19. Nebraska 0-0 388
20. Arkansas 0-0 360
21. Florida State 0-0 301
22. TCU 0-0 233
23. Boise State 0-0 222
24. Hawaii 0-0 214
25. Texas A&M 0-0 209
Others Recieving Votes
Boston College 150, Georgia Tech 150, Miami (FL) 91, Notre Dame 90, South Carolina 90, Wake Forest 71, Missouri 58, Oregon State 52, Brigham Young 47, Clemson 30, Oregon 30, South Florida 26, Texas Tech 20, Alabama 16, Oklahoma State 15, Southern Miss 14, Iowa 12, Kansas State 8, Memphis 5, Houston 4, Arizona 1, Duke 1, Kentucky 1, Washington State 1.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
My thoughts:
Florida will NOT end up in the top 10. I'm not sure even about the top 15, honestly.
Nothing to do with my personal feeling towards the Gators. They just lost too much on D and have a new QB coming in. I don't care what Teebow did last year. What will he do with real pass rushes facing him every down - where he'll be forced to throw the ball to win. (And can run every down like he could in '06. He won't last if he does that in '07.)

I think Wisconsin should be the top ranked Big 10 team.

Virginia Tech is getting more respect than deserved as far as the team they'll put on the field. BAD QB.

I think Cal should be in the top 10 honestly.

Lastly - Miami doesn't deserve to be ranked.
I'm not worried about it either.
Just win games.
Our schedule has 4 teams in the pre-season top 25 - with BC and GaTech coming thisclose to being ranked also.
If we win - we'll move up quickly.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I agree about ND as well 80. All I care about this year is seeing even the slightest bit of improvement on defense. Our weakest spot in 3 years.

musclemilk40

Banned
Awards
Dude, your crazy

Florida probably has a good chance to win the SEC again. LSU you should win, but Teebow is awesome. CAL?? Wisconsin? Wow!!!!!!!!! I guess West Virginia is overrated to uh?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think Cal should be in the top 10 honestly.
:goodpost: I'm surprised that Justin Forsett isn't getting much respect because he was 190 lbs last year. He bulked up to 205 now so they're naturally questioning if he lost his blazing speed and cat-like quickness. The thing that concerns me about Cal is the defense. They have a tendency to gamble more then they need to and get burned for big plays as a consequence.

I think Nate Longshore is better than what most people give him credit for. He did seem to have a tendency to play down to his competition early in the year but I'm sure Coach Tedford will work on it.

D'Sean Jackson is the big playmaker on offense and special teams. He is sort of like our Ted Ginn, Jr. but I hope he's a little tougher than that pretty boy because I thought he should have kept playing against the Gators.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Florida probably has a good chance to win the SEC again. LSU you should win, but Teebow is awesome. CAL?? Wisconsin? Wow!!!!!!!!! I guess West Virginia is overrated to uh?
Cal is goo bro, don't sleep on the big bad Bears ;) I seriously think we have a shot at beating USC this year. The Bears have played them real tough even in the recent losses vs. USC and they had that upset over the Trojans 34-31 the year that the Trojans shared the Title with Auburn.

Tebow had mostly big plays with his feet in various games but Chris Leak led that team. I personally think the Gators have lost too much on that D-Line plus the loss of Reggie Nelson. I don't doubt they have great athletes but you need to have the best team to win, not necessarily the most athletically gifted team. Tebow may eventually be awesome but I think they have a rough schedule within their conference. South Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee are tough games. There's also Florida St., LSU, and Auburn on your schedule in case that's not enough.

BTW, I can't freaking wait for some football :aargh: ! ! !

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing CFB threads on here for 3 years.

You, sir, are crazy.

FLA lost 9 starters on D. Their best goal line RB is now the QB. They lost veteran receivers. (Don't give me Deonte.)

'07 won't be your year.
See you in '08 at the Swamp. I'll be there.

Cal - yes. Cal. I watched them at UT last year. I know what they have coming back.
I don't buy USC has a cake walk to the BCS (Pac 10 title).

Wisky - yes. They return everyone but 3 starters on both sides of the ball. Darn good D. Helluva RB. Good TE.
Helluva head coach.
They've got OSU's number the last 5 years (won 3 out of 4). They've got Michigan at home (who is still coached by Lloyd Carr).

WVU isn't overrated.
Their schedule is piss-azz poor this year. They'll have a darn good O. But a god awful D.
It won't hurt them in the regular season.
I think if they make it to the BCS title game, they'll get light the f*ck up by a real D and special teams.

size

Awards
  • Established
My prediction: Hawaii goes undefeated on a 60+ Td season from Colt Brennan. Hawaii goes to a BCS.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
My prediction: Hawaii goes undefeated on a 60+ Td season from Colt Brennan. Hawaii goes to a BCS.
Good to see you again size :) Baseball is about to become irrelevant once football kicks off :head:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
AP poll out:

1. USC (62) 0-0 1622 4
2. LSU (2) 0-0 1511 3
3. West Virginia (1) 0-0 1396 10
4. Texas 0-0 1375 13
5. Michigan 0-0 1371 8
6. Florida 0-0 1276 1
7. Wisconsin 0-0 1192 7
8. Oklahoma 0-0 1166 11
9. Virginia Tech 0-0 1148 19
10. Louisville 0-0 1031 6
11. Ohio State 0-0 876 2
12. California 0-0 790 14
13. Georgia 0-0 782 23
14. UCLA 0-0 605 NR
15. Tennessee 0-0 571 25
16. Rutgers 0-0 560 12
17. Penn State 0-0 542 24
18. Auburn 0-0 519 9
19. Florida State 0-0 392 NR
20. Nebraska 0-0 377 NR
21. Arkansas 0-0 376 15
22. TCU 0-0 283 22
23. Hawaii 0-0 256 NR
24. Boise State 0-0 187 5
25. Texas A&M 0-0 162 NR
Others Recieving Votes
Missouri 128, Georgia Tech 94, Boston College 75, Oregon 73, South Carolina 69, Miami (FL) 68, Alabama 66, Oregon State 42, Wake Forest 40, South Florida 28, Arizona State 17, Brigham Young 14, Southern Miss 12, Notre Dame 11, Virginia 7, Clemson 6, Oklahoma State 3, Texas Tech 2, Purdue 1, Houston 1, Kentucky 1, North Carolina State 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Size,
Your thoughts on the BCS championship participants?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I noticed West Virginia is #3 but I just don't see them as a top 10 team. Their defense would have me worried if I was a Mountaineers fan.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My beloved Buckeyes # 10 and #11 respectively, probably overrated at this point with all we lost on the offensive side of the ball but I think we have a God given right to be top 10 to start each and every season. Football is our child we gave birth to it and it belongs to us, everyone else has a bastardized version. I don't like our chances this year so I'm just going to spew this kind of rhetoric all season long.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Well, Bucknuts, you may be doing it for both of us this year. We should head into Wisconsin undefeated, and into Michigan with that one lose to Whisky or none at all. Our D and schedule will be enough to have a good season with, but JT and company haven't even named a starting QB yet. I'm sure it will be Boeckman, but the other two will strive to throw their kinks into it, especially spew-talking Henton. Dude needs to take a Big-10 snap before he thinks of talking Heisman again.

Anyway, with the schedule we may be a 1-loss team without a BCS bid. I'm just glad to be in Ohio with the ability to go to the games and enjoy Lane Ave. again. It's looking like Akron will be my return to the Shoe and my boy's first game.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, Bucknuts, you may be doing it for both of us this year. We should head into Wisconsin undefeated, and into Michigan with that one lose to Whisky or none at all. Our D and schedule will be enough to have a good season with, but JT and company haven't even named a starting QB yet. I'm sure it will be Boeckman, but the other two will strive to throw their kinks into it, especially spew-talking Henton. Dude needs to take a Big-10 snap before he thinks of talking Heisman again.

Anyway, with the schedule we may be a 1-loss team without a BCS bid. I'm just glad to be in Ohio with the ability to go to the games and enjoy Lane Ave. again. It's looking like Akron will be my return to the Shoe and my boy's first game.
I agree we should be unbeaten with Wisconsin coming to Columbus, I think Wisconsin not the wolverqueens are the class of the Big Ten this year qb will be thier biggest ? but with what they do there qb is less important than at other programs.Boeckman is going to be the man to start the season, I look for alot of Beanie Wells this year(FOR GOD'S SAKES DON'T FUMBLE) if he doesn't put the ball on the ground I think he has a huge year. My neighbor(michigan fan) pointed out to me that if you take the first letter of each of our first four opponents you get a message about our schedule this year. Youngstown State.Akron, Washington, Northwestern I think he's stil pissed because I took down his michigan flag set it on fire and ran it back up his flagpole, not in my Ohio town, not on my watch take that sh!t up north.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Wisky has OSU's number. (Not as good as Auburn has Bama's, say, but pretty darn close.)

They've won 3 out of 4 in the Sweater Vest tenure.

size

Awards
  • Established
Size,
Your thoughts on the BCS championship participants?
Hard to guess this early but I will take an easy way out and say USC vs LSU.

I think Hawaii goes to a BCS.
Also, I think Nebraska will have a good year with Keller(formerly ArizSt) at QB. Not sure about a BCS but I think Keller will really do well.

Some other teams that are worth looking at for capping, Ohio Bobcats and Central Michigan Chippewas. Both should have good seasons. New Mexico State Aggies with Holbrook at QB and a questionable defense should be alot of points.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
And of course Purdue will suck penis this year along with IU and Illinois. These are the bottom feeders of the Big 10. Purdue should have fired that sack of shlt Tiller a long time ago. He's useless.

Once Weis can full recruit his own team and the rest of the shltty ass players from Ty's roster are purged, expect Notre Dame to climb to the top again.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
all I can say is :wtf:

WV & TX over Michigan??? I remember towards the end of last season, before the BCS games, they were putting SC, LSU & MI up in the top 3... Now they put us down to 5??????!!!!

'guess we'll just have to prove ourselves early this year..

Hey AP pollsters - :FUfinger:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
MgoBlue,

Michigan at #5 is a gift. It suprises you, that given Michigan and Ohio State's performance in the Bowls, yes, The Buckeye performance reflects on Michigan, that they would drop?

Besides that, the defensive losses of Branch, Woodley and Harris for Run Control and Pass pressure and the OSU and USC exposed secondary that lost Leon Hall makes this a very suspect top five team, add the predictable offensive playcalling of Carr and Debord, more so.

Michigan is getting cred for a supposedly superior left side offensive line for Hart and who else? to run behind. Superior maybe in B10 play, but that's as much a reflection of the inferior to the SEC Defensive lines, the B10 has been very weak of late in producing great collegiate DTs and DEs. The B10 offensive lines tend to show poorly against top out of conference teams, putting Henne in Shotgun should help with this.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Agree whole heartedly with Rogue.

The piss poor Rose Bowl and still having Lloyd Carr as the head coach don't give me a good feeling about Michigan winning the Big 10 - when comparing to Wisconsin.
(They won their bowl game and return all but like 4 starters on O and D.)

I think Wisky is the team to beat in the Big 10 - and my pick to win the Big 10.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Wisky's problem, we shall see if they correct this, is that they play a decent low game, a lousy middle one, and a just ok high game.

The low is the run, they have large bruising linemen and backs to push the A gaps, but that runs right into the strength of the B10, collapsing lines, they don't spread and sweep the outer B and C gaps because they lack the lateral speed in the players they recruit to their scheme.

The middle is lack of possession receivers. Wisconsin has been terrible in implementing slot receivers and TE's to drop on the LBs and Corners playing Cover 2. I can't understand why the Badgers are so poor at this. They are unable to play Dink and Dunk, they run the low or the high, they have good deep receivers but have lacked the QB with an arm and a touch to be enough of a deep pass threat.

What happens with Wisky is that they keep pounding the low to their fatigue and can't find the high often enough, teams like Michigan cheat in and stall them out with ever more pressure from the LBs as the games progress.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Saturday's a big day and I have good feeling about Cal. There hasn't been this much excitement about college football in a long a$$ time. We have a home game against a solid SEC squad. We can't lose to Tennessee for the 2nd straight year and call ourselves a top flight football program. I have faith in Tedford, Longshore, Forsett, and Jackson. The Bears will handle Tennessee 34-24. There's also word that Erik Ainge injured his hand so I hope it has a negative effect on him this Saturday :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
IW - UT will have a pretty big let down this year IMO.

Ainge is nicked up already. No returning WR's with any catches of note. No clue who the RB is (Coker seems to be in Fulmer's doghouse). Best DL is gone (Justin Harrell at DT) and some other good players on D gone. Hefney is back in the secondary.

I don't see UT finishing in the top 20, honestly. Cal beats them and probably the Gators. I see one other SEC loss - am thinking South Carolina.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
IW - UT will have a pretty big let down this year IMO.

Ainge is nicked up already. No returning WR's with any catches of note. No clue who the RB is (Coker seems to be in Fulmer's doghouse). Best DL is gone (Justin Harrell at DT) and some other good players on D gone. Hefney is back in the secondary.

I don't see UT finishing in the top 20, honestly. Cal beats them and probably the Gators. I see one other SEC loss - am thinking South Carolina.
You're right, the lack of experience at the skill position should hurt Tennessee. A lot of their big gains against Cal in last year's game were on missed tackles so if we can just tackle well then we'll in a great spot . . . I can't wait and I probably won't sleep much tonight :head:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Rogue,
Quick question - but with regard to Wisky and their running schemes, how would you work Micheal Bennett and Anthony Davis into that discussion?

Both of those RB's were outside/speed guys - not really inside the tackle like PJ Hill seems to be. (And Dayne, of course.)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'll take a shot at the Q but RD should definitely chime in. The turf benefits the speed guys. College football hash-marks are so wide that it also gives speed guys an advantage. They can outrun people to the wide side of the field, look for daylight and take off. There's probably more but that's all I can think of right now

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He's an Auburn fan after what happened to Michigan :lol:
Dude, that was a shameful game for all of college football!!! About the only thing those seniors can do now to try to get some self respect is beat Ohio State...

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I try not to be too harsh on Michigan, cause my wingman is a lifetime fan, but that loss is not on all of football, that's on them and the B10.

Michigan just deeply hurt, again, the credibility of the B10.

That was the latest greatest example of how anyone can be beat by anyone if the "superior" team prepares poorly and lacks good in game adjustments.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Rogue,
Quick question - but with regard to Wisky and their running schemes, how would you work Micheal Bennett and Anthony Davis into that discussion?

Both of those RB's were outside/speed guys - not really inside the tackle like PJ Hill seems to be. (And Dayne, of course.)
You are right. I should have, will now, say my critique was on last year and not necessarily accurate for years back. I don't think I paid much attention to the Badgers until 2005.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
That's fair RD. Just wanted to see what time frame you are talking.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Michigan's talent is overrated IMO but one other concerning thing is the lack of killer instinct in that team. They were heart less with the exception of Michael Heart. Henne looks like a big stiff who has trouble with quick decision making. Maybe that is attributed to inadequate coaching but Henne's not a freshman either.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I think that's why Michigan does'nt run the spread, Henne can't make the reads fast enough, he's a football dumb and dull as his boss, million dollar arm, ten cent head and heart.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They were heart less with the exception of Michael Heart. Henne looks like a big stiff who has trouble with quick decision making. Maybe that is attributed to inadequate coaching but Henne's not a freshman either.
that pretty much sums up Michigans season last year too.. They don't quite have the heart that other teams seem to have.. Henne has proved to be all but worthless. He's playing like a Sophomore.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
In hindsight, I was too harsh on Henne. I apologize Chad.

Henne fits UM's scheme, a strong armed pocket passer that will carve up the D given time, but his slow targeting and immobility makes him very vunerable to serious pressure. He also seems to lack a winner's intensity and leadership, it's very possible that the Carr system has taken away his fire.

Be a believer, MgoBlue, Michigan can come back from this loss. I fully expect their O will, it's the D, Carr and his DC refuse to properly adjust and train? their men to play well versus wide sets and mobile QBs. It's very doable, but Carr and Co are frozen in time.

Michigan is one good new head coach and two recruiting classes away from being consistently in the elite, maybe 2010 and on.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh, I'm still a beliver.. Haven't gone out & gotten the Mich State garb yet.. LOL. Maybe that loss will be that swift kick in the ass that'll wake them up so they realize that this is it for those Seniors that stayed to win the big one. Now, that big one, is Ohio State. Hell, they could run the table now & still get a decent bowl bid..

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You know - I've honestly been pondering the Big 10/11 and what could happen the rest of the way.

It's entirely possible (if lightning strikes Lloyd in the f*cking azz - Ron English too) that Michigan can create SERIOUS havoc in the Big 10/11.
They have the 2 really big games in November - Wisky and OSU. Plenty of time to get things back on track on D.
O seems to be ok - not top notch - but good enough to score points.

I've heard rumblings behind the scenes that Carr really didn't have a gameplan ready for AppSt - as he viewed it as a non-conf. cup cake game.

All it would take is Michigan beating Wisky or OSU to throw the Big 10/11 into a tizzy.
Hell - win both and we might be looking at a forced removal of the Big 10/11 from the BCS. :hammer:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I've heard rumblings behind the scenes that Carr really didn't have a gameplan ready for AppSt - as he viewed it as a non-conf. cup cake game.
If that's true then I don't know how Carr can look at his players w/out being ashamed. App. St ain't no fvcking USC or LSU but you gotta have a game plan, especially the first game of the year. You only have the entire fvcking off season to prepare LOL.

I also hear sports radio while driving and I can't believe that a good 50-60% of Michigan callers were actually satisfied with Carr because he got them a Nat'l Title in the late 90's and how they've been to a bowl game for the last gazillion years. It's on the JT The Brick show FYI, an excellent sports radio program if you guys ever want to listen.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well, as the "I heard's" go on...

today, I tuned into the local AM sports station & heard the last bit of a conversation about Carr getting canned & LSU's coach heading up there.. He's stated that Michigan is his dream job (played/graduated from there).. It's funny, Saban comes down here from Mich State, brings LSU to the promised land, & now, it's possible that Miles could bring LSU back again & then maybe head up to Ann Arbor.... Not sure LSU would let Mich offer enough $$$ though... It's just funny listening to all these LSU fans already sweating their asses off about loosing Miles...:lol:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
M - I also heard Miles may not be on Schembechler's good side.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I think 'Less' Miles might actually do LSU some good. They wish they had Saban still to this day.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think 'Less' Miles might actually do LSU some good. They wish they had Saban still to this day.

yeah, it's funny listening to all these fans down here.. Talk about bitter!!!

CED, who's the pic in your avatar?