Poll: Will the Red Sox take the AL east in 2008?

Red Sox 2008

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Red Sox 2008


    Yes boys and girls, baseball season is almost upon us again. I've been able to enjoy the offseason in lieu of another Red Sox world series title in 2007. 2008 should shape up to be very interesting indeed. The sox are STILL argueably the best team in baseball at this point going into the new season. Our starting rotation that will include Beckett, Schilling, Matsuzaka, Lester, wakefield, and Buchholz is solid and one of the best in the league. While spring training is still a month off, the anticipation begins!

    GO SOX!!!!



    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  2. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    yes go sox....... go down on your knees and open wide for Deter and A Rod!!!!!!

    LOL! jk. looking forward to the trash talking bro.
  3. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    yes go sox....... go down on your knees and open wide for Deter and A Rod!!!!!!

    LOL! jk. looking forward to the trash talking bro.
    Well i know Gay-rod is already bent over for his taking....... It should be a great year indeed......the trash talking will resume shortly haha!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

    •   
       

  4. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Well i know Gay-rod is already bent over for his taking....... It should be a great year indeed......the trash talking will resume shortly haha!
    gay rod can eat as much wee wee as he wants if he keeps knocking them out of the park!
  5. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    gay rod can eat as much wee wee as he wants if he keeps knocking them out of the park!
    That is until he makes it to the playoffs.......I kid brother.....not really lol

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  6. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    That is until he makes it to the playoffs.......I kid brother.....not really lol
    yeah i know!!!!

    the whole team cooled off this past post season.
  7. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    yeah i know!!!!

    the whole team cooled off this past post season.
    Yeah for sure. The sox peaked at the right time in the playoffs. This year should shape up to be a good one. I hope to get to a few yankee/red sox games this year up in boston.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  8. Advanced Member
    Ripped1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    805
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    33.35%

    The Sox will be just fine even without the 8 million dollar arm of Schilling. I predict Dice K is Cy young this year now that he has pitched a full year in the leaque. New York will still suck even with Gay Rod

    So glad the sox did not get him

    Andone more prediction is Manny will tear it up, it is contract time fellas you think he really ois going to be lazy.
  9. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped1 View Post
    The Sox will be just fine even without the 8 million dollar arm of Schilling. I predict Dice K is Cy young this year now that he has pitched a full year in the leaque. New York will still suck even with Gay Rod

    So glad the sox did not get him

    Andone more prediction is Manny will tear it up, it is contract time fellas you think he really ois going to be lazy.
    I was glad to hear manny say that he wants to finish his career with the sox......yes we know that could all change with manny being manny lol, but i seriously doubt he'll ever leave the organization. Ramirez and Ortiz are just incredible to watch. The bash brothers brought to a new level. It's really a shame about schilling though. The sox still have one of the best rotations in baseball even without him. It should be a great year for the sox in 2008.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  10. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Chad when i saw this i had to post it for ya buddy:








    And by the way.......I now own the tee-shirt lol Now if that don't deserve reps i don't know what does lololol

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  11. Advanced Member
    Ripped1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    805
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    33.35%

    Hey if Schilling can come back after the all star break and contribute I will take that.

    I do not really care though we have suck a nasty rotation he is just an added bonus. He is turning into a guy that runs his mouth to muc on his damn blog. Wish he would just shut up and produce strike outs.

    As far as Manny goes I do not see him in a Sox uniform next year. A we all know these guys all of a suddne have great numbers the year they are up for a new contract.

    My call this year for National Leaque MVP ALbert Pujols

    American Leaque is still up in the air
  12. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped1 View Post
    Hey if Schilling can come back after the all star break and contribute I will take that.

    I do not really care though we have suck a nasty rotation he is just an added bonus. He is turning into a guy that runs his mouth to muc on his damn blog. Wish he would just shut up and produce strike outs.

    As far as Manny goes I do not see him in a Sox uniform next year. A we all know these guys all of a suddne have great numbers the year they are up for a new contract.

    My call this year for National Leaque MVP ALbert Pujols

    American Leaque is still up in the air
    I agree that schilling needs to mellow his demenour. Honestly i don't expect the sox to let manny go. Manny is a vital aspect of the team overall and they know that. If he becomes overly aggressive with his new contract demands, then that may present an issue. Manny knows he has it good where he is now, and i don't expect that to change with the team and talent the sox have.

    I want to see beckett win the Cy Young this year. I believe him to be the early season favorite myself.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  13. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I agree that schilling needs to mellow his demenour. Honestly i don't expect the sox to let manny go. Manny is a vital aspect of the team overall and they know that. If he becomes overly aggressive with his new contract demands, then that may present an issue. Manny knows he has it good where he is now, and i don't expect that to change with the team and talent the sox have.

    I want to see beckett win the Cy Young this year. I believe him to be the early season favorite myself.
    Beckett can lick ARods sack!!!!!
    i believe that is would be a early season fav for beckett!!!!
  14. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Well the patriots are obviously making some bonehead moves at this point, so i'll focus on my beloved sox. With a healthy big papi and ramirez this year i would expect much bigger numbers than last year. Our starting pitching is argueably one of the best in the league with an overwhelming bullpen to go along with it. This red sox team is built to contend at the highest level. 2008 should be a great year for red sox nation!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  15. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    And......the sox are the favorites to win the east........ It's going to be a great year in baseball!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  16. Advanced Member
    SgtP's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    543
    Rep Power
    1450
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    75.37%

    Go Yankees!!!!!
  17. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,723
    Rep Power
    3986148
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Just thought i would throw out the fact i am a sox fan too...hope they have a great year
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  18. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtP View Post
    Go Skankees!!!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  19. Advanced Member
    SgtP's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    543
    Rep Power
    1450
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    75.37%

    I see what you did there
  20. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    The Sox get a 6-5 opening day win over oakland today haha!!! Baseball season is officially underway!!!


    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  21. New Member
    CustomNW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    218
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtP View Post
    Go Yankees!!!!!
    Go yanks!
  22. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by CustomNW View Post
    Go yanks!
    No custom......not you too!!!! GO SOX!!!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  23. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Manny gets 2 doubles and 4 rbi's in the first game! He looks to be in top physical shape this year. With a healthy ortiz and ramirez thsi year, the will dominate the 3/4 slots once again.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  24. New Member
    CustomNW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    218
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    No custom......not you too!!!! GO SOX!!!!!
    I love ya trauma, but not the sox. But you have to love the series though.
  25. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by CustomNW View Post
    I love ya trauma, but not the sox. But you have to love the series though.
    Yes, it's what i live for man. Great rivalry that's great for the game.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  26. New Member
    bryan4592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    138
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    49.65%

    Im a semi-sox fan from the Midwest. I was actually more of a fan before they won their series'. It seems like the Red Sox fans are coming out of the woodwork here. Congratulations to the real BoSox fans out there. Now if ESPN would just not talk about them EVERY 12 MINUTES......
  27. Professional Member
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,734
    Rep Power
    1978
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    30.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    hard to hate the yankees when they have her on their team.....
  28. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    hard to hate the yankees when they have her on their team.....
    She's hot, but the yankess still s*ck!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  29. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bryan4592 View Post
    Im a semi-sox fan from the Midwest. I was actually more of a fan before they won their series'. It seems like the Red Sox fans are coming out of the woodwork here. Congratulations to the real BoSox fans out there. Now if ESPN would just not talk about them EVERY 12 MINUTES......
    I've been a fan since i go say the words "Go Sox!" There will always be the bandwagon fans surfacing. Is that any worse than hearing about the yankees every 12 minutes? The sox deserve it and have earned the respect they've achieved.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  30. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    hard to hate the yankees when they have her on their team.....


    she can be my "bat" girl anyday.


    but then tripdog would have to find a new job. maybe he could be my catcher!!!!!
  31. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    she can be my "bat" girl anyday.


    but then tripdog would have to find a new job. maybe he could be my catcher!!!!!
    LMFAO!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  32. New Member
    bryan4592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    138
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    49.65%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I've been a fan since i go say the words "Go Sox!" There will always be the bandwagon fans surfacing. Is that any worse than hearing about the yankees every 12 minutes? The sox deserve it and have earned the respect they've achieved.

    No doubt they have earned their respect. It fells good inside knowing that you were a fan back in the day doesn't it? I still have a poster of Jim Rice, Roger Clemens, Dwight Evans, and Wade Boggs from when I was about 6 in my old room at my parents house. 12 seconds is too much Yankee talk....
  33. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bryan4592 View Post
    No doubt they have earned their respect. It fells good inside knowing that you were a fan back in the day doesn't it? I still have a poster of Jim Rice, Roger Clemens, Dwight Evans, and Wade Boggs from when I was about 6 in my old room at my parents house. 12 seconds is too much Yankee talk....
    I still remember watching the 86' World Series as a kid with my dad.......Lets just say i learned a lot of swear words over the course of that series lol! I don't know what it was, but they charmed me from the beginning.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  34. New Member
    bryan4592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    138
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    49.65%

    That world series is the first baseball that I remember watching. I was 5. I've been hooked on baseball ever since. Not a bad series to get started on, huh?
  35. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bryan4592 View Post
    That world series is the first baseball that I remember watching. I was 5. I've been hooked on baseball ever since. Not a bad series to get started on, huh?
    Not at all. Even with the outcome, it was still love at first sight haha!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  36. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    My god Dice-K looks nasty tonight...........GO SOX!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  37. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    My god Dice-K looks nasty tonight...........GO SOX!!

    NY didnt look too hot tonight but a win is a win.
  38. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    NY didnt look too hot tonight but a win is a win.
    Sox win 2-1.............Woot, Woot!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  39. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Sox win 2-1.............Woot, Woot!!!

    yanks are #1 in the east! get used to looking up at us all season bro!
  40. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    yanks are #1 in the east! get used to looking up at us all season bro!
    So are the devil rays

    Neither will last!

    Go Sox!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Red Sox 2007
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 01:48 AM
  2. Congrats Red Sox, YOU DID IT!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 06:24 PM
  3. Red Sox funny photo
    By MaDmaN in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in