Lebron James

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
48 Points

29 of the last 30 points for the Cavs

The last 25 points for the Cavs

In the Fourth Quarter and OT's - 11/14 field goals

Lebron James is NOW on Michael Jordan's Level.

Simply Amazing! One of the most entertaining performances I have ever seen in any sporting event I have ever watched.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
48 Points

29 of the last 30 points for the Cavs

The last 25 points for the Cavs

In the Fourth Quarter and OT's - 11/14 field goals

Lebron James is NOW on Michael Jordan's Level.

Simply Amazing! One of the most entertaining performances I have ever seen in any sporting even I have ever watched.
That was a helluva a game, the kind of play-off game we crave as fans !

He's no doubt an awesome force and may even reach Jordanesque status one day but I think that's premature at this point. Series ain't over and the Pistons are capable of coming back. What if they get their heads handed to them on a silver platter by the Spurs if they go on ? Would he still be on Jordan's level ?

Let's not forget that Jordan won back-to-back-to-back titles on TWO separate occasions. LeBron hasn't won 1 yet so let's wait a while and see what happens before we put King James on MJ's level :)

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
That was a helluva a game, the kind of play-off game we crave as fans !

He's no doubt an awesome force and may even reach Jordanesque status one day but I think that's premature at this point. Series ain't over and the Pistons are capable of coming back. What if they get their heads handed to them on a silver platter by the Spurs if they go on ? Would he still be on Jordan's level ?

Let's not forget that Jordan won back-to-back-to-back titles on TWO separate occasions. LeBron hasn't won 1 yet so let's wait a while and see what happens before we put King James on MJ's level :)
Good call IW. I was just so jacked up to see a performance like that I was talking out of my ass. He hasn't reached the level of MJ yet......but I do believe the potential is there. MJ did this on many occasions, and yes won 6(i think) championships. And while I do think that Detroit can still win this serious, and I DO think that the Spurs will own them IF they make it to the finals, lets not forget that Lebron is only 22 years old. His legacy has just begun. Who knows what this kid is going to accomplish.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Good call IW. I was just so jacked up to see a performance like that I was talking out of my ass. He hasn't reached the level of MJ yet......but I do believe the potential is there. MJ did this on many occasions, and yes won 6(i think) championships. And while I do think that Detroit can still win this serious, and I DO think that the Spurs will own them IF they make it to the finals, lets not forget that Lebron is only 22 years old. His legacy has just begun. Who knows what this kid is going to accomplish.
Yes, the potential is there. He is a phenom and it's unbelievable that the dude is 22, he looks older then me and I'm 26 LOL. Just imagine what he could do with a guy like Kevin Garnett to support him ! I'd try to pull that deal if I were the Cavs ASAP.

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
Yes, the potential is there. He is a phenom and it's unbelievable that the dude is 22, he looks older then me and I'm 26 LOL. Just imagine what he could do with a guy like Kevin Garnett to support him ! I'd try to pull that deal if I were the Cavs ASAP.
haha, yeah that would be a special combination.....KG is still fairly young as well. That could have a lasting impact on the NBA for years.

Speaking of superstars finding a new home, I have been hearing that Kobe could potentially be headed to the Bulls.....being from Illinois, this is getting me excited!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The game was awesome. LJ defenitly silenced some critics with that performance last night. Got me watching the games with almost as much anticipation as with D. Wades run in the finals last year. Those two are going to be exciting to watch for a long time.

On a side note, Kobe's not going no where. To expensive and to hot a product for LA to give up.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bird,magic,jorden now Lebron that was simply amazing he said jump on my shoulders boyz I will take you toth promise land...Im rooting for him

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That behind the back dribble pull up was sweet.

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lebron is a phenom, but before I can compare him to Magic, Bird or Jordan heneeds to finish the deal

Skyblue

Skyblue

Awards
NOBODY will ever, EVER be as good as jordan. simple. call me retarded, but its not gonna happen. he was just godly.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NOBODY will ever, EVER be as good as jordan. simple. call me retarded, but its not gonna happen. he was just godly.
Even if there was someone to come along who was just as good if not better(Kobe gets a lot of applause for being a stronger player then Jordan by many of the professionals). The fact that he did what he did when there was no one to compare it too, will always set him and his legacy apart. People tell Lebron, "Come on man, when you gonna Jordan up". MJ never got the " When are you turning into Julius Erving" hype like him. So in that regards it's practically impossible to emmulate another Jordan.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lebron's going to the finals.

Jordan was and always will be the man in my eyes but leading a team with not a gang of talent to the finals after only a couple years in the NBA is similiar to jordan's footsteps. I havent watch one full game in these playoffs but ive heard the news and seen some highlights. For the record I hate the spurs unless they are playing the lakers lol. Im gonna be rooting for James and the Cavs to take it. If they do it that will give james ALOT of credit to dispose of the spurs.....well see.

Skyblue

Skyblue

Awards
yea thats true, but just the way jordan played, he played to win, and even though most good players do play to win, jordan was king.
KING 4 ETERNITY

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So who you got or who you want in the finals... I got spurs in 5 but I want cavs in 4.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Agreed but u can't forget Jordan was surrounded by league leaders in his Bulls team, Pippen,rodman etc. Unfortunately the Cavs don't have that support for LBJ.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed but u can't forget Jordan was surrounded by league leaders in his Bulls team, Pippen,rodman etc. Unfortunately the Cavs don't have that support for LBJ.
that was only for the last years. think about bill cartright, john paxson, bj armstrong, not that good of a cast. not to mention pippen was nothing special until jordan made him a good player imo. back to lebron?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see a lot of the same occuring in the cavs what with gibson, goodin, Ilgauskas(sp) kind of increasing the gams. Not saying they'll achieve Armstrong, pippen, or paxston status but who knows.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
that was only for the last years. think about bill cartright, john paxson, bj armstrong, not that good of a cast. not to mention pippen was nothing special until jordan made him a good player imo. back to lebron?
Remember when they used to say Pippen was the 2nd best player in the league???!!! oddly his play dropped off sans Jordan.

Skyblue

Skyblue

Awards
pretty soon its gonna be air skyblue. just wait kids.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That will make for some interesting shoes.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
True, true.... but then again Jordan never had a big man either.:think:
Bill Cartright played very well for the 91-93 Bulls.

and what about the triple threat of Luc Longley,Bill Wennington and
that other guy!:blink:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

i had to run a search....haha. Will Perdue!

jordan had some three point shooters always too, BJ Armstrong, John Paxson, Craig Hodges and Kerr.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established

Luc Longley...our best export......now lets see if Bogut can do something.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Andrew Gaze was the best player out of Austrailia but only played maybe 5 games in the NBA.
i hope ur joking. Gaze was rubbish outside of australia. he was like 6'10 and still couldnt dunk.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well actually i just remember playing him in a Sega Genesis Olympic Basketball game and he would light it up! haha. I dont think he was 6'10 maybe 6'6 or so....I guess i never watched him play but heard his name so much. If you dont think he was good then that doesnt say much for Aussie basketball....

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
If you dont think he was good then that doesnt say much for Aussie basketball....
Agreed..............the starting line up from most NBL teams is american exports who couldnt make it to the NBA after their college careers.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

No where near the league of Tim Duncan which you eluded to early. But with Jordan, average big men where enough.

Bill Cartright did however have a beautiful shooting form though:)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No where near the league of Tim Duncan which you eluded to early. But with Jordan, average big men where enough.

lol at the cartwright form...

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established

Mostly I remember he had pointy elbows !

O

Oswizle

Awards
LeBron is the real deal...but he shouldnt even be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan or even Kobe....however if the Cavs dont get swept and actually win this thing...i might start comparing him...LeBron is mr Take it to the hole...if he can beat the Spurs with his J-Shot...then were talking he's Elite...dunking on everyone is nothing special..it looks nice...but nothing is like pulling up from distance and sinking it deep...

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LeBron is the real deal...but he shouldnt even be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan or even Kobe....however if the Cavs dont get swept and actually win this thing...i might start comparing him...LeBron is mr Take it to the hole...if he can beat the Spurs with his J-Shot...then were talking he's Elite...dunking on everyone is nothing special..it looks nice...but nothing is like pulling up from distance and sinking it deep...
Agreed, he's got a lot of potential just needs to work on that jay and hitting a higher percentage of FT. If he can perform in the finals like D-Wade did, then the league will be in a great spot. Still for some reason out of the current players, I think Wade has a better all around asthetic game comparable to Kobe.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
And that my friends is why Lebron is not as good as MJ. I believe James still needs more work.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And that my friends is why Lebron is not as good as MJ. I believe James still needs more work.
At only 22yrs of age, I'll have to agree with you on that. Don't forget the fact that he was up against the best defense in the league, so that performance last night wasn't all that surprising. In time though, I think games are going to be a lot more fun to watch in the NBA with the emergence of LB, D-Wade, and Kobe reaching his prime.

That Gibson kid is surprising a lot of people.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
At only 22yrs of age, I'll have to agree with you on that. Don't forget the fact that he was up against the best defense in the league, so that performance last night wasn't all that surprising. In time though, I think games are going to be a lot more fun to watch in the NBA with the emergence of LB, D-Wade, and Kobe reaching his prime.

That Gibson kid is surprising a lot of people.

Reason why I say this , yes obviously he is young, but he made a lot of mistakes that were on him. I cant count the number of times he got caught in the air with the ball in his hand. Also the time he was just looking at the ball when he dribbled right into the defender looked bad. He needed to pull up on a jumper to much, seemed like he had no range on any jumper he took. SA has a tough defense, but he could of played it a whole lot differently. Gibson needs to be a starter lead all cavs with 16 as a rookie, no FT attempts.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reason why I say this , yes obviously he is young, but he made a lot of mistakes that were on him. I cant count the number of times he got caught in the air with the ball in his hand. Also the time he was just looking at the ball when he dribbled right into the defender looked bad. He needed to pull up on a jumper to much, seemed like he had no range on any jumper he took. SA has a tough defense, but he could of played it a whole lot differently. Gibson needs to be a starter lead all cavs with 16 as a rookie, no FT attempts.
He defentily doesnt' have that aggressive mentality that alot of the greats develeped. His reliance on the pull up jay was a huge downfall on his part. He doesn't have that smooth jumpshot capablity that made them look so easy when MJ performed them(everyday). Maybe he'll develop that eventually, who knows. But when you have a defense bumping you everytime you have the ball in your hands and your force to play to a weakness then the game will never turn out good.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man, i can remember when michael was young and used to play 5on1. bulls used to lose 1st round but 5 guys couldnt stop him. then he got some help and decided a ring or 4 might be nice. the man made everyone around him better, just refused to loose. lebron is young, but he is no-where close.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with you. Not trying to be a **** at all, but you must've been in your diapers when Jordan began his run. Not only was Jordan the best as far as winning and making others better, but he was the most exciting athlete I've ever witnessed. I like Lebron a lot, and think he's got huge potential, but I don't see him having a career anywhere close to Jordan's.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man, i can remember when michael was young and used to play 5on1. bulls used to lose 1st round but 5 guys couldnt stop him. then he got some help and decided a ring or 4 might be nice. the man made everyone around him better, just refused to loose. lebron is young, but he is no-where close.
I agree with you on that t. Lebron is really good, and will get better. But for now and for excitement purposes I like watching Kobe and Dwade playing. Those guys have some serious aggressive talent.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have to agree with you. Not trying to be a **** at all, but you must've been in your diapers when Jordan began his run. Not only was Jordan the best as far as winning and making others better, but he was the most exciting athlete I've ever witnessed. I like Lebron a lot, and think he's got huge potential, but I don't see him having a career anywhere close to Jordan's.
i am 48, and got to catch wilt at the end of his career. saw bird and majic in their prime, and kareem when he was still lou. saw pistol pete at lsu, dont forget bill russell, clyde the glyde, jerry west and on ond on. michael jordan, is my pick.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that's a list of talent to see t. I would have loved to watch some of those players play in a live game.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Now that's a list of talent to see t. I would have loved to watch some of those players play in a live game.
some of the best bball ive ever seen was at assembly hall in bloomington, back in early 70's. one of my high school friend's dad had connections and got us tickets every now and then. bobby knight was one crazy mofo. the year iu knocked off ucla was a thrill for a poor ole country boy in indiana. seeing michael play in his youth was a treat i will never forget. i gotta say lebron is holding his own with todays talent, but to compare him to some of those guys is totally unrealistic. getting old is a pain, but at least i have my memories.