Poll: Who will win the game?

My PERFECT 16-0 patriots to face the jaguars.

Page 2 of 2 First 12



  1. YEEEAAAAA!!.


  2. Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney, and Moss.......you just can't handle it Jacksonville haha I'll have my patriot tee-shirt on at work tomorrow.....GO PATS BABY!!!!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

    •   
       


  3. Am I the only one who thinks the jags can pull this off? the patriots looked a little sloppy to end the season with scares from baltimore, pittsburgh, and new york - 2 non playoff teams. the jags have incredible momentum and confidence right now. david garrard have proven to be a very reliable QB with minimal errors. combine that with a healthy fred taylor (finally, he made it through a full season) and you have a serious threat. the pats defense does struggle at times, especially in the red zone. I am picturing a game similar to the pats/colts matchup earlier this season, and a game that will be decided in the final minutes.

    All I know is that it is definately worth the risk betting money line on jags for a huge payout. however, i'm a ***** and took the points

  4. Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the jags can pull this off? the patriots looked a little sloppy to end the season with scares from baltimore, pittsburgh, and new york - 2 non playoff teams. the jags have incredible momentum and confidence right now. david garrard have proven to be a very reliable QB with minimal errors. combine that with a healthy fred taylor (finally, he made it through a full season) and you have a serious threat. the pats defense does struggle at times, especially in the red zone. I am picturing a game similar to the pats/colts matchup earlier this season, and a game that will be decided in the final minutes.

    All I know is that it is definately worth the risk betting money line on jags for a huge payout. however, i'm a ***** and took the points
    Ah, gambling, my favorite passtime I'm playing the over in the Dallas-New York game this week as my big money game. I'm taking the Colts, Seahawks, and Patriots this week but I put most of my money on the over since that seems like the best possibility to me

    I see Green Bay winning 23-20 so they won't cover the spread. Gates is doubtful and won't be very effective if he plays. Colts cover with a 31-16 win. I expect Rivers to be overmatched by Indy's D.

    I'm not betting on the outcome of Dallas-NY vs. the spread but the over is 46.5 and they've gone over this total both times this season. They both have weaknesses in the secondary so expect plenty of points, that's my only guarantee for this one. I don't care who wins as long as they combine for 47 points

    I just think this Jaguars team lacks the play-makers on offense to give New England's defense fits. I think this will remain relatively close until the 3rd or 4th quarter when the Jags defense begins to wear down. I don't have a crystal ball but that's what I see happening. The only way I see them winning is if they gets TD's from special teams or their defense. I know it sounds cliches, but they're gonna need a huge game from special teams because Garrard won't be able to hurt the Pats defense.

  5. Ah.........17-0, and yet another tom brady record......GO PATS BABY!!!!!! Bring on the colts!!.....I would love to see the pats complete the perfect season by thrashing them as well in the playoffs.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

    •   
       


  6. Well a few things here.

    1) The Pats haven't had the perfect season. They have gone 17-0 thus far with a lot of football to play, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

    2) The Colts gave the Patriots their only (arguably, here [Ravens]) legitimate game all season. The first three drives in that game the Patriots walked all over the Pats, and there D's red-zone play was the only reason they weren't up 21-0 in the first. They pulled out the game late, but best believe the game, if it occurs, will be good.

    3) The Patriots have not played a D as agile and quick as the Colts since, well, the Colts. If the Colts keep pressure on T-Brady and limit big plays it should be another close game.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Well a few things here.

    1) The Pats haven't had the perfect season. They have gone 17-0 thus far with a lot of football to play, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

    2) The Colts gave the Patriots their only (arguably, here [Ravens]) legitimate game all season. The first three drives in that game the Patriots walked all over the Pats, and there D's red-zone play was the only reason they weren't up 21-0 in the first. They pulled out the game late, but best believe the game, if it occurs, will be good.

    3) The Patriots have not played a D as agile and quick as the Colts since, well, the Colts. If the Colts keep pressure on T-Brady and limit big plays it should be another close game.
    Well in response

    1) The patriots already have played and beat the colts this year.

    2) Since 2001 New England has had the Colts number the majority of the time when it counted and don't expect this year to be ANY different. Yes they lost last year in the championship game, but lets face it New England had that game won until the defense completely collapsed....but i give them props for pulling it out.

    3) In response to your #2.....Well isn't it the great teams that find ways to win games like new england did lol.....just a shot there buddy .

    4) It will be a good game indeed, however i don't think any team will be able to contain the New England offense long enough to pull out a win. Now granted there are still 2 games to get through to claim the prize, however after 17 games NOBODY has proved they can best New England in the end.

    5) Indy isn't even necessarily going to play the patriots at this point. They still have to get by the chargers who have also beat them this year......and manning with a career high 6 interceptions in that game haha.

    Either way i want to see the Colts/Pats lock up in the AFC championship game. I'm off from work and will be ready for the great game that surely awaits us mullet.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  8. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Well in response

    1) The patriots already have played and beat the colts this year.
    Just barely. And as I said, Indy walked all over them for 3/4 of the game. The better team pulled it out in the end, but it was closer than Pats fans like to remember.

    2) Since 2001 New England has had the Colts number the majority of the time when it counted and don't expect this year to be ANY different. Yes they lost last year in the championship game, but lets face it New England had that game won untill the defense completely collapsed....but i give them props for pulling it out.
    So, when your team pulls a win out of their ass (ala win against the Colts this year) it's because they are good, but when my team does it it's your team's collapse? Right. I'll remember that.

    3) In response to your #2.....Well isn't it the great teams that find ways to win games like new england did lol.....just a shot there buddy .
    See above

    4) It will be a good game indeed, however i don't think any team will be able to contain the New England offense long enough to pull out a win. Now granted there are still 2 games to get through to claim the prize, however after 17 games NOBODY has proved they can best New England in the end.
    That's the thing though, Indy did. The Pats got a late TD on a bad play, and were contained and their D was outplayed for the majority of the game.

    5) Indy isn't even necessarily going to play the patriots at this point. They still have to get by the chargers who have also beat them this year......and manning with a career high 6 interceptions in that game haha.
    True.

  9. Barely is still a win though haha. At the end of the day it only matters who was better in the end.....*cough* New England


    Previous Matchups
    The Patriots and the Colts have met 10 times since the 2001 season (7 regular season, 3 playoffs). The Patriots have won 7 of those meetings while the Colts have won 3.

    I can only hope we meet again.....to send the colts packing back home riding their little ponies lol

    Game on brother!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  10. It was a good game. Not crazy exciting but very good. I give alot of credit to both teams for the way they played.

    1. I wish the Jags wouldhave played harder on D.
    2. Brady & Co. worked the weakness well, shortpass.
    3. Glad it was somewhat of a game most of the way.

  11. Who was it that assumed the Colts were going to beat the Chargers?

  12. Well, you might be talking about me. But then I realized you'd probably have read the entire post, so then I realized that you weren't talking about me.

    The Colts gave the Patriots their only (arguably, here [Ravens]) legitimate game all season. The first three drives in that game the Patriots walked all over the Pats, and there D's red-zone play was the only reason they weren't up 21-0 in the first. They pulled out the game late, but best believe the game, if it occurs, will be good.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Who was it that assumed the Colts were going to beat the Chargers?
    Yes LOL ! I thought with the Chargers had no chance with an ailing Antonio Gates and an inconsistent Philip Rivers. The Colts really missed Dwight Freeney. Peyton now has to watch his little brother play while he sits at home.

  14. I would have liked to see New England play the Colts in the championship game, however the pats have plenty of animosity with the chargers which should make this game almost as interesting. 17 down, 2 to go.......GO PATS!!!!:burg:

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  15. I kind of want it to go Green Bay v. San Diego.
    I like LT, but dont like rivers.
    I want Farve to enjoy this season to the fullest.
    I dont think NYG deserve it, i know they have played very well but, i think theyll get beat soon(by GB)
    All in all i guess i could stomach San Diego takin it all.
    No offense, but i never liked the Pats to much so i am hopin they go down soon...but they are so good.

  16. Never say never I guess...but seriously...I CAN'T see anything but Pats v. Packers in the Bowl.

    Can the really ailing Chargers go into NE and knock em off? Can NY go into GB and knock off Favre at a time of the year where he is basically Superman on his own field?

    Hmm...nah.

    NE v GB in the Superbowl! You heard is here first.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Never say never I guess...but seriously...I CAN'T see anything but Pats v. Packers in the Bowl.

    Can the really ailing Chargers go into NE and knock em off? Can NY go into GB and knock off Favre at a time of the year where he is basically Superman on his own field?

    Hmm...nah.

    NE v GB in the Superbowl! You heard is here first.
    I completely agree. I firmly believe that the Patriots are just too deep and well rounded of a team overall for the chargers to overcome. They'll wear you out physically and mentally in their pursuit of winning the game.

    I think the packers in general are going to be too much for the giants to handle. Yes they beat the cowboys today, but seriously neither team was impressive at all.

    Any given sunday things can happen, however i think destiny has the Packers and the Patriots locking up in footballs' biggest game.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  18. The difference in the Giants-Packers game will be Ryan Grant. This kid had an amazing game against Seattle. The Giants defense gave up 129 to Marion Barber, expect Grant to have similar success. Eli and his weapons will be overmatched by Green Bay's secondary.

    It's gonna have to be the Chargers defense and special teams setting the offense up with great field position. The Chargers led the league in interceptions and were fifth in sacks. They ranked fifth in the league in fewest points allowed. This looks great on paper but games aren't played on paper, they're played on the field. The Patriots beat them on the field 38-14 early in the season. The Patriots aren't the Cowboys, they have more killer insitinct then any squad I've seen since the 49ers of the 80's and early 90's. Pats win 30-17.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 01:39 PM
  2. My first Dianabolical plot to rule the STEEL!
    By MMAnabolics in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 12:04 PM
  3. Trying to sell the rest of my stuff
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 03:46 PM
  4. What to use the week before my comp?
    By wrestler119 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 04:48 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Log in
Log in