Burress Guarantees Victory

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by swole210 View Post
    I can agree with you, that when you are at the top, a lot of people will dislike you. If the Pats or any of their players are not at all arrogant, then why did Brady get offended that Plaxico predicted a low scoring game? He should have just laughed at it.
    Brady in general is about as modest as you can get in the league. His overall calming presence and leadership defines his success. I really don't think he was that offended by it. Plaxico's attempt at stirring the pot is honestly kind of laughable. New England doesn't play into the mind game aspect as is evident in their success this year.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary



  2. I don't know bud, I really think you're reading way, way, way too far into it. I don't think it's the this, that and other it's being made out to be. It was just a very talented receiver being confident; it wasn't even said in an inflammatory manner. It's not like he's Freddie Mitchell.

    And being 18-0, the Patriots aren't going to get fired up by one guy's comments, haha. That's like finding out your Mom just died, and then your roommate saying "We're out of Milk!". Under normal circumstances, you might be mad, but at the time,.....you get my point.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I don't know bud, I really think you're reading way, way, way too far into it. I don't think it's the this, that and other it's being made out to be. It was just a very talented receiver being confident; it wasn't even said in an inflammatory manner. It's not like he's Freddie Mitchell.

    And being 18-0, the Patriots aren't going to get fired up by one guy's comments, haha. That's like finding out your Mom just died, and then your roommate saying "We're out of Milk!". Under normal circumstances, you might be mad, but at the time,.....you get my point.
    I honestly didn't think his comments were all that offensive at all mullet. These type of situations are part of the game. Some choose to partake in it, while others don't. However, emotions can often cloud judgement when playing at their competetive level. Here's a comment straight from brady's mouth at the press conference:

    "We don't make predictions. We just let our play do the talking," Brady said matter-of-factly.


    I like it!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  4. Kinda interesting who scored the final touchdown (music to Twilight Zone begins)

    :bruce3:

  5. yeah what an idiot.......he got the 17 mixed up
    Last edited by snookl187; 02-06-2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Kinda interesting who scored the final touchdown (music to Twilight Zone begins)

    :bruce3:
    LOL!!!! Good one!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Brady in general is about as modest as you can get in the league. His overall calming presence and leadership defines his success. I really don't think he was that offended by it. Plaxico's attempt at stirring the pot is honestly kind of laughable. New England doesn't play into the mind game aspect as is evident in their success this year.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ2yK5C9Ae4"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

    G-MEN!

    Tom Brady is a yankees fan, though, so I still respect him...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by lbarber View Post
    Tom Brady is a yankees fan, though, so I still respect him...
    RIIIGGGHHHHTTT......


    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 07:55 PM
  2. Redskins Victory scripted?
    By anabolicrhino in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2006, 10:02 AM
  3. Ten foods guaranteed to keep you satisfied
    By yeahright in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 11:53 PM
  4. French Military Victories?
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Log in
Log in