Anti- Bettman Thread

1. www.bestpricenutrition.co m
    Board Sponsor

Anti- Bettman Thread

He's ruining the game, and turning into a Euro style of open ice and limited defense. I love the scoring, but also know the game should provide nasty hitting. Nobody can clear the crease anymore because of the stupid new rule. Fighting is down, and thats rediculous, as its a HUGE part of the game ( Jim Vandermeer and Grotten got in a beaut at the UC last night!), and now you'll see more stick swinging and gutless penalties.
    Give me the Stu Grimsons, Bob Proberts, and Al Secords to play along the Marty Havlats od the world. Please.

2. Registered User

Yeah Bettman is a douche bag. He started as commisioner of the league when the NHL was at its best and had its most recognition. Since then he has brought it down. He had an opportunity to make the rinks bigger before all these new rinks got built, to support the larger and faster players.

He got rid of all the classic conferences and divisions. I remember The Wales and Cambell confernce, or the Norris,adams, Patrick and smythe divisions.

Prematurely expanded teams to ****ty markets, that have done nothing to help grow hockey, only to see teams with no attendance. Meanwhile watching his bread and butter market lose teams, cause the couldn't compete with the US dollar.

Having 2 lockouts on his watch, even though the last one was needed and resolved a lot of issues.

Hockey had such a potential to be as big as baseball back when he took over, but he failed to take advantage of this awesome sport, and road the coat tails while he could.

As for the current rule changes, yes they are quite rediculous and over the top with some of the stick work calls, but this is a process. They will find an even ground somewhere (I hope)

The hitting, although I love to see some badass checks, Players have no respect for each other now a days, head hunting and knee-on-knee. That needs to be taken out of the Game.

Finally yes Fighting is a part of the game.

Oh and finally screw Don cherry, he is as useless as Gary Bettman
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnz
    He's ruining the game, and turning into a Euro style of open ice and limited defense. I love the scoring, but also know the game should provide nasty hitting. Nobody can clear the crease anymore because of the stupid new rule. Fighting is down, and thats rediculous, as its a HUGE part of the game ( Jim Vandermeer and Grotten got in a beaut at the UC last night!), and now you'll see more stick swinging and gutless penalties.
    Give me the Stu Grimsons, Bob Proberts, and Al Secords to play along the Marty Havlats od the world. Please.
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel
    Yeah Bettman is a douche bag. He started as commisioner of the league when the NHL was at its best and had its most recognition. Since then he has brought it down. He had an opportunity to make the rinks bigger before all these new rinks got built, to support the larger and faster players.

He got rid of all the classic conferences and divisions. I remember The Wales and Cambell confernce, or the Norris,adams, Patrick and smythe divisions.

Prematurely expanded teams to ****ty markets, that have done nothing to help grow hockey, only to see teams with no attendance. Meanwhile watching his bread and butter market lose teams, cause the couldn't compete with the US dollar.

Having 2 lockouts on his watch, even though the last one was needed and resolved a lot of issues.

Hockey had such a potential to be as big as baseball back when he took over, but he failed to take advantage of this awesome sport, and road the coat tails while he could.

As for the current rule changes, yes they are quite rediculous and over the top with some of the stick work calls, but this is a process. They will find an even ground somewhere (I hope)

The hitting, although I love to see some badass checks, Players have no respect for each other now a days, head hunting and knee-on-knee. That needs to be taken out of the Game.

Finally yes Fighting is a part of the game.

Oh and finally screw Don cherry, he is as useless as Gary Bettman
    AMEN!!!

Bring back the enforcers
  5. www.bestpricenutrition.co m
    Board Sponsor

I think you'll see a change int he game eventually. Im not privy to attendance figures, but until you bring back the game the way it was DESIGNED to be played, Chicago fans will not be out like they were ( unless Savvy Savard keeps making a difference here!)
    Anyone remember the fight between Bob Probert ( Det) and Marty McSorley ( Pit) in '95 I believe was the year? Or the great tilt between Tie Domi and Probie in '93? Or when Dave Manson called Scott Stevens to center ice ( a very PROUD Chicago moment!) in Chicago and absolutely PUMMELED him!!!??? Yes, we need the guts and toughness back in the game.
  6. Registered User

Chicago hasn't been the same since they change arenas. I always remember them showing the Audible meter and it was rediculous how loud it would get there.
  7. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnz
    I think you'll see a change int he game eventually. Im not privy to attendance figures, but until you bring back the game the way it was DESIGNED to be played, Chicago fans will not be out like they were ( unless Savvy Savard keeps making a difference here!)
    Anyone remember the fight between Bob Probert ( Det) and Marty McSorley ( Pit) in '95 I believe was the year? Or the great tilt between Tie Domi and Probie in '93? Or when Dave Manson called Scott Stevens to center ice ( a very PROUD Chicago moment!) in Chicago and absolutely PUMMELED him!!!??? Yes, we need the guts and toughness back in the game.
    I do remember those, but call me crazy but I remember spectacular goals at crucial moments far more than brutal fights. How the game was being played leading up to the lockout was not allowing for that. The NHL's most skilled players were forced to go through a gauntlet of slashing sticks like it was a Frat Initiation. I personally would much rather see Spezza, Hossa, Afinegenov, Crosby, etc., come flying down the wing, cut through the slot going between two defenders and roof it over some poor goalie then McGratton or Laraque or Boogard beating the **** out of eachother.

However, I do agree with you that Bettman is a **** and if he is left in for too much longer the game will continue to suffer. I think there is room in hockey for the skilled players to make 'wow' places while still leaving room for skilled hits.

It is absolutely horrible though, that in 1994 I distinctly remember a Sports Illustrated Cover with Mike Richter and a basketball player half and half on a page stating why Hockey was hot and Basketball is not. Now some of the Orig. Six. are losing money and fast, that makes me sick.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

the guy is a piece of **** and has ruined hockey
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. the ANTI-CARDIO cut thread
    By IRONPOPE in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 12:33 PM
  2. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Info