Red Sox 2008 - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Poll: Will the Red Sox take the AL east in 2008?

Red Sox 2008

Page 2 of 8 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    So are the devil rays

Neither will last!

Go Sox!!!
    i truely hope you didnt just compair the New York Yankees to the devil gays!

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    i truely hope you didnt just compair the New York Yankees to the devil gays!
    Man i can't stand the Devil Gays either...........

However, living in tampa it isn't that far of a drive to watch them play the red sox. Their fans are unbelieveably annoying for having such a garbage team. It's funny though, whenever the red sox or yankees come to town all the bars outside the stadium are full of red sox or yankee fans. There isn't a devil gay fan to be found among them lol!!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Jon Lester had a very solid outing today and ortiz goes yard as the sox blanked the A's 5-0! We took 3 of 4 from oakland. Not bad to open the season. :burg:

Legendary

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

D-rays are like how the expos were! Just a team in the majors for other teams with dough to scout on.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

i feel really bad for you guys
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

bring out the broom
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

We're 7 games into the season, i'm not in the slightest worried. Just look at the freakin' roadtrip alone that the sox started off the season. That in itself would wear away at any team. We'll get back on track at home and stomp the yankees this weekend.

Legendary

8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Dike-K continues to look very good with a solid performance today. The sox smacked the tigers around to win 5-0! . The mighty tigers are now 0-7 AHAHAHAHA!! Now that we're back at home and finally rested, it's GAME ON!!!! The yanks come to town this weekend, so it's time to bust out my Yankees S*ck gear!

Legendary

9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Beckett has a strong outing. Manny ramirez yet again reminds us how great of a yankee killer he really is!!

Legendary

10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

AND........the SOX take the series with an 8-5 win!

Manny is effectively a YANKEE KILLER!!!!!

Legendary

11. LT*
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.

AND........the SOX take the series with an 8-5 win!

Manny is effectively a YANKEE KILLER!!!!!

12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Manny does it AGAIN!!!!! SOX beat the tribe 6-4 with a 3 run 9th!!

Legendary

13. Banned

Manny is hot right now.
    People can complain that Ortiz is slumping, but he'll come around, and when he does, the same nay-sayers will say "they knew he would." You can't keep him down too long.

Boston looks really good!
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

I love the fact that manny simply OWNS the New York Yankees. Sox fans rejoice, we're back in first place right where we will be at the end of the year yet again. !

Legendary

15. Banned

Manny KILLED Muscinex yesterday. Simply murdered the ball. I would like to see him stay healthy the entire year. As of right now, Manny has my vote for the A.L.'s MVP.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Ortiz hits a grand slam with 5 rbi's today.....i think the slump is over!!! The sox destroy the rangers 11-3 and retain first place with an 11-7 record. Dice K goes to 4-0! The yankees get stomped by baltimore 8-2........I love it!!!!!

Legendary

17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

The sox WIN again, and the yankees LOSE again. I love it!!!

Boston already 3 up on the skanks!

Legendary

18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

fukn skanks!
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Lester looked like the pitcher i know he could be tonight. The kid looked dominant! I just hope the boston bats wake up.

I spent all weekend over in tampa watching them get swept by the freakin' rays.......unreal!

Buchholz pitched a GREAT game saturday night only to end up losing 2-1 in the end. I can honestly say i don't know that i've ever seen the sox as a team look more lethargic than this past weekend. Buchholz and Beckett both pitched amazing and they still lost. UUGGGHHHH!!!

Legendary

20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Well the sox stomped the tigers yet again tonight. Manny and ortiz hit mammoth back to back homers in the winning effort. I guess we're back to being sizzlin' hot again!

Legendary

21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

I mean.......how great is it to see boston in first place........and the yankees 6 games behind in DEAD last!! Oh how the tides have turned......

Legendary

22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

How masterful was lester tonight. I knew the kid had some serious potential once he learned to develop it. The sox continue to show why they are the best in the east!!

Experience it!!!!

Last edited by Trauma1; 05-19-2008 at 11:34 PM.

Legendary

23. New Member

its a conspiracy!
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CustomNW View Post
    its a conspiracy!
    GO SOX!!!

Legendary

25. Banned

T1, I've got some great pictures of Fenway from a trip to Boston 2 weeks ago that I'll shoot you when I download them to my computer. They had just opened a bar there that is actually right on the field! It was a old gate that was used for storage. You sit right behind the centerfielder (ground level)! I'll try to get them to you soon.

GO SOX!!!
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    T1, I've got some great pictures of Fenway from a trip to Boston 2 weeks ago that I'll shoot you when I download them to my computer. They had just opened a bar there that is actually right on the field! It was a old gate that was used for storage. You sit right behind the centerfielder (ground level)! I'll try to get them to you soon.
    Awesome man! I haven't been to fenway in over 5 years. I need to try to get up there this year.

Legendary

27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

How amazing has J.D. Drew been in the last month to pick up the slack from some of the injured sox players. The sox line-up as depleted as it is, they still continue to win.

Just wait until the pitching and the rest line-up are back up to full strength. Dominance it shall be!

Not to mention 5 sox players(Varitek, Pedroia, Ramirez, Youkilis, and the one and only big papi!) are looking to start in the all-star game. Even better, it's in New York this year hahahaha!!

Legendary

28. New Member

How amazing has J.D. Drew been in the last month to pick up the slack from some of the injured sox players. The sox line-up as depleted as it is, they still continue to win.

Just wait until the pitching and the rest line-up are back up to full strength. Dominance it shall be!

Not to mention 5 sox players(Varitek, Pedroia, Ramirez, Youkilis, and the one and only big papi!) are looking to start in the all-star game. Even better, it's in New York this year hahahaha!!
    Drew is the man, I am soo glad the Phillies didnt get him. I love how he owned them the other night.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by g29er View Post
    Drew is the man, I am soo glad the Phillies didnt get him. I love how he owned them the other night.
    He's certainly been on a rear for the last month. It's nice to finally see him settle into the sox line up and be a big producer!

Legendary

30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

The red sox are the first team in the majors to 50 wins!!

Legendary

31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

I hope the sox STOMP the rays into the ground tonight!!!

Legendary

32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Trauma, the tiggy's are heating up WITHOUT mags, inge (k is not very good), dontrell's down in A ball and just got back Zumiya and Rodney (and aren't near tip top shape)

17-7 in June you better watch out.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Trauma, the tiggy's are heating up WITHOUT mags, inge (k is not very good), dontrell's down in A ball and just got back Zumiya and Rodney (and aren't near tip top shape)

17-7 in June you better watch out.
    I watched one of their games the other night. They certainly have a lot of talent and potential.

At this point, who knows what the playoffs will look like. Every pennant race is so incredibly tight this year. I can't think of a year in recent memory that the AL east itself has been this competetive.

I would like to see the cubs make it far in the NL though. I follow them as my NL team. We have the rays for 3 games, and then a 4 game set in new york. This should be an interesting week for the sox!

Legendary

34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I watched one of their games the other night. They certainly have a lot of talent and potential.

At this point, who knows what the playoffs will look like. Every pennant race is so incredibly tight this year. I can't think of a year in recent memory that the AL east itself has been this competetive.

I would like to see the cubs make it far in the NL though. I follow them as my NL team. We have the rays for 3 games, and then a 4 game set in new york. This should be an interesting week for the sox!
    Yea im def going to the bar on wed to catch them and the rays for wed night baseball.

So the Sox have a tough strechs before the All-Star break huh? Thats good because even if they go on a loseing note the 3 days off will do them well and hault any negative momentum.

Im pushing for a Red Sox/Tigers ALCS. I would also like to see the cubs pull thru. I see Many's getting out of that slump with that oppo bomb yesterday. You need to find someone to get the ball to Papelbon and then it's good night sweet heart. (the japan lefty whos name ecscapes me now has allowed something like 12 of 13 inherited base runners to score this year...ouch) The Sox are mighty mighty good.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Yea im def going to the bar on wed to catch them and the rays for wed night baseball.

So the Sox have a tough strechs before the All-Star break huh? Thats good because even if they go on a loseing note the 3 days off will do them well and hault any negative momentum.

Im pushing for a Red Sox/Tigers ALCS. I would also like to see the cubs pull thru. I see Many's getting out of that slump with that oppo bomb yesterday. You need to find someone to get the ball to Papelbon and then it's good night sweet heart. (the japan lefty whos name ecscapes me now has allowed something like 12 of 13 inherited base runners to score this year...ouch) The Sox are mighty mighty good.
    Our middle relief imo is awful right now. Aardsma i never liked from the beginning. I like manny delcarmen, but he has NO movement on his fastball at all. He leaves pitches out over the plate at times that leaves me shaking my head. Even okajima has been struggling this year. We've lost SO many games due to blown middle relief efforts. If we can patch that up, they will be as dominant as ever imo. I still really like mike timlin and his sinker ball. He's aging, but the guy has been fairly solid for many years.

At least our young starting pitching has been very good(Lester, Buchholz, and Masterson.)

I'm also rooting for a Tigers/Red Sox ALCS!

Legendary

36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Our middle relief imo is awful right now. Aardsma i never liked from the beginning. I like manny delcarmen, but he has NO movement on his fastball at all. He leaves pitches out over the plate at times that leaves me shaking my head. Even okajima has been struggling this year. We've lost SO many games due to blown middle relief efforts. If we can patch that up, they will be as dominant as ever imo. I still really like mike timlin and his sinker ball. He's aging, but the guy has been fairly solid for many years.

At least our young starting pitching has been very good(Lester, Buchholz, and Masterson.)

I'm also rooting for a Tigers/Red Sox ALCS!
    Yea sinker ballers are tough if they can get just one other pitch over for a strike. Timlin is the man he seems to be an innings eater to (from what I recall, I could be way off here).

I faced a kid this year who had a 4 seamer and a sinker. Maybe only 3-4 MPH difference in the two pitches but damn that 6in of movement really eff'd everything up!
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Yea sinker ballers are tough if they can get just one other pitch over for a strike. Timlin is the man he seems to be an innings eater to (from what I recall, I could be way off here).

I faced a kid this year who had a 4 seamer and a sinker. Maybe only 3-4 MPH difference in the two pitches but damn that 6in of movement really eff'd everything up!
    Yeah man, a deadly 6" indeed. I love watching the classic 12-6 drop of a curveball that completely freezes a hitter. David Wells had a great one. Josh Beckett and Clay Buccholz have very good ones as well.

Legendary

38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

I want to see who all these 'no' votes are from. Yankee fans, fess up!

Legendary

39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

For My 6000th post i just wanted to say:

GO SOX!!!!

Legendary

40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I want to see who all these 'no' votes are from. Yankee fans, fess up!

You know I'll confess(lol)

:bruce3:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Red Sox 2007
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 11:48 PM
  2. Congrats Red Sox, YOU DID IT!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 04:24 PM