Wow - Michigan does have a defense

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Just beat #10 Penn St at home 14-9.

Hmmm - wonder what the rest of the Big 10 schedule holds...
:think:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I don't think so, though I only so a fraction of the game and haven't read, don't care, to look at the stats.

I'll go out on a fairly sure limb and say that Michigan Owns the Nits, like 9 wins in a row, because, as usual, their DL pressured Penn's QB into bad throws and stuffed Penn's inside run game.

Michigan has talent and aggressiveness in their DTs and DE's, less so in their LB's who are usually lost when someone breaks interior contain and their DBs are atrocious, once they play a team with an OL that can hold up, and a QB that can roll the pocket and/or receivers that won't get bumped off their routes, it will be Oregon once again. It won't take a "spread" offense to blow holes in that D.

The question is who in the B10 can exploit Michigan's weaknesses behind and around their D Line.

Penn State at #10 was crazytalk, they played no one, like Notre Dame and whoever else of no consequence.

The B10 is not, IMO, as bad as the average viewer and commentators likes to say, but it's got a lot of freshmen talent operating under archaic coaching and player development.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - Morelli had a pretty bad game from what I saw.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I loved every minute of that game!! The week before, when they beat ND was a bitter sweet win for me & I didn't get too excited - ND brings teh suck.. Beating Jopa was nice, but it's expected now. Even if they were ranked 10. This week, we should get another win. It'll be interesting to see them travel up to East Lansing Nov 3rd to play the Spartans & both teams are undefeated in the B10.

oh, and I don't care if this is Henne's last year - I think Mallett's playing better & it looks like his team is playing better under his Freshman leadership.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Could this be the year Michigan St. puts the hurt on the Wolverines ?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Penn St. looks like a paper lion so maybe the Wolverines victory loses a little bit of its shine ? I want to see that Michigan-Michigan St. game this year. That's gonna be a good one.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Penn St. looks like a paper lion so maybe the Wolverines victory loses a little bit of its shine ? I want to see that Michigan-Michigan St. game this year. That's gonna be a good one.
:goodpost: indeed.