Worl Juniors

brades brigade

Awards
Well looks liek the Canadians are off to a great start!

IainDaniel

Awards
The americans are a let down yet again. They were meant to do well, and they might get relegated to the B division.

Go Canada. :D

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
looks like its Canada vs Russia

how unusual.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
But it's hockey...does America really even care?

IainDaniel

Awards
Why cause americans suck at hockey?

If it makes you feel any better the yanks won the bronze :p

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
either that or the fact that it's hockey...

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
Canada won.

and its true, America does not produce the best hockey players.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
either that or the fact that it's hockey...
I would state that Americans do not care however, America always cares about every sport on a bureaucratic level, even if not on a populus level. However, you guys do suck, plain and simple. I have to admit the attempts at the grassroots level (which emulates our program to a 'T') has produced some quality players, but still, you suck.

And on the 'Yeah, but it's hockey'..Don't even get me started on Baseball man.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
baseball wins hands down....

mullet, you just need to concede that the United STates is better then "North United States" where you come from....

IainDaniel

Awards
How did you guys do in the World Series of Baseball against Canada :p

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Pumping Iron, as your title states "Wanna-be Toughguy", you should then come to realize that possibly the toughest atheletes around are Hockey Players. Tough on many levels... not to mention it combines grace, skill, power, accuracy, strength, speed, reaction time.. .everything.. It is a great sport.. try playing it.

Also, if you have this disdain for Hockey, why are you in the NHL forum?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pumping Iron, as your title states "Wanna-be Toughguy", you should then come to realize that possibly the toughest atheletes around are Hockey Players. Tough on many levels... not to mention it combines grace, skill, power, accuracy, strength, speed, reaction time.. .everything.. It is a great sport.. try playing it.

Agreed... but so does figure skating.... dont mean Im going to take a interest in fairys in tights!!! :icon_lol:

Adams

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed... but so does figure skating.... dont mean Im going to take a interest in fairys in tights!!! :icon_lol:

Adams
Last time I checked there aren't many 225lb figure skaters checking eachother at high speeds, nor have there been too many fights in figure skating.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
baseball wins hands down....

mullet, you just need to concede that the United STates is better then "North United States" where you come from....
Baseball is a decent sport but you cannot even compare the two in terms of the power, skill, accuracy, balance, speed, stamina, strength and pretty much every other attribute needed to be a quality athlete. As Ubi alluded to, Hockey players are probably the toughest athletes on the planet. Baseball and gritty performances are not synonymous terms.

And in terms of the other thing, keep dreamin' son.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last time I checked there aren't many 225lb figure skaters checking eachother at high speeds, nor have there been too many fights in figure skating.
****it combines grace, skill, power, accuracy, strength, speed, reaction time****

Calm down... relax... start breathing... It was a joke. Not to mention hockey is one of my favorite sports. Well after American Football, Rugby, and baseball of course.

Adams

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
****it combines grace, skill, power, accuracy, strength, speed, reaction time****

Calm down... relax... start breathing... It was a joke. Not to mention hockey is one of my favorite sports. Well after American Football, Rugby, and baseball of course.

Adams
Mine was said in jest as well chief. Maybe you should calm down, relax, and breathe?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mine was said in jest as well chief. Maybe you should calm down, relax, and breathe?
Haha... Now you see... thats what happens when you dont utilize the damn smilies. Wait... Wait... Here we go. :fart: Ooooppss... wrong one... :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Adams

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established

Just checking recent posts...

Having trouble taking jokes Ubi?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
No, I'm trying to throw them out as much as possible friend, why do you ask?

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Canada won bc they have a high population? i mean the most money? i mean their the only one with the resources to play on ice surfaces? They won casue theyre the best plain and simple the tourney proved it. Next year is a new year and i hope to be proud of somthing going on here.

hockey not only is fast, but requires to control an object with an object not as easy as say throwing a ball, compared to hitting said ball with another object. Furthermore hitting somthing and controlling and "dangling" is the next level of skill. Legal fighting, playing injured, insane speed, insane dexterity on blade of steel (awesome game lol), object controled object control, hittting, and the fact that you have to learn how to skate is a few good reasons to say hockey destroys baseball in terms of athlete skill. I think every team has what it takes to win canadas edge is heart and coaching.

IainDaniel

Awards
Thing is the US were considered one of the favorites coming into this years tournament.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
Canada won because hockey is their life. the country created hockey and they should be the best at it.

just like the US created that horrible sport basketball and the US destroys everyone else at it.

a lot of American players go to Canada to train for hockey for good reason.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Canada won because hockey is their life. the country created hockey and they should be the best at it.

just like the US created that horrible sport basketball and the US destroys everyone else at it.

And oddly enough our National sport is Lacrosse.

IainDaniel

Awards
And the US doesn't destroy everyone at basketbal anymore.

The Grassroots of development is gone, and now you have selfish players. Alot of countries have caught up. Look at home much most NBA teams spend on scouting outside of the US.

Canada on the otherhand continues to develop rounded hockey athletes :p

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
And the US doesn't destroy everyone at basketbal anymore.

The Grassroots of development is gone, and now you have selfish players. Alot of countries have caught up. Look at home much most NBA teams spend on scouting outside of the US.

Canada on the otherhand continues to develop rounded hockey athletes :p

Yup, the european clubs are amazing, and the NBA is talking about starting Teams over there.

Lacrosse is Canada's National Sport, I never knew that...hmmmm...

Oh, and I did like Blades of Steel, and Nintendo's Hockey, so don't think I'm completely against the sport..

IainDaniel

Awards
Lacrosse was the real official sport

legislation changed into both hockey and lacrosse

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established

Really, where abouts did the US finish in last years BBL World Championships??? times are a changing.....perhaps the yanks need to realise that they are not the best at everything. You can have American Football. No one else knows the rules for that fairy game anyway.

IainDaniel

Awards
Really, where abouts did the US finish in last years BBL World Championships??? times are a changing.....perhaps the yanks need to realise that they are not the best at everything. You can have American Football. No one else knows the rules for that fairy game anyway.

Canadians do!!! Guess who won the Junior American football championships last year :p

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established

Now lets not get started calling Football (and I'm not talking about soccer here) a fairy game.

True, the NBA is lacking nowadays in world tourneys becuase of selfish play, and Europe and Asia are really picking up the pace, but calling Football and fairy game is just wrong...

BTW, i know you're going to come back with how rugby is so much mroe intense and they don't wear pads and what not. But I really don't know the rules for it, though it does seem like a pretty cool sport. But the pads aren't really needed because the atheletes do not have the size and strength of football players...

Also, London huh? Kricket anyone?

....Sorry if that comes off like I'm a ****. I probably am, but I just really like and respect football.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Now lets not get started calling Football (and I'm not talking about soccer here) a fairy game.

True, the NBA is lacking nowadays in world tourneys becuase of selfish play, and Europe and Asia are really picking up the pace, but calling Football and fairy game is just wrong...

BTW, i know you're going to come back with how rugby is so much mroe intense and they don't wear pads and what not. But I really don't know the rules for it, though it does seem like a pretty cool sport. But the pads aren't really needed because the atheletes do not have the size and strength of football players...

....Sorry if that comes off like I'm a ****. I probably am, but I just really like and respect football.
Notice my name........Does it sound English to you. Rugby players have more guts and balls then any footballer in the NFL. hell i'm not even a rugby fan but those guys are mean buggers. US Football is a little on the pathetic side considering the size of the players.. those guys are friggin huge but guarantee you if the rules changed and the pads were taken off most would not step on the field. If its a mans game then play like it. Blood should be spilled! bones should be broken!

jeez i sound like i'm having a real go here but im not really. i've met some quality yanks on my travels. i just think that those guys get paid far too much and walk around like they are king **** when they don't really put in half the effort that a lot of other sports star have to go through....number one rugby league player in Australia earns about $250k USD a season. now how many NFL players earn that in a week?

IainDaniel

Awards
Trying to compare toughness of Rugby and football seems kinda ridiculous to me. But whatever floats your boat, these athletes are both tough and extremely talented,and there is no taking away from that.

As for worrying about how much they make, they can make that much cause the market dictates it. You have to be kidding yourself if you think the Rugby players wouldn't take that kinda coin if the opportunity was there. But right now it isn't.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Trying to compare toughness of Rugby and football seems kinda ridiculous to me. But whatever floats your boat, these athletes are both tough and extremely talented,and there is no taking away from that.

As for worrying about how much they make, they can make that much cause the market dictates it. You have to be kidding yourself if you think the Rugby players wouldn't take that kinda coin if the opportunity was there. But right now it isn't.
of course they would take it..... but those figures will never be available to them. Australian sport has salary caps. its stops things getting out of control like the salaries in US sports. We play sorts because we enjoy the game, not because its allows us to buy a new Bently every week and some ridiculous gold chains.

IainDaniel

Awards
of course they would take it..... but those figures will never be available to them. Australian sport has salary caps. its stops things getting out of control like the salaries in US sports. We play sorts because we enjoy the game, not because its allows us to buy a new Bently every week and some ridiculous gold chains.

The NFL probably has one of the Best Salary caps in place. Again you are comparing a market in Australia probably 100th the size of the US. So comparing salarys in a business like the NFL which probably pulls in Revenues world wide 100's of times more then Rugby.
It is a trickle down effect. Owners make more bank, and eventually more bank will trickle down to the players.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
The NFL probably has one of the Best Salary caps in place. Again you are comparing a market in Australia probably 100th the size of the US. So comparing salarys in a business like the NFL which probably pulls in Revenues world wide 100's of times more then Rugby.
It is a trickle down effect. Owners make more bank, and eventually more bank will trickle down to the players.
Fair enough, you are more educated on this subject then i am so i wont argue any more.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

:clap2:

You talk **** about another country's pasttime yet your panties are thoroughly twisted when someone calls Football ghey?

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
Really, where abouts did the US finish in last years BBL World Championships
third place, I didn't see Austrialia's name anywhere near the top though, I kinda had to scroll down the page to 13th place.

"perhaps the yanks need to realise that they are not the best at everything"

cut that stupid **** out. try to keep the intelligence level up for this thread and not turn it into a usual "America is the root of all evil in the world" discussion.

isn't this thread supposed to be how the Canadians won the World Junior Nationals and are amazing at hockey?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
third place, I didn't see Austrialia's name anywhere near the top though, I kinda had to scroll down the page to 13th place.

"perhaps the yanks need to realise that they are not the best at everything"

cut that stupid **** out. try to keep the intelligence level up for this thread and not turn it into a usual "America is the root of all evil in the world" discussion.

isn't this thread supposed to be how the Canadians won the World Nations and are amazing at hockey?
oops ive hit a nerve with the 3rd placed american. i ended my discussion with my last post....for the record i dont go around stating aussies are the best at anything if we aren't.

and for Christs sake stop thinking that everyone in the world hates the yanks. dont be like your arrogant stereotype. we dont talk about you guys as much as you think. there are more important things to discuss.

end of.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'm not fairing to well in this thread huh?

AustralianMade, only reason I said english is your location says London...

Edit: I'm gonna keep my big nose out of this whole US/Hockey/Other sports I personally don't care for, thing for a while....My apologies.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I'm not fairing to well in this thread huh?

AustralianMade, only reason I said english is your location says London...
yeah mate i know...........i just felt like having a cheap dig.

never thought i'd find myself in the NHL Forum....until today i didn't know it existed ha.

Jared

Awards
Canada won.

and its true, America does not produce the best hockey players.
I can tell you, as a Canadian living in the U.S, that U.S hockey is not at the same level because the development programs here are nothing compared to those in Canada. U.S citizens have very little interest in hockey. Football is huge. It's bigger than I could have ever imagined.

I am living in the State of hockey and I'm still shocked at the lack of coverage/interest that hockey gets compared to Canada. I miss my TSN very much. I have to watch a full 58 minutes of ESPN Sportscenter just to see 1 minute of hockey highlights from the previous night. I don't like it.

Concerning the Juniors, how about Jonathan Toews?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel bad for you brutha, I had to live in Montana for a bit once and was extremely discouraged at the lack of Hockey coverage. I had to resort to the net, and that is quite simply not the same.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Not sure why people refer to US residents as yanks. That's an insult, to me, a yank is a new yorker....ick ;)

Come on now, the people living in the USA are from every country, we're a real melting pot :)

Congrats to Canada for winning the Jr's :)

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Dude you should see canada a far as "melting pots" go, not the same african, hispanic ratio but high non caucasian rates. I love cultural diversity i think it elevates humanity, sport, beauty, competition, diversification.

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
I can tell you, as a Canadian living in the U.S, that U.S hockey is not at the same level because the development programs here are nothing compared to those in Canada. U.S citizens have very little interest in hockey. Football is huge. It's bigger than I could have ever imagined.

I am living in the State of hockey and I'm still shocked at the lack of coverage/interest that hockey gets compared to Canada. I miss my TSN very much. I have to watch a full 58 minutes of ESPN Sportscenter just to see 1 minute of hockey highlights from the previous night. I don't like it.

Concerning the Juniors, how about Jonathan Toews?

YOu should get direct TV, my buddy has it and he watches TSN all the time. I liek football but i grew up playing hockey, plus living in Pittsburgh helped out too :)