Favorite Fighter in NHL the Last 30 Years

1. www.bestpricenutrition.co m
    Board Sponsor

Favorite Fighter in NHL the Last 30 Years

...maybe I should rephrase the title. If you follow hockey, we all know Bob Probert is probably the best, in terms of volume and dominance. He made quick work of Wendel Clark, Gary Nylund( ouch!), Bobby McGill, even beat Dave Brown in Brownies prime ( was in prime in 1st stint in Philly and Edmonton...Probie got him good in Edmonton), and had epic battles with McSorley and Domi. Behn Wilson was another one who was big, and had a mean streak. Wilson beat guys like Terry O' Reilly and Clark Gillies even...and when he came to the Hawks he carried ove that mean streak and showed he was a solid offensive defenseman as well. Unlike Probie though, Wilson sometimes looked disinterested some nights. other nIghts, he was "in the mood", and look out! I met these 2 guys and think they're about as classy as it comes off the ice,
    My favorite NHL tough guys? Of the past: Al "Rocky" Secord, Dave "Charlie" Manson, Curt Fraser , Stu "Grim Reapor" Grimson, Wilson, Probie, and Ryan Vandenbusche. All could go with ANYONE, ANYTIME.

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Terry OReily and Stan Johnathan Boston Bruins
  3. www.bestpricenutrition.co m
    Board Sponsor

Jonathen was exciting! Im only 33 years old, but Ive seen alot via tape....little guy who fought like a heavyweight.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnz View Post
    Jonathen was exciting! Im only 33 years old, but Ive seen alot via tape....little guy who fought like a heavyweight.

He was this little short guy,but I saw he beat the piss out of this big Montreal Canadien I mean he kicked his ass..

Some classic battles was Wayne Cashman Bostom Bruins VS Keith Magnussen Chicago Blackhawks..Im showing my age 48
  5. www.bestpricenutrition.co m
    Board Sponsor

Ha! That was heyday stuff there! Dereck Sanderson was a toughie for the Bruins too...I only know about him because he's been the Bruins announcer for along time, and I'd see him when we had a dish to see the Hawks home games.
    Jay Miller was a tough Bruin who was a really good fighter. I liked Cam Neely! Wish he fought more then he did....he was a Secord type of player that I like: Skill and toughness.
  6. Registered User

What no Tie Domi?
  7. Registered User

Probert, Domi, Nick Fotiu
  8. Running with the Big Boys

Dave "anybody even skates near Bobby Clarke is getting a beating" Schultz! He had a local hit song "Penalty Box" He used to smoke on the bench!..ahh the 70's Broad Street Bullies forever!!!
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino View Post
    Dave "anybody even skates near Bobby Clarke is getting a beating" Schultz! He had a local hit song "Penalty Box" He used to smoke on the bench!..ahh the 70's Broad Street Bullies forever!!!
    The Hammer!!!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  10. Registered User

Bobo how did you get the YouTube video in the post I tried the embedded link it did not work.
  11. Registered User

Wendel Clark not getting any love. He was a tough son of a gun before injuries took over.

12. www.bestpricenutrition.co m
    Board Sponsor

Clark was a toughie...they brieflt showed a fight in that video that he had with Behn Wilson. Wilson let him have it as the fight went on, as did Probert...but I understand their selectivity in cutting away in this clip. Bob McGill beat the snot out of him in '90 at the Stadium. But Clark won more then he lost...he knocked out Jack O' Callahan pretty bad in Chicago, I remember. He and Manson always had a history of almost going, but it never happened. Would have loved to see it, for a young Manson I believe would have dome well in that fight. IN '89, the Hawks and Leafs had a doozy of a brawl in Toronto, that had Dave Manson jumping to the aid of Dennis Savard, who was fighting Gary Leeman. Manson jumped over and knocked down the linesmen as he was about to break it up, and whaled away on Leeman. Clark was trying to jump over the boards to get at Manson ( I think that wouldve been a mistake on Clarks part, for Manson was really wound up there....but Clarks a team guy and wanted at him), and of all people, the late John Kordic was holding Clark back!
    The mention of Nicky Fotiu was a good one. He was an amateur boxer, like Al Secord was.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 08:30 PM
  2. Best Bands of the last 25 years.
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 10:59 PM
  3. Military Losses over the last 20 years
    By RedwolfWV in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 12:56 AM
  4. Who is the best HW boxer in the last 25 years?
    By jas123 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 05:36 PM
  5. Best rookie in the last three years?
    By colindep in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 06:37 PM