Florida Gator Fans!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, it's time for a gator thread. I'd like to have a great discussion regarding the gators this season. I myself went to the game this week and will be at the tennessee game for week 3. Tebow looked good along with the offense this week.....and yes western kentucky stinks, but them gators are gonna do just fine this year boys!!!.......GO GATORS!!!!!!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
gators suck

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dude i had a mohawk....i shaved it off today though:sad:
Biotch you should have dyed that baby ORANGE AND BLUE!!!:thumbsup:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Biotch you should have dyed that baby ORANGE AND BLUE!!!:thumbsup:
dude it looked so fukcin sick.........i was lovin it

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gators are my team babayyyy!!! Lets hope they rock it this year!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You can't draw many conclusions from WKU. Sorry.

We'll see about Tebow in pressure situations with a real pass rush coming at him and a good secondary.

I don't think Tennessee matches up well. They did surprise me at the Swamp in 2001 thought. So - I wouldn't count the Vols out.

LSU presents a major challenge. Game is at Baton Rouge. They will probably have their early season loss out of the way. So - Boobie Miles can turn the horses loose.

Not sure what the Noles hold for the Thanksgiving game. We'll see on Monday night.

All in all - I think you guys lost way too much on defense to contend for a national title.
And Teebow will go through a learning curve. The jump pass and the runs last year don't prepare you to be an every down QB.

Finally - can not wait for 9/6/08. I'll be at the Swamp for Miami - Florida.
(Mom works for some grad office at UF and my brother has a part time job on campus. I told him I'd disown him if he starts rooting for the Gates. He still has a small U on his bumper.)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can't draw many conclusions from WKU. Sorry.

We'll see about Tebow in pressure situations with a real pass rush coming at him and a good secondary.

I don't think Tennessee matches up well. They did surprise me at the Swamp in 2001 thought. So - I wouldn't count the Vols out.

LSU presents a major challenge. Game is at Baton Rouge. They will probably have their early season loss out of the way. So - Boobie Miles can turn the horses loose.

Not sure what the Noles hold for the Thanksgiving game. We'll see on Monday night.

All in all - I think you guys lost way too much on defense to contend for a national title.
And Teebow will go through a learning curve. The jump pass and the runs last year don't prepare you to be an every down QB.

Finally - can not wait for 9/6/08. I'll be at the Swamp for Miami - Florida.
(Mom works for some grad office at UF and my brother has a part time job on campus. I told him I'd disown him if he starts rooting for the Gates. He still has a small U on his bumper.)
Hey bud 9/6/08 you can bet i'll be there!!..... You always seem to have such a hate for the gators in all your posts....is it because they have been better than miami in recent years? Luckily i have many friends that work in the gator organization myself that will hook the wife and I up. I'm not saying the gators are going to win the national championship this year...... as their defense has taken a hit this year no doubt. I can tell you that a year from now they will be a much improved team and will contend for the national title no doubt......so when we're both at the miami/florida game next year and the gators spank miami in the swamp, we'll have some good old stories to tell....like it's GREAT..... TO BE....A FLORIDA GATOR.....:duel: :hammer: :cheers:

Last edited:
jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've hated the Gators back when we were winning national titles and you guys were just playing for the SEC East.

Mainly because I'm of the opinion all 3 FLA schools should play each other every year.
That's only happened (in the regular season) twice since 1987 (2002/2003).

I respect the Noles though. They've at least played us every year.

When you look at the results from Miami-FLA - we played every year since the 30's until '87. Just retarded.

There is really no other reason to hate the Gators. You guys haven't beaten us since 1985.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've hated the Gators back when we were winning national titles and you guys were just playing for the SEC East.

Mainly because I'm of the opinion all 3 FLA schools should play each other every year.
That's only happened (in the regular season) twice since 1987 (2002/2003).

I respect the Noles though. They've at least played us every year.

When you look at the results from Miami-FLA - we played every year since the 30's until '87. Just retarded.

There is really no other reason to hate the Gators. You guys haven't beaten us since 1985.

I agree with you that the florida schools should play each other every year. I myself can't stand miami because i personally think they are a bunch of thugs. Even though i can't stand them, i still respect fsu and miami.

You would have to agree though that florida agrueably had the hardest schedule in college football last year and still went the distance.

I think in 2008 you guys are going to have your hands full in gainesville, and i honestly expect the gators to be very fine tuned by then and lay a whoopin on miami:thumbsup: .....but we shall see.:duel:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I picked you guys to beat the Bucks and win the title. I won't deny that the Gates put on a show last year.

As far as thugs go - I'd suggest you hang around your pious Gator players before throwing stones.

I lived in the athletic dorm at an SEC school (not FLA) long enough to know football players at top 25 teams aren't Wally Cleaver.
Typically, 4.0 gpa guys can't read a cover 2 defense.

As far as '08 goes - we'll see. You guys will be the favorite - no doubt.
Not sure Meyer will still be around. I expect him to go to the NFL at some point in the next 3 to 4 years.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen Gators52 on AM in a while. Not sure he's even around.

Are there any other Gator fans even left?? I remember them coming out of the wood work last year.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Are there any other Gator fans even left?? I remember them coming out of the wood work last year.
Hell yea im here!!! Been a gator since i can remember even holding a football!! :head: :dance:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

Gator fan here. Not all football fans wear our feelings on our sleeves or in our sigs ;)

CROWLER

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Well - then you aren't much of a fan, now are you Crow!!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
lol I just never understood the whole rah rah thing with paying good money for a shirt with someone elses name on it etc. I spend so freaking much money on triathlon stuff I got save up somewhere :)

I am a big fan of Tiger Woods, Mark Allen(triathlons), Agassi (tennis) and on and on, if I included all that info in my sig how could I pimp my sups lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are definately moron fans all around, but my own personal experience with miami fans hasn't been good.

I'm actually really looking forward to miami/florida next year it's going to be a good game. This year i can't wait till the 15th when we play tennessee......imho their fans are the biggest a$$holes....my wife had a grown man(tennessee fan) spit at her during a game when she attended UF.

So when we whoop tennesse's @ss again it will be nice to be at the game.....i'm just glad it won't be a 12:30 game again......talk about being miserably hot and humid in the swamp this past saturday.....

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I hate those fans who won't volunteer their secret allegiances, don't you, jmh?

I secretly hate Auburn, because they had the weakest offense of any of the SEC teams I saw this weekend. Good D will win out in the B10 and P10, but everyone in the SEC can play good to great D, don't mean nutin'.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ain't no secret nothing here, bro.

About to drop an article you need to read.

lazerss9

Awards
GO GATORS!!!

at UF now and will be going to all the home games. i wasn't expecting too much this season, but we didn't look too shabby against WKU, but i guess we'll see how we do against the decent SEC teams. i would bet a large amount of money that we'll be in the top 5 all of next season('08), and will DOMINATE miami. but this season, i think FSU will be a cake walk for our 2nd string with how horrible their OL is, especially since its a home game. i think UF could end up in the rose bowl this year, but the championship game would be surprising...

it is definitely GREAT...TO BE...A FLORIDA GATOR!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While i wasn't able to actually watch the game today i followed it on my computer at work.....We played pretty well overall, but the second half stall is a little worrisome in ways. Our defense is young and has some holes.....this will surely be tested next week when tennessee visits. If we can get the defense to hold their own with some consistency d'em gators are gonna do just fine.:thumbsup:

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
I think Tebow will be a beast, but this year UF will fall in Baton Rouge!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Tebow will be a beast, but this year UF will fall in Baton Rouge!
We'll see, i wouldn't count the gators out yet.....remember how everyone underestimated UF last year... and we all know what happened. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All i will say is i had the pleasure of being in gainseville today for the absolute WHOOPIN the gators laid on tennessee 59-20. I think the whole tebow can't throw fallicy is out the window now as he continues to look better each week. Hell the gators made tennessee look like they shouldn't have even been on the same field today. Florida looked great all around, on offense, on defense, and on special teams.........IT'S GREAT....TO BE......A FLORIDA GATOR......YES IT'S GREAT.......TO BE....A FLORIDA GATOR......YES IT'S GREAT.......TO BE....A FLORIDA GATOR!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:goodpost:
what he said....
Dorsey & the boys will be ready for FL..:whip:
They better be, because you can bet florida will be.......:bruce2: :hammer:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bump....:lol:
:FUfinger: Gators had that game won.......but it was a good game overall and one of the best i've watched in a long time. Lsu played better in the end......with alot of luck to go along with it ;). Turnovers will kill ya and they killed us tonight.....:frustrate This florida team is very young on defense and will only get better in the years to come......GO GATORS!!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The Tebow INT changed the outcome of that game.

Had that not been picked off - the fork was already in LSU.

Great game to watch though.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Also - interesting race for the SEC East. Tenn/SCarolina/Kentucky all have 1 loss. Whoever goes through the other 2 teams without a loss is going to Atlanta.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Tebow INT changed the outcome of that game.

Had that not been picked off - the fork was already in LSU.

Great game to watch though.
Agreed :frustrate

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Florida is getting hosed in the polls, losing by three points in Death Valley on gutsy calls that could easily gone the other way does not mean that the 13 and 14 teams ranked above them could beat them on a neutral field.

I would'nt bet against the Gators versus any of those teams, they considerably out athleted and generally out played LSU last night to within inches of victory, a few stops short.

But, that's the system, you lose, you fall, and it's a flawed one.

Great game, hope we get to see the rematch.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Early and pre-season polls are so stupid.

I think like 4 of the pre-season top 10 are still in the top 10.

Yeah - really good.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm looking at last week's polls, UF at #13 and 14. When does the AP and Coaches come out?

If I'm a week off, they'll probably be even lower on this one, more to my point, Florida is currently one of the best 5 teams, IMO. That team has some athletes, no way Auburn should have beat them, but don't take that as a complaint. :head:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Florida certainly is a hell of alot better than their record dictates. They truly are going to be a powerhouse next year. Hey if they win out and somehow get to and win the sec champ game, who knows what will happen at that point. There is no question in my mind that when the gators play solid ball they are as good as ANYONE in college football right now imho.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You are looking at the right polls, RD.

BTW - just wanted to add that the Miami Hurricanes have some really, really, really stupid fans.
:rant:
There is a firerandyshannon.com site. :wtf: