Chris Benoit found dead - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Chris Benoit found dead

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Board Supporter

Final pic of Benoit alive - taken at his doc's place on Friday

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/ne...rom-Friday.htm

The above photo is the last known picture of Chris Benoit alive, obtained by WSB-TV Channel 2. It was taken Friday afternoon at Dr. Astin's office in Carrollton.

Dr. Astin has stated that he did not notice anything unusual about Benoit during his meeting with him that afternoon.

Benoit killed his wife the next day, followed by his son on Sunday and then himself on Monday.

2. Board Supporter

Benoit family funeral plans & Chris Benoit's father comments-

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...eralplans.html

Wrestler to be buried in Canada, wife in Florida

By KEVIN DUFFY
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 06/28/07

Professional wrestler Chris Benoit will have a private service in Canada, separate from the services for his wife and son, his father said Thursday.

Benoit's parents, Michael and Margaret Benoit, live in Ardrossan in the Canadian province of Alberta.

The bodies of Benoit, his wife Nancy Benoit and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, are at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab.

Benoit killed his wife and his mentally handicapped son last weekend and then hanged himself at their exclusive Fayette County home near Peachtree City.

"It's a horrible, horrible event that's happened," Michael Benoit, the wrestling star's father said, speaking softly on the phone. "We have no understanding why it happened. It's going to take us a long time to come to terms with this, and we may never come to terms with it."

Nancy Benoit's parents, Paul and Maureen Toffoloni, live in Daytona Beach, Fla., where services for Nancy Benoit and Daniel probably will be held, Benoit said.

The plan is to cremate the mother and child in Georgia, according to Bee Huddleston of Carl J. Mowell and Sons Funeral Home in Peachtree City, which is assisting the families.

Mowell and Sons was scheduled to pick up the bodies of the mother and son late Thursday from the G.B.I. medical examiner's office in Decatur.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Nancy's family," Benoit said. "We're very concerned about the long-term affects on her family.

"There are no words to describe the loss we feel."
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Jversion1 View Post
    MSNBC news report video - interview with Vince McMahon, Lex Luger..again focusing on how steroids *must* have caused this..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19474972/
    Wow. He handled himself incredibly well in that interview... alot better than I would have. My blood was boiling just watching that nonsense (maybe it was roid rage).

My sister's boyfriend is a wrestler with ECW, who's identity I won't disclose, and I'm sure he is hearing all kinds of stupid bullsh1t. I can't wait to hear what some of my judgemental family members have to say. There are some family members who in the past have queried as to whether or not I use steroids and tell me of all the horrors associated but have never done one iota of research on the nature of the compounds. All these people that are on their soapbox have no clue and don't even make an effort to obtain a clue prior to opening thier stupid ignorant mouths.

This whole situation is a goddomn shame.
    •   

4. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leggo my Ego View Post
    Wow. He handled himself incredibly well in that interview... alot better than I would have. My blood was boiling just watching that nonsense (maybe it was roid rage).
    what a fcuking b!tch!!! ya i was havin a rage watchin that for sure. steroids this and steroids that and all these ppl die from steroids but lets overlook the fcuking cocaine addictions and all the other prescription drugs.

****ING WHORE!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf45 View Post
    ****ING WHORE!

Reps for you! LOL
  6. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    So i figured it out...........

The wife and son were killed by flying headbuts from the top rope, followed by a crippler cross-face. Anyway, I'm bummed about the family dying, but since I'm Mr Politically Incorrect, maybe his wife and son would be alive today if they'd just tapped out? It's all a storyline. He will re-emerge from the rafters during the first Raw of next year. The wife and kid are dead though. McMahon couldn't fit them into the storyline.
    you are fuked up!!! that is uncalled for a s s hole!
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    you are fuked up!!! that is uncalled for a s s hole!
    Yeah it's really not cool to joke about such a tragedy
  8. CDB

Yeah it's really not cool to joke about such a tragedy
    In the long term all things become the subject of humor. Therefore those of us who laugh now are actually ahead of our time.
  9. New Member

BAH, I give kudos to anyone who finds humor in tragedy. It's healthier. Why stress and feel like crap when you can laugh about it instead?
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

Don't get me wrong, I always find humor in ****ed up circumstances but dead wife and child... not very funny to me. My panties aren't all tangled in a wad or anything, just my $0.02
  11. CDB

Don't get me wrong, I always find humor in ****ed up circumstances but dead wife and child... not very funny to me. My panties aren't all tangled in a wad or anything, just my $0.02
    What if instead of Bibles he had dressed them in Bugs Bunny suits?
  12. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    In the long term all things become the subject of humor. Therefore those of us who laugh now are actually ahead of our time.
    lets see how ahead of your time you feel when the world
    sh1ts on you and everyone starts making fun of you when a tragedy happens to you, maybe you get AIDS or someone kills your family. Im sure you will feel soo ahead of you time when other a s s holes like yourself start making fun of your situation .. In the long term your a JERK!
  13. CDB

lets see how ahead of your time you feel when the world
    sh1ts on you and everyone starts making fun of you when a tragedy happens to you, maybe you get AIDS or someone kills your family. Im sure you will feel soo ahead of you time when other a s s holes like yourself start making fun of your situation .. In the long term your a JERK!
    Oh dear, I've been cursed and called a name on the internet! I feel so, so, so, Oh I don't know, unimpressed.

If you want to insult me, could you at least open a seperate thread? I'd like this one to remain open to discuss the topic and not see it closed because someone can't read and abide by the rules. And I never laughed harder than at my father's funeral, remembering good times with my brother and some of his friends. And he didn't exactly die pretty. That's how I am. If it offends you, I'm not the least bit sorry. Humor in the face of tragedy is indicative of strength.

I have to say giving them Bibles after their death is counterproductive. It was after all too late to cram for finals at that point.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

What if instead of Bibles he had dressed them in Bugs Bunny suits?
    Now that would be funny!
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

Humor in the face of tragedy is indicative of strength.
    I agree with that, so long as it isn't tactless. I'm sure your laughter at your father's funeral wasn't the response of a disrespectful or offensive joke which compromised or defamed his integrity or charactor.
  16. CDB

I agree with that, so long as it isn't tactless. I'm sure your laughter at your father's funeral wasn't the response of a disrespectful or offensive joke which compromised or defamed his integrity or charactor.
    Of course it was. Humor is cruel by nature.
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Wow this thread deteriorated quickly..It's obvious he was suffering some severe stress from his sons illness and his wife wanting him home more which probably caused depression and could of been enhanced by steroid use..There are no excuses for what he did but he just didnt wake up and everything was fine and a little voice in his head said kill your family and yourself today..You cant blame it on just steroids,but that is the hot button issue today look at major league baseball,balco,olympics ect so there fore the media will key on that...Alot of other wrestlers died from past steroid ABUSE and that is the key word abuse..If this was a family of someone here i dont think you would see the kind of insensitive post's...This is a very sad situation and i think you will find depression will play a huge factor when all is said and done and it's nothing to laugh about and believe me I would know..
  18. CDB

You say deteriorated, I say the ability to laugh and maintain an even keal in the face of tragedy is what makes people strong. Public blubbering is something I can't stand. And some of us just have different views of what death means and its context in our lives.

"No one gets out alive, Doc."
    -Al Swearengen

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN View Post
    Wow this thread deteriorated quickly..It's obvious he was suffering some severe stress from his sons illness and his wife wanting him home more which probably caused depression and could of been enhanced by steroid use..There are no excuses for what he did but he just didnt wake up and everything was fine and a little voice in his head said kill your family and yourself today..You cant blame it on just steroids,but that is the hot button issue today look at major league baseball,balco,olympics ect so there fore the media will key on that...Alot of other wrestlers died from past steroid ABUSE and that is the key word abuse..If this was a family of someone here i dont think you would see the kind of insensitive post's...This is a very sad situation and i think you will find depression will play a huge factor when all is said and done and it's nothing to laugh about and believe me I would know..
  19. Board Supporter

You say deteriorated, I say the ability to laugh and maintain an even keal in the face of tragedy is what makes people strong. Public blubbering is something I can't stand. And some of us just have different views of what death means and its context in our lives.

"No one gets out alive, Doc."
    -Al Swearengen

making distastefull jokes at someone else's expense doesnt make you strong it just lets everyone else see your insecurity, weakness, lack of understanding, lack of respect, lack of integrity, lack of courtesy...i can go on and on.
    If it was your family that you are making fun of it might be different.

you think laughing in the face of tragedy makes a person strong... I'd hate to be you
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Humor in the face of tragedy is indicative of strength.
    To me in indicative of coping in a way that allows you to stay sane but it should still be done in a manner that fits the surroundings. Remembering that others mourn in different ways is just being respectful even if you do it in a much different way.
  21. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Yeah, he did. I especially like the part where he said," I don't know if any of that is true..... and neither do you."
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    ..... and neither do you."
    Yeah, she didn't like that, did she
  23. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Yeah, she didn't like that, did she
    Nope, not at all.... made me laugh.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

24. CDB

making distastefull jokes at someone else's expense doesnt make you strong it just lets everyone else see your insecurity, weakness, lack of understanding, lack of respect, lack of integrity, lack of courtesy...i can go on and on.
    If it was your family that you are making fun of it might be different.

you think laughing in the face of tragedy makes a person strong... I'd hate to be you
    I'd hate it if you were me too. I like having balls and a different outlook where death isn't something to be feared like the boogey man.
  25. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    To me in indicative of coping in a way that allows you to stay sane but it should still be done in a manner that fits the surroundings. Remembering that others mourn in different ways is just being respectful even if you do it in a much different way.
    I likely wouldn't make jokes in front of his family out of respect for this very fact. The AM message board might be considered a little looser venue.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

No doubt.
  27. Banned

Espn has a new cover story on this, and it is still somewhat surreal. Just from a parents perspective, it seems odd. The more they discuss Benoits suicide it seems very well thought out. Basically using a lat pull down and tying it, then releasing 240lbs. I wonder if he had thought this out more than we know?
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Wow. I kinda expected to see some bad responses. Seems CDB took the fall rather than me. CDB and I have similiar views i think. I pity and mourned the situation but im not gonna sit here and stay all sad about a tragic situation when tragedies happen all the time. So another famous person gets his story out there and everyone follows in closely like its some kind of sitcom. So i guess i cracked a 'tasteless' joke on a sad matter....im so heartless. So if you see a homeless person begging for food, do you feed him? you dont take him to a buffet? youre heartless!!!! lol. come on boys...whats done is done i dont feel like i should take the statement back or apologize, I know where i stand. Its a unfortunate event simple as that. Ive been laughed at in my miserable moments as well, no biggie. Im still breathing and it makes me stronger to be pushed passed the norm, by me, and by others.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

Wow. I kinda expected to see some bad responses. Seems CDB took the fall rather than me. CDB and I have similiar views i think. I pity and mourned the situation but im not gonna sit here and stay all sad about a tragic situation when tragedies happen all the time. So another famous person gets his story out there and everyone follows in closely like its some kind of sitcom. So i guess i cracked a 'tasteless' joke on a sad matter....im so heartless. So if you see a homeless person begging for food, do you feed him? you dont take him to a buffet? youre heartless!!!! lol. come on boys...whats done is done i dont feel like i should take the statement back or apologize, I know where i stand. Its a unfortunate event simple as that. Ive been laughed at in my miserable moments as well, no biggie. Im still breathing and it makes me stronger to be pushed passed the norm, by me, and by others.
    No sweat, bro.
  30. Board Supporter

what you just said makes sense, i just dont see how CDB thinks you become a stronger person when you make fun of someone else's misfortunes. There is nothing good about making fun of a mom and her kid geting murdered. Doing something like that and thinking your cool just brings out your trashy character. Facing tragedy and not letting it have a negative affect on you.. that is strength. Laughing and making distastfull jokes about a tragedy is cowardly. There is a thing called RESPECT,
    sure this is a forum and people say what they want and thats fine.. i just come from a background where respect is a big thing and it just irritates me when i see someone show utter disrespect about something then try to convince people that disrespect = strength and people actually believeing that garbage!
  31. Board Supporter

I'd hate it if you were me too. I like having balls and a different outlook where death isn't something to be feared like the boogey man.
    i never said i feared death.... i dont know where you got that from, i guess you couldnt thing of anything to say because i called you out and now you have to make up more silly comments.

The only thing i fear is God and thats it.

The fact is you have no balls, all the steroids you take shrunk them and now your living in denial.
  32. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by Totality View Post
    Espn has a new cover story on this, and it is still somewhat surreal. Just from a parents perspective, it seems odd. The more they discuss Benoits suicide it seems very well thought out. Basically using a lat pull down and tying it, then releasing 240lbs. I wonder if he had thought this out more than we know?
    I wonder if he entered it into his workout log first.
  33. CDB

Ive been laughed at in my miserable moments as well, no biggie. Im still breathing and it makes me stronger to be pushed passed the norm, by me, and by others.
    Exactly. It used to be a quintissential trait of Americans that no matter how bad things got they could laugh and crack a joke. Now everyone's all serious all the time. Life is not that serious. Wacky and tragic **** happens. If you have to sit there and mourn each event as if your mother just got axed, you'll go nuts.
  34. CDB

i never said i feared death.... i dont know where you got that from, i guess you couldnt thing of anything to say because i called you out and now you have to make up more silly comments.
    You fear it because you can't laugh at it. Everyone dies, some worse than others.

The only thing i fear is God and thats it.
    God is a *****,

The fact is you have no balls, all the steroids you take shrunk them and now your living in denial.
    Nope, they're full and active, happy to tell you. I'm just not looking to throw on a black suit and mournful face for every fly that gets swatted in this world. Sue me. I'm with George Carlin, you can joke about anything. And public mourning is fake BS in my opinion. The world has to stop while everyone who experiences a loss plants a white cross on the road and then goes on Oprah to get 'closure'. Nobody takes the punch anymore and just moves on with their life. To me that's a lot more of a loss than anything a few tasteless jokes might add up to.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

God is a *****,
    Now that is what i call HILLARIOUS!
  36. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

You fear it because you can't laugh at it. Everyone dies, some worse than others.

God is a *****,

Nope, they're full and active, happy to tell you. I'm just not looking to throw on a black suit and mournful face for every fly that gets swatted in this world. Sue me. I'm with George Carlin, you can joke about anything. And public mourning is fake BS in my opinion. The world has to stop while everyone who experiences a loss plants a white cross on the road and then goes on Oprah to get 'closure'. Nobody takes the punch anymore and just moves on with their life. To me that's a lot more of a loss than anything a few tasteless jokes might add up to.
    well said. can we just leave this alone and get back to the thread topic now?
  37. Board Supporter

Update on Benoit tragedy

Tox reports came in today:

Credit - Richard Gray, WrestlingNewsWorld.com

The press conference begins with District Attorney Scott Ballard briefing the public on the case. He says that today we are here to talk about one component of the investigation and that is the toxicology results.

Ballard hands the podium over to a doctor who says that they found Hydrocodone and Xanax in the system of Nancy Benoit. The doctor says that the levels were at therapeutic levels and she had a 0.184 blood alcohol level. However, he says that they are unable to tell if she had drank alcohol because the blood alcohol level was due to the decomposition process of her body.

Daniel Benoit had Xanax at elevated levels in his system. It is their opinion that Daniel was sedated prior to the time he was murdered.

Chris Benoit's system was positive for Xanax and Hydrocodone. Both were at therapeutic levels. The only steroid found in Benoit's system was testosterone. It was found in elevated levels which indicate that he was taking it prior to his death.

No evidence of GHB in any of the three bodies.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

Very interesting... I wonder if they're gonna demonize testosterone in the same light as the were "steroids" (now that we know it was just test and not something a little more taboo like tren, anadrol or the likes)
  39. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Benoit’s body contained 10 times the normal level of testosterone.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

http://www.comcast.net/sports/index....vqh=itn_benoit

DECATUR, Ga. - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had a steroid and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month and hanged himself in the family's home, investigators said Tuesday.

Benoit's body contained 10 times the normal level of testosterone, as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, authorities said.

The testosterone, a synthetic version of the primary male sex hormone, is considered an anabolic steroid. The state's top medical examiner said it appeared to have been injected shortly before Benoit died.

Dr. Kris Sperry said there was no evidence of any other steroids in the wrestler's body, and nothing to show that steroids played a role in the death of Nancy and Daniel Benoit. He also said the boy appeared to have been sedated when he was asphyxiated, and Benoit's wife had a "therapeutic" level of sedatives in her body.

Sperry said there is no consensus that the use of testosterone can contribute to paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

"This a question that basically no one knows the answer to," Sperry said. "There is conflicting scientific data as to whether or not testosterone creates mental disorders or leads to outbursts of rage," he said. "There's data that suggests it and other data that refute it."

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Benoit tested negative for alcohol.

Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son, placed Bibles next to their bodies and then hanged himself on the cable of a weight machine. After the slayings, prescription anabolic steroids were found in the family's home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings.

Benoit's wife, Nancy, tested positive for Xanax, hydrocodone and the painkiller hydromorphone. Daniel Benoit had Xanax in his system, authorities said.

The GBI said it could not perform tests for steroids or human growth hormones on the boy because of a lack of urine.

Federal authorities have charged Benoit's personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin, with improperly prescribing painkillers and other drugs to two patients other than Benoit. He has pleaded not guilty.

Investigators have also raided Astin's office several times since the deaths, seizing prescription records and other documents.

Before he was charged, Astin told the AP he prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.

World Wrestling Entertainment last screened Benoit for steroids in April. It said the results released Tuesday were proof Benoit did not test positive for illegal substances.

"All it means is that scientifically, it's now known that sometime between April 10 and when he died, he had treatment with testosterone," said Jerry McDevitt, a WWE attorney. "That's all it establishes."

Similar Forum Threads

1. chris benoit
    By ms84 in forum Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 03:04 PM
  2. Chris Benoit found dead alongside family
    By Siznoyton in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 12:17 PM
  3. Chris Benoit found dead
    By CNizz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 01:01 PM
  4. Strange Mutant Beast Found Dead in Maine
    By BigVrunga in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 11:34 PM
  5. Slobodan Milosevic found dead in cell!!!
    By LakeMountD in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 09:11 AM