When are we gonna realize...

Agent White

Agent White

Awards
Who is tired of hearing about the steriod controversy?

We all know that in order to play at your best physical level, sometimes you need a little extra. I mean, come on, how many all natural 240lb people do you see running a 4.5???

We are all grown ups (most of us) and understand the risks involved, why do we need government regs, and worthless rules to control us? With as much money as these sports teams throw into training and etc., I'm pretty sure it is a lot safer for them than us--right?

I mean I thought america was free--

TxGuy83

TxGuy83

Awards
WORD......and people that say its for the integrity of the game are full of **** cause one of the most beloved baseball player of all time, Babe Ruth, was an abusive alcoholic, but he was idolized and protected by the media. No one dared write anything bad about him back then. Now the media is just a slander driven whore....that only cares about what will get good ratings.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You made some excellent points Agent. The media needs something to sell to the people so they'll keep raising this issue and spread misinformation to the idiots who believe it. I also detest their defense of "what about the children ?".

Any defense based on "what about the children ?" is ludicrous. If they really cared about the children then schools would be in better shape and child molesters would be exiled or killed, I have no pity for them.

Agent White

Agent White

Awards
You made some excellent points Agent. The media needs something to sell to the people so they'll keep raising this issue and spread misinformation to the idiots who believe it. I also detest their defense of "what about the children ?".

Any defense based on "what about the children ?" is ludicrous. If they really cared about the children then schools would be in better shape and child molesters would be exiled or killed, I have no pity for them.
Exactly, how many children do you see have heated debates about the use of steriods in professional sports...I thought they just debated about how cool the TO jersey looked in the window at the local mall--these people are idiots...and it won't be long before this liberal nonsense infiltrates our society and kills what made us american!

Sorry...little annoyed by this--

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I agree 110%. If anybody should be punished, it should be the comissioner and management. They knew what was going on, and let it go because they were filling seats and breaking records. And the people that talk about it are almost always someone who don't know jack about em. All they know is what the government and anti-steroid people say, not the truth. they need a swift kick.:nutkick:

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
WORD......and people that say its for the integrity of the game are full of **** cause one of the most beloved baseball player of all time, Babe Ruth, was an abusive alcoholic, but he was idolized and protected by the media. No one dared write anything bad about him back then. Now the media is just a slander driven whore....that only cares about what will get good ratings.
There is a difference though with your comparison.

Alcohol does not boost your abilities in sports, unless it was a drinking competition. He maybe an alcoholic, but Babe still delivered.

On the other hand, i understand the OPs views on steroid use. Every adult has the right use do whatever they want with their bodies and they should do so at their own risk. However, to be honest in major league sports the number one issue is NOT their health nor is it about the children but rather the game outcome/stats vs other players that don't use roids.

Fairness in the game is what people are pushing, if someone worked their ass of training to be the best and some dude that took roids surpassed them, that wouldn't be fair to the other. What we need is sportmanship not cheaters.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
ich1ban: You raise some fair points but there will never be a level playing field in sports. The competitive nature of sports will always push some players or teams to cheat. If these people wanted fairness then they'd do a lot more to cover other aspects of cheating. They'd go after corked bats in baseball, teams who spy and modify the field in football, etc.

There are other ways to cheat besides taking steroids but those aren't being addressed in the same way. If they're all about fairness then why are they just assuming that taking steroids is the only thing athletes do to cheat ?

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is a difference though with your comparison.

Alcohol does not boost your abilities in sports, unless it was a drinking competition. He maybe an alcoholic, but Babe still delivered.

On the other hand, i understand the OPs views on steroid use. Every adult has the right use do whatever they want with their bodies and they should do so at their own risk. However, to be honest in major league sports the number one issue is NOT their health nor is it about the children but rather the game outcome/stats vs other players that don't use roids.

Fairness in the game is what people are pushing, if someone worked their ass of training to be the best and some dude that took roids surpassed them, that wouldn't be fair to the other. What we need is sportmanship not cheaters.
Exactly. Steroids should be banned from sports so you should't be forced to take them in order to compete. Its a pretty simple and straight forward concept.

When what a person does with their body forces another person to risk their health in order to compete and have a successful career, that action crosses the line. A line has to be drawn somewhere to keep sports fair and competitive.