Miami Hurricanes are, at best, 6-6 this year.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I thought 9-3 - but good Lord, I didn't see 6-6. I'll admit I thought the new head coach/staff could motivate the unmotivateable (aka Larry Coker tenured players).

Obviously, that isn't happening. The OL is fat, soft, and just not good. The WR's are mostly bad to awful. The RB's are good - but a bad OL leaves them little room to run.
I'm not sure we have a TE.

The QB position is a shining example of just how far Larry Coker led Miami to the bottom. Kyle Wright - best QB Pete Carroll said he'd seen in HS - continues to make the wrong read, tucks the ball early when the pocket breaks down (limiting downfield opportunities), and forces the ball into spaces where there really isn't room.

Mind boggling this 5* kid has come here and regressed over his first start (250 yards against FSU in '05).

The DL is inconsistent, at best. The DT position is down to 3 scholarship guys that have ever played a down of CFB.
The LB position is now down to 4 - one is a true frosh who weights 280 lbs(!!!).
We've had so many recruiting misses on those 2 crucial positions it isn't funny - Willie Williams anyone?

Our secondary is so bad we have a true freshman that has started every game this year - DeMarcus Van Dyke.
He's been the most steady of the CB's.
Our strong safety went out in the pre-season (Anthony Reddick) and we might as well have me back there next to Kenny Phillips. We continue to get burned by the other safety. OU hit 3 TD's on us to that side (away from Phillips).

I'm staring at a near entire roster overhaul of barely 1-A players. Jesus.

I thought we could make a run in '09 (certainly not next year - we'll be really young) - but now I'm not so sure. Not sure how long this Coker mentality takes to leave the program.

The Miami Hurricanes - '01 Champs to '06/'07 chumps.
:wtf:

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I thought 9-3 - but good Lord, I didn't see 6-6. I'll admit I thought the new head coach/staff could motivate the unmotivateable (aka Larry Coker tenured players).

Obviously, that isn't happening. The OL is fat, soft, and just not good. The WR's are mostly bad to awful. The RB's are good - but a bad OL leaves them little room to run.
I'm not sure we have a TE.

The QB position is a shining example of just how far Larry Coker led Miami to the bottom. Kyle Wright - best QB Pete Carroll said he'd seen in HS - continues to make the wrong read, tucks the ball early when the pocket breaks down (limiting downfield opportunities), and forces the ball into spaces where there really isn't room.

Mind boggling this 5* kid has come here and regressed over his first start (250 yards against FSU in '05).

The DL is inconsistent, at best. The DT position is down to 3 scholarship guys that have ever played a down of CFB.
The LB position is now down to 4 - one is a true frosh who weights 280 lbs(!!!).
We've had so many recruiting misses on those 2 crucial positions it isn't funny - Willie Williams anyone?

Our secondary is so bad we have a true freshman that has started every game this year - DeMarcus Van Dyke.
He's been the most steady of the CB's.
Our strong safety went out in the pre-season (Anthony Reddick) and we might as well have me back there next to Kenny Phillips. We continue to get burned by the other safety. OU hit 3 TD's on us to that side (away from Phillips).

I'm staring at a near entire roster overhaul of barely 1-A players. Jesus.

I thought we could make a run in '09 (certainly not next year - we'll be really young) - but now I'm not so sure. Not sure how long this Coker mentality takes to leave the program.

The Miami Hurricanes - '01 Champs to '06/'07 chumps.
:wtf:

College football is crazy this year. As far as your 'Canes, I'm not betting on them, or their games for that matter, the rest of the year. They aren't very consistent...but who really is?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'd pick them over my Huskers this year if it makes you feel any better.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think this is some evidence about increasing parity in college ball. Most people wouldn't expect to see USF go as high as #2 and BC at #3. I honestly didn't think Cal would reach #2 at any point this year but they did. Don't look now but Arizona St. has quietly snuck into the top 10 and I didn't see this coming either. It's a lot more difficult to maintain a program at the top as opposed to 10+ years ago.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hell - if we only get one more win and still beat FSU - it's all good.

:cheers:

Kris - 37-29. :bb2:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
We are officially at rock bottom as a football team.

Miami got plastered 48 to zip against Virginia (VIRGINIA!!!!!) in the last UM game in the Orange Bowl.
O RLY?

I'm not sure what to think about the players and the relationship with Randy Shannon (head coach). I'm not sure if he's run what are some pretty bad players into the ground (along the lines of - you can't beat a dead horse). Or if these guys were pretty much Cokerized by the previous head coach - and can't be convinced to buy into the new system/coach.

We'll end up losing to Virginia Tech and Boston College - to go 5-7.
Yeah - beating FSU was nice. But - it really didn't mean a whole helluva lot.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I feel some of that pain dude, we got punked by USC 24-17 ! Fvckin lost 4 of our last 5 ! So much for the hype that was built up at Bezerkely. 6-4 means we will end up in the Sun Bowl or some other irrelevant bowl :(

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Cheer up jmh, you could be an Ohio State fan. :lol: