Missouri #1...WOW

AFOX

Awards
This is a day I thought I would never see. Missouri is #1 in college football. Being a Husker guy this makes me sick, although I'm happy for the Big12 North. Chase Daniel is for real, and has recived no real love for the Heisman. He is every bit as good as Tebow, and if they make it to the National title he deserves to win it.
I'm just happy that the worst football coach in Nebraska history is gone, and we can let Dr. Tom Osborne bring the Husker nation back together. The word is the top two candidates are Bo Pelini (LSU defense cordinator) and former Husker ledgend Turner Gill.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I called Mizzou as the Big 12 North champs in the pre-season. Loved Chase Daniels and the balance on O last year.

Agree though - never ever ever ever thought I'd see the day Mizzou is #1 with one game to win to play in the National Title.

Though - I suppose CFB thought the same thing about Miami in '83 against a juggernaut Cornhusker team.

I've heard Pelini is the #1 candidate. Makes sense - the Ganz kid at QB is rolling. You guys just need a D again. 61 this weekend after giving up 76 to Rock Chalk is freaking pathetic.

I do have to say - you guys sorta had this coming. Solich wasn't a really bad HC - 9-3. I know he got blown out in the '02 Rose Bowl.
He was fired and then Callahan was brought in. Sorta like Notre Dame with Willingham.

Programs need to be careful when they start looking for new coaches - never know what you'll get.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Callahan was notorious for running soft practices when he was with the Raiders and as a result they collapsed one year after Gruden left for Tampa Bay. The interesting thing is that the Huskers had Pelini and Gill. Pelini was the interim coach when Solich was fired so if they had just kept him then maybe both Gill and Pelini would still be at Nebraska.

Callahan didn't have a lot of contact in practice and this is gonna hurt your defense. His defenses were notoriously horrible with the Raiders and the Huskers. I think Callahan is a great OC and QB tutor though, he might actually be a good candidate for the OC and QB coach position with the 49ers next year, or even Norv Turner if he doesn't get the Chargers deep into the Play-Offs.

Mizzou surprised me. I thought they'd be a 9-3 team at best. They had a solid program but I didn't see them making the jump into a BCS game, let alone the Nat'l Title game. I still think Oklahoma will beat them and Ohio St will be playing West Virginia for all the marbles. Who knows, maybe Ohio St will lose due to a phantom PI call in the Title game LOL ?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Who knows, maybe Ohio St will lose due to a phantom PI call in the Title game LOL ?
PRAYS TO GOD/ALLAH/APU/HOMER/etc.

Karma will come at some point - not sure in what form the traveler will take (Stay Puft maybe?). But - mark it down.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
PRAYS TO GOD/ALLAH/APU/HOMER/etc.

Karma will come at some point - not sure in what form the traveler will take (Stay Puft maybe?). But - mark it down.
Speaking of karma, did you see the 49ers steal that game from Arizona ? Dilfer finally played the way we need a QB to play. It was finally refreshing to see more aggressive play calls.

They finally utilized Gore as a receiver like they did last year and guess what ? It fvcking worked and it opened things up down the middle for Davis ! Frank Gore played like a savior today, thank God he plays his a$$ off every time he's on the field.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of karma, did you see the 49ers steal that game from Arizona ? Dilfer finally played the way we need a QB to play. It was finally refreshing to see more aggressive play calls.

They finally utilized Gore as a receiver like they did last year and guess what ? It fvcking worked and it opened things up down the middle for Davis ! Frank Gore played like a savior today, thank God he plays his a$$ off every time he's on the field.
It did. It hurts to know that win merely gives New England a worse pick.
I wish we had our 1st round pick - it will be a damn good one.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I've heard Pelini is the #1 candidate. Makes sense - the Ganz kid at QB is rolling. You guys just need a D again. 61 this weekend after giving up 76 to Rock Chalk is freaking pathetic.

I do have to say - you guys sorta had this coming. Solich wasn't a really bad HC - 9-3. I know he got blown out in the '02 Rose Bowl.
He was fired and then Callahan was brought in. Sorta like Notre Dame with Willingham.
Firing Solich was the right move. He couldn't recruit worth sh!t and wasn't very personable. 9-3 was about the best we would have ever been with him. Hiring Callahan was questionable. Callahan's practice made Osborne go :jaw:. The third and fourth strings stood around doing nothing. I can't believe how bad the defense has gotten. I watched the Colorado game just waiting for our next turn on offense knowing that CU would score each time.

Ganz is looking really good, 405, 510, 484 yards with 15 TDs (7 ints) in 3 games. I'm excited to see what he can do next year and glad this season is over for the Skers.

Missouri's looking really good, but I think they'll have a hard time with Oklahoma too. I'm glad the Big 12 North is looking good, though.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Firing Solich was the right move. He couldn't recruit worth sh!t and wasn't very personable. 9-3 was about the best we would have ever been with him. Hiring Callahan was questionable. Callahan's practice made Osborne go :jaw:. The third and fourth strings stood around doing nothing. I can't believe how bad the defense has gotten. I watched the Colorado game just waiting for our next turn on offense knowing that CU would score each time.

Ganz is looking really good, 405, 510, 484 yards with 15 TDs (7 ints) in 3 games. I'm excited to see what he can do next year and glad this season is over for the Skers.

Missouri's looking really good, but I think they'll have a hard time with Oklahoma too. I'm glad the Big 12 North is looking good, though.
I feel the same with my team. I'm now watching the recruiting boards every day longing for players that haven't been ruined by one Lawrence Coker.

I just hope Mizzou beats OU. I think that gives a better game in the championship than OSU/WVU.
The over/under might be 120 points with Mizz/WVU!

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
First time I have watched Missouri this year and I am totally impressed with Chase Daniels. That had to be one of the best qb performances I have seen, that said I think Bob Stoops Ohio born and bred leads his Sooners over Mizzou and opens the door for my beloved Buckeyes to beat West Virginia and win their 2nd championship in 5 years. Speaking of beating teams for national championships, all the bitterness and animosity in the world will never change the FACT that Ohio State was the better team in the 02 championship game. The fact that people are still making comments about "phantom pass interference calls" justs speaks of how dejected and bitter an over-confident Miami team and it's fans still are at the loss. I wonder what happened to all those halls and hotel rooms that were booked weeks before the game to celebrate the sure fire dominant destruction of poor old slow footed, unathletic Ohio State. The only possible explanation for such an impossible loss has to be the officiating right? even though there were about 5-6 of those same ticky-tack pass interference calls against OSU but don't let the facts get in the way of your excuses, we all love a good conspiracy theory after all.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I feel the same with my team. I'm now watching the recruiting boards every day longing for players that haven't been ruined by one Lawrence Coker.

I just hope Mizzou beats OU. I think that gives a better game in the championship than OSU/WVU.
The over/under might be 120 points with Mizz/WVU!
Yeah, we're in the same boat, 5-7 and 2-6 in conference.

I'd like to see Mizzou play WVU as well. What do you guys think about conference championships? Is it unfair to make only some teams play that extra game before the bowl games?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Buck - fact is the game was over until Terry Porter decided to throw his flag.

Yeah - you guys took advantage of the flag. But - the flag still remains for the win to take place.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Anyway - you guys have the '02 title. Kudos.
Whoopdydamndo.

I could give a hell at this point - I'm banning retard rival fans from the Hurricane board I moderate.

Seems some people have no class about the Sean Taylor situation.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
First time I have watched Missouri this year and I am totally impressed with Chase Daniels. That had to be one of the best qb performances I have seen, that said I think Bob Stoops Ohio born and bred leads his Sooners over Mizzou and opens the door for my beloved Buckeyes to beat West Virginia and win their 2nd championship in 5 years. Speaking of beating teams for national championships, all the bitterness and animosity in the world will never change the FACT that Ohio State was the better team in the 02 championship game. The fact that people are still making comments about "phantom pass interference calls" justs speaks of how dejected and bitter an over-confident Miami team and it's fans still are at the loss. I wonder what happened to all those halls and hotel rooms that were booked weeks before the game to celebrate the sure fire dominant destruction of poor old slow footed, unathletic Ohio State. The only possible explanation for such an impossible loss has to be the officiating right? even though there were about 5-6 of those same ticky-tack pass interference calls against OSU but don't let the facts get in the way of your excuses, we all love a good conspiracy theory after all.
please for the love of god already

even if OSu goes they get stomped by WVU

get off thier nuts arleady

i would love to see mizzu pull it off. i love college footballa nd i love seeing the underdog do it

but oklahoma is tough

go big 12

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
with LSU losing i knew Mizzou would take #1.

How about UH tho? Where do they stand now in the rankings i was suspecting 13 or so.... We're going undefeated and hopefully we'll get a BCS bowl game.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
with LSU losing i knew Mizzou would take #1.

How about UH tho? Where do they stand now in the rankings i was suspecting 13 or so.... We're going undefeated and hopefully we'll get a BCS bowl game.
I know their schedule's 119th toughest in the country :D I really wouldn't mind seeing them in a bowl game, and I hate WAC, MAC, Con. USA etc. teams that want a chance to play with the big boys. But because their offense is so explosive and its a spread offense. They put up points so they could make for a high scoreing, fun to watch BCS game.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyway - you guys have the '02 title. Kudos.
Whoopdydamndo.

I could give a hell at this point - I'm banning retard rival fans from the Hurricane board I moderate.

Seems some people have no class about the Sean Taylor situation.
That's really stupid to be insensitive about a situation that tragic. We hear so much about players out at strip clubs at 3 o'clock in the morning being involved in shootings, but heres a young man shot to death in his own home with his girlfriend and young child present, it's a damn shame to say the least. Nobody loves their team more than I love my Buckeyes but all of my rhetoric is just for the sake of humor, I would never wish or take pleasure in anything so very sad. So I second jmh in saying rest in peace Sean Taylor you were far to young to die.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
There is an amazingly d*ckless/classless thread over at BB.com that made me want to throw up.

Then there are the Boston College fans. I hope those f*ckers never win another game after what I've seen posted.

Some Gator fans have been equally low-life - though, by and large they haven't been. Just a few bad eggs.

God - what a day.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
please for the love of god already

even if OSu goes they get stomped by WVU

get off thier nuts arleady

i would love to see mizzu pull it off. i love college footballa nd i love seeing the underdog do it

but oklahoma is tough

go big 12

I can't get off their nuts I am BUCKNUTS after all. I have said it before and I'll say it again I was born a Buckeye, I came home from the hospital at birth in a buckeyes outfit and I'm wearing one today, it's that kind of passion that I love about college athletics.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There is an amazingly d*ckless/classless thread over at BB.com that made me want to throw up.

Then there are the Boston College fans. I hope those f*ckers never win another game after what I've seen posted.

Some Gator fans have been equally low-life - though, by and large they haven't been. Just a few bad eggs.

God - what a day.
That would be the sort of nonsense that makes me avoid bb.com like the plague. I have been in Columbus for games before and was embarrassed at some of my fellow Buckeyes behavior,all teams have idiot fans. I love the back and forth crap talking with friends and co-workers and guys on this board but for me it has rarely gotten personal and never so completely tasteless as that.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

God - what a day.
Was it due to Sean Taylor's death ? I know some Raider fans who thought it was funny when Derrick Thomas of the Chiefs die, some people are sick like that.