Playoff picks

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.31%

Playoff picks

Seeing on how I'm 4-0 so far with my picks in the playoffs I'm going to go ahead and break it down how I think (or know) the playoffs will end.

Divisional Games

Seahawks vs. Bears

Bears are definatly going to win it. Seahawks are very hit or miss and have a tendency to play sloppy in big games. I just don't see them going much of anywhere. It will be a close game however seeing on how the bears don't have much of an offense.

Eagles vs. Saints

Saints are going to win it. Although I respect the fact that the eagles fought there way back into the playoffs they did have a fairly easy schedule this year. And when they played the giants and cowboys both teams had already crashed and burned. Let's be real here...saints are going to run all over them.

Chargers vs. Patriots

Chargers. No way are the patriots going to do it again this year. Good luck stopping the run.

Ravens vs. Colts

Ravens are going to have a good day. Colts are going to be at their all time low point. Expect alot of blitzing and a usually calm peyton to lose it due to the lack of pass protection.

Title Games:

NFC

Bears vs. Saints

Bears may have a defense but they're completely burned out now and will have no chance against drew brees and the saints. Saints will have a very good game. Rex grossman will throw one too many INT's

AFC (The real superbowl)

Chargers vs. Ravens

Ravens. Yea the chargers may have LT and philip rivers isn't too shabby but I can't take anyone seriously when they say the chargers will win. They ended there season against teams whom had already crashed and burned such as the chiefs and the broncos. I don't see how that makes them any better than the any other teams? They have had a few scenarios where they had to come behind by 3 touchdowns in the second half. Ok yea, they pulled back into the games and won it but against a defense like the ravens they will have no oppurtunity to. This game will either come down to the wire or will be a blowout. It's all up to the ravens on which way it goes.

Superbowl

Saints vs. Ravens

Well like I said the AFC is the real superbowl. With that said, Ravens.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.29%

of games remaining... (i'm a pats fan for the record)

AFC
    pats over chargers
    ravens over colts

Ravens over pats

NFC
    Chicago over eagles
    Seattle over NO

Seattle over bears

Ravens over seahawks in superbowl
  3. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.33%

Quote Originally Posted by TheCSWFighter
    Seeing on how I'm 4-0 so far with my picks in the playoffs I'm going to go ahead and break it down how I think (or know) the playoffs will end.

Divisional Games

Seahawks vs. Bears

Bears are definatly going to win it. Seahawks are very hit or miss and have a tendency to play sloppy in big games. I just don't see them going much of anywhere. It will be a close game however seeing on how the bears don't have much of an offense.

Eagles vs. Saints

Saints are going to win it. Although I respect the fact that the eagles fought there way back into the playoffs they did have a fairly easy schedule this year. And when they played the giants and cowboys both teams had already crashed and burned. Let's be real here...saints are going to run all over them.

Chargers vs. Patriots

Chargers. No way are the patriots going to do it again this year. Good luck stopping the run.

Ravens vs. Colts

Ravens are going to have a good day. Colts are going to be at their all time low point. Expect alot of blitzing and a usually calm peyton to lose it due to the lack of pass protection.

Title Games:

NFC

Bears vs. Saints

Bears may have a defense but they're completely burned out now and will have no chance against drew brees and the saints. Saints will have a very good game. Rex grossman will throw one too many INT's

AFC (The real superbowl)

Chargers vs. Ravens

Ravens. Yea the chargers may have LT and philip rivers isn't too shabby but I can't take anyone seriously when they say the chargers will win. They ended there season against teams whom had already crashed and burned such as the chiefs and the broncos. I don't see how that makes them any better than the any other teams? They have had a few scenarios where they had to come behind by 3 touchdowns in the second half. Ok yea, they pulled back into the games and won it but against a defense like the ravens they will have no oppurtunity to. This game will either come down to the wire or will be a blowout. It's all up to the ravens on which way it goes.

Superbowl

Saints vs. Ravens

Well like I said the AFC is the real superbowl. With that said, Ravens.
    well, you picked all the favored teams but ill bet at least 1 underdog is victorious. im thinking pats over chargers. 5th ranked D against the run can slow LT down and the lack of rivers playoff experience could be detrimental.

eagles vs saints should be close. philly has so much momentum and NO is not used to the playoff environment.

colts vs. ravens all depends on peyton manning and whether he can pick apart the ravens D.

chicago is hurting on D with harris and their safety sidelined. grossman has to have zero confidence after his zero QB rating. i can see seattle in a shocker.

i actually like all upsets this weeks! but if i had to pick one, belliceks scheme will come out on top over the superchargers.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.31%

I'm sticking with my picks but for each game there is ALOT of potential for an upset. Eagles only lost to the saints earlier in the season by 3 points and have had momentum going into the playoffs. Chicago is very burned out on defense and grossman shows no promise but the seahawks are also very hit or miss. Peyton has proved me wrong time and time again but that is just one game I don't see being an upset. However, colts have made mistakes and learned from them more than the ravens. It is a common thing in the NFL for teams on winning streaks to get over confident and stop paying attention to detail and then fall off. We saw this with the colts this year and the bears. Maybe now it's time for teams like the ravens and chargers to slip up.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TheCSWFighter
    It is a common thing in the NFL for teams on winning streaks to get over confident and stop paying attention to detail and then fall off. We saw this with the colts this year and the bears. Maybe now it's time for teams like the ravens and chargers to slip up.
    That holds true in the regular season, but this is the playoffs teams on a roll tend to stay on a roll Patriots(2003-2005) Steelers(2006)
    Eagles (2007)???????????????
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Right now I would bet on the Patriots to handle the Bears in the Super Bowl.
  7. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Right now I would bet on the Patriots to handle the Bears in the Super Bowl.
    the pats are +3 right now

ill take that anyday. for some reason, the pats seem to play better on the road. i was 4-0 last week picking all underdogs against the spread! maybe ill push my luck and play patriots money line
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk
    the pats are +3 right now

ill take that anyday. for some reason, the pats seem to play better on the road. i was 4-0 last week picking all underdogs against the spread! maybe ill push my luck and play patriots money line
    I'm personally going with the Pats too. IMO what separates the Patriots from others is that they have more killer instinct then the rest of their elite competition in the post-season. I'm not going to bet the money I usually bet though, just a little bet to make the game more fun

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help me pick my next ride! Poll!
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 04:42 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 06:22 PM
  3. Who's your early World Series pick ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 04:59 PM
  4. early superbowl picks
    By gosox in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 03:49 PM
  5. Couture vs. Ortiz this friday, your pick?
    By Beta BBer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 08:55 AM