Red Sox 2008

Will the Red Sox take the AL east in 2008?

• Yes

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes boys and girls, baseball season is almost upon us again. I've been able to enjoy the offseason in lieu of another Red Sox world series title in 2007. 2008 should shape up to be very interesting indeed. The sox are STILL argueably the best team in baseball at this point going into the new season. Our starting rotation that will include Beckett, Schilling, Matsuzaka, Lester, wakefield, and Buchholz is solid and one of the best in the league. While spring training is still a month off, the anticipation begins!:twisted:

GO SOX!!!!

:bow28:

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes go sox....... go down on your knees and open wide for Deter and A Rod!!!!!!

LOL! jk. looking forward to the trash talking bro.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes go sox....... go down on your knees and open wide for Deter and A Rod!!!!!!

LOL! jk. looking forward to the trash talking bro.
Well i know Gay-rod is already bent over for his taking.......:blink::lol: It should be a great year indeed......the trash talking will resume shortly haha! :twisted::twisted:

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well i know Gay-rod is already bent over for his taking.......:blink::lol: It should be a great year indeed......the trash talking will resume shortly haha! :twisted::twisted:
gay rod can eat as much wee wee as he wants if he keeps knocking them out of the park!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gay rod can eat as much wee wee as he wants if he keeps knocking them out of the park!
That is until he makes it to the playoffs.......I kid brother.....not really lol :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah i know!!!! :wtf:

the whole team cooled off this past post season.
Yeah for sure. The sox peaked at the right time in the playoffs. This year should shape up to be a good one. I hope to get to a few yankee/red sox games this year up in boston.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
The Sox will be just fine even without the 8 million dollar arm of Schilling. I predict Dice K is Cy young this year now that he has pitched a full year in the leaque. New York will still suck even with Gay Rod

So glad the sox did not get him

Andone more prediction is Manny will tear it up, it is contract time fellas you think he really ois going to be lazy.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Sox will be just fine even without the 8 million dollar arm of Schilling. I predict Dice K is Cy young this year now that he has pitched a full year in the leaque. New York will still suck even with Gay Rod

So glad the sox did not get him

Andone more prediction is Manny will tear it up, it is contract time fellas you think he really ois going to be lazy.
I was glad to hear manny say that he wants to finish his career with the sox......yes we know that could all change with manny being manny lol, but i seriously doubt he'll ever leave the organization. Ramirez and Ortiz are just incredible to watch. The bash brothers brought to a new level. It's really a shame about schilling though. The sox still have one of the best rotations in baseball even without him. It should be a great year for the sox in 2008.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chad when i saw this i had to post it for ya buddy:

And by the way.......I now own the tee-shirt ;) lol :toofunny: Now if that don't deserve reps i don't know what does lololol

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Hey if Schilling can come back after the all star break and contribute I will take that.

I do not really care though we have suck a nasty rotation he is just an added bonus. He is turning into a guy that runs his mouth to muc on his damn blog. Wish he would just shut up and produce strike outs.

As far as Manny goes I do not see him in a Sox uniform next year. A we all know these guys all of a suddne have great numbers the year they are up for a new contract.

My call this year for National Leaque MVP ALbert Pujols

American Leaque is still up in the air

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey if Schilling can come back after the all star break and contribute I will take that.

I do not really care though we have suck a nasty rotation he is just an added bonus. He is turning into a guy that runs his mouth to muc on his damn blog. Wish he would just shut up and produce strike outs.

As far as Manny goes I do not see him in a Sox uniform next year. A we all know these guys all of a suddne have great numbers the year they are up for a new contract.

My call this year for National Leaque MVP ALbert Pujols

American Leaque is still up in the air
I agree that schilling needs to mellow his demenour. Honestly i don't expect the sox to let manny go. Manny is a vital aspect of the team overall and they know that. If he becomes overly aggressive with his new contract demands, then that may present an issue. Manny knows he has it good where he is now, and i don't expect that to change with the team and talent the sox have.

I want to see beckett win the Cy Young this year. I believe him to be the early season favorite myself.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree that schilling needs to mellow his demenour. Honestly i don't expect the sox to let manny go. Manny is a vital aspect of the team overall and they know that. If he becomes overly aggressive with his new contract demands, then that may present an issue. Manny knows he has it good where he is now, and i don't expect that to change with the team and talent the sox have.

I want to see beckett win the Cy Young this year. I believe him to be the early season favorite myself.
Beckett can lick ARods sack!!!!!
i believe that is would be a early season fav for beckett!!!!
:stick:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the patriots are obviously making some bonehead moves at this point, so i'll focus on my beloved sox. With a healthy big papi and ramirez this year i would expect much bigger numbers than last year. Our starting pitching is argueably one of the best in the league with an overwhelming bullpen to go along with it. This red sox team is built to contend at the highest level. 2008 should be a great year for red sox nation!!!:djparty:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And......the sox are the favorites to win the east........:) It's going to be a great year in baseball!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just thought i would throw out the fact i am a sox fan too...hope they have a great year

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Sox get a 6-5 opening day win over oakland today haha!!! :twisted: Baseball season is officially underway!!!

:djparty:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Manny gets 2 doubles and 4 rbi's in the first game! He looks to be in top physical shape this year. With a healthy ortiz and ramirez thsi year, the will dominate the 3/4 slots once again. :twisted:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love ya trauma, but not the sox. But you have to love the series though.
Yes, it's what i live for man. Great rivalry that's great for the game. :cheers:

bryan4592

Awards
Im a semi-sox fan from the Midwest. I was actually more of a fan before they won their series'. It seems like the Red Sox fans are coming out of the woodwork here. Congratulations to the real BoSox fans out there. Now if ESPN would just not talk about them EVERY 12 MINUTES......

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
hard to hate the yankees when they have her on their team.....

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im a semi-sox fan from the Midwest. I was actually more of a fan before they won their series'. It seems like the Red Sox fans are coming out of the woodwork here. Congratulations to the real BoSox fans out there. Now if ESPN would just not talk about them EVERY 12 MINUTES......
I've been a fan since i go say the words "Go Sox!" There will always be the bandwagon fans surfacing. Is that any worse than hearing about the yankees every 12 minutes? The sox deserve it and have earned the respect they've achieved.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
she can be my "bat" girl anyday.

but then tripdog would have to find a new job. maybe he could be my catcher!!!!!
LMFAO!!!

bryan4592

Awards
I've been a fan since i go say the words "Go Sox!" There will always be the bandwagon fans surfacing. Is that any worse than hearing about the yankees every 12 minutes? The sox deserve it and have earned the respect they've achieved.

No doubt they have earned their respect. It fells good inside knowing that you were a fan back in the day doesn't it? I still have a poster of Jim Rice, Roger Clemens, Dwight Evans, and Wade Boggs from when I was about 6 in my old room at my parents house. 12 seconds is too much Yankee talk....

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No doubt they have earned their respect. It fells good inside knowing that you were a fan back in the day doesn't it? I still have a poster of Jim Rice, Roger Clemens, Dwight Evans, and Wade Boggs from when I was about 6 in my old room at my parents house. 12 seconds is too much Yankee talk....
I still remember watching the 86' World Series as a kid with my dad.......Lets just say i learned a lot of swear words over the course of that series lol! I don't know what it was, but they charmed me from the beginning.

bryan4592

Awards
That world series is the first baseball that I remember watching. I was 5. I've been hooked on baseball ever since. Not a bad series to get started on, huh?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That world series is the first baseball that I remember watching. I was 5. I've been hooked on baseball ever since. Not a bad series to get started on, huh?
Not at all. Even with the outcome, it was still love at first sight haha! :cheers:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My god Dice-K looks nasty tonight...........GO SOX!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yanks are #1 in the east! get used to looking up at us all season bro!
So are the devil rays :blink:

Neither will last! ;)

Go Sox!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i truely hope you didnt just compair the New York Yankees to the devil gays!:rasp:
Man i can't stand the Devil Gays either...........

However, living in tampa it isn't that far of a drive to watch them play the red sox. Their fans are unbelieveably annoying for having such a garbage team. It's funny though, whenever the red sox or yankees come to town all the bars outside the stadium are full of red sox or yankee fans. There isn't a devil gay fan to be found among them lol!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jon Lester had a very solid outing today and ortiz goes yard as the sox blanked the A's 5-0! We took 3 of 4 from oakland. Not bad to open the season. ;) :burg:

snookl187

snookl187

Awards
  • Established
D-rays are like how the expos were! Just a team in the majors for other teams with dough to scout on.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We're 7 games into the season, i'm not in the slightest worried. Just look at the freakin' roadtrip alone that the sox started off the season. That in itself would wear away at any team. We'll get back on track at home and stomp the yankees this weekend. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dike-K continues to look very good with a solid performance today. The sox smacked the tigers around to win 5-0! :D. The mighty tigers are now 0-7 AHAHAHAHA!! Now that we're back at home and finally rested, it's GAME ON!!!!:duel: The yanks come to town this weekend, so it's time to bust out my Yankees S*ck gear! ;)

:head::bow28:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beckett has a strong outing. Manny ramirez yet again reminds us how great of a yankee killer he really is!! :D

:bow28:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AND........the SOX take the series with an 8-5 win! :D

Manny is effectively a YANKEE KILLER!!!!!:djparty: