1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.9%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Can't Watch My Buckeyes!!!!!!!

Last year some of Ohio State's games were not available in Ohio as they were on espn u and Espn ran commercials to "call your cable provider and demand they carry espnu". This year I can't watch my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes on tv for week 1 and 2 and it's the big ten network that has the games and they are running the same damn demand your cable provider carry us so you can see the games bullsh!t,one day all these games will be pay per view this sucks!!! I'm going to watch the Detroit Tigers game instead of college football.

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.9%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Appalachian State beating meatchicken almost makes up for not being able to watch OSU. M go blow!! GO BUCKS!!!!
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.6%

Yeah, the whole BTN thing sucks horse dong. I'm finally back in Ohio and cannot get regional coverage of OSU football on local stations. That's just garbage. I spent yesterday working on my car with the game on the radio. I'm done with going to bars to watch games, and I'm done with cable, so where does that leave me? You know that once Time Warner decides to purchase rights to carry the BTN they will charge out the a$$ for it. I guess you can get every sports channel Direct TV carries, including the BTN for $11, and if I ever decide to pay for tv again that's the way I'll go.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

its ok The suckeyes are no good anyhow
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Good buddy of mine is a Badger. He's been railing on the Big 10 network for about 6 months.

He predicted this sort of stuff.
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.9%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Good buddy of mine is a Badger. He's been railing on the Big 10 network for about 6 months.

He predicted this sort of stuff.
    Is this sort of garbage going on across the country? Did people in the south have to beg thier cable companies to carry Espn U to watch Miami or Alabama games ? I swithed to Dish Network from Direct tv about 6 months ago and of course now Direct has the Big Ten Network and Dish does not,and I can't get cable of any kind.I'm with you Binge I don't go to the sports bar to watch a game anymore besides it's to far my small town doesn't have a bar. The problem is they know morons like me will do whatever to watch OSU play so they will continue to cash in, I really believe that some day all sports will be pay per view.
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.9%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    its ok The suckeyes are no good anyhow
    They will win at least 9 games this year, and we will not lose to a division 1 aa team. After watching Wisconsin play yesterday I think a Big Ten title is not an impossibility.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    Is this sort of garbage going on across the country? Did people in the south have to beg thier cable companies to carry Espn U to watch Miami or Alabama games ? I swithed to Dish Network from Direct tv about 6 months ago and of course now Direct has the Big Ten Network and Dish does not,and I can't get cable of any kind.I'm with you Binge I don't go to the sports bar to watch a game anymore besides it's to far my small town doesn't have a bar. The problem is they know morons like me will do whatever to watch OSU play so they will continue to cash in, I really believe that some day all sports will be pay per view.
    The ESPNU part - yes. Last year - because Miami was so damn bad, we had a BUNCH of games on it. Problem was - it wasn't on many cable or sat providers.

DirecTV did get ESPNU sometime in the spring. The cable in this area also picked it up - I went back to them over DTV because they (cable) have High Def. ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX and DTV doesn't.

Hmmm - I'm surprised Dish doesn't have the Big 10 network.

I'm not sure if it's offered Free to Air - I'll look and see.
    (Though - that would require work...)
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.6%

No need for the BTN this week, Binge makes his official return to the Shoe on Saturday.
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.9%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge View Post
    No need for the BTN this week, Binge makes his official return to the Shoe on Saturday.
    Damn it ! I had an opportunity to get tickets, but I'm already going to Detroit with 5 friends to see the Tigers play the Mariners saturday night. I am envious enjoy the game and as always GO BUCKS !!
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.9%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge View Post
    I called the fine people at the Dish Network and they told me they were in negotiations with the Big Ten Network but there fee demands were too high in comparison with other regional sports networks so they will not be carrying it. As usual it's the fan/customers who get screwed.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.6%

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    I called the fine people at the Dish Network and they told me they were in negotiations with the Big Ten Network but there fee demands were too high in comparison with other regional sports networks so they will not be carrying it. As usual it's the fan/customers who get screwed.
    I was reading the sports section of the Cinci Enquirer on Sunday. Inside, Time Warner took out a full page slamming the BTN. On the next page was the same thing, a full page taken out by the BTN trashing TW as money-grubbing whores and telling readers to enjoy the games with friends who use Direct TV.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.6%

They ran a BTN ad on the big board today and the whole stadium booed for the duration of the comercial.

Similar Forum Threads

1. can i take my lil bro to the gym w/me he's 15
    By realsoundjim in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 05:07 PM
  2. Can someone evaluate my diet?
    By Edge in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 03:02 PM
  3. Can someone critique my Workout Routine?
    By camo1131 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 10:18 AM
  4. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 09:54 PM
  5. Can I make my M-5AA 20mg per ml?
    By friction515 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 08:28 PM