Worl Juniors

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Worl Juniors


    Well looks liek the Canadians are off to a great start!


  2. The americans are a let down yet again. They were meant to do well, and they might get relegated to the B division.

    Go Canada.

  3. I love my country


    •   
       


  4. looks like its Canada vs Russia

    how unusual.

  5. But it's hockey...does America really even care?

  6. Why cause americans suck at hockey?

    If it makes you feel any better the yanks won the bronze

  7. either that or the fact that it's hockey...

  8. Typical answer.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel
    Typical answer.

    Touche

  10. Canada won.

    and its true, America does not produce the best hockey players.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron
    either that or the fact that it's hockey...
    I would state that Americans do not care however, America always cares about every sport on a bureaucratic level, even if not on a populus level. However, you guys do suck, plain and simple. I have to admit the attempts at the grassroots level (which emulates our program to a 'T') has produced some quality players, but still, you suck.

    And on the 'Yeah, but it's hockey'..Don't even get me started on Baseball man.

  12. baseball wins hands down....

    mullet, you just need to concede that the United STates is better then "North United States" where you come from....

  13. How did you guys do in the World Series of Baseball against Canada

  14. Pumping Iron, as your title states "Wanna-be Toughguy", you should then come to realize that possibly the toughest atheletes around are Hockey Players. Tough on many levels... not to mention it combines grace, skill, power, accuracy, strength, speed, reaction time.. .everything.. It is a great sport.. try playing it.

    Also, if you have this disdain for Hockey, why are you in the NHL forum?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    Pumping Iron, as your title states "Wanna-be Toughguy", you should then come to realize that possibly the toughest atheletes around are Hockey Players. Tough on many levels... not to mention it combines grace, skill, power, accuracy, strength, speed, reaction time.. .everything.. It is a great sport.. try playing it.

    Also, if you have this disdain for Hockey, why are you in the NHL forum?
    Agreed... but so does figure skating.... dont mean Im going to take a interest in fairys in tights!!!

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  16. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982
    Agreed... but so does figure skating.... dont mean Im going to take a interest in fairys in tights!!!

    Adams
    Last time I checked there aren't many 225lb figure skaters checking eachother at high speeds, nor have there been too many fights in figure skating.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron
    baseball wins hands down....

    mullet, you just need to concede that the United STates is better then "North United States" where you come from....
    Baseball is a decent sport but you cannot even compare the two in terms of the power, skill, accuracy, balance, speed, stamina, strength and pretty much every other attribute needed to be a quality athlete. As Ubi alluded to, Hockey players are probably the toughest athletes on the planet. Baseball and gritty performances are not synonymous terms.

    And in terms of the other thing, keep dreamin' son.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Last time I checked there aren't many 225lb figure skaters checking eachother at high speeds, nor have there been too many fights in figure skating.
    ****it combines grace, skill, power, accuracy, strength, speed, reaction time****

    Calm down... relax... start breathing... It was a joke. Not to mention hockey is one of my favorite sports. Well after American Football, Rugby, and baseball of course.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  19. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982
    ****it combines grace, skill, power, accuracy, strength, speed, reaction time****

    Calm down... relax... start breathing... It was a joke. Not to mention hockey is one of my favorite sports. Well after American Football, Rugby, and baseball of course.

    Adams
    Mine was said in jest as well chief. Maybe you should calm down, relax, and breathe?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Mine was said in jest as well chief. Maybe you should calm down, relax, and breathe?
    Haha... Now you see... thats what happens when you dont utilize the damn smilies. Wait... Wait... Here we go. Ooooppss... wrong one...

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    Pumping Iron, as your title states "Wanna-be Toughguy", you should then come to realize that possibly the toughest atheletes around are Hockey Players. Tough on many levels... not to mention it combines grace, skill, power, accuracy, strength, speed, reaction time.. .everything.. It is a great sport.. try playing it.

    Also, if you have this disdain for Hockey, why are you in the NHL forum?

    Just checking recent posts...

    Having trouble taking jokes Ubi?

  22. No, I'm trying to throw them out as much as possible friend, why do you ask?

  23. Canada won bc they have a high population? i mean the most money? i mean their the only one with the resources to play on ice surfaces? They won casue theyre the best plain and simple the tourney proved it. Next year is a new year and i hope to be proud of somthing going on here.

    hockey not only is fast, but requires to control an object with an object not as easy as say throwing a ball, compared to hitting said ball with another object. Furthermore hitting somthing and controlling and "dangling" is the next level of skill. Legal fighting, playing injured, insane speed, insane dexterity on blade of steel (awesome game lol), object controled object control, hittting, and the fact that you have to learn how to skate is a few good reasons to say hockey destroys baseball in terms of athlete skill. I think every team has what it takes to win canadas edge is heart and coaching.

  24. Thing is the US were considered one of the favorites coming into this years tournament.

  25. Canada won because hockey is their life. the country created hockey and they should be the best at it.

    just like the US created that horrible sport basketball and the US destroys everyone else at it.

    a lot of American players go to Canada to train for hockey for good reason.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    Canada won because hockey is their life. the country created hockey and they should be the best at it.

    just like the US created that horrible sport basketball and the US destroys everyone else at it.

    a lot of American players go to Canada to train for hockey for good reason.
    And oddly enough our National sport is Lacrosse.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    just like the US created that horrible sport basketball and the US destroys everyone else at it.
    James Naismith, a Canadian, created Basketball.

    James Naismith


    I'm just saying..

  28. damn...

  29. And the US doesn't destroy everyone at basketbal anymore.

    The Grassroots of development is gone, and now you have selfish players. Alot of countries have caught up. Look at home much most NBA teams spend on scouting outside of the US.

    Canada on the otherhand continues to develop rounded hockey athletes

  30. Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel
    And the US doesn't destroy everyone at basketbal anymore.

    The Grassroots of development is gone, and now you have selfish players. Alot of countries have caught up. Look at home much most NBA teams spend on scouting outside of the US.

    Canada on the otherhand continues to develop rounded hockey athletes

    Yup, the european clubs are amazing, and the NBA is talking about starting Teams over there.




    Lacrosse is Canada's National Sport, I never knew that...hmmmm...



    Oh, and I did like Blades of Steel, and Nintendo's Hockey, so don't think I'm completely against the sport..

  31. Lacrosse was the real official sport

    legislation changed into both hockey and lacrosse

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    Canada won because hockey is their life. the country created hockey and they should be the best at it.

    just like the US created that horrible sport basketball and the US destroys everyone else at it.

    a lot of American players go to Canada to train for hockey for good reason.
    Really, where abouts did the US finish in last years BBL World Championships??? times are a changing.....perhaps the yanks need to realise that they are not the best at everything. You can have American Football. No one else knows the rules for that fairy game anyway.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Australian made
    Really, where abouts did the US finish in last years BBL World Championships??? times are a changing.....perhaps the yanks need to realise that they are not the best at everything. You can have American Football. No one else knows the rules for that fairy game anyway.

    Canadians do!!! Guess who won the Junior American football championships last year

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Australian made
    Really, where abouts did the US finish in last years BBL World Championships??? times are a changing.....perhaps the yanks need to realise that they are not the best at everything. You can have American Football. No one else knows the rules for that fairy game anyway.

    Now lets not get started calling Football (and I'm not talking about soccer here) a fairy game.

    True, the NBA is lacking nowadays in world tourneys becuase of selfish play, and Europe and Asia are really picking up the pace, but calling Football and fairy game is just wrong...

    BTW, i know you're going to come back with how rugby is so much mroe intense and they don't wear pads and what not. But I really don't know the rules for it, though it does seem like a pretty cool sport. But the pads aren't really needed because the atheletes do not have the size and strength of football players...

    Also, London huh? Kricket anyone?



    ....Sorry if that comes off like I'm a ****. I probably am, but I just really like and respect football.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron
    Now lets not get started calling Football (and I'm not talking about soccer here) a fairy game.

    True, the NBA is lacking nowadays in world tourneys becuase of selfish play, and Europe and Asia are really picking up the pace, but calling Football and fairy game is just wrong...

    BTW, i know you're going to come back with how rugby is so much mroe intense and they don't wear pads and what not. But I really don't know the rules for it, though it does seem like a pretty cool sport. But the pads aren't really needed because the atheletes do not have the size and strength of football players...

    Also, London huh? Kricket anyone?



    ....Sorry if that comes off like I'm a ****. I probably am, but I just really like and respect football.
    Notice my name........Does it sound English to you. Rugby players have more guts and balls then any footballer in the NFL. hell i'm not even a rugby fan but those guys are mean buggers. US Football is a little on the pathetic side considering the size of the players.. those guys are friggin huge but guarantee you if the rules changed and the pads were taken off most would not step on the field. If its a mans game then play like it. Blood should be spilled! bones should be broken!

    jeez i sound like i'm having a real go here but im not really. i've met some quality yanks on my travels. i just think that those guys get paid far too much and walk around like they are king **** when they don't really put in half the effort that a lot of other sports star have to go through....number one rugby league player in Australia earns about $250k USD a season. now how many NFL players earn that in a week?

  36. Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel
    Canadians do!!! Guess who won the Junior American football championships last year
    haha my bad...apologies.

  37. Trying to compare toughness of Rugby and football seems kinda ridiculous to me. But whatever floats your boat, these athletes are both tough and extremely talented,and there is no taking away from that.

    As for worrying about how much they make, they can make that much cause the market dictates it. You have to be kidding yourself if you think the Rugby players wouldn't take that kinda coin if the opportunity was there. But right now it isn't.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel
    Trying to compare toughness of Rugby and football seems kinda ridiculous to me. But whatever floats your boat, these athletes are both tough and extremely talented,and there is no taking away from that.

    As for worrying about how much they make, they can make that much cause the market dictates it. You have to be kidding yourself if you think the Rugby players wouldn't take that kinda coin if the opportunity was there. But right now it isn't.
    of course they would take it..... but those figures will never be available to them. Australian sport has salary caps. its stops things getting out of control like the salaries in US sports. We play sorts because we enjoy the game, not because its allows us to buy a new Bently every week and some ridiculous gold chains.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Australian made
    of course they would take it..... but those figures will never be available to them. Australian sport has salary caps. its stops things getting out of control like the salaries in US sports. We play sorts because we enjoy the game, not because its allows us to buy a new Bently every week and some ridiculous gold chains.

    The NFL probably has one of the Best Salary caps in place. Again you are comparing a market in Australia probably 100th the size of the US. So comparing salarys in a business like the NFL which probably pulls in Revenues world wide 100's of times more then Rugby.
    It is a trickle down effect. Owners make more bank, and eventually more bank will trickle down to the players.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron
    Now lets not get started calling Football (and I'm not talking about soccer here) a fairy game.

    True, the NBA is lacking nowadays in world tourneys becuase of selfish play, and Europe and Asia are really picking up the pace, but calling Football and fairy game is just wrong...

    BTW, i know you're going to come back with how rugby is so much mroe intense and they don't wear pads and what not. But I really don't know the rules for it, though it does seem like a pretty cool sport. But the pads aren't really needed because the atheletes do not have the size and strength of football players...

    Also, London huh? Kricket anyone?



    ....Sorry if that comes off like I'm a ****. I probably am, but I just really like and respect football.


    You talk **** about another country's pasttime yet your panties are thoroughly twisted when someone calls Football ghey?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 01:46 AM
  2. NPC Junior Nationals
    By mindgame in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
  3. Junior Silva vs Ricco Rodriguez
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 08:54 PM
  4. Junior Nationals Coverage
    By Wendy21 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:35 AM
  5. junior hockey
    By hckykrt91 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Log in
Log in