Chris Benoit found dead

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if it's been posted, but according to wwe.com Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their Atlanta home today. Like or hate pro wrestling, Benoit was one of the greats, integrating many realistic holds and moves into his matches. Hits home for me, as he was one of the favorites growing up.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
just to update: The family was found dead, but not shot to death. Apparently, he was supposed to work the PPV last night, but pulled out due to "family reasons"

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
so rampage are they saying no foul play involved or not or they dont know yet.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Him, his wife and his son where found dead. He still has another son and daughter surviving which makes the news all the more terrible.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
ESPN.com is reporting that investigators think Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend and himself today.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Another update on Benoit murder/suicide

by Dave Meltzer

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the lving room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, accordig t an unnamed source in the department.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

This leads me to think that there may have been a note.

All of this is very, very surreal with me. I remember snapping a picture of Benoit at the Wrestlemania hotel in New York back in the day. He was holding his newborn son. I'm just completely taken aback by this whole thing.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
wow..

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
It was said that Benoit sent some strange text messages on monday that prompted the call to the police. Also they said that the instruments in death were found in the house but were not knives and guns etc...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats crazy news. im thinking he strangled them or something. i wonder why? its sad tho.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats crazy news. im thinking he strangled them or something. i wonder why? its sad tho.
That's the speculation thus far, that he strangled his wife and child sometime early Saturday, and took his own life Monday morning.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but how'd he take his own life, overdosed? only way I could think of it. Then my question is, why?

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
what I have read at cnn is that when the info is released it will be deemed very bizarre.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im sure. it already is very bizarre. maybe he had a dream that he was supposed to do it or something or got some hallucinagenic mushrooms on accident and started tripping....i want to know and im sure the family members want to know as well (if they dont already).

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just hope they don't try to play the steroid card during this whole process.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
It is going to be interesting. According to the WWE webiste they have said they have been asked not to release any more info, so obviously this is a long story

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
The Associated Press is reporting that Benoit strangled his wife, smothered his son, and hanged himself.

TMZ.com reported minutes ago: "Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths."

PWTorch.com has learned that one major media entity has received an email purporting to be from a friend of the Chris Benoit extended family saying that Benoit accidentally killed his wife in a domestic argument, then panicked and killed his son later so his son could be with his mother rather than grow up without a mom and knowing his father as a murderer.
http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_20634.shtml

:(

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I just hope they don't try to play the steroid card during this whole process.

If nothing comes out of this, you can guarantee this angle will be played up.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
If you check si.com, steroids is already a discussion. It alsolooks like he hung himself in his gym.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
**** the media. Just because Benoit was famous, this is a huge story. They're ignoring the fact that he murdered his 7-yr old son, and going straight to the steroids story. Chances are they'll find metabolites in his bloodstream. Then what?

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
besdies the steroid issue, much of this was known to the WWE last night, and they gave a tribute to this jackass. That is pathetic

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
-The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Nancy Benoit filed for divorce and an order of protection in May 2003. In the divorce petition, Nancy Benoit alleged that Chris Benoit, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture and furnishings. Petitioner is in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child." A judge issued a restraining order against Benoit and barred him from entering the family home. Nancy Benoit asked the court to dismiss the petition in August of that year. The couple later reconciled, celebrating together in the ring following Benoit's WWE World Championship win at Wrestlemania XX.

Chris and Nancy lived together since 1997, married in 2000, separated in 2003, and got back together shortly thereafter.

-A toxicology report will be issued at 3 p.m. ET today.
http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_20636.shtml

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
-WWE.com has removed all Chris Benoit merchandise from the ShopZone catalog area.

-The Edmonton Sun has run a story on Benoit. Benoit was billed from and lived in Edmonton most of his life: http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2007/06/26/4291839.html

-Here is the press release issued by the district attorney's office regarding the Benoit situation:

Yesterday afternoon at 2:30 pm, the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office received a call from someone affiliated with the wrestling community concerned with Chris Benoit and the fact that he had not appeared for a scheduled event. In response to that call the Fayette County Deputies went to the residence located at 130 Green Meadow Lane in Fayette County and discovered three deceased bodies, Chris Benoit, Nancy Benoit and their 7 year old son.

All preliminary indications suggest that it was a murder/suicide. Out of an abundance of caution every possible scenario is under investigation.

Details concerning the manner of death and times and other details will require confirmation of the lab results and the completion of the autopsies. Our hope is that the autopsy reports will be complete today. The GBI Crime Lab is working diligently on this case but do have many other cases as well.

At this time a press conference has been scheduled for this afternoon at 3:00 pm eastern time in front of the Benoit home.
http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_20638.shtml

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Huge bombshell...Sheriff's dept says he had prescriptions for AS. The fact they were prescriptions could lead to a investigation into HRT...could end up hurting legit ppl.

Also, according to Sheriff's Dept, his wife was killed Fri., his son Sat. and himself Sat or Sun.

His wife was bound at hands and feet. Son had no signs of struggle. Apparently, he placed a bible by both of their bodies.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i used to be a huge fan of his..but right now i hope he burns in hell for murdering that child and his wife

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
It doenst make sense, I thought he was texting on sunday. And didnt he run out quickly on saturday? Did you guys see his bible thing, there was one next to his wife and son

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
WWE News
WWE News: Press Conference on Benoit - Nancy tied up, Bibles placed next to bodies
By Wade Keller, Torch editor
Jun 26, 2007, 14:35
Email This Article - Printer Friendly Page - Back to Main Listing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Shepherd Smith on Fox News, when introducing the press conference, referred to Chris Benoit as "this Chris Benoit character," ran down the ways each died, and said now steroids are suspected as having triggered his actions.

-Lt. Pope said after a call for a "welfare check" prompted by WWE, they found all three bodies in the home mid-afternoon. He said autopsies have been performed and it is being considered a homicide-homicide-suicide. They said he murdered his wife by affixiation as far back as Friday, then his son Daniel the next day, then hanged himself likely on Sunday. He said toxicology reports can take up to several weeks to obtain. During questioning, he said there was no suicide note. He stuck with the term "asphyxiation" for the way both Nancy and Daniels died. He said Benoit was arrested for DUI in the past. He said there were no calls to his current residence for domestic abuse. A reporter asked if steroids or illegal substances were found. He said a lot of prescription medication he received from doctors with what they believed were legal prescriptions. When again pressed on whether steroids were found, he said he can't give them a list yet. He then said there were anabolic steroids when asked a third time. Regarding motive, he said they would not go into that at this time. Regarding the text message, he said he text messaged a friend and the friend saw it several hours after it was received by his phone. He would not go into the content of it. According to the doctor, several hours passed, no more than a day, between the son's death and Benoit's suicide by hanging. The wife's body was found in the office area, Daniel in his bedroom, and Benoit in the basement home gym. He estimated close to a full day between killing his wife and son. He said there was no evidence of Nancy resisting. The doctor from the crime lab estimates Nancy died some time on Friday. He turned questioing over to Fayetteville County D.A. Scott Ballard.

-Ballard said he is struck by the fact that a seven year old boy is dead. "I don't think we'll ever be able to wrap our minds around it completely," he said. He said the timing was bizarre because of the time that elapsed between the deaths of the two victims and the suicide. "It struck me as somewhat bizarre that he would even be in the home with their deceased bodies for some time, but we don't know that; we haven't verified it." He said there was a Bible placed next to the bodies of each of the victims. He said Nancy was bound by her feet and wrists and there was some blood under her head in what he felt was a family room upstairs. She was wrapped in a towel. There were no such body treatments of the son, who was found in his upstairs bedroom. He said he had no idea about the motive. "I'm baffled why anyone would kill a seven year old baby. I have no idea about a motive." He said there was no evidence he was trying to hide the bodies. No 9-1-1 calls came from the house. He said he didn't know anything about Chris telling WWE he had a family emegency to deal with. He said at this point they are all pretty confidence it was a murder-suicide, they will "alert to any evidence to the contrary." He said they will reexamine everything when the toxicology reports comes back. He said it would probably more than two weeks, though. He reconfirmed steroids were found in the residence. He said he didn't know if there were firearms in the house.

-Fox News anchor Smith then summarized the press conference and what it reconfirmed or revealed. He said he missed "one of those PPV things the WWE folks do." He added: "We have reason to believe he was a steroid user." He said steroids were present in the home. "With a doctor's prescription - you bet - but they were there." He discussed the situation with reporter Trace Gallagher regarding "roid rage." He wondered how long it can go on and how long it can last. "We're look at three separate incidents of roid rage over the course of three days," said the reporter. Dr. Steven Garner was interviewed. He said roid rage can cause such incidents. He said there are very few documented cases, but there are strange stories related to steroids. He said, "There people develop psychosis and that's a total break with reality. They don't know what they're doing. They halucinate. They don't know what they're doing. They hear voices in their heads telling them to kill people." He explained that once a user get off steroids, his testicles cannot return to producing testosterone at a normal level and depression can result - leading to suicide with teenagers. A former homicide investigator was interviewed next. He said he has been on scenes where he's seen people trip out due to steroids. "They get this unbearable strength and they seem to lose their mind," he said. "If they drink alcohol at the same time, it adds to it. It's taken about six or seven officers at scenes I've been at to hold a guy down who was flipping out from roid rage." Smith said: "Think about this guy. This guy's sitting in his hosue with a dead wife, then he's got a dead kid, then he's dropping Bibles all over the place. Then he's killing himself. You can't even process that." The doctor said steroids mixed with other prescription drugs make it much worse. They went on to note that "60 wrestlers" have died under the age of 45. "It's astounding. Astroniomically astounding. Nobody really focuses on it because wrestling is kind of a circus, an athletic soap opera. We don't really care about the players, apparently, because this is a continual cycle or drugs, road shows, alcohol, and they're travelling 250 days a year. The more wild your show is, the more money you make. That in the end turns out to haunt you. The doctor said typically wrestlers take more steroids than their should. Reporter Trace Gallagher and Shep Smith agreed that WWE is "under the fence." They brought up the HBO Real Sports interview where Vince McMahon got mad at the subject being brought up. "I know it's entertainment and it's not regulated the same way professional athletics are, but somebody is going to pay hell if this turns out the way we think it is."
http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_20640.shtml

:frustrate

Notice how Fox is pretty much trying to blame EVERYTHING on steroids.... cockfags..

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Another ****ing witch-hunt probably :frustrate

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
say goodbye to a lot of products out there
havoc, epi etc....

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
nah i wouldnt go that far..they blamed steroids on titus and his wife murdering and burning that body of there assistant to..there was nothing long reaching

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah but realistically, BB'ing doesn't have that Global "all-ages" appeal as Wrestling does - so that kind of changes the equation unfortunately...

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Steroids may not be the cause but cetainly could have to contributed to whatever happened..The toxicology reports should prove interesting.From all the reports he was a very good family man,so something must of gone terribly wrong..I just dont understand how anyone can harm a little child especially his own.He must of been suffering some serious depression or severe chemical imbalance or something...JMO

Here is an interesting fact 60 wrestlers have died under the age of 45..Something to think about.

Last edited:
Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
also the DA was just on talking about certain drugs that the kid was subject to. Kinda odd

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
ESPN had a further update where the kid had needle marks on his arms as the family thought he was undersized and they believe the kid was being given GH for some time

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
WWE responds to all the media outlets that are trying to pin this on "roid-rage"

WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting
Written: June 26, 2007STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitpressrelease

R

Rufio

Awards
Yeah, I just saw on Fox News "did steroids cause this former pro wrestler to murder his family?" Witch hunts are coming ...

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here is an interesting fact 60 wrestlers have died under the age of 45..Something to think about.
Yeah thats why its a bad idea to live on alcohol and painkillers.lol. Even most bbs that suffer problems it is usually do to painkillers, diuretics, and other favorite ancillary drugs. Steroids are a popular subject now and someone can be a known coccaine, heroin addict, etc. and the steroids will still be blamed.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah thats why its a bad idea to live on alcohol and painkillers.lol. Even most bbs that suffer problems it is usually do to painkillers, diuretics, and other favorite ancillary drugs. Steroids are a popular subject now and someone can be a known coccaine, heroin addict, etc. and the steroids will still be blamed.
I agree but its more than about what drugs killed him it's the entire drug culture..Lets not pretend AS are safe and have no long lasting mental or physical effects,cause they do..

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I beleive steroids are somewhat safe in moderation. I'm not saying they don't have sides or that their aren't rare people that may have bad sides from moderate doses. I'm just saying they are often blamed when many other factors probably contributed. Besides rage would be accidentally murdering somebody. Killing your child a day later after you murder your wife is not what I would consider rage. I call that a crazy sob. I've never expereinced what I would call rage from gear. I'll tell you the only thing that has ever royal ****ed my head up was accutane. Weird but It turned me into a depressed maniac and thats no exaggeration. It also took along time for me to become normal again. I think we are coming from the same place though. It just pisses me off steroid is the new buzz word.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Another issue on the heaping pile of political dissent...

I remember watching him wrestle when I was younger. I really wonder about this one. Weird.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Funny thing i was hanging clothes outside today right. I could overhear the next door neighbor's kids saying "and now the World Champion, Chris Benioooootttttttt!'' I was sitting there like it was so weird. They just kept saying his name like announcers.....Ironic.

I cant imagine what he was thinking thru this whole thing and to be in the house with the bodies of his wife and son.....man he mustve had one hell of a workout before he hung himself. ha.

Wrestlers are pretty fvcked in the head, at least handfull of them, blame Vince MacMahon he has to be the devil, man! Wrestlers drop left in right, then again it could just be the pressure and culture of being a pro wrestler...This must have MacMahon sh!tting his pants, now everyone thinks WWE guys are on roids.

Nothing righteous about it or even acceptable. Only God can judge him now.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
If there turns out to be roids in his system, then McMahon's testing policy and roids in general will fall under tremendous scrutiny

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Benoit was one of those guys you could just tell by looking at him that he was juicing, even eddie guerraro. R.I.P.