So...About this whole OhioSt/USC Fiesta Bowl...Congrats to UCLA - Huge Upset!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Michigan's uniforms and fightsong are better. Ann Arbor is home to the biggest football stadium in the entire known universe.
    I thought Rocky Top had the largest.

2. Binge,
    Neyland is like 3k behind the Big House. It is the biggest stadium for football in the known universe - as RD says.

Edit - there was/is/something like that talk of a Tennessee-Virgina Tech matchup in the Bristol Motor Speedway (NASCAR venue) - that would be like 60k bigger than the Big House...

My opinion is not about this SOS and who played whom - it's who I think will put up a better fight.
    I already said I think Michigan will put up a better fight. I envision the '95 Fiesta all over again if Fla gets in. And no one wants to see that (except OSU* fans).
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80

My opinion is not about this SOS and who played whom - it's who I think will put up a better fight.
    Good thing your not a voter then. I'm somewhat confident UF will get in...i'm going to be in suspence all day. No one gave UF a chance against akransas and look what happened. No one is giving us a chance at OSU. OSU better watch out if we go, upset city baby.

4. Your = you're or you are and suspence = suspense

Regardless of spelling - I don't think many people picked Arky to win esp. after LSU beat them. Not sure where you guys are getting that from.

Something else I just thought of that makes my pick of Michigan to the championship even better is that LSU will end up in the Rose. That is a better game than SC-Michigan (traditional Rose Bowl matchup be damned). Imagine the buildup on that one???

5. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Regardless of spelling - I don't think many people picked Arky to win esp. after LSU beat them. Not sure where you guys are getting that from.

Most of the sharp betters around the nation were fading florida and were on arkansas last week. Also the USA Today Poll just came out, FL is number 2....yea baby, for all you gator haters out there, I know what it feels like to be a ND fan.

Edit : we are also number 2 in the ap poll, OSU here we come!!!

6. Bring It!!!

7. I have a source that knows someone on the BCS committee and UF will be playing OSU for the natl championship.

8. Agreed at RD. Get ready for the talk of OSU* '06 being the best ever...

9. Meh. They jumped the gun because of some report down here.

Just like Spurrier was going to Bama or Miami - don't count your chickens before they hatch.

So - are you and CED59 now enemies?
    And who will the Buckeyes root for in the Rose? The arch-rival Wolervines or the hated Trojans?

10. All I can say is.......ohio state your GATOR BAIT!!
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1
    All I can say is.......ohio state your GATOR BAIT!!

YEA BUDDY!!!!! I have confidence in my team, if they play well they have a shot, but thats a very big "if". I think our D will keep the game in close even if our O sucks, we will have a chance to win.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1
    All I can say is.......ohio state your GATOR BAIT!!
    You are.
    Sorry - I really HATE that common mistake.

BTW - how many damn teams in the SEC use the xxx Bait chant? Jesus.

13. Quote Originally Posted by gators52
    YEA BUDDY!!!!! I have confidence in my team, if they play well they have a shot, but thats a very big "if". I think our D will keep the game in close even if our O sucks, we will have a chance to win.
    Michigan had a chance and they lost.....The only people who want to see michigan play ohio state are michigan fans and of course all the gator haters. In a few hours we'll get confirmation that we're in and then let the party begin. I've got my beer in hand and ready to start the celebration. Yes it's great to be a FLORIDA GATOR!!

14. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    You are.
    Sorry - I really HATE that common mistake.

BTW - how many damn teams in the SEC use the xxx Bait chant? Jesus.
    Spoken like a true miami fan... ......

15. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    And who will the Buckeyes root for in the Rose? The arch-rival Wolervines or the hated Trojans?
    Always for the Big 10 in non-con, and even for Michigan in Big 10 games. An undefeated OSU/Michigan game is a dream, it is nice to spoil their season, and it helps OSU's sos.

16. Gators Are In!!!....whooo Hooo

17. I always root for my SEC rivals in bowl games

18. Screw Lloyd Car...for all of those of you who were watching espn 2 and heard his comments...Bull****

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    ****ing sorryass Notre Dame and their BCS deal, that's all I'm going to say.
    Wisconson or Auburn deserved to go.

20. No way @ Auburn.

It wasn't ND's deal that got them in RD. It was the 3 team rule. Come on now. I don't like the treatment ND gets because they are God's team or whatever - but this one (finally) wasn't their fault.

What did Lloyd say?

21. Oh let the drama begin.......

22. Yeah - Meyer did a sh*tload of lobbying. A sh*tload.
    Not sure any UF fans should be mad at Carr.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    **** Urban Crier. Badmouthing Michigan to try and sway the pollsters, low class. Bet he ranked Michigan below #10 in the coaches poll to push Michigan down.
    He didn't even say anything about lloyd!! when they interviewd him he still kept saying that only a playoff would determine the true champion.

lloyd was saying how UF coaches were bathmouthing the Mich program, but I didn't hear them do that, and even if they did dont cry about it on natl tv. When they asked urban about lloyds comments he was gracefull and didn't undermind the Mich program at all.

24. F L O R I D A G A T O R S !!

25. Someone brought up on another board the matchups if we didn't have the BCS.

SC would play OSU* in the Rose and FLA would play Mich in the Sugar.

26. The only people that wanted to see OSU vs. Umich were the people that wanted to see the best 2 teams in the country play. The people against it were in the "it's not fair" group, whether that meant 2 big 10 teams going, or that Umich already had it's chance against OSU, or that the SEC is so much better than the big 10 (it's not, don't give that rankings junk either... Rutgers #7 at one point!?! The SEC as a whole is overrated, they may be the best conference but by no means that much better).

Good luck Gators, you are going to need it.

27. Agreed @ Doug.

28. Yes - I agree RD. The job Coker did is just purely amazing. A mere ~5 years ago (Jan. 2nd 2002) I was watching the greatest team in history destroy Nebraska - there Coker revealed himself for the first time, the infamous "lay down and play dead" happened in the 2nd half of that Rose Bowl.

Simply amazing.

I think we'll beat Nevada - just like BC. Coker will let the dogs out, he's got nothing to lose.

29. I love how no one here gives any respect to the SEC, even if it does have 3 teams in the top 10. You will cry that Auburn is garbage etc, then say LSU is probably the best SEC team...a team that lost to Auburn. The Big 10 has 2 good teams and then wisconsin who didn't beat anyone all year along, everyone else iin the big 10 s around 6-6 middle of the pack kind of teams. SEC has 6 teams in the top 30. You guys can keep making excuses about how bad the SEC is "they ahve no offense". Ok well OSU and Mich game was a high scoring game, i could easily say "the big 10 has no defense" but i'm a realist and i know that's not true.

Heck look at my posts from a week ago, I was saying that USC deserved the NC bid over UF, i'm not just some crazy UF kid who says UF is the best team ever. Maybe one day you guys will come to love the SEC and realize this is how real football is played. Thats why you guys keep recruiting the speed demons bread in the south, speed kills and that the SEC's trademark.

30. Boomer Sooner!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 05:22 PM
  2. So im curious about this
    By KBD in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 09:37 PM
  3. So John, About this Overshooting from HCG...
    By Blesum in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 12:40 PM
  4. So my girl is moving. dont know how i should feel about this
    By NickyNoNames in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 11:51 AM
  5. What so special about this weekend? ATW
    By wheystation in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2005, 03:37 PM