Iverson too Denver

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Good deal for both teams. Obviously the sixers got a servicable point guard in miller and a expiring contract in Joe smith and two number ones which gives them three this offseason. They need youth so hopefully they draft well. The nuggets get the second leading scorer in the leg. and someone who brings it every night and is ready too start over. I dont think he will cause too many problems in denver, at least not this year. The only question is there enough shots too go around for him and anthony.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Great deal for the Sixers...The draft picks and Miller...You're right, youth is what we need...It's gotta be a bit of a rebuilding next couple of years for Philly.

As for Denver, I see this being great for the next 15 games. Maybe 16 or 17 if you're lucky. But never in NBA history have the Number 1 and 2 scorers in the league been on the same team, and that is for a reason. Melo and Iverson will only co-exist if Melo takes a back seat to Iverson and I don't see that happening....

It should atleast lead to a fun little melodrama (pun absolutely intended).

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
AI is going to throw up 30 shots no matter how many he hits
he is not going to take a back seat to anyone i think.
But who knows he never really had anyone on his level to pass to . could be good or bad for the nuggets id put my money on bad.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else see them trading up to get odgen?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Melo is all I have to say. Iverson is great but like TO doesn't know how to play on a team. Damn shame

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Any of you guys read Bill Simmons "The Sports Guy" over on espn.com? I usually like him, his oppinions are usually well thought out and I don't disagree with him too much, but he's calling this trade a 35 cents on the dollar trade for the sixers...

I really dont see that...I think the sixers made out, getting rid of an unhappy player, getting two decent players for the rest of the season and two picks in the first round of a very deep draft. Along with thier own picks, the sixers could very well end up as a powerhouse next year.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Any of you guys read Bill Simmons "The Sports Guy" over on espn.com? I usually like him, his oppinions are usually well thought out and I don't disagree with him too much, but he's calling this trade a 35 cents on the dollar trade for the sixers...

I really dont see that...I think the sixers made out, getting rid of an unhappy player, getting two decent players for the rest of the season and two picks in the first round of a very deep draft. Along with thier own picks, the sixers could very well end up as a powerhouse next year.
Well Its not as bad as the Wilt Chamberlain or Charles Barkley trades..Maybe the other AI in Philly will blow up in the spot light.

I think Denver will be the most exciting team in the league with AI and mello putting up 50 shots a game...just like th old ABA days!

When K martin comes back it will be interesting.

The draft picks are not that big of a perk because Denver is a playoff team

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Ok...they're gonna cash 2 of the picks to get Oden....then take Nick Young of USC late 1st round...

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
iverson faces off against his old team tonight i believe

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
I always loved iverson, regardless of the debacles that arouse. He is a great player, and will continue to be.

it is so hard to see him in baby blue and yellow. he belongs in black and red. but it doesnt matter anymore, the sixers are a mess, needed to do something. This is good for him, good for the sixers.