View Poll Results: Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • De La Hoya

    2 18.18%
  • Mayweather Jr.

    7 63.64%
  • I know nothing

    2 18.18%

Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr,

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

  1. First off, he fights super Middleweight...mayweahter and de la hoya fight welter...

    Thats like 20 lbs...

    •   
       


  2. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    First off, he fights super Middleweight...mayweahter and de la hoya fight welter...

    Thats like 20 lbs...
    Fair enough PI.......i swear thats what i read in the paper, about the winner fighting Calzaghe, a fe wmonths back anyway

  3. Mayweather always talks about going up in weight classes, and that's what he's doing with this fight, but 20lbs is a lot in boxing...

  4. Back in 2003 maybe watched De La Hoya and __I forget his name. After the fight he tested positive for steroids. I think the fight was stopped or it was a KO. watched it on payperview.

    I havnt ever seen Mayweather fight so I will pick the winner if I see the fight. Good idea on getting a few buddies together to order it. May the 5th Ocsar had been recently hitting the weights. his arms seemed to have gotten bigger than the last fight in saw around 2003. he could use some chest , upper chest, but he looks like he may have more power then 2003 or whatever year it was. He foght a spanish fellow I beleive.Young guy
    •   
       


  5. are you saying De La Hoya tested positive or the other guy?

    and who knocked out who?

  6. Found it...Fernando Vargus...and Winny...

    BOXING; Vargas Faults Drug Test - New York Times

  7. Thats who it was Fernando Vargus and winny. De la hoya still beat him and Vargus was younger, and more ripped. Vargus was dancing around and De was giving mostly power shots then out of no-where, almost like the Ali and Foreman fight , De out of no where came with speed that wasnt expected.That when the fight was stopped or a knockout. Cant remember

    Two days prior to the weigh in Vargus gained or lost, one or the other, like thirteen lbs

  8. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Found it...Fernando Vargus...and Winny...

    BOXING; Vargas Faults Drug Test - New York Times
    I remember Vargas looking real hard and seemed impervious to any pain, but De la Hoya peppered him with so many uncontested punches to his face that, the ref had to stop it in the 11th !

  9. In his prime, De La Hoya wins due to his tremendous skill,heart,determination and speed. But age is speeds' worst enemy..
    Today, PBF wins simply because he is very similar to De La Hoya when he was younger. And is IN his prime.

    Common opponent Arturo Gatti. Both pretty much erased him so it will be a fight.


  10. De La Hoya's heart and determination are just a media biproduct. He knows how to work a crowd and make himself look like a good guy. I'm not saying that he isn't, but he is put on such a pedistal. I think Mayweather has much more determination in ths fight. He is moving up in weight and thats the major difference.

    Floyd Mayweather Jr
    Sex Male
    Nationality US American
    Alias Pretty Boy
    Birth Name Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr.
    Global ID 000352
    Federal ID NV045572
    Hometown Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Birthplace Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Rated at Welterweight
    World Rank 1 / 1215
    Date of Birth 1977-02-24
    Age 30
    Reach 72''
    Stance Orthodox
    Height 5' 8
    Trainer Roger Mayweather
    Manager Self
    W 37 (24 ko's) | L 0 | D 0 | Total 37

    Oscar De La Hoya
    Sex Male
    Nationality US American
    Alias Golden Boy
    Global ID 008253
    Federal ID CA036576
    Hometown Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Birthplace Montebello, CA, USA
    Rated at Light Middleweight
    World Rank 2 / 995
    Date of Birth 1973-02-04
    Age 34
    Reach 73”
    Stance Orthodox
    Height 5' 10
    Trainer Freddie Roach
    Manager Self
    W 38 (30 ko's) | L 4 | D 0 | Total 42

    There is only a 4 year age difference there. Hoya has a reach advantage. Hoya has 5 more fights under his belt, which translate into one win and those 4 loses.

    Mayweather is at his peak. Hoya is just about to come off of that plateau. Hoya has fought more accomplished fighters than mayweather, but has lost to msot of them.

    I still can't find any reason to pick against the Pretty Boy.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    De La Hoya's heart and determination are just a media biproduct. He knows how to work a crowd and make himself look like a good guy. I'm not saying that he isn't, but he is put on such a pedistal. I think Mayweather has much more determination in ths fight. He is moving up in weight and thats the major difference.

    Floyd Mayweather Jr
    Sex Male
    Nationality US American
    Alias Pretty Boy
    Birth Name Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr.
    Global ID 000352
    Federal ID NV045572
    Hometown Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Birthplace Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Rated at Welterweight
    World Rank 1 / 1215
    Date of Birth 1977-02-24
    Age 30
    Reach 72''
    Stance Orthodox
    Height 5' 8
    Trainer Roger Mayweather
    Manager Self
    W 37 (24 ko's) | L 0 | D 0 | Total 37

    Oscar De La Hoya
    Sex Male
    Nationality US American
    Alias Golden Boy
    Global ID 008253
    Federal ID CA036576
    Hometown Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Birthplace Montebello, CA, USA
    Rated at Light Middleweight
    World Rank 2 / 995
    Date of Birth 1973-02-04
    Age 34
    Reach 73
    Stance Orthodox
    Height 5' 10
    Trainer Freddie Roach
    Manager Self
    W 38 (30 ko's) | L 4 | D 0 | Total 42

    There is only a 4 year age difference there. Hoya has a reach advantage. Hoya has 5 more fights under his belt, which translate into one win and those 4 loses.

    Mayweather is at his peak. Hoya is just about to come off of that plateau. Hoya has fought more accomplished fighters than mayweather, but has lost to msot of them.

    I still can't find any reason to pick against the Pretty Boy.
    From the looks of it...me either lol.

  12. I think Vegas has him at 3:1

  13. JIm Braddock beat Max Bear in a total underdog fight. Where theres a will theres a way..this fight will show who is more hungry. De la hoyas gonna get paid so thats no thing to him, but could still be hungry for unknown reasons.
    Mayweather could be hungry for whatever reason. @

    I will decide on the day on the contest who I choose to win by lookign at there body language, reading them, like a book=)

    In the Vargus, De la hoya fight I was for De but in this fight it could change , the day of the fight determines it

  14. You're a cheater... deciding who you're going to go with the day of the fight. Pfft...

  15. Quote Originally Posted by hill5673 View Post
    Common opponent Arturo Gatti. Both pretty much erased him so it will be a fight.

    Arturo Gatti - the human punching bag, "I thought I got points for bleeding"?

    De la Hoya is the best defensive fighter ever! he could go the whole fight without taking a punch, but he knows the crowd wants to see him bleed!

    I think there is more money on a second and third fight so De la Hoya in the upset !!!

  16. I watched a few shows last night on HBO I think about this whole thing. I really didn't care for the way Mayweather acted during the press conference. His Doc says he's tired of the way people portray Mayweather in the press because he's not like that in real life. I don't think he saw press conference. I really would like to see De la Hoya take him for that reason alone. I despise punkass showboaters. Maybe they should match Mayweather up with that crazy black dude in MMA, what's his name? The dude that does the back flips off of the ropes and has a totally unpredictable style. I want to see him talk sh1t about him.

    De la Hoya has his work cut out for him.

  17. may 5th at 4 pm right?
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Mach .78 View Post
    I watched a few shows last night on HBO I think about this whole thing. I really didn't care for the way Mayweather acted during the press conference. His Doc says he's tired of the way people portray Mayweather in the press because he's not like that in real life. I don't think he saw press conference. I really would like to see De la Hoya take him for that reason alone. I despise punkass showboaters. Maybe they should match Mayweather up with that crazy black dude in MMA, what's his name? The dude that does the back flips off of the ropes and has a totally unpredictable style. I want to see him talk sh1t about him.

    De la Hoya has his work cut out for him.

    A lot of that is for publicity. To help try and save the sport. Good guy vs. Bad guy. There is no way they could set De La Hoya up in that role. They tried once but it didn't work out.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    may 5th at 4 pm right?
    Yes sir!

  20. 50-cent bet 1 million on mayweather, crazy. Mayweather by decision.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    50-cent bet 1 million on mayweather, crazy. Mayweather by decision.
    wow i bet a hundred quid and im sweating!

  22. As soon as I get out of work, I'm putting 50 or 100 on mayweahter, Win-Decision or KO (5th)...I can't make up my mind.

  23. PBF will win the first 5 rounds, then Oscar will be too big, but his speed wont slow. i predict a TKO victory for DLH late, about round 9 or 10.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    50-cent bet 1 million on mayweather, crazy. Mayweather by decision.
    thats foolish. I guess he has the money to flaut, but its still follish/// hmm does that swya my decesion more to De ...lol who knows.....=)
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Pacquiao vs de la hoya?
    By riskerz in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 10:25 PM
  2. Manny Pacquiao vs. Oscar De La Hoya
    By flobot in forum MMA
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 11:04 PM
  3. Mayweather vs. De La Hoya
    By exnihilo in forum MMA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 09:13 PM
  4. Arturo Gatti vs Floyd Mayweather
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 08:57 PM
  5. De la Hoya get's KTFO
    By megadeth in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 04:27 AM
Log in
Log in