Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

cassiusclay

Awards
The name says it all. who thinks Vick should get a second chance or has he blown it and deserve to be gone for good?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Much like anyone else on the street, he should go to prison. Does the NFL have a prison team? If so, then I don't care. If not, then it would be pretty hard to run while shackled.

Lindsay Lohan getting 38 freaking MINUTES of jailtime for 2 DUIs and cocaine possession. Celebrities are supposed to be subject to the same consequences as regular people.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do sins affect one's ability to play football? I don't know the answer to this, but I'm a mighty terrible football player myself.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One word.......NO!! I hope they lock his a$$ up and throw away the key for what he did......

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, sports are about honor, integrity, esprit de corps among other things and when you bring discredit to it, you should not be allowed to play. I think we've drifted away from this so much and focused on money and performance to a point that they might as well all be prison teams.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, sports are about honor, integrity, esprit de corps among other things and when you bring discredit to it, you should not be allowed to play. I think we've drifted away from this so much and focused on money and performance to a point that they might as well all be prison teams.
When I watch professional sports, I want to see touchdowns, slam dunks, homeruns, top-corner snipes, double eagles on a par 5, and BIG HITS. This is first and foremost with me.

I understand that including such terrible people in these sports will (as it should) hurt the support of fans. Perhaps professional sports should look more into taking more preventative measures against bringing in immoral athletes.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If he would have came clean when everything first went down I'd say maybe because I think people deserve another chance at times.

He straight up lied to the commisoner and owner of his team. The same owner who pushed him around in a wheel chair. Also for beeing un-explainably stupid. He was set to make 130mill over 10 years. Why the fvck would you need to gamble and make a buisness of somthing thats illegal?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
:banned: Cassius :banned:

The guy most definitely doesn't deserve the type of life the NFL will afford him.

cassiusclay

Awards
:banned: Cassius :banned:

The guy most definitely doesn't deserve the type of life the NFL will afford him.
why ban me?

i dont think he should play either. guys dream of playing in the nfl their entire lives. some guys would even play for 100,000 a year when they can make so much more just b/c they love the game.

its a privilage and when you blow it like that and do something that terrible you dont deserve to have another chance.

millions of people go for jobs on wallstreet that pay less that what vick is paid. how many of them would still have their job after spending time in jail?

its complete bullsh!t that its even up for debate.

riseboi

riseboi

Awards
  • Established
why ban me?

i dont think he should play either. guys dream of playing in the nfl their entire lives. some guys would even play for 100,000 a year when they can make so much more just b/c they love the game.

its a privilage and when you blow it like that and do something that terrible you dont deserve to have another chance.

millions of people go for jobs on wallstreet that pay less that what vick is paid. how many of them would still have their job after spending time in jail?

its complete bullsh!t that its even up for debate.
huh??? why did you vote that he should?? :confused:

cassiusclay

Awards
if youre saying ban me b/c i voted yes to him playing its b/c the last thing i typed before i set the pole up was "or has he blown it and does he deserve to be gone for good?"

so with that in my head i voted yes.

im more offended of what he did to the dogs that did not "perform"

i love dogs and have a black lab currently and if anyone did that to my dog i would fvcking kill them.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
they let tyson fight again and artest and steven jackson are still in nba. i personally dont think he should play again but with everything it comes down to money. if the nfl thinks he can sell seats he'll play again- after 3 year suspension.:thumbsup:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
if youre saying ban me b/c i voted yes to him playing its b/c the last thing i typed before i set the pole up was "or has he blown it and does he deserve to be gone for good?"

Makes sense, you're forgiven.

But let it be known to any of you who "really" support Vick:
Any and all Vick supporters on AM.com will be subject to a royal beating followed by a visit with two rabid, hungry, and extremely horny baboons.

That includes you, Midget:study:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i voted yes because i think he should be able to play again IF he does the time for the crime! If he does no time then fck :FUfinger: him!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well punishment for the violation through our own legal system is already assumed and I think he should still not be able to play afterwards. there are many jobs out there that will let you go even if you're proven innocent in a court of law, just by bringing discredit on the employer.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah i think i change my mind, i dont think he should be able to play because it is gambling. Who knows if he will gamble away some NFL games too. Plus he was the idiot that took the chance doing something stupid like that when he already was a big star and making millions. He blew it. Can you say has been?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

im more offended of what he did to the dogs that did not "perform"

i love dogs and have a black lab currently and if anyone did that to my dog i would fvcking kill them.

Through your choice of wording, I feel that you are trying to convey some type of gay sexual implications which I don't believe are appropriate.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Through your choice of wording, I feel that you are trying to convey some type of gay sexual implications which I don't believe are appropriate.
someone has issues...

texxlnghorn

Awards
My answer would be NO, but I believe once you did the time for your crime, you should have a 2nd chance to have a life.
What i've noticed not once has vick came out and made an apology.
Even if you did are you sorry for getting caught or you truly sorry for killing probably atleast 100 dogs.
All the dogs on your property are going to be killed because how you raised them.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Vick isn't going to be playing NFL anymore. The worst thing a team can get is bad press for a personal action one of their players made. Even though it is just one individual, it tarnishes the whole teams image/perception.

I never got why these morons, celebs/sports players do such stupid things with as much money as they make. They literally piss away opportunities they get.

cassiusclay

Awards
i guess theres no running from my past :lol:

(JOKE)

Tattooed76

Tattooed76

Awards
I say Hell No. I hope he loses his entire career and all of his endorsements. I was angry towards him at first but then I saw the Real Sports on HBO about dogfighting and that put me over the edge.

cassiusclay

Awards
I say Hell No. I hope he loses his entire career and all of his endorsements. I was angry towards him at first but then I saw the Real Sports on HBO about dogfighting and that put me over the edge.
same here man. when i heard about all that i was furious. apparently the NFL has been getting a sh!tload of letters with people saying that they will never watch another falcons game if vick plays. so ive written one. you should too.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah because for Vick living an honest life while making a sh;tload of money isn't quite good enough. He felt the need to strive a bit further and just start dogfighting/gambling.....he dosen't deserve sh;t. He's just a moron who threw away what he had.

cassiusclay

Awards
Yeah because for Vick living an honest life while making a sh;tload of money isn't quite good enough. He felt the need to strive a bit further and just start dogfighting/gambling.....he dosen't deserve sh;t. He's just a moron who threw away what he had.
you pretty much said it best.

thats the thing though. he didnt even need that money. he so f*cked up that he actually enjoyed doing all that sh!t.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
I was a huge Vick fan, and I say no. I live 20 mins from VA Tech and spent over a year working at Lane stadium Saw Vick play several times. Now I had to explain to my son that one of heroes is a scumbag. They are circling petitions to remove his jersey from being retired we were the one of the first to sign. Both of the Vick brothers wasted away a huge amount of talent it just baffles me they could be that stupid.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thind dude is an a-hole but should get the same guidelines as all players. I don't really follow football but here alot of those dudes have felony convictions. So I guess once he serves his time he should be allowed if others that have murder raps and weapons charges are allowed.

cassiusclay

Awards
Both of the Vick brothers wasted away a huge amount of talent it just baffles me they could be that stupid.
thats right i forgot all about the brother. that just shows you right there that hes already long gone. he wouldve made the NFL for sure but then he pulled some sh!t. all i remember is seeing a clip of him stepping on some guys knee. the guys fvcken knee. he couldve messed that up for life.

this whole thing makes you wonder how they were raised.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vick admitted to killing 6-8 dogs, as reported on CNN last night.

cassiusclay

Awards
its gotta be more. hes going to give a number greater than 5 so we believe it and a number small enough to where it doesnt seem THAT bad. he knows hes busted hes just trying to water it down now.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Vick is an idiot. He's only giving in slowly due to the pressure and trying to spin it around by looking like he's the victim here.

CustomNW

Awards
  • Established
Vick is such a gem of a human. Everytime my dog takes a sh1t, I put a pic of him under his azz.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Vick isn't going to be playing NFL anymore. The worst thing a team can get is bad press for a personal action one of their players made. Even though it is just one individual, it tarnishes the whole teams image/perception.

I never got why these morons, celebs/sports players do such stupid things with as much money as they make. They literally piss away opportunities they get.

i bet Oakland would take him. they take all the scum bags from the NFL.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think Vick is a complete idiot, but if he does his time and meets whatever stipulations Goodell puts on his return he should be able to play again.I can't see condemning a man for life for making a mistake.

cassiusclay

Awards
I think Vick is a complete idiot, but if he does his time and meets whatever stipulations Goodell puts on his return he should be able to play again.I can't see condemning a man for life for making a mistake.
dude life doesnt mean sh!t to vick. he killed those dogs for entertainment. fvck him. he deff deserves to never play again.

what kinda descent job would overlook those charges? none. trying getting a job with that on your record. deff wont get a job that pays enough to support a family thats for sure.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
dude life doesnt mean sh!t to vick. he killed those dogs for entertainment. fvck him. he deff deserves to never play again.

what kinda descent job would overlook those charges? none. trying getting a job with that on your record. deff wont get a job that pays enough to support a family thats for sure.
Deserves is such a relative term though. If Goodell and the NFL are going to let the Pacman Jones' and Chris Henrys of the world play again they cannot ban Vick for life imo.Human beings have been shot and paralyzed by Jones and his posse and he's eligible for reinstatement after week 10.

cassiusclay

Awards
Deserves is such a relative term though. If Goodell and the NFL are going to let the Pacman Jones' and Chris Henrys of the world play again they cannot ban Vick for life imo.Human beings have been shot and paralyzed by Jones and his posse and he's eligible for reinstatement after week 10.
you know i dont agree with that either but i guess youre right. with the world as it is today i guess he does deserve to play again. id still say no if it was up to me though.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i hope that waste of sperm never steps foot on the field again.

he is a a disgrace to the nfl, and he was garbage as a qb

senseless killing of dogs plus gambling

give him the pete rose treatment lifetime ban

ill never watch another nfl game if they let that scumbag back in the nfl

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i hope that waste of sperm never steps foot on the field again.

he is a a disgrace to the nfl, and he was garbage as a qb

senseless killing of dogs plus gambling

give him the pete rose treatment lifetime ban

ill never watch another nfl game if they let that scumbag back in the nfl
I would agree with that if the league applied that kind of justice unilaterally, why ban Vick and let dirt nuggets like Jones and Henry back in.Henry was giving alcohol and having sex with under age girls and was arrested countless times in one year and Jones' case is even worse, mabey it's because I'm not a dog lover( don't hate them either) but to me these guys are worse than Vick.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i agree with your statement to teh fullest

its the reason why the youth of america is the way it is today.

celebs and prof athletes commit crimes that when the average man commits them will get burned at the stake

how many avg joes do u know get a dui and do 35 min of jail?
how many people do we know get busted for roids and have a paid vacation of say 2 weeks ( mlb)

kids see athletes commit crimes and go unpunished they follow in the same steps somebody somewhere needs to step up

but yes im a dog lover as well so im truly hating ick

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i agree with your statement to teh fullest

its the reason why the youth of america is the way it is today.

celebs and prof athletes commit crimes that when the average man commits them will get burned at the stake

how many avg joes do u know get a dui and do 35 min of jail?
how many people do we know get busted for roids and have a paid vacation of say 2 weeks ( mlb)

kids see athletes commit crimes and go unpunished they follow in the same steps somebody somewhere needs to step up

but yes im a dog lover as well so im truly hating ick
All very true, and most professional athletes are given a sense of entitlement from the time they are very young they are simply not held to the same standard of conduct as the average guy.I'm sure Vick never thought he would be caught and his apologies are only due to getting caught. I still think he has to be held to the same standard of punishment as everyone else, even if his case has generated more negative publicity for the NFL.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
NO-one "deserves" to play at a professional level, with the possible exception of players who have been set-up & intentionally screwed.

Make no mistake - the Falcons are my home team & I've been rooting for them since before Bartkowski's first-ever Hail-Mary pass, and I'm deeply sorry that such a crucial player turned out to be such an unconscionable D!CK.

That said, the only thing Vick deserves is to b1tch-slapped by every American who ever loved a dog. It's a mess of his own making, and I can't feel the least bit sorry for him (yes, I've tried).

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I would agree [...] if the league applied that kind of justice unilaterally, why ban Vick and let dirt nuggets like Jones and Henry back in.Henry was giving alcohol and having sex with under age girls and was arrested countless times in one year and Jones' case is even worse, mabey it's because I'm not a dog lover( don't hate them either) but to me these guys are worse than Vick.
Nothing to quibble over in this: I'd suggest a variation on my "Vick treatment" for those guys: 20 minute alone and unarmed with the immediate families of his victims in a locked, windowless room; no cameras, no guns or knives (bats & clubs are okay) - no questions asked after the fact. THEN kick the MFs out of the sport, and split their contract money between their victims.

What shouldn't happen to a *dog* should NEVER happen to a child - and NOTHING speaks to our decline as a people as eloquently the helpless hand-wringing & cold calculation that so often accompany these horrors.

Lightning

Awards
Aside from being a total retard, Michael Vick is the most overrated QB in recent NFL history. After his stint in the slammer noone will want him. After repeated anal gang rapes his legs will falter and render him useless.