Who will Ohio State play for the BCS title?

Who gets the shot?

• Georgia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas

• LSU

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Virgina Tech

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Just getting a warm and fuzzy for what you guys think.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Ohio State doesn't deserve to be there. They had a soft schedule this season.

The two most deserving teams are LSU and Georgia.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Ohio State doesn't deserve to be there. They had a soft schedule this season.

The two most deserving teams are LSU and USC.
True, but that's where they are headed after the two big upsets tonight. My only headache is whether or not LSU gets to go, b/c they won the SEC(Georgia didn't win the east to play)and they have beaten Virginia Tech during the regular season. They are also ranked above Kansas.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
But if Ohio St. does make it to the title, I hope they get DOMINATED by LSU.

If anything, I think LSU is the shoe-in for the title, not Ohio St.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
You also have to remember that LSU's two losses were in the 3rd OT. That is a huge factor. And they had a tough schedule, continuously playing top 20 teams and beating them.

LSU deserves it the most this year.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
You also have to remember that LSU's two losses were in the 3rd OT. That is a huge factor. And they had a tough schedule, continuously playing top 20 teams and beating them.

LSU deserves it the most this year.
I hope you're right. I live in Louisiana and its been a stressful football season for us down here:lol:.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I hope you're right. I live in Louisiana and its been a stressful football season for us down here:lol:.
If anyone thinks the bull**** BCS is going to choose Ohio St. in the title over LSU, they are crazy.

The BCS is such bull****. If Division I-AA, II, and III can have a tournament, why the fcuk can't Division I-A have a goddamn tournament?

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I think LSU is a shoe in. Most likely they will play OSU. Oklahoma IMO should go but OSU has 1 loss instead of 2 like Oklahoma.

If Hawaii wins they should really get to go they will be confer. champs and undefeated.

Its been one hell of a season though. LSU will be champs when all is said and done.

A playoff with the bowls would be pretty sweet!

Les Miles will also jump to Michigan. He said he will come back but I just don't see how he can turn down that job. Roy Williams left an awesome kansas program to go back home to UNC(7-0 hell yeah). I see Miles doing the same.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
If anyone thinks the bull**** BCS is going to choose Ohio St. in the title over LSU, they are crazy.

The BCS is such bull****. If Division I-AA, II, and III can have a tournament, why the fcuk can't Division I-A have a goddamn tournament?
i think the bowl system brings in a lot of money for the sponsors, which is why they are hesitant to change it. remember, this is the same league that had no championship game whatsoever for a long time and decided the national championship mainly on opinion.

if you go on yahoo sports they have an article that basically says ohio state is a sure thing, and one of the people that runs the BCS computers said that he feels pretty sure LSU will be the other one. people do not wanna see georgia since they didn't win their conference, nebraska had the same thing happen in 2001 and there was an uproar over it. It would also be absurd to put VA tech in over LSU considering their head to head match up. I personally think if there was ever a year for a mid major (Hawaii) to get a shot, this should be the year (not saying they necessarily should)

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Hawaii is undefeated. They deserve to go to the national title.

I really think they need to stop this BCS ****. Every other goddamn league in the WORLD has a tournament, why can't division 1 college football?

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Off topic but I am excited about the Rose Bowl. USC/Illinois is going to be a great matchup. USC's great D vs Juice and the Ill offense. The bowls games look real good this year.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
This would have never been an issue if the NCAA had a Play-Off system for D-I. I don't think Hawaii should be in the title game because they would have lost 3-5 games in the PAC-10 SEC, ACC, BIG-12, or BIG-10.

I'd love to see a Play-Off system with USC, Ohio St, LSU, Georgia, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. These are the top 8 teams IMO. It would only take 4 weeks. They could let the other teams have their bowl games and let the big boys play for all the marbles but unless I'm missing something that would make this a horrible idea.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
It's not a horrible idea.

It's just that politics is the reason they won't do away with the BCS, yet.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
The argument that at the end of the season, they are very tired does not hold ANY ground, considering every other league in the world, including Division 1-AA, 2, and 3 HAVE A GODDAMN PLAYOFF.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
no matter how much controversy is caused by the BCS system, a playoff system will never happen. kirk herbstreit, lee corso, and all the other analysts have stated this over and over again. supposedly, there a variety of reasons but we all know money is the main motivation for keeping this unchanged.

im not ranting because i love this system. every game is important, so its all on the line week after week. and i love watching each individual bowl game. what can i say? im a sucker for drama and controversy... plus im a buckeye fan:lol:

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
what's everyone's predictions? i would like to see a playoff system too, but man i am happy on january 1st, so many good games in one day. UNC, i definitely agree on the rose bowl, I think illinois is a top 10 team for the next few years if they keep all that talent around. Interesting how they matched up VT and Kansas, I honestly feel like those two teams are the weakest of the BCS bunch other than hawaii.

my guesses are

USC over illinois
Georgia over Hawaii
Oklahoma over WVU
VT over Kansas

and I hate to say it as I was born and raised an ohio state fan, but I think LSU will win by 10-14 (wouldn't mind being wrong though) :)

although looking back at my picks, they are pretty boring, my guess is when the lines come out they will be all chalk

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Wow Mizzou got robbed.
are you chase's brother? :toofunny:

i agree though, they went from number 1 to playing an unranked team in a non-bcs bowl. bet they really wish they were in a conference with no title game

AM07

Awards
  • Established
USC doesn't deserve to be at the Rose Bowl.

****ing corrupt pieces of **** wanted a Pac 10 vs. Big 10 though.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
USC doesn't deserve to be at the Rose Bowl.

****ing corrupt pieces of **** wanted a Pac 10 vs. Big 10 though.
You are a very hostile,angry man! Of course USC deserves to be in the Rose Bowl they won the PAC-10 title. The system is not perfect for sure but I for one love it and would not change it. All the debate that goes on is part of what is good about the current system. If you have a playoff how many teams are in it and who decides who they are? if you choose 8 teams,then teams 9 and 10 will b!tch that they should have been in the playoffs. I think it should be my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes against the only unbeaten D1 team Hawaii. The system has always rewarded the perfect record so why not the Rainbow Warriors?

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
no D can keep up with hawaiis run and shoot O no D in the NCAA

z28man

Awards
  • Established
Nah, Bulldogs are going to pull that one out. I'm an ACC guy but have a ton of respect for the SEC. LSU would beat Hawaii or Ohio State. Gotta love Hawaii's amazing season though.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
The system is not perfect for sure but I for one love it and would not change it. All the debate that goes on is part of what is good about the current system.
Then how come EVERY OTHER SPORT and LEAGUE, including Division 1-AA, 2, and 3 have a playoff? What's so special about 1-A that they get to avoid the playoff system? From what I've read, leaders of the Pac 10 do NOT want there to ever be a playoff system, SEC teams would dominate them.

CHA0S

CHA0S

Awards
  • Established
Nah, Bulldogs are going to pull that one out. I'm an ACC guy but have a ton of respect for the SEC. LSU would beat Hawaii or Ohio State. Gotta love Hawaii's amazing season though.
yea. Hawaii had the best record and their quarterback break the TD record. To me they deserved a lot higher ranking than #10 regardless of their schedule, margin of victory, division, ect. Maybe #5 is more suited for them.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
The reason Hawaii didn't go to the title is because of their weak schedule.

The same can be said about the Luckeyes, but because the people who choose the bowl games are biased towards historically good schools, OSU made it to the title.

How come NOT ONE announcer even mentioned VT if getting the honor to go to the title? The only two losses they had all season were to #2 teams at the time, LSU and BC. And they redeemed themselves by defeating BC in the ACC Championship. After this weekend, the unbiased computers ranked them at #1. The reason they had no chance of making it to the national title is because the people who choose the games have a bias. This is why there needs to be a playoff system. Auburn got ****ed over a couple years ago when they went undefeated and didn't go to the national title.

All you heard this season on ABC and ESPN was "LSU, LSU, SEC, SEC, SEC LSU LSU LSU LSU SEC SEC SEC!!!"

CHA0S

CHA0S

Awards
  • Established
BUCKNUTS who are you going for in the BCS Title Bowl.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
If you guys watched any of the bowl selection shows, you could see the disgusting bias for the SEC, USC, and Ohio State. How do you argue #2, #4, and #5 in the national title game, but not #3? If VT wasn't good enough, then they would be sitting at #7 or #8, correct?

VT would give OSU a challenge if they went to the national title, and I believe VT would come out victorious.

The BCS really does fcuk a lot of teams over.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
The reason Hawaii didn't go to the title is because of their weak schedule.

The same can be said about the Luckeyes, but because the people who choose the bowl games are biased towards historically good schools, OSU made it to the title.

How come NOT ONE announcer even mentioned VT if getting the honor to go to the title? The only two losses they had all season were to #2 teams at the time, LSU and BC.
Let's see, hawaii did have key wins against northern colorado, charleston southern, and utah state (this one was actually a very close game). comparing their schedule to the buckeyes is ignorant. we had wisconsin, michigan, illinois, purdue, and michigan state. all these teams were ranked at some point in the season and 4 were ranked at time of contest. the only impressive victory for hawaii is boise state. although i would love to see the warriors in the big game (not kidding), i can see the argument to disclude them.

why didnt VT get any love? they lost by over 40 points to LSU!!! both having 2 losses, it wouldnt make sense to rank VT higher since they are both conference champs. the only variable in your favor is that LSU lost their second game later in the season.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I understand they got destroyed by LSU, but their offense really picked up after that game, ESPECIALLY since they started using both QBs.

The BCS is just extremely flawed.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Hawaii is gonna smash Georgia warnerve
i would love to see nothing more, i loved boise state winning that game last year, georgia is just a hot team right now. i won't be mad if i am wrong by any means man!

AM, i am an ohio state fan and i will agree myself their schedule was weak this year, the big ten has been pretty down lately, and no one expected Washington to tank like they did. Remember, before that game a lot of people thought OSU was overrated and Washington was going to win. However, i do NOT agree about VT, i dont consider the ACC schedule much if any better than big ten. They get respect for scheduling LSU, but they didn't earn much respect in that game. I do agree VT has gotten a lot better, but it HAS to be hard for the voters to overlook that game against LSU. I will say Oklahoma definitely has a legit gripe, and Mizzou's game is ridiculous too, I would much rather see mizzou and VT.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Then how come EVERY OTHER SPORT and LEAGUE, including Division 1-AA, 2, and 3 have a playoff? What's so special about 1-A that they get to avoid the playoff system? From what I've read, leaders of the Pac 10 do NOT want there to ever be a playoff system, SEC teams would dominate them.
I like the fact that it's different, it has always been a different way than what other leagues do , hell even different from other NCAA sports do. Take a look at how the NCAA does it's basketball tournament(which I love also) 64 teams get in and there is still annually teams crying about being excluded. Now imagine a year like this one in college football where almost everyone lost at least once, how would you pick the 8-10 teams for the playoffs? I agree with you that it would be dominated by the SEC because 7 of the 8 teams chosen would be SEC teams due to the media's masturbatory love affair with that league, no way would Big 10 or Pac 10 teams get a fair shake in that system. As proof I would say how did LSU leap 4 teams 2 of which won their games to be ranked #2? As for the whole strength of schedule argument every major program schedules cupcakes for non-conference games including the powerful and highly exhalted SEC teams. Ohio State lost 1 game to a BCS bowl bound team other than that they did not lose in a league where 10 of the 11 teams were bowl eligible and had winning records. Put down that SEC Koolaid that ESPN has been serving you, there are good teams outside of the SEC who deserve consideration as well.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
As far the whole playoff vs. the current system: the idea that the regular season becomes meaningless or that we already have a playoff, it's just every week is freaking HORSESH*T!

First off - if you require the 4 or 8 or whatever teams to be the top 4 or 8 or whatever teams in the final BCS standings to be the teams in the playoff, then the regular season still matters just as much.

You couldn't go throw a game and expect that you would get in. You could get in, but you wouldn't be guaranteed. Just like now.

And as far as the argument that we have a playoff now, I mean really now. If we had a playoff - LSU would have been out when they got beat by Ar-kanas. OSU would be out when UofI beat them.

As far as how I would do it - I'd use the final BCS standings. You could use the conference champs if you have an 8 team ore more system. Say - the 5 BCS conf. champs plus the top 3 BCS teams.

If you do a 4 team playoff - which is what I'd like to see first - you just take the top 4 teams.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
As far as the Rose Bowl - booooooooo!

UofI wasn't deserving. Should have picked UGa.

Bah.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
VT really got screwed hard this season, too.