Michael Vick Indicted For Dog Fighting !!!

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
Executions included:

Death by Hanging
Death by Electrocution
Death by Slamming a dog to the ground

What a sick bastard. I hope he gets punished to the fullest extent of the law and anyone else who condones this treatment of animals.

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
I hope they send him to jail. Anyone who is involved with something like this deserves to rot in a cell.
It boggles my mind how someone can watch dog fighting, then stand around and watch a dog lay there and die.
People disgust me

Benderzzz

Awards
And just 2 weeks ago espn said over and over again that vick wasnt going to be indicted and how wrong it was for people to ever think he was involved in such a messed up activity.
Skip the guy from 1st and 10 was being slammed for still believing he was and was even being accused of making this a race issue and that he wanted vick to go down for this. insane
the facts will come to light more and more as the trial gets going
i wonder if he will play this year???
I f i were the Falcons I would distance myself from him but that is just me

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vic will play this year, the process is going to take a long time. Just keep in mind that no convictions have been made yet.

IainDaniel

Awards
Vic will play this year, the process is going to take a long time. Just keep in mind that no convictions have been made yet.
Not if Roger Goodell has anything to say about it. He is not to keen on players embarrassing the NFL.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
If its true I wish very bad things upon him...:rant:

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Vick as it's highest paid player is the NFL's marquee persona.

How does he even go about defending either his compliance or ignorance of a professional dog fighting ring operating on his property???

Its not not like somebody broke in one night and had a quick dog fight or two, this was a money making operation that involed illegal gambling as well.

The NFL will always be harsh with any kind of gambling ties.

I know a lot of pro LB's are dog owners, so look out Mike could be a little pay back!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
His punishment should be to have to get in a cage with five of the best fighting pits for a couple minutes. See how he likes that sh*t. It really did make me sick to my stomach when I heard how they killed the dogs that weren't performing adequately. Most likely he will play this season, all I can hope for is a career ending injury, even paralyzed wouldn't bother me a bit. If he is innocent, which is not likely, I take all that back.

Some people are just pure evil. About 2-3 years ago, I was sitting outside of my townhouse watching my cat. She was standing on the sidewalk just minding her own business. Some guy walks by and decides to kick her out of his way. I immediately jump off my patio and throw the guy into a tree. He collects himself and gets in my face saying "what the hell is your problem". I ask him what's wrong with him, why would you kick a little cat for no reason. He tells me to settle down and that it's not that big of a deal. I proceeded to houck a loogie in his face, hoping that he would throw a punch, but he just walked away talking sh*t.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not if Roger Goodell has anything to say about it. He is not to keen on players embarrassing the NFL.
He's also not to keen on rushing to judgement too. Vic has never had a problem in the past with legalities and such like Pac man and Tank, which lent a lot of credence and legitamcy to Goodell's decision. It's a tuff decision to make with a subjective veiwpoint on how someone punishes based on vary degrees of guilt.

Now as for the Falcons... who knows. Honestly I look at them cutting Vic before any major suspension could come down.

Tattooed76

Tattooed76

Awards
It looks like his wallet is going to take a hit regardless. Nike is talking about dropping his sponsorship.

"A source with contacts inside of shoe-manufacturing giant Nike tells Pro Football Talk that the sponsorship of Mike Vick will be coming to an end, in light of his indictment on federal conspiracy charges. Per the source, Nike won't move immediately to axe Vick, but that the company will pursue a mutual parting of the ways with the embattled Falcons quarterback." -- Pro Football Talk

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
He's also not to keen on rushing to judgement too. Vic has never had a problem in the past with legalities and such like Pac man and Tank, which lent a lot of credence and legitamcy to Goodell's decision. It's a tuff decision to make with a subjective veiwpoint on how someone punishes based on vary degrees of guilt.

Now as for the Falcons... who knows. Honestly I look at them cutting Vic before any major suspension could come down.
I guess you don't remember his Water Bottle incident.

While I agree the NFL can't rush can't rush to judgment, this **** went down on Vick's property. Sometimes you just can't plead ignorance, I mean a kennel, training facility and dog fighting all on your property and you don't know? Come on!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

While I agree the NFL can't rush can't rush to judgment, this **** went down on Vick's property. Sometimes you just can't plead ignorance, I mean a kennel, training facility and dog fighting all on your property and you don't know? Come on!
LOL that H2O bottle incident is classic :lol: I'm also willing to bet his brother had a lot to do with it. Someone who waves a gun at McDonalds with the intent to intimidate teenagers can't be too smart LOL.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
we all know he is going to be "innocent" when have you ever heard of a mega athlete being charge on federal offenses. money sure does have a lot of influental power

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
If it were steroids he'd be guilty, otherwise, you're right.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
we all know he is going to be "innocent" when have you ever heard of a mega athlete being charge on federal offenses. money sure does have a lot of influental power
Don't be so sure about that, federal indictments carry a 95% conviction rate, which is astounding and makes yet another reason why this story is a lightening rod.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I remember it, and the STD case, and the middle finger incident. However that was all it was, a water bottle.... there was no judicial action taken whatsoever, which when compared with the other poster boys for Goodells opinions like Pac man, and Tank(both of which have arrest warrants to their names... PacMan has 5) Vics past up to this point has been relatively normal in regards to the law.

Benderzzz

Awards
I would be willing to bet the majority of those 5% who beat the rap are rich and powerful or at least a good amount of them are.

texxlnghorn

Awards
Vick could be in HUGE trouble.
If i was working the case, he would be doing time.
Not only the dog fighting charges, I would ring him up on
1. Conspiracy charges
2. tax evasion
3. Money laundering

Just to name a few.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The weird thing about this is that law enforcement originally went to his residence on a drug search warrant. They stumbled into the dog fighting ring by pure accident. Maybe he can blame it on his schizophrenia and blame Ron Mexico LOL.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would be willing to bet the majority of those 5% who beat the rap are rich and powerful or at least a good amount of them are.
I'd bet your right, but still regardless of how much money I'd have I still wouldn't be happy about those ratio's.

IainDaniel

Awards
The weird thing about this is that law enforcement originally went to his residence on a drug search warrant. They stumbled into the dog fighting ring by pure accident. Maybe he can blame it on his schizophrenia and blame Ron Mexico LOL.

I don't think it was an accident. PETA has been raising red flags for a while about his compound.

texxlnghorn

Awards
It probably will only get a stiff fine and probabation.
If he gets probabation hopefully like 10 years probabation with random drug testing. I can't see him staying clean for 10 years. Then he'll go to prison.
But like i said if i was the D.A. i would leave the dog fighting alone, i'm not sure the law where this took place, but most states cruelty to animals is a misdeamnor.
I would go after the felonies.
1. tax evasion
2. money laundering
3. All types of conspiracy charges.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It probably will only get a stiff fine and probabation.
If he gets probabation hopefully like 10 years probabation with random drug testing. I can't see him staying clean for 10 years. Then he'll go to prison.
But like i said if i was the D.A. i would leave the dog fighting alone, i'm not sure the law where this took place, but most states cruelty to animals is a misdeamnor.
I would go after the felonies.
1. tax evasion
2. money laundering
3. All types of conspiracy charges.
I heard a report on ESPN that the NFL is trying to sidestep the issue with Vick by having him take a leave of absence until the case is done. However, he might not do that, contesting he is innocent and all that. From a legal point of view, they should suspend him, they can, and companies do when their employees are under investigation, especially in an area where gambling is the main reason these dogs are slaughtering one another.

And, I think Vick is being charged under a federal law against transporting dogs across state lines for the purposes of fighting, a law recently passed by congress. He should go away for a very long time - I almost think the NFL needs to have these kind of incidents - Vick, PacMan, Tank - to clean up its act. it's about time.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sucks he further has to give the pitbull a bad name, when it is HUMANS who commit the crime.

Us APBT owners already have enough crap to deal with, and really don't need this at the moment.

I hope he doesn't skate on this one, and has to do the crime for his actions. Dog fighting is a disgusting act IMO.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Sad that dogs suffer because humans can be idiots.

As I always say, I think people who want to own animals should have to take classes and apply for a special license. While it probably wouldn't have stopped Michael Vick, it probably would stop a very large amount of dog/animal abuse in the various forms.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
People get more upset over pitbulls being electrocuted than the 1+ million unborn children being killed, sometimes in an even more brutal fashion.. every year. Food for thought.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
People get more upset over pitbulls being electrocuted than the 1+ million unborn children being killed, sometimes in an even more brutal fashion.. every year. Food for thought.
I think we would be even more upset if Michael Vick was running an abortion clinic...thought for food

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
I hope they send him to jail. Anyone who is involved with something like this deserves to rot in a cell.
It boggles my mind how someone can watch dog fighting, then stand around and watch a dog lay there and die.
People disgust me
Well said - I agree wholeheartedly.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think we would be even more upset if Michael Vick was running an abortion clinic...thought for food
Very true, an animals life can't be compared to the life of an unborn child. You know the animals aren't going to contribute a heck of a lot to society but one of those unborn children have the potential to make great contributions to society

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Easier to get attached to animals over unborn babies in a quick emotional sense, imho. I've seen people break down because of a pet that died after being part of the family for 10-12 years and barely bat an eye when a neighbor passed away.

People are strange creatures.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Very true, an animals life can't be compared to the life of an unborn child. You know the animals aren't going to contribute a heck of a lot to society but one of those unborn children have the potential to make great contributions to society
Eh, that is kinda a matter of opinion. An unborn child can also be a murderer, rapist, etc. A dog may never come up with a cure for cancer, but they make impacts in many areas of service(helping the blind, elderly, police, etc)

Again it is all subjective.

I think it is not even smart to get into the whole abortion debate, as it gets heated. Not to mention this has nothing to do with abortions, it has to do with DOGS.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Eh, that is kinda a matter of opinion. An unborn child can also be a murderer, rapist, etc. A dog may never come up with a cure for cancer, but they make impacts in many areas of service(helping the blind, elderly, police, etc)

Again it is all subjective.

I think it is not even smart to get into the whole abortion debate, as it gets heated. Not to mention this has nothing to do with abortions, it has to do with DOGS.
Good points. I just tend to be 55% optimistic and 45% pessimistic so I try not think of newborn babies as rapists or murderers. But you're right, Hitler, Mao, and Stalin were babies at one point LOL.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Apples and oranges. Most of these aborted fetus' are aborted before they're anything that closely resembles a functioning human. They are not given the chance to live a highly probable abusive/neglectful life by parents who don't want them or in foster care, etc. IMHO abortion (not late term--that's disgusting unless necessary to save the mothers life) is a logical and humane option to people forcing a child to life through what is, in very high probability, going to be a potentially miserable life by removing that possibility before the fetus has developed into something that can think or feel like a human.

Animals are treated horribly poorly, even the most intelligent ones. Why? Because they simply lack the ability to verbally communicate us and tell us "please don't". Taking advantage of the living weak and treating them like absolute shiit is much more dispicable to me than stopping germ cells from developing into a creature that can be destroyed by the negativity it was brought into in this world.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's why this debate is one I stay out of...Many people feel that life begins at conception and you're aborting a life. I'm keeping my personal opinion out of this one :)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Don't blame ya :p

This goes all the way back to "how do you define human life"?

brogers

Awards
  • Established
Apples and oranges. Most of these aborted fetus' are aborted before they're anything that closely resembles a functioning human. They are not given the chance to live a highly probable abusive/neglectful life by parents who don't want them or in foster care, etc. IMHO abortion (not late term--that's disgusting unless necessary to save the mothers life) is a logical and humane option to people forcing a child to life through what is, in very high probability, going to be a potentially miserable life by removing that possibility before the fetus has developed into something that can think or feel like a human.

Animals are treated horribly poorly, even the most intelligent ones. Why? Because they simply lack the ability to verbally communicate us and tell us "please don't". Taking advantage of the living weak and treating them like absolute shiit is much more dispicable to me than stopping germ cells from developing into a creature that can be destroyed by the negativity it was brought into in this world.
I won't argue with what you've stated, as I don't want to turn it into a political discussion.. perhaps another time :duel:

I just thought it is so backwards the way this is receiving so much attention (but I'm not denying that it is an awful thing, I certainly think it is terrible) considering how horribly treat our own unborn in this country.

As for Vick, people have already tried him in their minds, and he's guilty. This is a good example of why arrest records, indictments, etc need to be sealed until a criminal court reaches a verdict. What if he is found innocent of charges? Not to mention, I think he is only being charged with conspiracy to committ crimes, not actually committing them...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I definitely think its wrong that people are already drawing conclusions without a conviction--as you said, and as was demonstrated in the case against the Duke LaCross players, its possible he's totally innocent and he shouldn't be smeared for something he hasn't been convicted for.

Not quite sure I'd go so far as to say records should be sealed until verdict time; that opens a huge can of worms. For example, if someone has never been "convicted" but is constantly indicted for crimes I think that sealed cases may be a bad thing. I'm sure there are trial lawyers who can make a much better case than I can; I just find that idea "understandable", but I also get the feeling it wouldn't be so wise to do so.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I won't argue with what you've stated, as I don't want to turn it into a political discussion.. perhaps another time :duel:

I just thought it is so backwards the way this is receiving so much attention (but I'm not denying that it is an awful thing, I certainly think it is terrible) considering how horribly treat our own unborn in this country.

As for Vick, people have already tried him in their minds, and he's guilty. This is a good example of why arrest records, indictments, etc need to be sealed until a criminal court reaches a verdict. What if he is found innocent of charges? Not to mention, I think he is only being charged with conspiracy to committ crimes, not actually committing them...
While all opinions are appreciated. You were the one who posted an abortion reference in a thread titled Michael Vick indicted for dog fighting!

It is precisely the reason that, we live in a free country, that any person indicted of any crime is public record.

When a person who is considered a celebrity is indicted it becomes a newsworthy story.

There is a difference between being "innocent" and being "not guilty". He may be "not guilty" but he is not "innocent"!

He lost his innocence some where before he went into denial mode.

He has apologized to the Falcons owner, innocent people do not have to apologize ! They only have to explain their position and allow it to stand alone for judgment.

ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS AND MUST BE PRESERVED - shaolin monks

texxlnghorn

Awards
FYI- The state and Feds work differently.
You take a case to the D.A. and he can decide to press charges or not even if no evidence is present.(the duke case)

Fedeal Inditment works-
the feds show there case to a jury, provide evidence to the jury, then the jury deciedes if there is enough evidence to issue a federal inditment.

So, the Feds have evidence.
And like I said i would go after the BIG THINGS TO PUT VICK AWAY.
1. Tax evasion-felony
2. money laundering-felony
3. racketerring-felony
4. all types of conspiracy charges.= felonies

http://campus.udayton.edu/~grandjur/fedj/fedj.htm