Hines Ward is a class act

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I met Hines Ward last night where he was a voluntary guest at a local hang out. There was no charge or cover for the event. He acted with class, humor, and absolutely zero arrogance.

He answered about 10 questions that I had even though some put him on the spot. ...he signed autographs, posed for pictures, and was friendly in general with everyone.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, he's not bad... for a Steeler!

Sorry Celc, I might be rooting for the Ravens tonight. I just would love to see a three way tie at the top of the division with my Brownies right in the thick of it!

Although, Baltimore losing means the Browns have a little more room to hold onto second place. Whatever. I'm just glad my team doesn't suck.

And yeah, I agree, Hines has always been a pretty classy dude.

How's your injury?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, he's not bad... for a Steeler!

Sorry Celc, I might be rooting for the Ravens tonight. I just would love to see a three way tie at the top of the division with my Brownies right in the thick of it!

Although, Baltimore losing means the Browns have a little more room to hold onto second place. Whatever. I'm just glad my team doesn't suck.

And yeah, I agree, Hines has always been a pretty classy dude.

How's your injury?
Oh ya, this game is HUGE for the Steelers. A win and we're in contention for conference bye. A loss and we're digging a hole within the division. As far as I know, we split right down the middle with the Ravens no matter what either teams' record is.

Effin crazy with the pulled muscle but it's feeling better every day. I'm probably gonna run an nha stack and save the phera for after new year.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Oh ya, this game is HUGE for the Steelers. A win and we're in contention for conference bye. A loss and we're digging a hole within the division. As far as I know, we split right down the middle with the Ravens no matter what either teams' record is.

Effin crazy with the pulled muscle but it's feeling better every day. I'm probably gonna run an nha stack and save the phera for after new year.
OK, that wasn't even a game last night. That was a beat down. Congrats. Ravens looked like butt. Can't wait for the Browns to play them again.

Next week is a big one man! The Browns are much improved, but the Steelers look really good. Comes down to the Browns D. If they make some plays when they need to, they'll keep it close and the offense should be able to score some. If the D plays the way they usually do, it could be a repeat of the Browns-Bengals game, only the Browns probably won't win it. Should be interesting!

Glad you're feeling a little better. I'm doing a similar thing to rest my back, only more extreme. I'm taking December and January off and just doing cardio on the bike. Along with a cutting diet, it's all going to lead up to a Halo cycle in Feb. I should be leaned out, healed up, and ready to get anabolic! :head: We might be running our cycles at the same time!

Have you heard anything about CEL getting forced to discontinue their clones? I read yesterday that EST got pinched and somebody said CEL might be next. That would be no good at all!

Later.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The other day on a local talk show, some Pissburgh talkin-mullet havin-beer drinkin-terry bradshaw jersey wearin-iron workin-jabroni said that James Harrison reminded him of Lawrence Taylor. The talk show host laughed and hung up on him....

Who's laughing now? :fool2:

Ya, I've heard a TON about a prohormone scare. I doubt the companies are being 'forced' to do anything. However, I could see how they'b be having difficulty getthing their raws. I have not talked to the CEL rep in a long time, but he was just mildly concerned when this all went down in the first place. So, I'm not sure where his stance is at this point.

As far as the back goes, I'm employing an HST-esque routine and using every physical therapy technique I can think of... I'm feeling REALLY good right now so my AX PP is mocking me as I type :aargh:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
With the latest baseball steroid scandal about to pop, I think things are really going to suck soon regarding supplements, I hope not though. The Steelers did what they needed to do last night and took advantage of the hated Ravens. Should be a good game on Sunday

:bruce3:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Steelers did what they needed to do last night and took advantage of the hated Ravens.
Agreed. We got almost all of our points because of a hobbling Steve McNair who usually is a Steeler killer. It'll be a better game next time if he is healthy.

The curious thing though, is how we beat up on some supposedly all pro linemen. But don't let this stout performance fool you. The Steelers are an inconsistant team in a league full of teams that are even more inconsistant. IMO there's very sloppy play in the league so far this year except for the 2 top dogs.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I didn't think that cheap shot on Ed Reed last night was very classy.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
The other day on a local talk show, some Pissburgh talkin-mullet havin-beer drinkin-terry bradshaw jersey wearin-iron workin-jabroni said that James Harrison reminded him of Lawrence Taylor. The talk show host laughed and hung up on him....

Who's laughing now? :fool2:

Ya, I've heard a TON about a prohormone scare. I doubt the companies are being 'forced' to do anything. However, I could see how they'b be having difficulty getthing their raws. I have not talked to the CEL rep in a long time, but he was just mildly concerned when this all went down in the first place. So, I'm not sure where his stance is at this point.

As far as the back goes, I'm employing an HST-esque routine and using every physical therapy technique I can think of... I'm feeling REALLY good right now so my AX PP is mocking me as I type :aargh:
Yeah Harrison had a good game and he's a solid LB, but come on. He's still not LT. Really. Get a grip. In any case, I'm looking forward to Sunday. Besides the rivalry, I think both teams believe they can win, both teams really need the win, and both teams overall are playing well. It's always fun when that happens.

"Forced" is a strong term I guess, but the word is EST was asked rather directly by a certain government agency to cease and desist. So, in order to keep their company alive, they are apparently complying with that request. If that's the case, they might as well have been forced. I just heard that CEL got a similar letter from said agency and may have to make the same choice.

Could all be BS. Who knows?

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I didn't think that cheap shot on Ed Reed last night was very classy.
That wasn't a cheap shot, it was a pancake. Ed has handed out a few in his day as well.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
No rules were broken, it was just a pointless block that could've really injured someone. Don't get me wrong, Reed has nailed some people pretty bad. I guess I just hate the Steelers. :smite:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
No rules were broken, it was just a pointless block that could've really injured someone. Don't get me wrong, Reed has nailed some people pretty bad. I guess I just hate the Steelers. :smite:

Can't we all just get along :fart:

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Can't we all just get along :fart:

NO, WE CAN'T GET ALONG!!! I hate the Steelers too! It's in my DNA, sorry. :lol:

But I do respect the Steelers. They're pretty good this year. I just have to hate them because I was born in Cleveland and I'm a Browns fan. Just like I now have to hate Boston in order to help the Indians win a World Series...

It's all about the hate... I am the anti-Neoborn! :lol:

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
LMFAO :toofunny:
Not that I have anything against Neo at all... Let's get that clear. Neo is a good dude.

Just where he is all about the "much love," I am mostly hatred right now. And I'm not even on cycle!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
All that hate has produced some great games over the years, hopefully Sunday will be another one won by the Steelers.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
NO, WE CAN'T GET ALONG!!! I hate the Steelers too! It's in my DNA, sorry. :lol:

But I do respect the Steelers. They're pretty good this year. I just have to hate them because I was born in Cleveland and I'm a Browns fan. Just like I now have to hate Boston in order to help the Indians win a World Series...

It's all about the hate... I am the anti-Neoborn! :lol:
Go DOGS!!!! I'm a Cardinals fan myself (leave me alone), but have always respected the Browns. Grew up watching Kosar, Byner, Slaughter, etc.

Two words: Braylon Edwards. And where did he go to school? Oh yeah, MICHIGAN!!! GO BLUE!

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Go DOGS!!!! I'm a Cardinals fan myself (leave me alone), but have always respected the Browns. Grew up watching Kosar, Byner, Slaughter, etc.

Two words: Braylon Edwards. And where did he go to school? Oh yeah, MICHIGAN!!! GO BLUE!
No, Braylon didn't go to Michigan. He didn't go to college. I've blocked those years out of my mind. He never wore the maize and blow. I will die believing this. You think I'm joking, but I'm not.

Two more words: Appalacian State.

Aaaaaaaand, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan! We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from O-HI-O!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
No, Braylon didn't go to Michigan. He didn't go to college. I've blocked those years out of my mind. He never wore the maize and blow. I will die believing this. You think I'm joking, but I'm not.

Aaaaaaaand, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan! We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from O-HI-O!!!!!!!!

Calm down and step away from the ledge:rofl:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Actually the Steelers are now terrified since Cleveland has signed Retardo... oops, i mean Ricardo Colcough :lol:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
why would you say that, he wasn't getting the job done, hence his departure.:banned:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
why would you say that, he wasn't getting the job done, hence his departure.:banned:
As a rookie, Ricardo was subpar to say the least. In his second season, I saw him play in a preseason game against the dolphins where he played so poorly that I nicknamed him "Retardo."

What baffles me is that he was absolutely HORRIFIC in all preseason games but seemed to weasle his way onto the roster. Rumor has it that he was nothing short of spectacular in practice, and IMO he was one of Cowher's favorites... which we all have at least one player who was a bust and we couldn't figure out why he was kept around inlcuding the likes of Bobby Shaw, Lee Mays, Kordell Stewart, Chad Scott, Dion Figures to name a few that come to mind immediately.

I digress, after fumbling at least twice on returns during the preseason, Ricardo proceeded to literally FALL on 2 fumbles during that same time period and return a punt for a TD against a 4th string punt coverage unit (the exact opponent slips my mind). Again weasles his way onto the team just in time to fumble away TWO crucial games against Cincy and Atlanta last season.

Finally, let's not forget that Retardo has the most near miss soccer slide tackle attempts in NFL history while playing in the coveted QUARTER defense. Yes he was somewhere around #6 on our defensive backs depth chart BEHIND the ever impressive Tyrone Carter :lol:

Ecto, Mr. Colcough (pronounced Coke-lee) will fit in quite nicely on the Brownies :head:

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
As a rookie, Ricardo was subpar to say the least. In his second season, I saw him play in a preseason game against the dolphins where he played so poorly that I nicknamed him "Retardo."

What baffles me is that he was absolutely HORRIFIC in all preseason games but seemed to weasle his way onto the roster. Rumor has it that he was nothing short of spectacular in practice, and IMO he was one of Cowher's favorites... which we all have at least one player who was a bust and we couldn't figure out why he was kept around inlcuding the likes of Bobby Shaw, Lee Mays, Kordell Stewart, Chad Scott, Dion Figures to name a few that come to mind immediately.

I digress, after fumbling at least twice on returns during the preseason, Ricardo proceeded to literally FALL on 2 fumbles during that same time period and return a punt for a TD against a 4th string punt coverage unit (the exact opponent slips my mind). Again weasles his way onto the team just in time to fumble away TWO crucial games against Cincy and Atlanta last season.

Finally, let's not forget that Retardo has the most near miss soccer slide tackle attempts in NFL history while playing in the coveted QUARTER defense. Yes he was somewhere around #6 on our defensive backs depth chart BEHIND the ever impressive Tyrone Carter :lol:

Ecto, Mr. Colcough (pronounced Coke-lee) will fit in quite nicely on the Brownies :head:
It's not like anybody here is expecty much from Retardo, OK? He's not going to have an impact on the game either way, he's just cover because Gary Baxter is on IR. Retardo will be riding the pine, probably last on the depth chart. Big deal.

I think the Browns could win the game, but I sort of doubt it. If it was at home, I'd pick the Browns. Their last road game was in St. Louis and that's not exactly a stiff test.

My official prediction is that Big Ben has an off day, but the Steelers D holds and Willie Parker does just enough to win the game. 20-17 Steelers.

Though, I really HOPE the Browns win. Should be fun!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My official prediction is that Big Ben has an off day, but the Steelers D holds and Willie Parker does just enough to win the game. 20-17 Steelers.
That's actually a pretty solid analyisis of how the steelers roll. Ben is VERY inconsistant and will throw late across the middle in the red zone. Willie is frequently held in check in the first half while busting a few 20+ yarders in the second half. Don't forget, we also have big play potential with Rossum in the return game.

Although, i do believe the score will end up a bit more lopsided than you suggest. Any team with a banged up offensive line and an inexperienced QB is begging for the stretcher to carry off poor Derek.

PS- Winslow vs. Farrior should be entertaining at least :head:

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
That's actually a pretty solid analyisis of how the steelers roll. Ben is VERY inconsistant and will throw late across the middle in the red zone. Willie is frequently held in check in the first half while busting a few 20+ yarders in the second half. Don't forget, we also have big play potential with Rossum in the return game.

Although, i do believe the score will end up a bit more lopsided than you suggest. Any team with a banged up offensive line and an inexperienced QB is begging for the stretcher to carry off poor Derek.

PS- Winslow vs. Farrior should be entertaining at least :head:
I don't think the Browns O-Line is as banged up as you think. They may have to slide Tucker over to RG, but that's not a big deal because Schaffer is an experienced RT and will slide in there just fine. The left side of the line is where the money is made anyway, both in the run and the pass. I don't see Derek going off on a stretcher. I just see the Steelers getting a key pick, maybe forcing a fumble. Doing some bending but not much breaking. I feel like it's going to be a grind it out game for both sides and there won't be the fireworks that you're hoping for.

Or I could be totally wrong.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The Steelers should take care of business 27-17, that's what I'd bet my money if I were a betting man :)

Good to hear that Hines was a class act. Fvckin Rickey Henderson turned me and my teammate down for an autograph at the Oakland Coliseum (Little League day) when I was 12 and told us leave him alone :(

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Doing some bending but not much breaking.
Also an excellent assessment from the opponent :cheers: We'll definately bend early on in drives but become more stout if the oppent threatens with a few first downs. It's always seemed to me that LeBeau (sp?) tends tighten the corners and bring the blitz more aggressively once the opponent crosses the 50.

Fvckin Rickey Henderson turned me and my teammate down for an autograph at the Oakland Coliseum (Little League day) when I was 12 and told us leave him alone :(
I've heard from others (or maybe I decided so myself when seeing him in an interview) that Ricky was a total prick so don't take it personally. When I was 11 or 12, I met Merril Hoge. I was so excited to talk to him that I walked away without having him sign his football card. He actually REMINDED me that I had the card and then signed it for me.

I also had a positive experience with Louis Lipps and Mike Ditka now that I think about it. UNBELIEVABLY positive experience with Dan Rooney and a lousy experience with Franco Harris.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
The Steelers should take care of business 27-17, that's what I'd bet my money if I were a betting man :)

Good to hear that Hines was a class act. Fvckin Rickey Henderson turned me and my teammate down for an autograph at the Oakland Coliseum (Little League day) when I was 12 and told us leave him alone :(
As we all know, being a great athlelte dosen't make you bright. Rickey Henderson is definitely not a warm and fuzzy guy.

I think the Browns will give the Steelers a good game for most of it but, I agree with your score.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
My hat is off to the Cleavland Browns, they gave my boys all they could handle. But the Steelers showed me a lot of poise in staying into their game plan and that won out in the end.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My hat is off to the Cleavland Browns, they gave my boys all they could handle. But the Steelers showed me a lot of poise in staying into their game plan and that won out in the end.
Agreed with the poise at the end after a dismal start. We'll certainly take the sloppy win.

The Steelers only gave up 160 total yards but still allowed 28 points. YUCK! That's not gonna get us far in the playoffs.

On the Browns side, some nice skill position players. I was impressed at a few catches that Winslow made with Polamalu in coverage. That doesn't happen often. Defense is lacking big time though and might be the only reason the Browns won't squeak into the playoffs.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I think this was one of those must win games that could teach them the value of staying cool in the playoffs. By not going away from their game plan and making big plays when they absolutely had to they showed a lot of clutch ability. It wasn't pretty but I think Cleavland had something to do with it at times.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
By not going away from their game plan
Good point... Parker quitely racked up another 100 yarder even though we were behind. I think that reverse pass that killed our first drive took us a LOOOONG time to get over and get back to a balanced attack.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Also an excellent assessment from the opponent :cheers: We'll definately bend early on in drives but become more stout if the oppent threatens with a few first downs. It's always seemed to me that LeBeau (sp?) tends tighten the corners and bring the blitz more aggressively once the opponent crosses the 50.

I've heard from others (or maybe I decided so myself when seeing him in an interview) that Ricky was a total prick so don't take it personally. When I was 11 or 12, I met Merril Hoge. I was so excited to talk to him that I walked away without having him sign his football card. He actually REMINDED me that I had the card and then signed it for me.

I also had a positive experience with Louis Lipps and Mike Ditka now that I think about it. UNBELIEVABLY positive experience with Dan Rooney and a lousy experience with Franco Harris.
Yeah, I shouldn't have taken it personally but when I was that young I thought it was something I did to piss Rickey off LOL. Me and my buddy spotted him and we quietly left our group and went over where Rickey was doing his little warm-ups and got all stoked. It's the feeling you get when a hot chick rejects you :(

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Good point... Parker quitely racked up another 100 yarder even though we were behind. I think that reverse pass that killed our first drive took us a LOOOONG time to get over and get back to a balanced attack.
I just knew Parker was going to get his yards. Big Ben on the other hand, should NOT have gotten all those yards with his legs! Ugh! He's tough as hell to bring down, but jesus, he literally put the entire team on his back and said, "OK, forget you guys, I'm winning it by myself." Amazing. Derek Anderson lost his accuracy in the second half. I actually disagree with your assessment that the Steelers stuck to their game plan. On the contrary, I think they changed their defensive approach. I don't think they were really worried about the Browns running game, but they realized that their blitzes were not working in the first half. Anderson still had the time he needed and there was less traffic to throw through. But in the second half, the linebackers did a lot more pass coverage and the safeties never blitzed. The result was a pretty clogged up secondary and no open receivers. At the same time, the Steelers D-line was getting a little pressure on their own. Anderson panicked and ended up being totally ineffective in the second half. I think it was a good adjustment by the Steelers.

However, I have a question. What exactly is the rule for holding on a kick/punt return? Because the announcers said it was 10yds from the spot of the foul, which was well in Steelers territory. They're probably wrong, as announcers often are. Because the ball got spotted 29 yards from where Cribbs was tackled. How does a 10 yard penalty turn into a 29 yard penalty? Maybe I've just never paid attention to this in the past, 'cause I don't get it. The ball got spotted on the Browns' 33, which, incidentally is 10 yards back from where he received the ball at his own 43. I used Tivo extensively on this one.

Anyway, I just want to make sure the Browns didn't get f*cked the way the Buckeyes did. Friggin' zebras...

Still a fun game yesterday though. I think you guys worry too much. The Steelers will be just fine. Indy looks vulnerable all of a sudden, so the top 2 AFC teams might be the Godd*mned Patriots (my new official name for them) and the Steelers.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Because the announcers said it was 10yds from the spot of the foul, which was well in Steelers territory. They're probably wrong, as announcers often are. Because the ball got spotted 29 yards from where Cribbs was tackled. How does a 10 yard penalty turn into a 29 yard penalty?

...incidentally is 10 yards back from where he received the ball at his own 43.
I'd say the foul must have occured right where he caught the ball and the announcers weren't sure where the hold occured. OR the officials reported the wrong number which made the announcers look elsewhere. That's my guess.

Although we were vague, I think we were referring to offensive gameplan with balanced playcalling. Us Steeler fans probably take it for granted that LeBeau makes defensive adjustments on a regular basis... sometimes changing ENTIRE schemes. His initial intent was probably to try to rattle a young QB with pressure, which obviously didn't work out. Anderson looks like a solid QB to me. Our defense is REALLY hot right now so have some patience with the kid.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I'd say the foul must have occured right where he caught the ball and the announcers weren't sure where the hold occured. OR the officials reported the wrong number which made the announcers look elsewhere. That's my guess.

Although we were vague, I think we were referring to offensive gameplan with balanced playcalling. Us Steeler fans probably take it for granted that LeBeau makes defensive adjustments on a regular basis... sometimes changing ENTIRE schemes. His initial intent was probably to try to rattle a young QB with pressure, which obviously didn't work out. Anderson looks like a solid QB to me. Our defense is REALLY hot right now so have some patience with the kid.
I've really got to look at the rule book. They called it on 87, Darnell Dinkins. He came into the screen from the right (Steelers side) about 2 seconds after Cribbs got tackled. If the penalty is marked off from the spot of the foul, then the foul would have to be committed on the Browns 43. That's impossible because Cribbs flew past the 43 yard line about half a second after he caught the kick. I don't think there was anybody else in the area. I don't get it.

OK, yeah, the offense kept doing what they were doing. Got to give the Browns secondary some credit for covering receivers late in the game, but that just allowed Ben to rumble his big *ss for first down after first down. Urgh.

Oh well. Steelers are the better team anyway and I'm just glad it was a better Browns performance than Week 1. By the way, how about Braylon Edwards' touchdown catch? Holy moly. Too bad he was well covered otherwise. But if you're only going to make one catch in a game, it doesn't get much better than that!

The rest of the Browns schedule is winnable, so I expect them to finish at least 10-6 overall and 4-2 in the division. When was the last time I could say that with a straight face?

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established

Retarded Ohio State fans. Never fails.

Pretty tough weekend for you hunh? Pittsburgh and Illinois. You still alive?

Also, it's Appalachian State. But I wouldn't expect you to be able to spell that. You guys need more 4 letter words like....Ohio.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Retarded Ohio State fans. Never fails.

Pretty tough weekend for you hunh? Pittsburgh and Illinois. You still alive?

Also, it's Appalachian State. But I wouldn't expect you to be able to spell that. You guys need more 4 letter words like....Ohio.
Wait a second, the guy rooting for the the team with 3 losses is ripping on OSU for 1 loss? Seems fishy to me. You guys just lost to a team that OSU beat, so if anybody had a rough weekend, it's UM fans. Let's not forget that this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for OSU. They've already exceeded expectations. As opposed to UM who have been, oh, what? Disappointing? An utter disaster? A total embarrassment? You guys should have known you were in trouble when your senior QB wasn't even voted by his teammates to be a captain! Henne blows.

At any rate, with OSU-Michigan, the records don't matter and anything can happen. But I fully expect it to be Lloyd Carr's last regular season game as UM coach. Only fitting that it should be a loss to Tressel and the Buckeyes. :thumbsup:

By the way, if you're going to make fun of someone's spelling, you might want to spell check your own post. I'm not sure what the word "hunh" means. I looked it up in the dictionary, but it doesn't seem to be a word at all! :lol:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He11 ya !!!
:trout: :nutkick: :duel: :hammer: :numbered: :run: :gore: :shoot: :saw:

:head: :lol:

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Wait a second, the guy rooting for the the team with 3 losses is ripping on OSU for 1 loss? Seems fishy to me. You guys just lost to a team that OSU beat, so if anybody had a rough weekend, it's UM fans. Let's not forget that this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for OSU. They've already exceeded expectations. As opposed to UM who have been, oh, what? Disappointing? An utter disaster? A total embarrassment? You guys should have known you were in trouble when your senior QB wasn't even voted by his teammates to be a captain! Henne blows.

At any rate, with OSU-Michigan, the records don't matter and anything can happen. But I fully expect it to be Lloyd Carr's last regular season game as UM coach. Only fitting that it should be a loss to Tressel and the Buckeyes. :thumbsup:

By the way, if you're going to make fun of someone's spelling, you might want to spell check your own post. I'm not sure what the word "hunh" means. I looked it up in the dictionary, but it doesn't seem to be a word at all! :lol:

Another one. You guys are like cockroaches.

I'll be the first to admit how horrible Michigan is. And Henne, horrible. Hart is the only thing keeping this team together. Although I will say our defense has greatly improved since the beginning of the season (Now if our offense could spend a little more time on the field, the D could get more of a breather).

Ok and we beat Illinois, what's your point? :confused:

Rebuilding year for OSU? You can't lose Lamar Woodley, Alan Branch, Leon Hall, and Steve Breaston and expect to be dominant.

I hope this is the last year for Carr. :dump:

Misspelling an actual word like Appalachian and misspelling an expression, whatever. My bad, it should have been 'Huh'. I can't believe you took the time to check the grammar in my post and then look it up in the dictionary. :toofunny: :thumbsup:

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Another one. You guys are like cockroaches.

I'll be the first to admit how horrible Michigan is. And Henne, horrible. Hart is the only thing keeping this team together. Although I will say our defense has greatly improved since the beginning of the season (Now if our offense could spend a little more time on the field, the D could get more of a breather).

Ok and we beat Illinois, what's your point? :confused:

Rebuilding year for OSU? You can't lose Lamar Woodley, Alan Branch, Leon Hall, and Steve Breaston and expect to be dominant.

I hope this is the last year for Carr. :dump:

Misspelling an actual word like Appalachian and misspelling an expression, whatever. My bad, it should have been 'Huh'. I can't believe you took the time to check the grammar in my post and then look it up in the dictionary. :toofunny: :thumbsup:
Dude, I was joking about looking it up in the dictionary! It's called sarc... oh, nevermind.

Cry me a river about losing Woodley, Branch, and Hall! Somehow all the "experts" in the country still thought UM was going to be the best in the Big 10 and I'm sure more than a few UM fans bought into that. And while we're on the subject, try losing Ginn, Gonzales, Pittman, Quinn Pitcock, AND Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith! Like I said, OSU was supposed to be rebuilding this year.

I agree with you that Mike Hart is the only thing keeping the team together, but even he is banged up. Other than Hart, the only players worth even talking about on that team are Jake Long and Manningham. On paper and based on performance thus far, OSU is CLEARLY a better team that UM. I'm not silly enough to think that makes it a forgone conclusion that the Buckeyes will win on Saturday because anything is possible in this rivalry. But I hope the Scarlet and Gray win by 3 touchdowns.

And I hope they give Lloyd Carr another contract extension! :twisted: