Make you 2007 NFL predictions

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Here's how I think the 2007 season will unfold. Some things that will be revealed this year are

1. Eli Manning is the most overrated and over-hyped player in the NFL. The Giants will be lucky to have 8 wins this year.
2. The Bears will miss Thomas Jones dearly
3. The Patriots will be too powerful for anyone. Not only did they get Randy Moss but they also got Donte Stallworth and Adalius Thomas. AFC secondaries better watch out.
4. Norv Turner will not help the Chargers get over the hump.
5. Joe Gibbs is fired at the end of the year or is forced to resign.
6. Tony Homo will not save the Cowboys and bring back the glory days to big D.
7. Terrell Owens might give Wade Phillips heart disease.
8. The Panthers and Bengals will have a resurgence this year as solid play-off contenders.
9. Brett Favre hangs it up at the end of the year or plays somewhere else in 2008.
10. Detroit will be much improved from a year ago.

NFC West
Seattle
San Francisco
St. Louis
Arizona

NFC Central
Chicago
Detroit
Green Bay
Minnesota

NFC South
New Orleans
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Atlanta

NFC East
Philadelphia
Dallas
NY Giants
Washington

AFC West
San Diego
Denver
Kansas City
Oakland

AFC Central
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Cleveland

AFC South
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Houston

AFC East
New England
NY Jets
Miami
Buffalo

Wild Card Round
Indianapolis over NY Jets
Cincinnati over Denver
Carolina over Chicago
New Orleans over Dallas

Divisional Play-Offs
Cincinnati over San Diego
New England over Indianapolis
Seattle over Carolina
Philadelphia over New Orleans

Championship Games
New England over Cincinnati
Seattle over Philadelphia

Super Bowl
New England over Seattle

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
New england is definately going to be the team to beat this year....boy did they beef it up during the off season.......GO PATS!!!!!!

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i only really care about the AFC east and NFC east.

The Bills are my team. please dont say anything, i already know.
and the Eagles just because they are my home team.

the Bills are better than miami and ny jets. but im not saying they could take the pats. the bills lost 5 games last year by 3 points or less. to very good teams. colts and pats were two of those losses that came late in the 4th. anyways what im saying is that if they had won 3 of those 5 they would have been in the playoffs.
now this year they have Lynch, who some say was the best RB in the draft, they have some soild new OL and that crazy ass LB from Penn State. and lets be honest, their QB isn`t that good but he is better than the bears QB and they did pretty good.

as for the Eagles.......... either they`ll take the east or the cowboys will. but i HATE the cowboys so i hope the birds get it.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
God i hate miami and hope they finish at the bottom of the afc east.....I can't wait till friday preseason pats vs. the bucs.....i used to work about 3 blocks from raymond james stadium and went to alot of bucs games, so if i have to pick an nfc team it's them....even though they will stink this year. I have to agree with chad thouh i hate the freaking cowboys and put a hex on them......

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
BROWNS WILL TAKE IT ALL BABY!

they will bend over and take it all from every team they play this year! LOL!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BROWNS WILL TAKE IT ALL BABY!

they will bend over and take it all from every team they play this year! LOL!
lol, i heard brady quinn is first in line.:lol:

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
yesterday i watched a special on one of the espn channels, NFL yearbook, Dallas Cowboys 2006-2007. Alls it did was remind me how much I despise the cowboys. And then they didn't even show the losses, just said they lost. F*ck that noise.

E-A-G-L-E-S!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AFC East
New England
New York
Miami
Buffalo

AFC North
Pittsburgh
Cincinnatti
Baltimore
Cleveland

AFC South
Indy
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Houston

AFC West
San Diego
Denver
KC
Oakland

NFC East
Dallas
Philadelphia
Washington
New York

NFC North
Chicago
Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota

NFC South
New Orleans
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Atlanta

NFC West
San Francisco
Seattle
Arizona
St. Louis

Wild Card Weekend
Denver v. Pittsburgh
New York v. Indianapolis
Philadelphia v. SF
Seattle v. Dallas

Divisional
Denver v. New England
Indianapolis v. San Diego
Philadelphia v. Chicago
Dallas v. New Orleans

Conference Championships
Dallas V. Chicago
Denver v. Indianapolis

Super Bowl
Denver v. Chicago

Bears win the Super Bowl

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the Bills are better than miami and ny jets. but im not saying they could take the pats. t
Better than the Jets who now have Thomas Jones? Wow you are being very optimistic. I am originally from NY and the hype for the Jets this year is crazy, especially if Revis finally shows up to camp

IainDaniel

Awards
Arizona getting no respect. Watch out for them this year. Might even make the playoffs.

texxlnghorn

Awards
With no injuries i say
New England vs. New Orleans in the Super Bowl.

And Brady wins another ring.

texxlnghorn

Awards
Speaking of Quinn, anybody watch HBO's show Hard-Knocks?

Quinn's wife is HOTT.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Even with Levi Brown Leinart is going to be put to the ground before he has a chance to get it to either Fitz or Boulden, and Edge will never be as dominant as he was in Indi simply because the line he was behind in Indi was one of the best and the field was spread so thin with Manning that he was a glorified back that any one could have been in (dont get me wrong Edge is talented but will not help Arizona IMO.)

AFC East
New England
New York
Buffalo
Miami

AFC North
Baltimore
Cincinnati (Ocho Cinco and Carson will have a legit years but will be trounced on by Baltimore's D like many alike)
Pittsburgh
Cleveland

AFC South
Indy
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Houston

AFC West
Denver
San Diego
KC
Oakland

NFC East
Dallas
Philadelphia
New York
Washington

NFC North
Chicago
Detroit
Green Bay
Minnesota

NFC South
New Orleans
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Atlanta

NFC West
Seattle (Alexander bounce back year)
St. Louis
San Fransisco (I see Gore getting hurt)
Arizona

Wild Card
Denver over Cincinnati
San Diego over Baltimore (Ray Lewis will be blinded by LT, sort of like Merriman with the roids)
Philadelphia over Chicago
Seattle over Carolina

Divisional
Denver over Indi (Dre Bly across from Champ will make sure there are no more 40 point routes)
New England over San Diego
Saints over Philadelphia
Dallas over Seattle

Conference
Denver over NE (I'm a Broncos fan and NE scares me)
Saints over Dallas

Super Bowl
Denver over Saints

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
San Fransisco (I see Gore getting hurt)
That's what kind of scares me about the 49ers because he's the X factor on the team. Our defense should be a lot better but without a healthy Frank Gore we will not be more then a .500 team.

I like the addition of Darrell Jackson at WR. He finally gives us someone who is dependable at that spot. Vernon Davis was hurt last year but when he was on the field he did really goo. I think Vernon Davis is gonna have a break out year and will be among the top 5 TE's in the league by next year at the latest

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
yeah that pretty boy looks like he would really enjoy that!:lol:
Does he get some KY with that or just raw treatment :D The guy definitely has the physical tools and had great coaching at Notre Dame under Charlie Weis. He's playing on a real bad team that did not do much to improve from a year ago. It seems as if Kellen Winslow is the main threat but not much more besides that.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Arizona getting no respect. Watch out for them this year. Might even make the playoffs.
I think Arizona has some good talent offensively but they have a weak defense and Edgerrin James won't be as good in Arizona as he was in Indianapolis. They are also going through a coaching change and you never really know how that's gonna end up.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea Jackson was a good addition to for them, also Leli has the potential to be a good acquisition as he came cheap and I still he has the big play ability or the ability for a breakout year in the right setting. If Jackson can play up to par and Gore stays healthy (and of course Alex Smith can cut down on the INTs) they have a chance to prove themselves. Also its only a matter of time before Vernon Davis becomes an elite Tight End. His natural ability and build are freakish, he just needs the experience and techniques to become an all around TE and he will be unforgiving.

Alot of people think the NFC West is the weakest division but I can never agree. Its not the strongest but every team is dangerous if they can put the tools together. Should be interesting to say the least out in the west (I cant wait to see if Jackson actually comes through on his 2500 guarantee)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The NFC West is not the weakest division anymore. The NFC Central is. Chicago regressed. Minnesota is the worst team in the league. Detroit will be better but they're no better then a .500 team at best. Green Bay is done, they might as well start rebuilding ASAP. I also think the NFC West is almost on par with the NFC South.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does he get some KY with that or just raw treatment :D The guy definitely has the physical tools and had great coaching at Notre Dame under Charlie Weis. He's playing on a real bad team that did not do much to improve from a year ago. It seems as if Kellen Winslow is the main threat but not much more besides that.
If ya ask me he looks like he likes the RAW treatment :lol: I agree the kid has talent, but playing with cleveland i think his tools will more likely be in the shed than on the playing field.

Oswizle

Awards
Vernon Davis explodes this year and Reggie Bush shows everyone who the next great RB of the league is

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
yesterday i watched a special on one of the espn channels, NFL yearbook, Dallas Cowboys 2006-2007. Alls it did was remind me how much I despise the cowboys. And then they didn't even show the losses, just said they lost. F*ck that noise.

E-A-G-L-E-S!
The NFL yearbook show is kind of hysterical because they can make the Browns and the Raiders look good LOL. They never focus on a teams mishaps. They also make it seem as if their 7th round pick from 2 years ago has a promising future because he had 2 decent games at the end of the year LOL.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Brett Favre will break the all time INT record. I wonder if they will celebrate with fireworks.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Probably not but potentially when he breaks the alltime TD record, all time Win record, or potentially the all time yardage record if he plays after this season (yea right.)

Yet even though they wont praise Favre for the all time INT record reading an article about it at the end of last season I took a new perspective on it. Brett Favre has been good enough to make mistakes and accumulate that many mistakes and remain the starting QB. Also the fact that 4 of the 5 people on top of the career int list are in the HOF...

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Travis Henry looks solid

Henry will be dominant in Denver. 1850 yards rushing, 15 tds (would be 19 if Cutler didnt love TEs in the Red Zone,) and will be my glorified second/early third round pick in all of my fantasy leagues.

Broncos all the way people!

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Probably not but potentially when he breaks the alltime TD record, all time Win record, or potentially the all time yardage record if he plays after this season (yea right.)

Yet even though they wont praise Favre for the all time INT record reading an article about it at the end of last season I took a new perspective on it. Brett Favre has been good enough to make mistakes and accumulate that many mistakes and remain the starting QB. Also the fact that 4 of the 5 people on top of the career int list are in the HOF...
I wonder how big of a boner John Madden will get if Favre breaks any records this season. He will make love to Favre over and over again in his mind and then realize he is live on the air.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how big of a boner John Madden will get if Favre breaks any records this season. He will make love to Favre over and over again in his mind and then realize he is live on the air.
John Madden will eat 5 turkey legs in celebration and the show us some weird bird outside of the stadium eating garbage food items that some hippie was wishing to score after the game LOL. Madden needs to actually hang it up. He was good at one point but not so good these days. Madden is living off his reputation IMO.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
John Madden will eat 5 turkey legs in celebration and the show us some weird bird outside of the stadium eating garbage food items that some hippie was wishing to score after the game LOL. Madden needs to actually hang it up. He was good at one point but not so good these days. Madden is living off his reputation IMO.
He's better than Joe Buck. I'll give him that.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
My prediction... a big black man wearing skin tight pants will look into the camera .. wave.. smile and say "hi mom" 1,324 times

I dont know much about football. Sorry

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
My prediction... a big black man wearing skin tight pants will look into the camera .. wave.. smile and say "hi mom" 1,324 times

I dont know much about football. Sorry
For not knowing football you got it pretty close Squeaks, the only difference is it will be a skinny in shape black man dancing in the end zone with the fines "stash" already in place.. and it will be a single man that goes by the alias Ocho Cinco!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Anything less than 10 wins will be a real dissapointment" My boy kitna.....lol

No I dont know if the lions have 10 in them, but it could happen. The NFC north is week. If the lions can stay close in ball games I think it may be more obtainable than most think. Kitna's solid, he wont win you games but he wont lose them for you.

I can't wait to see Henry in Denver it should be somthing to watch for, also McGahee in Baltimore could get interesting. Hell alot of RB got new homes this year, should be an exciting season.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
"Anything less than 10 wins will be a real dissapointment" My boy kitna.....lol

No I dont know if the lions have 10 in them, but it could happen. The NFC north is week. If the lions can stay close in ball games I think it may be more obtainable than most think. Kitna's solid, he wont win you games but he wont lose them for you.

I can't wait to see Henry in Denver it should be somthing to watch for, also McGahee in Baltimore could get interesting. Hell alot of RB got new homes this year, should be an exciting season.
The Lions are my surprise team this year. The NFC North ain't that bad and who knows how the Bears will do without Thomas Jones. If Cedric Benson underachieves the Bears may be an 8-8 team. They also lost their DT Tank Williams.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take it for what you will but one of the two catches Calvin Johnson made was unreal. That leaping catch on the hash line.....WOW. I thought it was over thrown at first. Instead of thrwoing to a spot, you have a large area.

That could be very promising in the future with Roy Williams on the other hash, you can't double team both. Alot of people say....yaya look at the other WR they took. Mike Williams hadn't played football in a whole year, and Charles Rogers had alot of off the feild issues before he ever got into the NFL.

The lions also had 5 OL on IR last year

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Take it for what you will but one of the two catches Calvin Johnson made was unreal. That leaping catch on the hash line.....WOW. I thought it was over thrown at first. Instead of thrwoing to a spot, you have a large area.

That could be very promising in the future with Roy Williams on the other hash, you can't double team both.
I also think that Drew Stanton can develop into a solid QB. He was a great value pick in the second round. Calvin Johnson looks like the closest thing to a young TO so we'll see how that works out in the future.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also think that Drew Stanton can develop into a solid QB. He was a great value pick in the second round. Calvin Johnson looks like the closest thing to a young TO so we'll see how that works out in the future.
Yea too bad Drew's out for the year. I played against him in HS and wow what an amazeing athlete, he threw about 97mph off the mound and was a highly scouted SS and P but told teams to pass on him in the MLB draft because "I'm going to be an NFL QB someday"

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yea too bad Drew's out for the year. I played against him in HS and wow what an amazeing athlete, he threw about 97mph off the mound and was a highly scouted SS and P but told teams to pass on him in the MLB draft because "I'm going to be an NFL QB someday"
I didn't know he was hurt. Hopefully he can absorb a lot of knowledge this year. Mike Martz is a good OC so he's in good hands.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Lions are eternally cursed. They will never be good.

The other thing I am confident in saying is the Michael Vick will have one heck of a season. I am picking him #1 in my fantasy draft, if he is still available.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The Lions are eternally cursed. They will never be good.

The other thing I am confident in saying is the Michael Vick will have one heck of a season. I am picking him #1 in my fantasy draft, if he is still available.
That must be the prison football fantasy draft you're talking about :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Just remember VERY few WR rookies have had more than 1000 yards receiving.

I'd say Johnson's realistic best bet is 700 to 800 yards.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established

With a real QB, I would say his rookie numbers could easily approach Moss. But well... he plays for the worst franchise in pro sports so 700 to 800 is a good guess.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established

I think that has alot to do with the play of Tatum Bell and Mike Jones (and Jones health.) If neither can step up and preform to even minimalist aspirations Johnson could have a very impressive rookie year (or watch as Williams does.) But at the same time with the Lions playing 3 and 4 WR sets (and alot of the time I see them without TEs) Johnson will be somewhat of a decoy and opener for slot recievers. If Johnson can prove himself early to Martz he will be Rookie of the Year for sure.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
If he can take the full time starting or atleast majority of the carriers away from Chester Taylor its a possibility and if he can withstand the full 16 games (plus the Vikings arent going to put him through the gauntlet so time sharing will be very high.) I cant see Peterson clearly outperforming Taylor to the point of making him the full time back. Also I definetly think Marshawn Lynch would be in a better position than Peterson just for the fact that he has the luxory of being a true featured back because Anthony Thomas is a long ways off.

But in all reality who the hell knows right.. as long as JaMarcus Russell doesnt get it, Im a happy man (and also Quinn ~ but yea that would actually happen.)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that has alot to do with the play of Tatum Bell and Mike Jones (and Jones health.) If neither can step up and preform to even minimalist aspirations Johnson could have a very impressive rookie year (or watch as Williams does.) But at the same time with the Lions playing 3 and 4 WR sets (and alot of the time I see them without TEs) Johnson will be somewhat of a decoy and opener for slot recievers. If Johnson can prove himself early to Martz he will be Rookie of the Year for sure.
Its kevin jones (if yuor talking about the RB) but its okay, He's a lion so he's not a big name. They have Furrey who quietly had a 1,000yrd reciveing year last year because defenses would try and shut down Williams with a lot of double teams and he was always there in the slot.

So its not unrealistic to say Johnson has a legit chance to go for 1,000 this year.