Spygate

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I am not a fan of the Patriots but I think a little too much is being made of this right now. 1. Once again our senators our wasting tax money to discuss sports when gas prices, Iraq, etc. are much more important. 2. Couldn't this wait until the off season. What are your thoughts.

:bruce3:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I am not a fan of the Patriots but I think a little too much is being made of this right now. 1. Once again our senators our wasting tax money to discuss sports when gas prices, Iraq, etc. are much more important. 2. Couldn't this wait until the off season. What are your thoughts.

Are they really discussing Spygate and spending tax payer $$$ to investigate the level of spying in the NFL ? If that's the case then they need to be fired. You will never get rid of cheating in sports no matter what you do. There's too much money and pride at stake, it would be foolish to think that teams won't look for an edge wherever they can get one. What a waste of time, money, and resources. Pedophiles and crack dealers seem to be more of a threat the last time I checked.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Are they really discussing Spygate and spending tax payer $$$ to investigate the level of spying in the NFL ? If that's the case then they need to be fired. You will never get rid of cheating in sports no matter what you do. There's too much money and pride at stake, it would be foolish to think that teams won't look for an edge wherever they can get one. What a waste of time, money, and resources. Pedophiles and crack dealers seem to be more of a threat the last time I checked.
Yes, I do agree.. when I watched a senator comment on it, I was a little bifuddled with larger scale problems on the government right now... like a war and possible recession that we need to prevent.

If the Patriots ARE guilty of further cheating, then by all means that needs to come to light and they must be punished for it. I highly doubt there was any additional taping, as everything brought to attention has been media speculation. But the extention of the investigation going into a senator's office is just real strange... maybe it was a political move for the man, trying to make an impact on his perceived effort to people's interests...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
But the extention of the investigation going into a senator's office is just real strange... maybe it was a political move for the man, trying to make an impact on his perceived effort to people's interests...
Pretty weird indeed. Congress didn't investigate Vince Lombardi when coaches suspected he was spying on them during practice. This is an issue for the Roger Goodell and the NFL to tackle, not our government. Further proof that they're out of touch with the common man and reality.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Because of recent shoulder surgery, I am home and as a result watched the Senate inquiry today. I stand by my original feelings on all of this, what a colossal waste of time and taxpayers money.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Because of recent shoulder surgery, I am home and as a result watched the Senate inquiry today. I stand by my original feelings on this, what a colossal waste of time and taxpayers money.

I kind of got a kick about something "Mike and Mike" was talking about - how CNN/C-SPAN and other major news networks are far more in tune today with the Clemen's steroid congressional meeting than the presidential race, where Obama may have just nearly clinched the race. Pretty big news to me, yet it is nearly overshadowed by sport scandals! Kind of funny if you ask me, but then again they air what the public wants to see (not what is necessarily more important).

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I kind of got a kick about something "Mike and Mike" was talking about - how CNN/C-SPAN and other major news networks are far more in tune today with the Clemen's steroid congressional meeting than the presidential race, where Obama may have just nearly clinched the race. Pretty big news to me, yet it is nearly overshadowed by sport scandals! Kind of funny if you ask me, but then again they air what the public wants to see (not what is necessarily more important).
Mike and Mike is def a show worth watching before leaving in the morning! yea and this whole sports scandal BS is way overshadowing our crappy candidates one of which will eventually become president!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Mike and Mike is def a show worth watching before leaving in the morning! yea and this whole sports scandal BS is way overshadowing our crappy candidates one of which will eventually become president!
Mike and Mike is definitly one of my favorite sport's shows of all time... I used to watch PTI more often, but Mike and Mike is far more interesting IMO. I think the humor blended into the sports really is the trigger for me...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Mike and Mike is definitly one of my favorite sport's shows of all time... I used to watch PTI more often, but Mike and Mike is far more interesting IMO. I think the humor blended into the sports really is the trigger for me...
JT The Brick is even better. He has a 7-11 PST radio show. He's a little more brash than the Mike's and he usually gives no BS. He also has the smartest callers in the nation.

bryan4592

Awards
My God, if I could veto any sports topic, spygate is it

Mike and Mike...Love the show...want to beat Greenberg down sometimes...he gets a little arrogant for some little punk who can't throw a ball further than my mom...

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
It appears that the whole Spygate thing regarding Brian Walsh was much ado about nothing. Hopefully this whole sordid thing is over with and the Patriots can go back to being thought of as the best team since the Titanic ( that wasn't supposed to sink either) lol.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't believe how fans of this sport are being brainwashed into thinking that having video of the opposition's signals is insignificant in any way, shape, or form. Knowing where the blitz is coming from, knowing disguised coverages, are you kidding me?!?! Audible to the run when there's a line stunt that creates a gap... we can go on and on. Wake up fans! :fool2:

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe how fans of this sport are being brainwashed into thinking that having video of the opposition's signals is insignificant in any way, shape, or form. Knowing where the blitz is coming from, knowing disguised coverages, are you kidding me?!?! Audible to the run when there's a line stunt that creates a gap... we can go on and on. Wake up fans! :fool2:
Very well put my friend. And it frustrates me even more that all the analysts, former coaches, and everyone else says that having that information won't change the outcome of the game. It's ridiculous. (Steeler fan here, so obviously I'm completely sickened!) Anyone with common sense can tell you that gives the offense a definete advantage over a defense.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Actually being a Steeler fan is VERY relevant here. Not because of our bias against the pats though. It's relevant because the entire basis of the 3-4 defensive scheme is disguise and confusion. Even in base schemes, we still send 1 linebacker or DB on 99% of plays. Same goes for all the other 3-4 teams out there, even though there are relatively few in the league.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Actually being a Steeler fan is VERY relevant here. Not because of our bias against the pats though. It's relevant because the entire basis of the 3-4 defensive scheme is disguise and confusion. Even in base schemes, we still send 1 linebacker or DB on 99% of plays. Same goes for all the other 3-4 teams out there, even though there are relatively few in the league.
Right on! I dont care if you're the best team or the worst team, if you even have the SLIGHTEST idea of where Troy Polamalu MIGHT be on the field at any given moment you're already at an advantage lol!!

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very well put my friend. And it frustrates me even more that all the analysts, former coaches, and everyone else says that having that information won't change the outcome of the game. It's ridiculous. (Steeler fan here, so obviously I'm completely sickened!) Anyone with common sense can tell you that gives the offense a definete advantage over a defense.
They say that because they are paid to say that. Goodell wants this to go away.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
They say that because they are paid to say that. Goodell wants this to go away.
You're exactly right. If Goddell would of handled this better it would already have gone away. They didn't get punished enough, everyone knows it, and lots of people are pissed I think. But you're right, they are paid to say that. It broke my heart to watch Bill Cowher have to sit there and say that the outcomes of the games were not affected.