18-0 Patriots on the verge of PERFECTION!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can honestly say that this year has been amazing for myself in sports in general. First off my red sox win the world series for the second time in 4 years, and now the patriots are on track to be the best team EVER!!(Possibly 19-0 with 4 Superbowl wins in 7 years.) Just imagine if the celtics pull off an NBA championship, and the bruins can pull off the stanley cup. What an unpresidented achievement for boston and sports in general that would be......yes even though it's a LONG shot, but humor the fact that it could very well happen.

I know there are plenty of patriot/boston haters out there, but honestly there is a reality among us.....the patriots are still undefeated and poised to(well they are the first to go 18-0 in a season/playoffs ever anyway) possibly be the best team EVER to play the game of football period. In all honesty we probably will never see a story, or caliber of a team like this again in any of our lifetimes. I'm proud to be born and raised a New Englander!!!.....I'm proud to be a fan!!!!

:djparty::cheers:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And lets not forget a team with videotapes of everyone elses practices! I still am not convinced they would be at this today if it wasn't for that.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
They are a great team, but there's just to many bandwagoners and over the top fans. I live in Nova Scotia, and New England is the closest team to us, so I've been a fan since before they chanced they're uniforms, but now I almost feel guilty about it.

PS: the Celtics have a great chance this year, but I would count on those Bruins.;)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I
In all honesty we probably will never see a story, or caliber of a team like this again in any of our lifetimes. I'm proud to be born and raised a New Englander!!!.....I'm proud to be a fan!!!!
Dammit, I envy you New England folks right now. I'll take crappy weather as long as my teams are that good LOL. What makes this even more impressive IMO is that they did it in the era of free agency and salary cap. Your scouting department deserves a ton of credit for knowing which players will thrive in their system at the right price, much easier said then done.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
And lets not forget a team with videotapes of everyone elses practices! I still am not convinced they would be at this today if it wasn't for that.
I think they're legit. I'm sure they're not the only team who has done this. It was speculated that Lombardi spied on opponents but they still had to go out there and execute.

I'm a high school football coach myself and we're allowed to film out opponents at their school site or on the road for scouting purposes. I always try to see which signals they use in order to have an edge, it's a natural byproduct of competition. Many teams are using the wrist band play calls with QB's and MLB's to send calls, which makes it tougher to read for those trying to get a sneak peek.

This is legal in the high school and junior college ranks so technically I'm not cheating but pros have more at stake so I imagine they'd do more creative things.

They still have to go out there and perform so they must have plenty of talent to win.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dammit, I envy you New England folks right now. I'll take crappy weather as long as my teams are that good LOL. What makes this even more impressive IMO is that they did it in the era of free agency and salary cap. Your scouting department deserves a ton of credit for knowing which players will thrive in their system at the right price, much easier said then done.
Man i don't miss the crappy new england weather though. I'll take florida's weather anyday lol. Accomplishing what they have certainly is impressive with a salary cap and free agency in place. It is nice to finally see all the boston area teams doing so well. After all i endured many years of complete heartbreak with my red sox for so long......UGGHH at the thought haha. Can't wait for the superbowl!

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
and us with all of our supplements and SUPER supplements... everyone in every walk of life has an edge. That said, this is a very intriguing super bowl. I grew up 45min from foxboro and now live in Brooklyn, so I get to argue and mess with Giants fans for the next 2 weeks.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, to me its more just a pity that it is the same season as that happened, it just tarnishes it for me. Just like Barry Bonds, what he did wasn't explicitly against baseball rules or illegal when he did it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Booooooo

But i don't see this perfect streak ending.....

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
yeah, to me its more just a pity that it is the same season as that happened, it just tarnishes it for me. Just like Barry Bonds, what he did wasn't explicitly against baseball rules or illegal when he did it.
Agreed. I worked for a while in college as an intern for a major broadcasting company that covered college football. You would be surprised at what I even saw going on, anyone will do pretty much anything to gain an edge, mentally physically, etc. The thing I do like about this Patriots team is their focus. Brady had a terrible game, but nothing phases that guy. We didnt even hear a peep out of Moss and he caught one pass for 14 yards. While the whole "spy gate" scandal is disappointing, the way this team will just do anything to win and does not care about individual accolades is amazing.