49ers won? WHAT!? HOW!?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I'm still finding it hard to believe my 9ers won a game. I mean, its awesome, but... did it really happen?? This may take a while to get used too, guess I'm in shock!

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I can. I'm a Cardinals fan and I will admit that we suck. We shouldn't. We have a pretty good offensive threat (Boldin, Fitzgerald, James) and our defense has improved greatly this year. Oh well, losing seasons are in our nature.:clap2::frustrate:)

I would rather have someone other than Leinart to rely on in the future. He "looked" good at USC, but USC was awesome. He kind of just blended in.

That game was just crazy.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
OT always makes a game seem 1000x more awesome to me (especially when my team wins during it too!) But yeah, that game was crazy!

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can. I'm a Cardinals fan and I will admit that we suck. We shouldn't. We have a pretty good offensive threat (Boldin, Fitzgerald, James) and our defense has improved greatly this year. Oh well, losing seasons are in our nature.:clap2::frustrate:)

I would rather have someone other than Leinart to rely on in the future. He "looked" good at USC, but USC was awesome. He kind of just blended in.

That game was just crazy.
Leinart is too busy trying to impress his boyfriend Nick Lachey to be a good QB in the NFL. Nothing against the Cards, but I want to see him fail miserably in the NFL.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Great to see another 49ers fan. That makes 4 of us who aren't ashamed to say we like the 49ers ! I'm also shocked that we scored 37 points with our backup QB. Alex Smith better watch out if Dilfer keeps this up because he's in Nolan's doghouse.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Great to see another 49ers fan. That makes 4 of us who aren't ashamed to say we like the 49ers ! I'm also shocked that we scored 37 points with our backup QB. Alex Smith better watch out if Dilfer keeps this up because he's in Nolan's doghouse.
Woot for the 9ers!

I'd pick Dilfer instead of Smith any game. I don't really have all that much faith in Smith. He's just too... I don't know, antsy? Uncoordinated? I can't put my finger on it, but Dilfer just seems so much more stable to me.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Woot for the 9ers!

I'd pick Dilfer instead of Smith any game. I don't really have all that much faith in Smith. He's just too... I don't know, antsy? Uncoordinated? I can't put my finger on it, but Dilfer just seems so much more stable to me.
Smith seems to be playing scared. Maybe his shoulder was bothering ? I hope it was just his shoulder because he's a colossal investment and we can't just afford to cut him due to salary cap implications. They should have drafted Braylon Edwards :rant:

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Smith seems to be playing scared. Maybe his shoulder was bothering ? I hope it was just his shoulder because he's a colossal investment and we can't just afford to cut him due to salary cap implications. They should have drafted Braylon Edwards :rant:
Maybe I just haven't adjusted to Smith yet, who knows... The guys only 2 years older than me, so I gotta give him some major credit for being a pro NFL quarterback and all, but I don't know... I'm just not sure he's completely ready to be playing with the big guys quite yet. But hey, a 9ers a 9er no matter how (terrible) they are, they're all my heroes for just being on the team!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Leinart is too busy trying to impress his boyfriend Nick Lachey to be a good QB in the NFL. Nothing against the Cards, but I want to see him fail miserably in the NFL.
WOW, that's harsh. btw, If you want to see a perfect replay of what happened to Curt Warner in the endzone, go back to his last year with the Giants.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I just haven't adjusted to Smith yet, who knows... The guys only 2 years older than me, so I gotta give him some major credit for being a pro NFL quarterback and all, but I don't know... I'm just not sure he's completely ready to be playing with the big guys quite yet. But hey, a 9ers a 9er no matter how (terrible) they are, they're all my heroes for just being on the team!
He does have the worst receiving corps in the NFL but the thing that worried me this year is that he regressed. If you're a good player then losing an OC shouldn't be what makes or brakes you. If there's no progress next year then the 49ers have to look for alternatives at QB.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Another 9ers victory!!! Sorry Bengals fans, but we owned some Cincinnati @$$ today! :woohoo:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Another 9ers victory!!! Sorry Bengals fans, but we owned some Cincinnati @$$ today! :woohoo:
:dance: :cheers: :head: :djparty: it has been a tough season but I'm glad we handled Chad Johnson. Frank Gore is the man ! The guy is playing with a bad leg and he still gained 130 yards. We'd be an 0-14 or 1-13 team without Frank Gore. This game did have an impact because the Patriots (who own the 49ers 1st round pick) went down 4-5 spots on the draft chart. At least they won't be able to draft McFadden, that would be nasty !

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
:dance: :cheers: :head: :djparty: it has been a tough season but I'm glad we handled Chad Johnson. Frank Gore is the man ! The guy is playing with a bad leg and he still gained 130 yards. We'd be an 0-14 or 1-13 team without Frank Gore. This game did have an impact because the Patriots (who own the 49ers 1st round pick) went down 4-5 spots on the draft chart. At least they won't be able to draft McFadden, that would be nasty !
I have to agree, right now in the eyes of 49er fans all over the country, GORE = GOD. The man is fantastic!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree, right now in the eyes of 49er fans all over the country, GORE = GOD. The man is fantastic!
Gore and Patrick Willis are the 2 beasts on the team. Willis is slated to start as a MLB in the Pro Bowl. He looks like the best first round pick we've had since Bryant Young in 1994, or even Jerry Rice in 1986.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Thats classic 9ers... we get a good pick every 10 years or so :D

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Its Joe Montana Factor. All they have to do is think about Joe and how he made it work and dream it for the present. Going through their heads like madmen, but keeping him in mind. Maybe it will keep working.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Its Joe Montana Factor. All they have to do is think about Joe and how he made it work and dream it for the present. Going through their heads like madmen, but keeping him in mind. Maybe it will keep working.
The ownership, front office, and the media all point out that there are major problems but they have no ideas on moving forward. They just think that they will automatically rebuild in 3-4 years but it's not that easy. I would do anything I can to bring in Bill Cowher or Bill Parcells. They both run the 3-4 and Patrick Willis is thriving in that system. They're both very proven and will be a major improvement over Nolan and his staff.

1. Get rid of Mike Nolan. The team is not making much progress and it's year 3 already. He threw Alex Smith under the bus while he was injured, you just don't do that to a man.

2. Get a fvckin receiver and a pass rusher NOW ! This is what they've desperately needed in the Nolan regime but have yet to address ! ? What's going on ! ?

3. Don't give up on Alex Smith yet. I know I've cussed at him due to frustration BUT the guy is 23, he's had a different offensive coaching staff each year, and he doesn't have much talent around him. He progressed quite a bit last year but has been injured this year so I'd just wait a little longer. Frank Gore and Vernon Davis are all he has to work with. A great receiver will automatically make Davis much better and vise versa.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I didnt really know, I was just BS-ing :lol:
I know, I'm just a bitter 49ers fan who was spoiled by success since the day I was born but they've been bottom dwellers lately :rant:

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Calm down IW... just breath... they'll still be sucky tomorrow!! :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Calm down IW... just breath... they'll still be sucky tomorrow!! :D
Oddly enough, it'll be against the QB they doubted and ran out of town. Good old Jeff Garcia is coming back to town, he's the last QB who led us to a Play-Off victory.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Hmm... thats gonna be a rocky one. A bit sheepish feeling maybe??

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
I know, I'm just a bitter 49ers fan who was spoiled by success since the day I was born but they've been bottom dwellers lately :rant:
I can sympathize. I'm a Celtics fan! And if they can do it, anyone can :)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I can sympathize. I'm a Celtics fan! And if they can do it, anyone can :)
They made quite the upgrade this year. Everything looked horrible when they couldn't Durant or Oden but they did good for themselves. It didn't hurt when ex-Celtic Kevin McHale gift wrapped Kevin Garnett for them as the T-Wolves' GM :)

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
The King!

Alright IW, any speculation on todays game? I'm feelin' grim about Hill... although, the Bucs haven't won in SF, since 1980!

Last edited:
Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm going with the upset since we win when it doesn't matter. 49ers win 17-16 on a late second field goal by Nedney. Gore has 100 rushing and 70 receiving.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I'm going with the upset since we win when it doesn't matter. 49ers win 17-16 on a late second field goal by Nedney. Gore has 100 rushing and 70 receiving.
Alright, I'll go with that. It's kinda like getting that rush from playing roulette (even though most people lose when playing roulette) :D

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
THEY WON AGAIN!!! THEY WON AGAIN!!!! WOOT!!

:dance::woohoo::dance:

Thats my boys!!

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I special Merry Christmas for all the 49ers fans out there!!