Poll: The best rookie of the last three years.

Best rookie in the last three years?

  1. Best rookie in the last three years?


    Who is the best young hockey player to join NHL in last three years?


  2. I amazed you chose Kyle Welwood over Dion Phaneuf for example. IMO, Welwood is not even sniffing that list at the moment, you must be a Leafs fan..

    Anyway, Crosby, I feel, has a superior overall skill set to Ovechkin and is the 'best' rookie on that list.

  3. Very close call between Ovechkin and Crosby. I had to go with Ovechkin due to his exciting style of play, and I'm from D.C.
    •   
       


  4. Crosby by far. Don't Get me wrong Ovechkin and stall are great players. But Pittsburgh is **** when Crosby doesn't play.

    Wellwood doesn't even deserve to be on this list. HAHA

  5. I went with Crosby, that kid is unbelievable.

  6. Wellwood? What about Newbury?

    haha.

    My vote goes to Crosby, he is the real deal.

    cc

  7. anzi kopitar!!!

    the young stars game should be good

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    I amazed you chose Kyle Welwood over Dion Phaneuf for example. IMO, Welwood is not even sniffing that list at the moment, you must be a Leafs fan..

    Anyway, Crosby, I feel, has a superior overall skill set to Ovechkin and is the 'best' rookie on that list.
    I'm a huge leafs fan and I'm not dillusional I just through him in for fun. I actually had Phaneuf on there before but nobody would vote for hime over Crosby.

  9. How about Kari Lehtonen of Atlanta? Young goaltending is a precious commodity and he is the best prospect in the league right now. He has a .912 Save% on a bad defensive team. He is the reason that Atlanta is leading their division (although Hossa is having a great year).

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    How about Kari Lehtonen of Atlanta? Young goaltending is a precious commodity and he is the best prospect in the league right now. He has a .912 Save% on a bad defensive team. He is the reason that Atlanta is leading their division (although Hossa is having a great year).
    That's true, though his production has not been consistent following Atlanta's great beginning run. Do you feel Lehtonen is/should be rated over Marc-Andre Fleury? I think MAF has been an integral part of Pittsburgh's success as well. Where was Lunqdvist?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    That's true, though his production has not been consistent following Atlanta's great beginning run. Do you feel Lehtonen is/should be rated over Marc-Andre Fleury? I think MAF has been an integral part of Pittsburgh's success as well. Where was Lunqdvist?
    Lehtonen got hurt the first game last season and they missed the playoffs because of it. He is healthy this year and they are 3rd in the east. Fleury played last season and they were one of the worst teams again, but this year, Gonchar, Crosby, and Malkin have been the major reason for their improved season.

  12. I went with Sid, but my vote would have gone to Phaneuf if I had the option.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    Lehtonen got hurt the first game last season and they missed the playoffs because of it. He is healthy this year and they are 3rd in the east. Fleury played last season and they were one of the worst teams again, but this year, Gonchar, Crosby, and Malkin have been the major reason for their improved season.
    Definitely, Malkin has been huge, and obviously as the league leader in points so too has been Crosby. However, Gonchar was there last year, as was an older but still effective Leclair, Lemieux for a time, Recchi, and Crosby (still ended up with over 100 let's remember) and Pittsburgh ended up horribly. Besides Malkin's 52 pts, the only real positive difference in the Penguins play has been MAF.

  14. I will leave with you like this. When Crosby doesn't play or get a point the Penguins haven't won. That is over 30 games, they lost cause Crosby wasn't apart of the offence in that game.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Definitely, Malkin has been huge, and obviously as the league leader in points so too has been Crosby. However, Gonchar was there last year, as was an older but still effective Leclair, Lemieux for a time, Recchi, and Crosby (still ended up with over 100 let's remember) and Pittsburgh ended up horribly. Besides Malkin's 52 pts, the only real positive difference in the Penguins play has been MAF.
    What I meant was that Gonchar had a terrible year, especially the first half, but this season has been much better. He is playing about 2 minutes more per game and his +/- is better than last year as well. You can also attribute the better defense to the maturation of Ryan Whitney and Brooks Orpik as well. Fleury has been important, but Lehtonen has Atlanta in the top 3 in the east.

  16. True, true. Maybe I'm just being biased because I am Canadian


  17. CROSBY! but thats only becuase I go to every game and live in Pittsburgh.

  18. kopitar is a good player, but nobody takes the cake like sid the kid

  19. I would have to say Sidney Crosby as well. He is one special hockey player.

  20. Gonna go with Sid the kid, the way he can dominate a game is absolutely awesome to watch. It's a shame in the "new" NHL that these kids in Pittsburgh will play out there rookie deals and move for the money....scary talent on that roster

    jecko

  21. People still watch this game called hockey? haha I was just becoming a big hockey fan untill the strike hit...haven't watched a game since.

  22. gotta go with crosby

  23. Quote Originally Posted by gators52 View Post
    People still watch this game called hockey? haha I was just becoming a big hockey fan untill the strike hit...haven't watched a game since.
    Hockey is the best sport on T.V. its too bad your missing out. You might want to re-evaluate your reason for not watching, hockey is more exciting now then its ever been. Alot of that has to do with players like Crosby and Ovechkin.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by colindep View Post
    Hockey is the best sport on T.V. its too bad your missing out. You might want to re-evaluate your reason for not watching, hockey is more exciting now then its ever been. Alot of that has to do with players like Crosby and Ovechkin.
    i think he is a golf fan - he wouldn't underatand, not everyone can be an athlete

  25. I voted for crosby the kid has skill and all the hype and pressure on this young man and he has not dissapointed his rookie year nhl needed him after the nasty labor dispute
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best players in the NFL draft
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 07:06 PM
  2. Best mass building supplement of the last few years
    By bookofface in forum Supplements
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 03:17 PM
  3. Best Bands of the last 25 years.
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 11:59 PM
  4. Who is the best HW boxer in the last 25 years?
    By jas123 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 06:36 PM
  5. Favorite Fighter in NHL the Last 30 Years
    By johnz in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Log in
Log in