View Poll Results: Will the Toronto Maple Leafs make the playoffs?

Voters
6. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1 16.67%
  • No

5 83.33%
  • Maybe, I still have hope

0 0%

Will the Leafs make the playoffs?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.01%

Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

I sure as hell hope not. They have the worst management out of any sports team. Matts or Mat or Matt Sundin sucks ass, and possibly ****.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.01%

Its Mats and hes one of the top centers in the sport and one of the best ever. Check the stats ****o.
    •   

Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

Yeah, he is much better than Sid, the tampa duo and thorton, and every other 1st line centre in the western conference.

He gets a ton of ice time here, which is why he has good stats. Unfortunatly, the team has the worst players out of all teams. At least washington has ovechkin...

Also, the leafs make more money than detroit and colorado, so why is it that they never signed any decent free agents (when there was no cap). Oh yeah, thats right, they dont care about the team. I go to all leaf games because I have season tickets from my job. but i wouldnt pay a cent to see them.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.01%

I don't disagree with your feelings about the Leaf's management but we've obviously both been watching different Mats Sundins. And I wasn't refering to only this years stats, I'm talking about his career, after all he is getting older.

And if you need somebody to take those tickets off your hands I'd be happy to do so for a fair price.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.41%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rockhard_4eva View Post
    I sure as hell hope not. They have the worst management out of any sports team. Matts or Mat or Matt Sundin sucks ass, and possibly ****.
    I am sorry, but Mats Sundin will be in the Hall of Fame 5 years after he retires. He is still one of the 10 best centers in the NHL, despite being in his mid-30's. Plus, unlike most Euro's he still has an impact in the playoffs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

Okay fine, so Mats is pretty good. I come from Vancouver and I lived through a team that made it to the finals, sucked, and now are considered cup contenders. The leafs have been going downhill steadily and no major changes have been made.

Rodja, good luck with the CSCS - it is a major ***** now, but when i got it, it wasnt as difficult.

colindep, have you even been to a leafs game...and also are you involved in the food industry? I'm a regulatory affairs manager at Loblaws, and if you are in the industry, i will give you my tickets! The thing is, these tickets are for suites, so im usually sitting next to paramlat guys or nestle guys and chatting about bs.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.02%

Thumbs down

Sundin may be a good player, but the Leafs will never win the cup with him as captain. He doesn't play with the same heart or enthusiasm as Canadian players.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

Ottawa killed them, high 5
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.01%

Just wait for the rematch tonight. All the Leafs have to do tonight is finish on their chances. Wellwood is also back tonight, your in for a good game at the ACC. Unfortunately the only involvement I have in the food industry was my part-time job at Loblaws a few years ago so your going to have to hold on to the tickets and suffer through another game.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.48%

Nope they won't make the playoffs.

Why all the hating on Mats. He is an outstanding player, unfortunately he has never been given anyone to play with. Look at any of the other top teams and there are other players that provide significant contributions to there franchise player. That said the leafs should have traded Mats at the trade deadline. They need to rebuild, so might as well get something for him when he is worth something.

Agreed leaf management blows from a fan perspective, but this is a business first priority, and the Team pulls in tons of cash for the Teachers pension fund. So until ownership changes don't expect much. From Harold Ballard to the Teachers = sucks **** for leaf fans.
  12. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rockhard_4eva View Post
    Okay fine, so Mats is pretty good. I come from Vancouver and I lived through a team that made it to the finals, sucked, and now are considered cup contenders. The leafs have been going downhill steadily and no major changes have been made.

Rodja, good luck with the CSCS - it is a major ***** now, but when i got it, it wasnt as difficult.

colindep, have you even been to a leafs game...and also are you involved in the food industry? I'm a regulatory affairs manager at Loblaws, and if you are in the industry, i will give you my tickets! The thing is, these tickets are for suites, so im usually sitting next to paramlat guys or nestle guys and chatting about bs.

I'm in St.Cats and would love free Leafs tickets

Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

okay, that was a good game
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.01%

Alright, its all coming down to two games for the leafs. If they play Montreal for the 8th spot it will be one of the most exciting games in recent memory and bring some of you oldies back to the glory days.

GO LEAFS GO!!
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.48%

Now that the leafs screwed up last night they have to worry about the Isles as well. If the Isles win out and and the leafs win on Saturday, then the Isles get through based on season series. Retards, they looked like **** last night, are they trying to make the playoffs or what?
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.01%

Gotta keep the faith. The Isles won't beat the devils on Sunday and who knows, maybe the flyers will do us a favor.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.48%

Faith! I have no faith in this team . I hope they lose and don't make the playoffs. Maybe then the Teachers Pension fund will sell there shares knowing they aren't making as much of a profit, then someone who gives a crap about hockey will move in.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

The Hockey Gods wont let the Islanders Lose.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

Always have faith in the hockey gods my sons. I was tested with a NJ goal with 1 second left in the 3rd, but I kept my faith and Maple Leaf Sports loses a ton of money.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.01%

Your hockey gods are ****ing *******s. At least now they might dump Ferguson.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

They should get rid of Ferguson. Unfortunately, Torono will take several years before they can get back in the playoff picture - they have a lot of rebuiding to do. Perhaps they can sign a ****ty defenceman for 5 million a year.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
  2. which company will make the following preworkout
    By redman24 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 04:53 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 02:17 PM
  4. Why the Leafs will suck in '07-'08
    By rockhard_4eva in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 0