Shaq goes from worst in east to best in west

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Shaq goes from worst in east to best in west

You guys think this was a good move or a really stupid move for the Phoenix Suns

2. Registered User
    Answers

Its good on paper.
    But Shaq's legs will take a beating going up and down on the court based on the Suns offense.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Answers

What a DUMB trade if you ask me. Shaq is old and always injured. He's slow as hell and would never work in a fast break offense.
    Meanwhile Marion is great for the Suns offense and still young...makes no sense to me. Whose Miami's center now?? Alonzo Mourning is retired/injured.
    •   

4. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Benderzzz View Post
    You guys think this was a good move or a really stupid move for the Phoenix Suns
    It could be either. I've been a shaq fan for a loooong time now, and I've really hated seeing his attrition set in like it has over the past couple of seasons. That being said, the trade can either be really great, or a bust. I don't like the fact that it will deterr from the suns run and gun offense, but for defense and low post size it's the best you could get for the center position.

It will be exciting to see how Nash and the diesel can complement each other.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

how old is Shaq now, like 65?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    duno but i got his 92/93 rookie card lol!

good trade for Miami. Wade needs all the help he can get down there. Shaq is past it unfortunately. But at least he should get to finish his career on a high rather then finishing last the next few seasons.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    It could be either. I've been a shaq fan for a loooong time now, and I've really hated seeing his attrition set in like it has over the past couple of seasons. That being said, the trade can either be really great, or a bust. I don't like the fact that it will deterr from the suns run and gun offense, but for defense and low post size it's the best you could get for the center position.

It will be exciting to see how Nash and the diesel can complement each other.
    I agree and being a huge suns fan living in Arizona all I can say is that if Shaq decides to work to get in shape the suns have a good chance to take it this year. Simply because they have Amare at the 4, Hill at the 3, Bell at the 2, and Nash at the 1. Could be the best line up in the league by far.

If he doesnt work hard and treat it like a walk in the park then the suns are screwed for many years
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by WeakPoint View Post
    Meanwhile Marion is great for the Suns offense and still young...makes no sense to me.

I thought Marion mentioned he wanted out from Suns?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    I thought Marion mentioned he wanted out from Suns?
    He was complaining for a couple of years about how he wanted to be the star of the team and didnt want to be part of the big three
    now he has to play with a bigger star in Dwayne Wade
    lol
  10. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    He's 35 turning 36 next month.

11. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I agree and being a huge suns fan living in Arizona all I can say is that if Shaq decides to work to get in shape the suns have a good chance to take it this year. Simply because they have Amare at the 4, Hill at the 3, Bell at the 2, and Nash at the 1. Could be the best line up in the league by far.

If he doesnt work hard and treat it like a walk in the park then the suns are screwed for many years
    One bright side I see out of all of this is the Suns medical and strength and conditioning team. It's one of the best in the league, especially after dealings with amara's past surgeries, and hills injury prone body. Knowing this, the idea of what they could do for and with shaq is something that could surprise a lot of people.

If anybody can get the best out of the diesel's old body, it's them. Combine that with a point gaurd that can make ANYBODY better and you got some good potential.

12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Maybe this will re-energize Shaq ? He will need to get in much better shape ASAP because that offense plays on fifth gear all the time. I think this move was planned as a counter for Tim Duncan and a response to the Lakers' acquisition of Pau Gasol. The Matrix did want out of Phoenix and they figured they might as well get something for him. This might not be such a bad move if Shaq decides to get in shape and can be 75% of what he used to be with the Lakers.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Answers

uummmm I think shaq needs HGH and he'll become a new man and be beneficial to the Suns otherwise i doubt it(if he has or is on hgh and he plays the way he does he needs to retire)
  14. Registered User
    Answers

The Suns don't need Shaq to be anything more than 60% of his old self. They have basically been playing without a true center for a long time now. A 60% Shaq allows them to play half-court effectively and gives them a serious inside scoring threat freeing up Nash at the point and Amare at the power forward position.

If you haven't noticed the Suns running style was fairly limited this year and they did resort to playing half-court...often poorly and sometimes this style was imposed on them by their opponent (ex. San Antonio). With Shaq they now have what San Antonio has...the ability to change up their style of play at any given point in time and make the other team adjust to them.

Plus the Suns are prety damn good w/o Marion and w/o Shaq...so how many minutes does Shaq need to give them? 25 minutes a night? Maybe only 20 minutes timed so he is in the game while Nash is resting.

Anyway...I think Marion was a downer in the locker room. Shaq has definitely imporved the overall mood of the players and they are playing inspired ball. Amare was player of the week this week.

So all in all I think the Suns will be better for having made the trade.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

I guess the suns were not satisfied with a guy who out rebounds shaq, can guard 3 positions, run the break, and hit open 3's. I guess they also were not happy with 2 consecutive 60 win seasons in the west. This is a horrid trade for a desperate suns team. Shaq cant run, has not been in shape for years, is always hurt, and has never been a defensive presence. Just wait until he starts complaining hes not getting enough touches in the post. The suns were one of the few teams going against the grain and running and gunning, all shaq does is slow them down in IMO.
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    One bright side I see out of all of this is the Suns medical and strength and conditioning team. It's one of the best in the league, especially after dealings with amara's past surgeries, and hills injury prone body. Knowing this, the idea of what they could do for and with shaq is something that could surprise a lot of people.

If anybody can get the best out of the diesel's old body, it's them. Combine that with a point gaurd that can make ANYBODY better and you got some good potential.
    Nash is not the kind of guard that will compliment shaq well. He wants people to fill lanes and creates shots for those running. Shaq stands around in the post plodding away.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

ive never liked shaQ.. dont know why
    shriek eeek!

WARRIORS BABY!
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MarkDizzle View Post
    shriek eeek!

WARRIORS BABY!
    Is that you Chris Mullin?
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    Is that you Chris Mullin?
    Maybe..
    Vote ShaQ for President ?
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Maybe..
    Vote ShaQ for President ?
    mmm kay
  21. Banned
    Answers

I think its a good move for the Suns because if you have a chance at taking a title shot with older players, you have to go for it.

Also a good move for The Heat. They get a younger player they can build around with D-Wade.

Good move for both teams.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

shriek eeek!

WARRIORS BABY!
    My goodness, I thought there were no Warrior fans here ! Good to see one

I'm still anxious to see how this will play out. I think it can be one of those moves that will either be genius or borderline retarded.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Oatmeal- In your opinion best to worst
    By Kristofer68SS in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 02:14 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 10:11 AM
  3. Proper Tapering from Toremifene to Nolva in PCT
    By ITguy in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 01:35 PM
  4. Best things to do in Las Vegas?
    By DieTrying in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 07:42 PM
  5. (Bobo or anyone): When is the best time to take in fats?
    By adrenalinaddict in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 08:53 AM