My PERFECT 16-0 patriots to face the jaguars.

Who will win the game?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, the one team i didn't want to face in the playoffs is jacksonville. They have a solid defense and a strong running game that should prove to be a challenge for New England. It should be a great game and i look forward to it. New England will be challenged, but they will prevail convincingly in the end. My prediction is as follows, Patriots:31-Jaguars:17....Pats to play the colts and beat them again in the AFC Championship game. :twisted:

On a side note it was sad to see the Bucs lose to the Giants today. The Bucs are my #2 team and i would have liked to see them make a better run at the NFC Championship this year.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The only team that can beat the Patriots is the Patriots themselves. If they avoid turn overs then they'll win easily. I think the Pats win 27-10. Too much Moss, too much Welker, too much Watson, and don't forget about Faulk coming out of the backfield on that passing attack. Hell, Stallworth is good enough to start on most teams but there aren't enough balls to go around so he might even break free for a big one if the Jags leave a LB on him.

The only way the Jaguars can win is if their defense gets plenty of heat on Brady while having a +3 turnover advantage. The Jags won't be able to pass but if they control the LOS and pound the Patriots front 7 then watch out. The Patriots have enough support from their running game and plenty of weapons for Brady to bludgeon the Jags defense.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only team that can beat the Patriots is the Patriots themselves. If they avoid turn overs then they'll win easily. I think the Pats win 27-10. Too much Moss, too much Welker, too much Watson, and don't forget about Faulk coming out of the backfield on that passing attack. Hell, Stallworth is good enough to start on most teams but there aren't enough balls to go around so he might even break free for a big one if the Jags leave a LB on him.

The only way the Jaguars can win is if their defense gets plenty of heat on Brady while having a +3 turnover advantage. The Jags won't be able to pass but if they control the LOS and pound the Patriots front 7 then watch out. The Patriots have enough support from their running game and plenty of weapons for Brady to bludgeon the Jags defense.
I totally agree the patriots have this game in the bag if they play their game. They have too many weapons to beat you within all aspects of their game. I expect them to come out gunning and make a statement early putting the jags on their heels all game long. Brady is in a groove this year that will take this well balanced patriot team all the way through the superbowl to be champs a 4th time this decade. GO PATS!!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The Patriots should win it all. The Giants are a schizophrenic team so I wouldn't be worried about people who think that's a sign of bad things to come for the Pats.

The only team that could be troubling is Dallas because:
1. You won't play them at home.
2. They have a good pass rush.
3. They are explosive on offense.
4. They have a physical running game.

You guys already beat them in Texas this year but I think you'll only beat them 38-24 in the Super Bowl :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Patriots should win it all. The Giants are a schizophrenic team so I wouldn't be worried about people who think that's a sign of bad things to come for the Pats.

The only team that could be troubling is Dallas because:
1. You won't play them at home.
2. They have a good pass rush.
3. They are explosive on offense.
4. They have a physical running game.

You guys already beat them in Texas this year but I think you'll only beat them 38-24 in the Super Bowl :)
Honestly the giants don't concern me in the slightest, and i completely agree with you "Schizophrenic" is definatley the proper term to describe their play lol. The only team that i can forsee giving the pats a run is dallas, however i really don't even see that happening. New England is just too well rounded of a team in general. I can remember as a kid thinking i was never going to see the red sox win a world series, or the patriots win a superbowl. All i can say is WOW...... what a decade it's been! :djparty:

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
New England is going to wreck the Jags, unless they fall apart. I mean come on, if my Steelers could effectively score 29 points with nothing but the pass (in which we don't really excel) then a fantastic pass offense like NE's will tear apart the Jags secondary. Everyone seems to think that the Jags are going to give the Patriots trouble, but the Steelers almost beat them. And even though I'm a diehard Steel City fan, the Steeler's were only a little better than average this year. So congrats to the Pats on their soon to be win over the Jags.

I just hope Indi can beat San Diego and put up a decent game against NE in the championship.

Last edited:
MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
New England is going to wreck the Jags, unless they fall apart. I mean come on, if my Steelers could effectively score 29 points with nothing but the pass (in which we don't really excel) then a fantastic pass offense like NE's will tear apart the Jags secondary. Everyone seems to think that the Jags are going to give the Patriots trouble, but the Steelers almost beat them. And even though I'm a diehard Steel City fan, the Steeler's were only a little better than average this year. So congrats to the Pats on their soon to be win over the Jags.

I just hope Indi can beat superdrol and put up a decent game against NE in the championship.
What is that in the red mean...? Like the PH?

OK. Dint wanna type alot or say anything but here i go...
1. Jags secondary owned Pitts. 85% of the time Ben threw more than 5-7 yards.

2. Jags running game was very poor. Garrard lso hesitated to much to pass. The O has plenty in em' even though they dont hold the big time names like Moss, Brady, Wilker(sp?) etc.

3. Jags secondary, ie Mathis, will be able to keep up with and route pick Moss no problem. Moss WILL NOT go over the middle thanks to some of the hardest hitting linebackers, Peterson and Co.

4. Brady is GREAT on the fly. He can adjust extrmely well if his #1 reciever for the play is defended well.

5. IF NE goes short pass they will get 1st downs and def walk my Jags.

6. Brady is a pocket passer, god help NE if the Jags manage to work the Oline of NE and pressure him. He will panic and make bad passes which result in the secondary of the Jags gettin picks.

So. Brady has time he'll be ok. Short passes will beat the Jags. Jags rungame should handle NE no problem. Secondary will need to be on point, 100%+

Best of luck though. Should be a sic game since Jags play and hit hard.

Oh yea, and i think it was a horrid call in the TD area when fukcin Ward was yanking mathis around by his face mask and they called some shyt on mathis for poking him. That really bothered me but it is football and there are always bad calls, none the less,
I hope its a good game.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Is that because the patriots didn't videotape the jaguar practices?
AHHHH HAHAHAHA I would assume so. They prolly didn't expect to see them in the playoffs. Or at all for that matter. Geez, these guys havent play eachother for along time, and not even the way these teams/players are set now.
I think i am working that day...im starting to feel sick...*cough**cough* haha...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AHHHH HAHAHAHA I would assume so. They prolly didn't expect to see them in the playoffs. Or at all for that matter. Geez, these guys havent play eachother for along time, and not even the way these teams/players are set now.
I think i am working that day...im starting to feel sick...*cough**cough* haha...
I'm working that day, however i will indeed be flu'ish that day. :sick::D

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
yea its a saturday game. Dont see a time. Im off work by 4 i found out. If it starts sooner, ill just leave.:ntome:

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
What is that in the red mean...? Like the PH?
Errrr...I typed in the letters S then D together which apparently got replaced with superdrol for San Diego. Not sure why that happened...lets see if it works again.

superdrol

Last edited:
MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Errrr...I typed in the letters S then D together which apparently got replaced with superdrol for San Diego. Not sure why that happened...lets see if it works again.

superdrol
oh ok, thats kind of odd.

I voted Jags of course, i wish the other 2 would fess up!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Well it certainly wasn't me haha ;)
You wouldnt be a true fan if you dint stand behind your team 100%.
I would know, and my dad is a Raiders fan...for a long time. He was lucky enough this past season to go see them when they played the Bears.(we're Chicagoians) Neither of us are Bears fans but dang Chicago def has some of the most hardcore & loyal sports fans.

I am so pumped about this game though. I am goin to order up some local wings and chill and ge into this shyt! i was freakin out during the first game....this one should be intense!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You wouldnt be a true fan if you dint stand behind your team 100%.
I would know, and my dad is a Raiders fan...for a long time. He was lucky enough this past season to go see them when they played the Bears.(we're Chicagoians) Neither of us are Bears fans but dang Chicago def has some of the most hardcore & loyal sports fans.

I am so pumped about this game though. I am goin to order up some local wings and chill and ge into this shyt! i was freakin out during the first game....this one should be intense!
Bro believe me i would know, i'm a red sox fan remember.....many years of frustration and horror lol

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Bro believe me i would know, i'm a red sox fan remember.....many years of frustration and horror lol
haha true.
PS- wasnt sayin you werent, i forgot to put that the first time around! my bad.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm a diehard 49ers fan but I can't believe how many people are betting on Jacksonville. They're too conservative on offense to damage the Patriots defense. If they fall behind by 10 at any point then the game is over and more then likely about to become a rout at that point.

By the way, the over in the Dallas New York is easy money this week !

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I'm a diehard 49ers fan but I can't believe how many people are betting on Jacksonville. They're too conservative on offense to damage the Patriots defense. If they fall behind by 10 at any point then the game is over and more then likely about to become a rout at that point.

By the way, the over in the Dallas New York is easy money this week !
Agreed Jags are slow moving but i think the D will help hold. I been so fukcin pumped bout this....

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Agreed Jags are slow moving but i think the D will help hold. I been so fukcin pumped bout this....
I'm pretty pumped and my team isn't involved LOL. I just don't see Jacksonville as the type of team that will take risks early in the game in order to put the Pats in a hole. They'll get themselves in trouble by not putting the Pats in a hole because that means they're gonna have to make more crucial 3rd and long conversions, more crucial stops on defense to get the ball for the offense, and more opportunities to make lethal mistakes.

The only way the Jags win is if they get off to a big early lead of 14+ points. They have a much better defense then the Giants and I think they can hold a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. If they don't jump ahead early on then they're basically asking the Patriots to take the risk and they're only the highest scoring team of all time :)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
correction

16-0*

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is a good match up for the Pats IMO.If the Jags go down 14 points by the half it's game over.The Jags have a good ground game but are not a quick strike team.The Jags do not blitz much and the secondary will have fits against Brady's air assault.Pats will spread the field with quick strikes to Welker in the slot and down field to Moss..If the Jags can keep it close they have a shot.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney, and Moss.......you just can't handle it Jacksonville haha :D I'll have my patriot tee-shirt on at work tomorrow.....GO PATS BABY!!!!

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one who thinks the jags can pull this off? the patriots looked a little sloppy to end the season with scares from baltimore, pittsburgh, and new york - 2 non playoff teams. the jags have incredible momentum and confidence right now. david garrard have proven to be a very reliable QB with minimal errors. combine that with a healthy fred taylor (finally, he made it through a full season) and you have a serious threat. the pats defense does struggle at times, especially in the red zone. I am picturing a game similar to the pats/colts matchup earlier this season, and a game that will be decided in the final minutes.

All I know is that it is definately worth the risk betting money line on jags for a huge payout. however, i'm a pussy and took the points :sad:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one who thinks the jags can pull this off? the patriots looked a little sloppy to end the season with scares from baltimore, pittsburgh, and new york - 2 non playoff teams. the jags have incredible momentum and confidence right now. david garrard have proven to be a very reliable QB with minimal errors. combine that with a healthy fred taylor (finally, he made it through a full season) and you have a serious threat. the pats defense does struggle at times, especially in the red zone. I am picturing a game similar to the pats/colts matchup earlier this season, and a game that will be decided in the final minutes.

All I know is that it is definately worth the risk betting money line on jags for a huge payout. however, i'm a pussy and took the points :sad:
Ah, gambling, my favorite passtime :D I'm playing the over in the Dallas-New York game this week as my big money game. I'm taking the Colts, Seahawks, and Patriots this week but I put most of my money on the over since that seems like the best possibility to me :)

I see Green Bay winning 23-20 so they won't cover the spread. Gates is doubtful and won't be very effective if he plays. Colts cover with a 31-16 win. I expect Rivers to be overmatched by Indy's D.

I'm not betting on the outcome of Dallas-NY vs. the spread but the over is 46.5 and they've gone over this total both times this season. They both have weaknesses in the secondary so expect plenty of points, that's my only guarantee for this one. I don't care who wins as long as they combine for 47 points :D

I just think this Jaguars team lacks the play-makers on offense to give New England's defense fits. I think this will remain relatively close until the 3rd or 4th quarter when the Jags defense begins to wear down. I don't have a crystal ball but that's what I see happening. The only way I see them winning is if they gets TD's from special teams or their defense. I know it sounds cliches, but they're gonna need a huge game from special teams because Garrard won't be able to hurt the Pats defense.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah.........17-0, and yet another tom brady record......GO PATS BABY!!!!!! Bring on the colts!!.....I would love to see the pats complete the perfect season by thrashing them as well in the playoffs.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well a few things here.

1) The Pats haven't had the perfect season. They have gone 17-0 thus far with a lot of football to play, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

2) The Colts gave the Patriots their only (arguably, here [Ravens]) legitimate game all season. The first three drives in that game the Patriots walked all over the Pats, and there D's red-zone play was the only reason they weren't up 21-0 in the first. They pulled out the game late, but best believe the game, if it occurs, will be good.

3) The Patriots have not played a D as agile and quick as the Colts since, well, the Colts. If the Colts keep pressure on T-Brady and limit big plays it should be another close game.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well a few things here.

1) The Pats haven't had the perfect season. They have gone 17-0 thus far with a lot of football to play, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

2) The Colts gave the Patriots their only (arguably, here [Ravens]) legitimate game all season. The first three drives in that game the Patriots walked all over the Pats, and there D's red-zone play was the only reason they weren't up 21-0 in the first. They pulled out the game late, but best believe the game, if it occurs, will be good.

3) The Patriots have not played a D as agile and quick as the Colts since, well, the Colts. If the Colts keep pressure on T-Brady and limit big plays it should be another close game.
Well in response ;)

1) The patriots already have played and beat the colts this year.

2) Since 2001 New England has had the Colts number the majority of the time when it counted and don't expect this year to be ANY different. Yes they lost last year in the championship game, but lets face it New England had that game won until the defense completely collapsed....but i give them props for pulling it out.

3) In response to your #2.....Well isn't it the great teams that find ways to win games like new england did lol.....just a shot there buddy ;).

4) It will be a good game indeed, however i don't think any team will be able to contain the New England offense long enough to pull out a win. Now granted there are still 2 games to get through to claim the prize, however after 17 games NOBODY has proved they can best New England in the end.

5) Indy isn't even necessarily going to play the patriots at this point. They still have to get by the chargers who have also beat them this year......and manning with a career high 6 interceptions in that game haha.

Either way i want to see the Colts/Pats lock up in the AFC championship game. I'm off from work and will be ready for the great game that surely awaits us mullet.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well in response ;)

1) The patriots already have played and beat the colts this year.
Just barely. And as I said, Indy walked all over them for 3/4 of the game. The better team pulled it out in the end, but it was closer than Pats fans like to remember.

2) Since 2001 New England has had the Colts number the majority of the time when it counted and don't expect this year to be ANY different. Yes they lost last year in the championship game, but lets face it New England had that game won untill the defense completely collapsed....but i give them props for pulling it out.
So, when your team pulls a win out of their ass (ala win against the Colts this year) it's because they are good, but when my team does it it's your team's collapse? Right. I'll remember that. ;)

3) In response to your #2.....Well isn't it the great teams that find ways to win games like new england did lol.....just a shot there buddy ;).
See above

4) It will be a good game indeed, however i don't think any team will be able to contain the New England offense long enough to pull out a win. Now granted there are still 2 games to get through to claim the prize, however after 17 games NOBODY has proved they can best New England in the end.
That's the thing though, Indy did. The Pats got a late TD on a bad play, and were contained and their D was outplayed for the majority of the game.

5) Indy isn't even necessarily going to play the patriots at this point. They still have to get by the chargers who have also beat them this year......and manning with a career high 6 interceptions in that game haha.
True.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Barely is still a win though haha. At the end of the day it only matters who was better in the end.....*cough* New England :D

Previous Matchups
The Patriots and the Colts have met 10 times since the 2001 season (7 regular season, 3 playoffs). The Patriots have won 7 of those meetings while the Colts have won 3.

I can only hope we meet again.....to send the colts packing back home riding their little ponies lol

Game on brother! :twisted:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
It was a good game. Not crazy exciting but very good. I give alot of credit to both teams for the way they played.

1. I wish the Jags wouldhave played harder on D.
2. Brady & Co. worked the weakness well, shortpass.
3. Glad it was somewhat of a game most of the way.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Who was it that assumed the Colts were going to beat the Chargers?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, you might be talking about me. But then I realized you'd probably have read the entire post, so then I realized that you weren't talking about me.

The Colts gave the Patriots their only (arguably, here [Ravens]) legitimate game all season. The first three drives in that game the Patriots walked all over the Pats, and there D's red-zone play was the only reason they weren't up 21-0 in the first. They pulled out the game late, but best believe the game, if it occurs, will be good.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Who was it that assumed the Colts were going to beat the Chargers?
Yes LOL ! I thought with the Chargers had no chance with an ailing Antonio Gates and an inconsistent Philip Rivers. The Colts really missed Dwight Freeney. Peyton now has to watch his little brother play while he sits at home.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would have liked to see New England play the Colts in the championship game, however the pats have plenty of animosity with the chargers which should make this game almost as interesting. 17 down, 2 to go.......GO PATS!!!!:burg:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I kind of want it to go Green Bay v. San Diego.
I like LT, but dont like rivers.
I want Farve to enjoy this season to the fullest.
I dont think NYG deserve it, i know they have played very well but, i think theyll get beat soon(by GB)
All in all i guess i could stomach San Diego takin it all.
No offense, but i never liked the Pats to much so i am hopin they go down soon...but they are so good.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Never say never I guess...but seriously...I CAN'T see anything but Pats v. Packers in the Bowl.

Can the really ailing Chargers go into NE and knock em off? Can NY go into GB and knock off Favre at a time of the year where he is basically Superman on his own field?

Hmm...nah.

NE v GB in the Superbowl! You heard is here first.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never say never I guess...but seriously...I CAN'T see anything but Pats v. Packers in the Bowl.

Can the really ailing Chargers go into NE and knock em off? Can NY go into GB and knock off Favre at a time of the year where he is basically Superman on his own field?

Hmm...nah.

NE v GB in the Superbowl! You heard is here first.
I completely agree. I firmly believe that the Patriots are just too deep and well rounded of a team overall for the chargers to overcome. They'll wear you out physically and mentally in their pursuit of winning the game.

I think the packers in general are going to be too much for the giants to handle. Yes they beat the cowboys today, but seriously neither team was impressive at all.

Any given sunday things can happen, however i think destiny has the Packers and the Patriots locking up in footballs' biggest game.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The difference in the Giants-Packers game will be Ryan Grant. This kid had an amazing game against Seattle. The Giants defense gave up 129 to Marion Barber, expect Grant to have similar success. Eli and his weapons will be overmatched by Green Bay's secondary.

It's gonna have to be the Chargers defense and special teams setting the offense up with great field position. The Chargers led the league in interceptions and were fifth in sacks. They ranked fifth in the league in fewest points allowed. This looks great on paper but games aren't played on paper, they're played on the field. The Patriots beat them on the field 38-14 early in the season. The Patriots aren't the Cowboys, they have more killer insitinct then any squad I've seen since the 49ers of the 80's and early 90's. Pats win 30-17.