Poll: Will the Red Sox take the AL east in 2008?

Red Sox 2008

Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last

1. I mean.......how great is it to see boston in first place........and the yankees 6 games behind in DEAD last!! Oh how the tides have turned......

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

2. How masterful was lester tonight. I knew the kid had some serious potential once he learned to develop it. The sox continue to show why they are the best in the east!!

Experience it!!!!

Last edited by Trauma1; 05-20-2008 at 01:34 AM.

Legendary

•   

3. its a conspiracy!

4. Quote Originally Posted by CustomNW View Post
    its a conspiracy!
    GO SOX!!!

Legendary

5. T1, I've got some great pictures of Fenway from a trip to Boston 2 weeks ago that I'll shoot you when I download them to my computer. They had just opened a bar there that is actually right on the field! It was a old gate that was used for storage. You sit right behind the centerfielder (ground level)! I'll try to get them to you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    GO SOX!!!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    T1, I've got some great pictures of Fenway from a trip to Boston 2 weeks ago that I'll shoot you when I download them to my computer. They had just opened a bar there that is actually right on the field! It was a old gate that was used for storage. You sit right behind the centerfielder (ground level)! I'll try to get them to you soon.
    Awesome man! I haven't been to fenway in over 5 years. I need to try to get up there this year.

Legendary

7. How amazing has J.D. Drew been in the last month to pick up the slack from some of the injured sox players. The sox line-up as depleted as it is, they still continue to win.

Just wait until the pitching and the rest line-up are back up to full strength. Dominance it shall be!

Not to mention 5 sox players(Varitek, Pedroia, Ramirez, Youkilis, and the one and only big papi!) are looking to start in the all-star game. Even better, it's in New York this year hahahaha!!

Legendary

8. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    How amazing has J.D. Drew been in the last month to pick up the slack from some of the injured sox players. The sox line-up as depleted as it is, they still continue to win.

Just wait until the pitching and the rest line-up are back up to full strength. Dominance it shall be!

Not to mention 5 sox players(Varitek, Pedroia, Ramirez, Youkilis, and the one and only big papi!) are looking to start in the all-star game. Even better, it's in New York this year hahahaha!!
    Drew is the man, I am soo glad the Phillies didnt get him. I love how he owned them the other night.

9. Quote Originally Posted by g29er View Post
    Drew is the man, I am soo glad the Phillies didnt get him. I love how he owned them the other night.
    He's certainly been on a rear for the last month. It's nice to finally see him settle into the sox line up and be a big producer!

Legendary

10. The red sox are the first team in the majors to 50 wins!!

Legendary

11. I hope the sox STOMP the rays into the ground tonight!!!

Legendary

12. Trauma, the tiggy's are heating up WITHOUT mags, inge (k is not very good), dontrell's down in A ball and just got back Zumiya and Rodney (and aren't near tip top shape)

17-7 in June you better watch out.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

13. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Trauma, the tiggy's are heating up WITHOUT mags, inge (k is not very good), dontrell's down in A ball and just got back Zumiya and Rodney (and aren't near tip top shape)

17-7 in June you better watch out.
    I watched one of their games the other night. They certainly have a lot of talent and potential.

At this point, who knows what the playoffs will look like. Every pennant race is so incredibly tight this year. I can't think of a year in recent memory that the AL east itself has been this competetive.

I would like to see the cubs make it far in the NL though. I follow them as my NL team. We have the rays for 3 games, and then a 4 game set in new york. This should be an interesting week for the sox!

Legendary

14. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I watched one of their games the other night. They certainly have a lot of talent and potential.

At this point, who knows what the playoffs will look like. Every pennant race is so incredibly tight this year. I can't think of a year in recent memory that the AL east itself has been this competetive.

I would like to see the cubs make it far in the NL though. I follow them as my NL team. We have the rays for 3 games, and then a 4 game set in new york. This should be an interesting week for the sox!
    Yea im def going to the bar on wed to catch them and the rays for wed night baseball.

So the Sox have a tough strechs before the All-Star break huh? Thats good because even if they go on a loseing note the 3 days off will do them well and hault any negative momentum.

Im pushing for a Red Sox/Tigers ALCS. I would also like to see the cubs pull thru. I see Many's getting out of that slump with that oppo bomb yesterday. You need to find someone to get the ball to Papelbon and then it's good night sweet heart. (the japan lefty whos name ecscapes me now has allowed something like 12 of 13 inherited base runners to score this year...ouch) The Sox are mighty mighty good.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Yea im def going to the bar on wed to catch them and the rays for wed night baseball.

So the Sox have a tough strechs before the All-Star break huh? Thats good because even if they go on a loseing note the 3 days off will do them well and hault any negative momentum.

Im pushing for a Red Sox/Tigers ALCS. I would also like to see the cubs pull thru. I see Many's getting out of that slump with that oppo bomb yesterday. You need to find someone to get the ball to Papelbon and then it's good night sweet heart. (the japan lefty whos name ecscapes me now has allowed something like 12 of 13 inherited base runners to score this year...ouch) The Sox are mighty mighty good.
    Our middle relief imo is awful right now. Aardsma i never liked from the beginning. I like manny delcarmen, but he has NO movement on his fastball at all. He leaves pitches out over the plate at times that leaves me shaking my head. Even okajima has been struggling this year. We've lost SO many games due to blown middle relief efforts. If we can patch that up, they will be as dominant as ever imo. I still really like mike timlin and his sinker ball. He's aging, but the guy has been fairly solid for many years.

At least our young starting pitching has been very good(Lester, Buchholz, and Masterson.)

I'm also rooting for a Tigers/Red Sox ALCS!

Legendary

16. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Our middle relief imo is awful right now. Aardsma i never liked from the beginning. I like manny delcarmen, but he has NO movement on his fastball at all. He leaves pitches out over the plate at times that leaves me shaking my head. Even okajima has been struggling this year. We've lost SO many games due to blown middle relief efforts. If we can patch that up, they will be as dominant as ever imo. I still really like mike timlin and his sinker ball. He's aging, but the guy has been fairly solid for many years.

At least our young starting pitching has been very good(Lester, Buchholz, and Masterson.)

I'm also rooting for a Tigers/Red Sox ALCS!
    Yea sinker ballers are tough if they can get just one other pitch over for a strike. Timlin is the man he seems to be an innings eater to (from what I recall, I could be way off here).

I faced a kid this year who had a 4 seamer and a sinker. Maybe only 3-4 MPH difference in the two pitches but damn that 6in of movement really eff'd everything up!

17. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Yea sinker ballers are tough if they can get just one other pitch over for a strike. Timlin is the man he seems to be an innings eater to (from what I recall, I could be way off here).

I faced a kid this year who had a 4 seamer and a sinker. Maybe only 3-4 MPH difference in the two pitches but damn that 6in of movement really eff'd everything up!
    Yeah man, a deadly 6" indeed. I love watching the classic 12-6 drop of a curveball that completely freezes a hitter. David Wells had a great one. Josh Beckett and Clay Buccholz have very good ones as well.

Legendary

18. I want to see who all these 'no' votes are from. Yankee fans, fess up!

Legendary

19. For My 6000th post i just wanted to say:

GO SOX!!!!

Legendary

20. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I want to see who all these 'no' votes are from. Yankee fans, fess up!

You know I'll confess(lol)

:bruce3:

21. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    For My 6000th post i just wanted to say:

GO SOX!!!!
    BOOO

22. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    You know I'll confess(lol)

:bruce3:
    Oh i figured haha

Legendary

23. Quote Originally Posted by CustomNW View Post
    BOOO

What's the good word custom?

Legendary

24. Tough loss last night.

Tigers had a hell of a come from behind win last night. Great game!

25. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Tough loss last night.
    Yeah, i threw a few things at the tv last night lol.

I can't tell whether shields was that good, or the sox looked that lethargic at the plate. Maybe even a combo of both.

Lugo is seriously on my last nerve. I've tried to like the guy, i really have, but in all reality he just s*cks. He had a chance to redeem himself with me last night, but as ALWAYS he failed. I'd rather see Alex Cora in there.

Oh well, i hope we wake up tonight and bash these clowns around.

Legendary

26. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Yeah, i threw a few things at the tv last night lol.

I can't tell whether shields was that good, or the sox looked that lethargic at the plate. Maybe even a combo of both.

Lugo is seriously on my last nerve. I've tried to like the guy, i really have, but in all reality he just s*cks. He has a chance to redeem himself with me last night, but as ALWAYS he failed. I'd rather see Alex Cora in there.

Oh well, i hope we wake up tonight and bash these clowns around.
    Yea lugo had 2 chances to get a go head run in that game and choked. When the tigers had omar infante i felt the same way so I feel your pain.

Sheilds was dealin' last night. Boston did get a breathe of fresh air with the cat walk shot,lol.

Who ever pitched for you last night only got hit hard when he left stuff out over the plate so I guess thats a bright spot. Whens big papi comin back?

27. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Yea lugo had 2 chances to get a go head run in that game and choked. When the tigers had omar infante i felt the same way so I feel your pain.

Sheilds was dealin' last night. Boston did get a breathe of fresh air with the cat walk shot,lol.

Who ever pitched for you last night only got hit hard when he left stuff out over the plate so I guess thats a bright spot. Whens big papi comin back?
    Yeah that was masterson. The kid is VERY good, but he did leave a few pitches in bad spots right down the middle. That first pitch home run he gave up was a perfect example of a bad mistake.

Rumor has it right before the allstar break. I miss him.

Legendary

28. I wouldn't expect Upton to be hacking at the 1st pitch I was real surprised about that one.

50+ wins with no papi for 1/2 that time is impressive. I can;t wait till he gets back.

29. How.....How did the sox look so lethargic again?!?

Wow, i'm seriously stunned by this AL east race.

At least the yankees lost too lol!

Legendary

30. SWEEP
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Red Sox 2007
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 01:48 AM
  2. Congrats Red Sox, YOU DID IT!