Yankees

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With all due respect to Red Sox nation, I congratulate you on a victory and another championship. However, as is typical on ESPN the Yankees are bigger news.

Two little tidbits that arose last night.

1. Arod has opted out of his contract, so he is offically gone from NY
2. Joe Girardi is set to be named the new manager of the Yankees

This of course was all sourced by Buster Olney.

As a Yankee fan of almost 30 years (started when I was 3 years old, damn it) I am happy to see ARod take a walk. HE is a hell of a talent, but his lack of presence in October wore on NY fans.

With regard to Girardi, I understand the choice, but am surprised slightly it was not Mattingly. Although, if Girardi bombs he will be easier to get rid of then Donnie baseball, as the fans might revolt if Donnie were to be fired

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
fvck arod............can't play in the postseason for sh!t i'm glad he's leaving.........there is talk of boston getting him, then he can fvck them up in postseason.

I think your right about girardi over mattingly........and they better get some pitchers cause thats what fvcked us this year.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
God I hate the yankees. I hope they return to their early '80's form. :rasp:

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
With all due respect to Red Sox nation, I congratulate you on a victory and another championship. However, as is typical on ESPN the Yankees are bigger news.

As a Yankee fan of almost 30 years (started when I was 3 years old, damn it) I am happy to see ARod take a walk. HE is a hell of a talent, but his lack of presence in October wore on NY fans.

With regard to Girardi, I understand the choice, but am surprised slightly it was not Mattingly. Although, if Girardi bombs he will be easier to get rid of then Donnie baseball, as the fans might revolt if Donnie were to be fired

No it was not bigger news,Arod and his agent are feeling the backlash for pulling that classless stunt..

The Yankees are a team in turmoil right now the Redsox got it going on. The only other comparison i can use is like comparing the Patriots and the Steelers..

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The yankees bigger news huh? My god you're delusional. I must say i'm really enjoying watching the red sox build a dynasty and the yankees are literally falling apart at the seams in every way....

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The yankees bigger news huh? My god you're delusional. I must say i'm really enjoying watching the red sox build a dynasty and the yankees are literally falling apart at the seams in every way....
Relax champ, it only took 80+ years to build 2 championships. when you get close to 26 give me a call.

I agree it was a classless stunt by ARod and am pleased to see him go. Here is my thought: he and Torre to the Dodgers

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fvck arod............can't play in the postseason for sh!t i'm glad he's leaving.........there is talk of boston getting him, then he can fvck them up in postseason.

I think your right about girardi over mattingly........and they better get some pitchers cause thats what fvcked us this year.
They have good young pitching, a solid rotation for next year
1. Wang
2. Pettite (he loves Girardi)
3. Hughes
4. Kennedy
5. Possibly Sanchez of Chamberlain (I hope they build him into a closer)

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Yankees are a team in turmoil right now the Redsox got it going on. The only other comparison i can use is like comparing the Patriots and the Steelers..
not really sure what this means. THe steelers are probably #3 in the NFL right now

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Relax champ, it only took 80+ years to build 2 championships. when you get close to 26 give me a call.

I agree it was a classless stunt by ARod and am pleased to see him go. Here is my thought: he and Torre to the Dodgers
Typical bitter yankee fan, is that all you have to fall back on these days? :rolleyes: It really must be painful to watch the red sox win the world series and a-rod ditch the yanks all in one day......what a shame......

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Typical bitter yankee fan, is that all you have to fall back on these days? :rolleyes: It really must be painful to watch the red sox win the world series and a-rod ditch the yanks all in one day......what a shame......
I guess reading is not a typical part of your behavior. Reread and try again. I am happy to see ARod go.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
not really sure what this means. THe steelers are probably #3 in the NFL right now
Let me splane it to you.

The Yankees are the establishment like the Steelers of years past..The Redsox are the now and next dynasty just like the Patriots..

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess reading is not a typical part of your behavior. Reread and try again. I am happy to see ARod go.
Happy huh......happy to see the best player on your team walk out on you? I'd call that an insult to the yankees organization in general. I'll tell you i was certainly happy to see it because that was the binding holding that team together, and the glue just gave way......

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd save my breath attempting to insult me newb. The majority of your posts are garbage in general.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd save my breath attempting to insult me newb. The majority of your posts are garbage in general.
this is hilarious. Ok "tough guy" have your Red Sox moment, its all good. You guys deserve it after all these years of hard luck, disappointment etc....

With regard to ARod as the glue, I never knew of glue that tore apart at the locker room as is well evidenced over the last 4 years. Is he a great player? no doubt, but lets talk October performances.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is hilarious. Ok "tough guy" have your Red Sox moment, its all good. You guys deserve it after all these years of hard luck, disappointment etc....
Lol, you are a complete joke........ Poor little yankee fan......

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With regard to ARod as the glue, I never knew of glue that tore apart at the locker room as is well evidenced over the last 4 years. Is he a great player? no doubt, but lets talk October performances.
You know what the yankees problem was.....too many chiefs and not enough indians. They all wanted to be stars and none of them understand what teamwork is. If you want to solely blame a-rod for their collapse that's just laughable. It all starts with your leadership.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know what the yankees problem was.....too many chiefs and not enough indians. They all wanted to be stars and none of them understand what teamwork is. If you want to solely blame a-rod for their collapse that's just laughable. It all starts with your leadership.
I dont disagree, hence the rationale for not being upset about his departure

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I would love to see them lose Posada and Mariano. That would just be icing on the cake.

N

Niko

Board Supporter
Awards
I've been a Yankee fan since I was kid. With that said, I am glad Lowell won the Series MVP. It's fitting. For all his talent, A-Rod, the greedy pr!ck, won't come close to sniffing that honor. He is an arrogant, attention whore who will be happy playing for a non contender as long as he gets the cash and puts up numbers during the regular season. He has the potential to finish his career with 800+ home runs but I hope he is remembered instead as the biggest choke artist in baseball history.

CHA0S

CHA0S

Awards
  • Established
i bet Johnny Damon feels like crap thinking the Yankees had a better shot to win the world series than the Red Sox did.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
that is very true........and boston deserved the world series they played for it and won it.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
that is very true........and boston deserved the world series they played for it and won it.
The Red Sox did their job this year and their World Series Championship is well deserved. However, before you proclaim them a dynasty let them get to consecutive World Series first. Also the Yankees have been in this situation before but most of you are too young to remember it with any clarity. If you think things won't change quickly, you better go and check history.

:bruce3:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Red Sox did their job this year and their World Series Championship is well deserved. However, before you proclaim them a dynasty let them get to consecutive World Series first. Also the Yankees have been in this situation before but most of you are too young to remember it with any clarity. If you think things won't change quickly, you better go and check history.

I'd say 2 out of 4 is well on the way to a dynasty. Especially considering the sox have a team that will be in contention for many years to come. Don't look back into history too much because reality can be very humbling.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say 2 out of 4 is well on the way to a dynasty. Especially considering the sox have a team that will be in contention for many years to come. Don't look back into history too much because reality can be very humbling.
During the Steinbrenner years these situations have a tendency to change awfully fast. With that said, keep in mind they will be ayounger team next year and well on their way. I think with Girardi it might take 2 years for a year success but I think it is more than possible.

Regarding the Sox, they are relatively young, Beckett is the best starter in the league and DiceK could get better. Pappelbon is an all star so they are good where it counts. Just goes to show that in this day and age a closer might be the most important position to fill. LEts hope the Yankees realize this and sign Joba up plong term and let him stay where he belongs, in the pen

raider1

raider1

Awards
Life long Sox fan and sufferer...LOL... So these last 2 world championships have eased the pain and misery somewhat .. The Sox to me now are a team built from the ground up to win.. as long as we keep this type of ownership and organization .. we should see a few more of these trophies hoisted.. I think the Yankees now see this formula as the way to win now.. hence the letting go of Torre and the possible exodus of the current free agents .. they are now starting to build and support the young talent and now the sense in trying to sign QUALITY free agents .. So for now the SOX are the cream of the crop in the division ...
ENJOY RED SOX NATION..
WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS !!! :woohoo:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
As a Red Sox Fan you obviously know that well. I can look back into history and count at least 1 title if not multiple titles in every decade since 1920 except the 80's, can you? That being said, I congratulate the Red Sox on a job well done

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just with an update, Girardi is in according to ESPN, also Torre looks to be heading to the Dodgers with Grady Little being fired. How funny would it be to see ARod go to LA as well

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a Red Sox Fan you obviously know that well. I can look back into history and count at least 1 title if not multiple titles in every decade since 1920 except the 80's, can you? That being said, I congratulate the Red Sox on a job well done

I know it must be hard to see the red sox being the better team :rolleyes: I have endured many heartbreaks with the sox over the years. I've not doubted the great yankee teams of the past. They certainly did have some good years, but not in this decade. We're not living in the past we're living in the now. The red sox are a better team in every aspect of the game right now, and as a result they are world champions in 2 of the last 4 world series....in which they swept both. I wouldn't be too cocky about all the great yankee teams of the past, because before you know it we could be 20 years from now and the sox will be closing the gap on world championships. With that, I congratulate the red sox on another remarkable season.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know it must be hard to see the red sox being the better team :rolleyes: I have endured many heartbreaks with the sox over the years. I've not doubted the great yankee teams of the past. They certainly did have some good years, but not in this decade. We're not living in the past we're living in the now. The red sox are a better team in every aspect of the game right now, and as a result they are world champions in 2 of the last 4 world series....in which they swept both. I wouldn't be too cocky about all the great yankee teams of the past, because before you know it we could be 20 years from now and the sox will be closing the gap on world championships. With that, I congratulate the red sox on another remarkable season.
Its funny for the what have you done for me lately Yankees fans to all of a sudden live in the past since thats the only time that makes them happy fans. :toofunny:

NY on their caps has come to mean Next Year.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I am not trying to take anything away from what they have have accomplished but, As I said before, lets see them get to consecutive World Series first. When was the last time that happened?

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its funny for the what have you done for me lately Yankees fans to all of a sudden live in the past since thats the only time that makes them happy fans. :toofunny:

NY on their caps has come to mean Next Year.
it is so funny to read you and trauma. it is almost as if there are 26 championships in your history.

no one takes away the dominance of the Sox last two titles, but it is just two.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it is so funny to read you and trauma. it is almost as if there are 26 championships in your history.

no one takes away the dominance of the Sox last two titles, but it is just two.
No other team has a worse championship per dollar spent ratio since 2000. So that means they are the worst team for the money in the history of pro sports year after year.

Next Year!

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No other team has a worse championship per dollar spent ratio since 2000. So that means they are the worst team for the money in the history of pro sports year after year.

Next Year!

all yankee haters unite. that sounds like sound logic :wtf:

we will talk when you approach 26 championships

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Next Year!
Arguing with bitter yankee fans is pointless. They have no argument period. Their team has fallen apart and the sox are the best team in baseball....enough said. Now i'm done in this yankee thread because they're yesterdays news.....back to my thread of the current champion BOSTON RED SOX!!!

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Arguing with bitter yankee fans is pointless. They have no argument period. Their team has fallen apart and the sox are the best team in baseball....enough said. Now i'm done in this yankee thread because they're yesterdays news.....back to my thread of the current champion BOSTON RED SOX!!!
I agree. How appropriate to let them live in the past since they are yesterdays news. :nutkick:

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for guys not wanting to post in the yankees thread, you are certainly doing an awful lot of it

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
all yankee haters unite. that sounds like sound logic :wtf:

we will talk when you approach 26 championships
Thats such BS. You know you can't compete in todays game, so you deflect to the past. Well, I hope your memory's good cause NY won't be winning for a while.

:)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats such BS. You know you can't compete in todays game, so you deflect to the past. Well, I hope your memory's good cause NY won't be winning for a while.

Great post! I couldn't agree more. The red sox win a title and all of a sudden every pissed off yankee fan has to bring up the past to justify what exactly? That they HAD good teams in the past. That's noted they most certainly did, but face reality gentlemen the sox have built a team that will dominate the al east for many years to come and they most certainly HAVE and will continue to have the better team. If you want to be bitter about it that's too bad because at the rate the yankees are going it's going to be a long time before they see another world series title......

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The curse of the Bambino was broken when ARod went to the Yankees in 2004 and the Red Sox won the WS that year. Since they Red Sox 2, Yankees 0. I think Arod reversed the curse and its on the Yankees for the next 100 years. Its going to be so great to see Yankees fans miserable for generations :nutkick:

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

wow!!!! you really got me here. I will grant you, yes the Red Sox won THIS YEAR, and they deserved it 100%. However keep in mind they are not much different from the yankees. Their big players are all bought and traded for. Very few are homegrown talent.

In terms of the Yankees not winning for a while, I am impressed that Nostradamus as joined us here at AM.com