New England Patriots 16-0....Perfect!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What a season so far. This team defines a winner in all aspects of the game. They found ways to win in every situation during the regular season. Now it's on to the playoffs. Congrats to the New England Patriots on a historic and memorable 2007 regualr season of 16-0 perfection! :djparty:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hats off to the Pats. Unbelievably easy schedule? No doubt about it. They played horribly porous pass defenses, intermittent with a few good teams (Indy, Pitty, San Diego, though San Diego was playing like garbage at the time). Still a great accomplishment? No doubt. Which makes it all the worse when my Colts beat you in the Show! :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hats off to the Pats. Unbelievably easy schedule? No doubt about it. They played horribly porous pass defenses, intermittent with a few good teams (Indy, Pitty, San Diego, though San Diego was playing like garbage at the time). Still a great accomplishment? No doubt. Which makes it all the worse when my Colts beat you in the Show! :D
Easy schedule? Come on mullet give it up. Indy's schedule isn't anymore impressive by anymeans. I think you're bitter about san diego because they beat the colts haha. The pats are well on their way of solidifying themselves in a place nobody else has ever been in professional football history period. We beat you already this year, and we'll beat you again my friend so get ready ;)

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Congrats for sure. They find ways to win whether it's exploiting an opposing team’s weakness or taking advantage of a mistake. They get sh!t done and they know how to finish games. With that being said, it’s time to see if they can continue this throughout the playoffs with teams like Jacksonville and San Diego playing at their best and an Indianapolis team who almost beat them during the regular season. Should be interesting.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I hate the patriots but must give credit where credit is due. 16-0 is very impressive. My comment for the year was if you want to see what textbook football looks like, watch New England play. They are a team as opposed to simply a collection of big names.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Good year to be a Boston sports fan eh. The Sox win the Series, New England is kicking arse and will most likely win the Super Bowl, the Celtics are one of if not the best team in the NBA, and the Bruins have a pretty good hockey team.

Unfortunately for us Bay Area sports fan's we have absolutely nothing to cheer about. :( In fact, the damn Patriots have our (Niners) first round pick next year. Boohoo.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was comparing Tom Brady and Peyton Manning of 2004. Peyton has a higher paser rating 121 that year and Tom has 117 this year. How is this possible Tom had more pass yards higher completion percentage more touchdowns and less interceptions?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Easy schedule? Come on mullet give it up. Indy's schedule isn't anymore impressive by anymeans. I think you're bitter about san diego because they beat the colts haha. The pats are well on their way of solidifying themselves in a place nobody else has ever been in professional football history period. We beat you already this year, and we'll beat you again my friend so get ready ;)
No? The Pats' schedule while turning out to be 85-98 (combined opponents record) was not that deplorable, it is inflated by a few good teams (Indy and Dallas), while San Diego was playing horribly when they played. Aside from that, they literally played the worst defensive teams in the league.

The Pats, and the amazing Brady, have played against teams with a combined 11 games below .500. 11!!

Let's look at the Patriots opponents:

Jets: No category in offense or defense within the Top 20.

Chargers: No category in offense in Top 10, 1 category in defense in Top 10 (rushing yards)

Bills: Self explanatory. One category in off/def in Top 20.

Bengals: Off is in Top 5, though all defensive categories are in the bottom three!

Browns: Top 10 Offense, the worst collective defense.

Cowboys: One of the top O's, but only one defensive category in Top 10.

Dolphins: 2 Top 15 O categories, worst PPG in league, and contending with Browns for worst collective defense.

When you view the teams the Pats have played there is only one team who has one defensive category in the top ten!! One category!!

Now that was at 8-0, their opponents were 11 games below .500. Trauma, they played the Dolphins...twice.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mullet the patriots accomplished a feat that we'll more than likely not see again in our lifetime. I don't care who you play it's damn near impossible to go undefeated in a 14 or 16 game professional football regular season....thus only 2 teams have done it. Give credit where credit is due. It's really kind of sad that people look for ways to mock an accomplishment like the patriots have achieved. Even if they win out through the playoffs and win the superbowl there will still be people/haters looking for ways to tarnish their accomplishment. I really would like to see the pats/colts lock up again in the AFC championship game......it'll be a great game and even better watching the pats win again ;):D:cheers:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, no, no. I'm not knocking them buddy. It's ****ing impossible to not lose a game, even against hacks. I was just making an observation. Hell, the '72 Dolphins had a much softer schedule. The 4th or 3rd easiest in league history, actually. It'd be impossible to have a perfect season without playing crapshoot games. Sorry to come across like I was knocking them.

Prozach

Awards
Trauma - I couldn't agree with you more. The Pats define what a true "team" is. In today's sports world, you have so many players that only care about themselves, their individual numbers, endorsements, etc. The Pats proved they were a unified team several years ago, when they took the field as a team in the Superbowl against the Rams, instead of having the PA announcer introduce the individual starters. This hasn't changed over the years since they won their first Championship. While many teams lose key players to free agency, it seems the Patriots only get better. Their players are willing to take less money, to win championships.
The Pats have won 3 Superbowls in a 4 year span and in the last six years, they have made the divisional playoffs the last five years. And now on top of that they have just accomplished a perfect 16-0 season accomplishment. Being able to get pumped every week and not play to the level of their opponent, but instead play to the high level of play that Belichick has set - is impressive in itself. I can't wait for the playoffs to start.....it will be interesting to see if Jacksonville can keep it's momentum.....if the Colts can have success outside the dome and can put pressure on the QB without Freeney....if Norv Turner and the Chargers can actually win a playoff game or will the fans be chanting Marty Marty by halftime? And can the Pats complete a perfect 19-0 season?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, no, no. I'm not knocking them buddy. It's ****ing impossible to not lose a game, even against hacks. I was just making an observation. Hell, the '72 Dolphins had a much softer schedule. The 4th or 3rd easiest in league history, actually. It'd be impossible to have a perfect season without playing crapshoot games. Sorry to come across like I was knocking them.
Nah it's cool bro i didn't think you were. Can't wait for the playoffs! :twisted:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That game was very intense last night. Yea, New England is the sh*t this year...tip your hats to a great team. The Brady/Moss combo is just unreal.