Chris Benoit found dead

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Chris Benoit found dead

Not sure if it's been posted, but according to Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their Atlanta home today. Like or hate pro wrestling, Benoit was one of the greats, integrating many realistic holds and moves into his matches. Hits home for me, as he was one of the favorites growing up.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

2. Man, thats terrible. He was awesome.

3. very sad i am a chris benoit fan tragic.

4. just to update: The family was found dead, but not shot to death. Apparently, he was supposed to work the PPV last night, but pulled out due to "family reasons"

5. so rampage are they saying no foul play involved or not or they dont know yet.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BLACK747 View Post
    so rampage are they saying no foul play involved or not or they dont know yet.
    looks like they are investigating it as a homicide.

7. Him, his wife and his son where found dead. He still has another son and daughter surviving which makes the news all the more terrible.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

8. is reporting that investigators think Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend and himself today.

9. Another update on Benoit murder/suicide

by Dave Meltzer

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the lving room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, accordig t an unnamed source in the department.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

This leads me to think that there may have been a note.

All of this is very, very surreal with me. I remember snapping a picture of Benoit at the Wrestlemania hotel in New York back in the day. He was holding his newborn son. I'm just completely taken aback by this whole thing.

10. It was said that Benoit sent some strange text messages on monday that prompted the call to the police. Also they said that the instruments in death were found in the house but were not knives and guns etc...

11. thats crazy news. im thinking he strangled them or something. i wonder why? its sad tho.

12. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    thats crazy news. im thinking he strangled them or something. i wonder why? its sad tho.
    That's the speculation thus far, that he strangled his wife and child sometime early Saturday, and took his own life Monday morning.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

13. Yeah, but how'd he take his own life, overdosed? only way I could think of it. Then my question is, why?

14. what I have read at cnn is that when the info is released it will be deemed very bizarre.

15. im sure. it already is very bizarre. maybe he had a dream that he was supposed to do it or something or got some hallucinagenic mushrooms on accident and started tripping....i want to know and im sure the family members want to know as well (if they dont already).

16. I just hope they don't try to play the steroid card during this whole process.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

17. It is going to be interesting. According to the WWE webiste they have said they have been asked not to release any more info, so obviously this is a long story

18. The Associated Press is reporting that Benoit strangled his wife, smothered his son, and hanged himself. reported minutes ago: "Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths." has learned that one major media entity has received an email purporting to be from a friend of the Chris Benoit extended family saying that Benoit accidentally killed his wife in a domestic argument, then panicked and killed his son later so his son could be with his mother rather than grow up without a mom and knowing his father as a murderer.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I just hope they don't try to play the steroid card during this whole process.

If nothing comes out of this, you can guarantee this angle will be played up.

20. Leave it to CNN & Sports Illustrated to throw in the 'roids angle

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son who were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

21. And you know they will find them in the house.

22. If you check, steroids is already a discussion. It alsolooks like he hung himself in his gym.

23. **** the media. Just because Benoit was famous, this is a huge story. They're ignoring the fact that he murdered his 7-yr old son, and going straight to the steroids story. Chances are they'll find metabolites in his bloodstream. Then what?

24. besdies the steroid issue, much of this was known to the WWE last night, and they gave a tribute to this jackass. That is pathetic

25. -The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Nancy Benoit filed for divorce and an order of protection in May 2003. In the divorce petition, Nancy Benoit alleged that Chris Benoit, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture and furnishings. Petitioner is in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child." A judge issued a restraining order against Benoit and barred him from entering the family home. Nancy Benoit asked the court to dismiss the petition in August of that year. The couple later reconciled, celebrating together in the ring following Benoit's WWE World Championship win at Wrestlemania XX.

Chris and Nancy lived together since 1997, married in 2000, separated in 2003, and got back together shortly thereafter.

-A toxicology report will be issued at 3 p.m. ET today.

26. has removed all Chris Benoit merchandise from the ShopZone catalog area.

-The Edmonton Sun has run a story on Benoit. Benoit was billed from and lived in Edmonton most of his life:

-Here is the press release issued by the district attorney's office regarding the Benoit situation:

Yesterday afternoon at 2:30 pm, the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office received a call from someone affiliated with the wrestling community concerned with Chris Benoit and the fact that he had not appeared for a scheduled event. In response to that call the Fayette County Deputies went to the residence located at 130 Green Meadow Lane in Fayette County and discovered three deceased bodies, Chris Benoit, Nancy Benoit and their 7 year old son.

All preliminary indications suggest that it was a murder/suicide. Out of an abundance of caution every possible scenario is under investigation.

Details concerning the manner of death and times and other details will require confirmation of the lab results and the completion of the autopsies. Our hope is that the autopsy reports will be complete today. The GBI Crime Lab is working diligently on this case but do have many other cases as well.

At this time a press conference has been scheduled for this afternoon at 3:00 pm eastern time in front of the Benoit home.

27. And now comes AOL trolloping on the 'roid rage bandwagon..

Steroid abuse has been linked to depression, paranoia, and aggressive behavior or angry outbursts known as "roid rage."

28. Huge bombshell...Sheriff's dept says he had prescriptions for AS. The fact they were prescriptions could lead to a investigation into HRT...could end up hurting legit ppl.

Also, according to Sheriff's Dept, his wife was killed Fri., his son Sat. and himself Sat or Sun.

His wife was bound at hands and feet. Son had no signs of struggle. Apparently, he placed a bible by both of their bodies.

29. i used to be a huge fan of his..but right now i hope he burns in hell for murdering that child and his wife

Similar Forum Threads

1. chris benoit
    By ms84 in forum Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 05:04 PM
  2. Chris Benoit found dead
    By CNizz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 03:01 PM