Biggest Upset in CFB History! Appalachin St beats Michigan at home!

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ESPN.com - NCF - Boxscore

Yeah - this Lloyd Carr guy is a good coach.

Oh - and the Big 10 just needs to secede from the BCS after this.
The Big Ten will have a down year for sure, but that's ok because michigan just suffered the most humiliating loss in college football history. Appalachian State to the wolverqueens:trout: :nutkick:

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
if therre was a ever a div 1 aa team to lose to though id rather lose to the 2 time defending national champ

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if therre was a ever a div 1 aa team to lose to though id rather lose to the 2 time defending national champ
True and from what I heard those kids were not intimidated to play michigan, but michigan has some of the most highly touted talent in America and Appalacian State is comprised of kids that were not recruited by Division I schools. No way should michigan lose to those guys, but I love it that they did. My only fear is that this may be the catalyst for lloyd carr getting fired at seasons end, and I don't want that to happen he is my favorite wolverine ever.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
This wouldn't be such a big deal if a mediocre team lost to Appalachian St. but if you're the #5 team in D 1 A then you shouldn't lose to a D 1 AA team at home on the season opener. This is a huge letdown and the Wolverines need to snap out of it and realize they still have 10-11 games to play.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
As an Ohio State fan, this loss makes me want to puke. It embarasses the Big 10, it minimizes this year's GAME, it makes a potential loss to UM that much worse, and it may lead to the demise of Carr. I laughed mao when I heard the news yesterday afternoon, but today I am just disgusted by the whole thing.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
lol at everyteam that loses to Michigan this yr will be known as the team that lost to the team that got beat by a 1-aa team

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
After thinking more about Carr - I really think that he'll have to lose big to the Bucks to get serious consideration about being fired.

That would seem to be a good possibility at this point.
They have SERIOUS holes on D. They had big holes last year - but much worse this year.

Mich and ND play in 2 weeks on primetime. That will be one PATHETIC game.
ND looks like a high school team on offense.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As an Ohio State fan, this loss makes me want to puke. It embarasses the Big 10, it minimizes this year's GAME, it makes a potential loss to UM that much worse, and it may lead to the demise of Carr. I laughed mao when I heard the news yesterday afternoon, but today I am just disgusted by the whole thing.
I really try to root for Big Ten teams when they play out of conference games or bowl games.I cannot bring myself to root for michigan in anyway shape or form in spite of how sick I am of hearing how inferior Big Ten football is. Osu could have put that sh!t to rest by beating Florida and winning a second National Championship in 5 years and 4th BCS bowl game in 5 years but because of how awful they played I have to hear that crap all the time.Even so I love meatchicken losing to Appalacian State it was wonderful and I am going to destroy every loser I know who lives in the great state of Ohio and is a michigan fan.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Yep. Our O line was practically non-existent. Definitely a LOT of work left to do. I hope at least they can give one of the QBs the opportunity to get a couple of plays off. Hell, we couldn't pass, run, or anything. The line of scrimmage kept moving the wrong way. Anyhow, congrats to GT for one helluva head bashing. But I have to admit, our defense is 10X better than last year. But during the 3rd quarter, you couldn't tell. They had been on the field for long enuff to make Lance Armstrong tired. Fkuc it. We lost. Got our @sses handed to us. Isn't the first, won't be the last. Again, hats off to GT. We really need that Michigan W now. Thanks Carr. :rasp: So J, whats your opinion on OU Saturday?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yep. Our O line was practically non-existent. Definitely a LOT of work left to do. I hope at least they can give one of the QBs the opportunity to get a couple of plays off. Hell, we couldn't pass, run, or anything. The line of scrimmage kept moving the wrong way. Anyhow, congrats to GT for one helluva head bashing. But I have to admit, our defense is 10X better than last year. But during the 3rd quarter, you couldn't tell. They had been on the field for long enuff to make Lance Armstrong tired. Fkuc it. We lost. Got our @sses handed to us. Isn't the first, won't be the last. Again, hats off to GT. We really need that Michigan W now. Thanks Carr. :rasp: So J, whats your opinion on OU Saturday?
Will be a bad, bad year for ND.

I think the game sets up well for Miami. Hostile crowd, 10 point underdogs, Corso picking OU. And they have a new QB starting.
They have A LOT of confidence after putting up 79 points on a high school team (North Texas).

I see our front 7 giving Bradford a lot of trouble. I think they can get some good runs. I'm not sold on them getting many passing yards. Hard to pass with 6'8" "Big Show" Calais Campbell in your face...

Our passing game looks pretty bad. Running game pretty good.

I think both teams are pretty similar at this point in the season. Good D's and running games - suspect passing games.

The x factor will be turnovers and special teams. Someone will make a big play that will turn the game.

I see a very close game - something like 17-13.

We have a good chance to win. Not sure if I see it though.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think the Canes can win but they'll probably need a defensive TD and great support from the special teams. Kirby Freeman has a long way to go.

What happened with Kyle Wright ? Is he in the dog house ? He's a local Bay Area kid and everyone was high on him out of high school.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Michigan is ****ing Pitiful.

Stuck in a 70's time warp of recruiting slow mass versus smaller speed to fit a scheme that's based on having superior athletes who will execute more efficently.

The problem is that their athletes are not superior to other top teams, they don't execute any better, add an almost total lack of innovation in their gameplan and virtually no killer attitude outside of Mike Hart, Pitiful.

It's 100% on Carr and the AD who keeps him in power.

Carr is a very very bad coach, and it's pitiful how the press gives him a pass and never demands answers to the hard questions.

Check that, blame can also go on the fans who continue to financially support a program that angers and distresses them, instead of cutting off the money to create change.

This decline and institutional resistance to adaptation is not unique to Michigan, this is the pattern that all the football powers have or will go through, some adjust more quickly than others.

Carr was most likely gone after this year anyway.

Oregon is going to murder Michigan, they will have spread the field and kill them in the middle just as App State did with better athletes. Michigan's offense might get into gear, but their defense will lose them a shootout with the Ducks.

This is the very last time I will post on these losers.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Agree RD.

Funny thing is we'll see an 0-2 battle in 2 weeks - Michigan and Notre Dame in prime time.
:toofunny:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
How did it come to this, jmh? How did such a great QB "U" end up with these dud signal callers lately?

Freeman has legs, I would expect Miami to run him more and he has the ability to escape a collapsing pocket, but, big fat butt, very hard to fix, he has a weak arm. He's underthrowing in the pocket and can't throw back across the field when out of it.

That's bad, Miami fate hinges on these QB's, otherwise an excellent ball team.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
How did it come to this, jmh? How did such a great QB "U" end up with these dud signal callers lately?

Freeman has legs, I would expect Miami to run him more and he has the ability to escape a collapsing pocket, but, big fat butt, very hard to fix, he has a weak arm. He's underthrowing in the pocket and can't throw back across the field when out of it.

That's bad, Miami fate hinges on these QB's, otherwise an excellent ball team.
Lawrence Coker.

Simple as that.

Freeman seems to have decent touch on the deep ball. Those were the only good passes he threw late last year.

He didn't play well at all against Marshall.

I think the OU game comes down to turnovers and big plays on O.
I like Freeman's chances at hitting a deep ball better than Bradford at OU - just because he's brand new.
Freeman has at least done it against bowl teams before.

I don't see either team driving consistently. Our D is too good - and so is their's. If we could pass - we would have a better chance at a somewhat balanced O.

Freeman has really got to concentrate though. He's had a penchant for interceptions - which could prove Miami's downfall depending on where it happened.

I'm hoping one big play is a Graig Cooper punt return. He seems to have some wiggle and burst.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Wow, and now Michigan is getting used by Oregon.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
time to change my screen name back to yjyankee......:frustrate

get rid of Carr & bring on Les Miles!!!!:whip: