Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The sox are on fire right now and nobody can stop them.......Sox in 5 games

Lightning

Awards
If there is a God, please let it be the Rockies.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
RED SOX!!!!!! we're gonna sweep em' like the dirty hoes they are.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Sox in 6. I wouldn't mind seeing the Rocks continue their streak. Should be a good series for any baseball fan.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Well I meant to vote for the Sox but hit the Rockies instead. But thats ok, since thats who I want to win. I just think the Sox are good enough to end the magical rockies season.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
c'mon, HYPEdaddy! You know you love the great American passtime!!!...
since my beloved Indians are out of the race, i have no love.......:sad: GO BROWNS! :toofunny:

YES, i am one of those sad, pathetic Cleveland-area natives that roots for my Cleveland teams and am completely and utterly disappointed EVERY SINGLE FUKCING YEAR! :jaw:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
since my beloved Indians are out of the race, i have no love.......:sad: GO BROWNS! :toofunny:

YES, i am one of those sad, pathetic Cleveland-area natives that roots for my Cleveland teams and am completely and utterly disappointed EVERY SINGLE FUKCING YEAR! :jaw:
I hear ya my brotha.....the sox have broken my heart alot more than the good times. That was a great series with cleveland this year. They'll be back in the ALCS you can bet on that.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Call it the curse of the third base umpire..I wonder if Lofton scores there and tied the game how that would have changed the outcome if at all..

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Call it the curse of the third base umpire..I wonder if Lofton scores there and tied the game how that would have changed the outcome if at all..
True, i'm not sure it would have changed the outcome, but you never know i guess....

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Rockies - won 21 of their last 22 games
Red Sox - won 13 of their last 22 games

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Plus the fact that he was safe at second in the first inning!:frustrate

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Plus the fact that he was safe at second in the first inning!:frustrate
Shoulda, woulda, coulda

Actually, I like the tribe more after they beat the yankee's. Anyone who beat the Stankees gets a big :thumbsup:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established

Yeah...that's tough! I must say that Cleveland fans are one-of-a-kind. That is one great sports town, in spite of the recent occurences. In truth, though, and as bad as it seems, the fact that you beat the Bengals already should be enough to call it a winning season... :thmbsup:

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
RED SOX!!!!!! we're gonna sweep em' like the dirty hoes they are.
How quickly you guys forget June when we won on your turf, 2 outta 3 times...

I'm an X-NH boy too, Rockies are just kicking ass this year.

X

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

X
I never said they didn't. I betcha it doesn't happen again ;)

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

X
Once again the Yankees beat the Indians 6-0 in the regular season and look what happened..Baseball in June is nothing like baseball in October..

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Once again the Yankees beat the Indians 6-0 in the regular season and look what happened..Baseball in June is nothing like baseball in October..
And the Rockies swept the Yankees too...

We will see what happens tonight.

Game on!

X

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
If you break it down, it's hard see the Sox not getting to 3 wins before game 5, and thus 6/7 at home are all but formalities.

Buzzsaw Beckett will start 3 games, win them all by most accounts, but we'll assume he wins his first two (Games 1, 4)

Shilling will win either Gm2 or 5, perhaps both. And Francona will baby DiceK an get him out after 4 solid innings if Shilling doesn't drop the ball and result in the bullpen saving his ass.

Red Sox in Six.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Buzzsaw Beckett will start 3 games, win them all by most accounts, but we'll assume he wins his first two (Games 1, 4)

Red Sox in Six.
beckett may not be as successful pitching at altitude.
good pitchers seem to become average 1 mile high.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
beckett may not be as successful pitching at altitude.
good pitchers seem to become average 1 mile high.
I think Schilling will have a problem just moving around up here...

:run:

X

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Schilling will have a problem just moving around up here...

X
I think you greatly underestimate curt schilling. Remember the circumstance with the bloody sock? The fact is between beckett and schilling there is more pitching playoff experience/success than the rockies can imagine or handle. Enough said........

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
8-1 sox in 5th :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Doh!

Spoke to soon...

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
13-1 :bow28:

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Hope you guys remain this civil the rest of the series, It's not gonna happen again.

X

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you guys remain this civil the rest of the series, It's not gonna happen again.

X
Yeah......Right bro......Please, no offense to the rockies as they deserve to be in the world series for what they have done, but again they're now playing a caliber of team that FAR surpasses what they've faced in the post season so far. Again sox in 5 games......

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well it was an impressive win but it only counts as 1 with 3 to go.Schilling needs to win tonight to force the series back to Boston because we will have a tough time in Denver..The Redsox line up is not like Arizona who had Tony Clark as a clean up hitter he was a bench player for the Sox..

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the yanks arent in it, it is a worthless series. Bring on Girardi or Mattingly damn it

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Schilling will most likely get lit up tonight. His fastball is flat, and his velocity is mediocre at best. What was once a dominating fastball, now could barely puff your lip if it hit you in the mouth.

If his split finger is not diving down in the zone effectively, this could be a long night for the sox...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
If the yanks arent in it, it is a worthless series. Bring on Girardi or Mattingly damn it

Yankees are terrible, and Girardi nor Mattingly will do any better than Torre. He was a class act did not disserve to be treated like that.

Everyone must remember that the players play, not the coaches.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Schilling will most likely get lit up tonight. His fastball is flat, and his velocity is mediocre at best. What was once a dominating fastball, now could barely puff your lip if it hit you in the mouth.

If his split finger is not diving down in the zone effectively, this could be a long night for the sox...
Ya but he is 10-2 in the playoffs, the only post season experience Umeniz has is watching the World series last year..

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
a majority of those wins were had win he still threw mid to high 90's with the D-Backs and Phillies as well I believe...

As far as Umeniz goes, sometimes being dumb and young is a good thing. They don't seem to realize the magnitude of the games they are playing in.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
okagemia is money!!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Trauma1 Sports Talk 497
anabolicrhino Sports Talk 0
OCCFan023 MLB 29
MaDmaN Sports Talk 32