!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established

Also, we actually have a good team getting built right now. I think J.P. Losman can get us to a wild card game next year. Once we start making the playoffs again everything will be ok. However, if we have a really good year a lot of fans are going to pissed that a playoff deciding game might be held in Toronto. That would totally suck. GO BILLS!!
I would be surprised if JP is still on the roster next year. We do have a decent bunch of guys right now also, but hopefully we wont be so hard hit by injury this next year. Regardless of how the team does though, Buffalo fans will also be there and will always be extremely dedicated to the team, I could definitely imagine a fair amount of season ticket holders would have no problem trucking up to Canada to see a game if it was big enough. Hopefully with the games they do play in Canada we can create a little bigger fan base up there and get some money coming into buffalo from up north.

vision

I would be surprised if JP is still on the roster next year. We do have a decent bunch of guys right now also, but hopefully we wont be so hard hit by injury this next year. Regardless of how the team does though, Buffalo fans will also be there and will always be extremely dedicated to the team, I could definitely imagine a fair amount of season ticket holders would have no problem trucking up to Canada to see a game if it was big enough. Hopefully with the games they do play in Canada we can create a little bigger fan base up there and get some money coming into buffalo from up north.
Unfortunately, the games held in Toronto are not part of the season ticket packages...

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Don't the season ticket holders get first dibs on them though?

vision

That I do not know, I know I would be upset at purchasing season tickets for only 7 games and not only have to buy my 8th home ticket but then drive to Toronto just to see the game. That game better be a blow out and put the Bills in the playoffs!!!

Preferably this game would be against the Pats or the Dolphins... my hatred runs very deep...

IainDaniel

Awards
Its the start of the NFL trying to move into Canada. Its a move that some of the higher ups have wanted for some time. Toronto is a great city to expand because like the guy said above their fans support their teams. It helps the stadium has a roof that closes too.
I was always under the impression, that the higher ups aren't too fond of the NFL coming to Toronto.

A) the agreement that they have with the CFL as a development league.

B) the fan base they will gain by having a team in Toronto or Canada is almost negligble.

However if an NFL team every came to Toronto, the Dome would not be a suitable stadium for an NFL team cause of restrictions on capacity. I think NFL stadiums must seat in excess of 70k.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

wHo CaReS, the BiLlS suck anyway...send em' to ChInA for all I care.

Owned :numbered:

IainDaniel

Awards
Another negative about NFL in Canada is the lack of ability to have a Tailgate party, cause of liquor license laws.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wHo CaReS, the BiLlS suck anyway...send em' to ChInA for all I care.

Owned :numbered:
ill send YOU to China you little B!TCH!!!
maybe they can make you some traps, they make everything else!!!!

OWNED!!:bruce1:

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
For all we know, the Bills could be a superbowl contender next year. More drastic things have happened in the NFL after all. If they chalk up more W's this season, the fans come right back. Never liked the banwagon biotches... but their existance is undeniable.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The Bills definitely dictate this towns mood, I think you guys will all appreciate this:
[youtube]2Pv7sgU-OBg&rel[/youtube]

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Bills definitely dictate this towns mood, I think you guys will all appreciate this:
[youtube]2Pv7sgU-OBg&rel[/youtube]
LOL!!!!!
thats sooooooooooo true.
when the Bills lose my wife knows not to bother me for the rest of the day. and when they win im like marry fcuking poppins!!!!!!
:toofunny:

vision

I'd like to see a comparison of teams who over the past 2-3 years who have games decided by 3 points or less. I'm sure the Bills are up there if not #1 in that category. How many heart breaking losses have we suffered? I'm so used to it, I just say "F'in Bills!," pout for a few minutes and wait until the next week to have my heart broken all over again.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well chad you know i don't really care for the bills, although i truly don't dislike them either. I agree that this is total B.S. though and i feel for ya brotha. I say buy the team Big Jim!!....Keep them in buffalo!!!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'd hate to see the Bills move, they're the only team that has made it to the Super Bowl 4 straight years. It's a blue collar town and you never want to take this away from the people. Hopefully the NFL has enough sense to void such a move.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jim Kelly's a pune.......no Tom Brady!!

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jim Kelly's a pune.......no Tom Brady!!
im not going to say Kelly is better than Brady, all im saying is that for Jim Kelly to offer to buy a team to keep it in the town he loves shows a lot heart.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not going to say Kelly is better than Brady, all im saying is that for Jim Kelly to offer to buy a team to keep it in the town he loves shows a lot heart.
I agree that says a lot for kelly. It's really refreshing to hear that someone cares about their former team/organization enough to shell out an ungodly amount of money to save it. :clap2:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
..and what else does Jim Kelly have to do with his old "yesterdays herb" .....sorry hero, wait .....As I recall being a Bills fan as a kid....how many times did I watch this looser not win a superbowl...oh ok, sorry.......they suck, move'm to china.............time to become a patriots fan....you been in the south too long Chad.......LOL

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
..and what else does Jim Kelly have to do with his old "yesterdays herb" .....sorry hero, wait .....As I recall being a Bills fan as a kid....how many times did I watch this looser not win a superbowl...oh ok, sorry.......they suck, move'm to china.............time to become a patriots fan....you been in the south too long Chad.......LOL
i DO like the Pats. only root against them twice a year. ;)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I think its pretty cool how its not only Kelly that wants to buy them, but a lot of the players from that team want to share ownership. I know Thurman Thomas and a couple others have been very active in the press conferences as of late.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
On a more immediate issue, Have they replaced Marv yet? I dont remember seeing anything.

Back to this issue, I know a lot of season ticket holders and they are all pissed about this Toronto deal. Even ticket holders have to pay a ridiculous price, which is bundled with pre-season games, if they want to go up there.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So, they may leave the NFL for the CFL?

I doubt it.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
So, they may leave the NFL for the CFL?

I doubt it.
No, the NFL may expand to Toronto. The would not switch leagues.

I don't think they have named a replacement for Marv yet either, but I could be wrong on this one. I think its kind of amazing how much attention this topic is getting. I would have never expected this many people on the board to get involved, and even the local government here in Buffalo is publicly coming out with statements about the issue. I honestly don't see Buffalo losing the team, and even if the Wilson family did relocate I think Buffalo would get a new franchise very quickly. I mean this city needs another place and excuse to get drunk at 8 am on a Sunday.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no they would still be NFL.
So, technically, the NFL would be the ['Inter']National Football League, in a roundabout way.

I believe that I've been to Buffalo maybe once or twice. I really hope things just stay the way they are.

IainDaniel

Awards
So, technically, the NFL would be the ['Inter']National Football League, in a roundabout way.

I believe that I've been to Buffalo maybe once or twice. I really hope things just stay the way they are.
Kinda Like the "NHL" or the "NBA":bruce2:

I honestly don't think you will see an NFL team in Canada or Toronto for a very long time. They don't have the Venue, and the NFL likes the deal they have with the CFL.

Pretty simple.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if the Bills go to Canada or ANYWHERE im done with them.
that would be the biggest slap in the face to any fan.
i dont even live in Buffalo but if they move im done.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
damn, any chance you can give us a GOOD team?..hahaha

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really hope it doesn't happen bro for a the buffalo fans sake, but if it does we'll welcome you as a fulltime pats fan! ;)

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I really hope it doesn't happen bro for a the buffalo fans sake, but if it does we'll welcome you as a fulltime pats fan! ;)
sounds like a deal.
tom brady IS a yummy chunk of man beef!!!!!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
No offense to any patriots fans but that would just feel so wrong.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No offense to any patriots fans but that would just feel so wrong.
I can understand that.....but look at it this way, it's way better than being a cowboy fan. ;)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I can understand that.....but look at it this way, it's way better than being a cowboy fan. ;)
Actaully the cowboy's have always been one of my favorites. When I was a kid there was two kids I could not stand that I went to school with, one was a green bay fan and one was a redskins fan. I started adopting the cowboys as my team just to rival them lol. Its funny the stupid sh!t you do when your immature. Bill's have always been number one, but you need a team to follow in the playoffs too.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established

Could you imagine how people in Cleveland felt when the team moved (for no good reason) to Baltimore? That had to be awful.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actaully the cowboy's have always been one of my favorites. When I was a kid there was two kids I could not stand that I went to school with, one was a green bay fan and one was a redskins fan. I started adopting the cowboys as my team just to rival them lol. Its funny the stupid sh!t you do when your immature. Bill's have always been number one, but you need a team to follow in the playoffs too.
A cowgirl fan? :blink:....Just when i started to like you pmiller haha. Nah i'm just kidding. I really want to see the bills stay put.