NFL's biggest surprise is . . .

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Frank Gore, the league's #2 leading rusher just 2 yards behind Larry Johnson. He currently has 1043 yards. He leads the league in yards per carry at 5.5 (among backs with 100+ carries), he can flat out block, has chipped in the passing game with 37 catches and 288 yards, and has single handedly give us hope for this year (thanks to a weak division and Seahawks melting down). Without him, the team is 2-8. He also did a lot of this without Larry Allen or Jonas Jennings, whom are the best O-Linemen on the team.

He's got no TO ego, no Kevan Barlow attitude, and is a guy the team can look to for leadership and inspiration because he's fought pretty hard to get to this point. This guy runs with balls, I don't know if there's a running back out there that has more balls than this guy, he just never quits.

Most importantly, his production has benefited Alex Smith a lot because defenses have to pay attention to the running game. Just wait 'til Vernon Davis comes back ! I'm finally psyched about the team's future. Hopefully they don't move out of Candlestick ( and San Fran ), it's a great homefield advantage that I wouldn't give up for a luxury stadium.

I know Colston has been a big surprise in New Orleans but his contributions pale in comparison to Gore's.

*THE only concern is his 5 fumbles, everything else has been great.

*A little OT, but am I the only one who thinks Eli Manning is the most overrated player in the league ?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
He'll get better next year as he gets another year away from his last ACL tear. Usually the 3rd year is when RB's hit their stride (Edgerrin did).

I was worried he wouldn't hold up with our piss-poor blocking. I always knew he'd make it. He has surprised even me though with the yards this year. Didn't think he'd do it this quick.

Pro Bowl here we come!!!

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Frank Gore, the league's #2 leading rusher just 2 yards behind Larry Johnson. He currently has 1043 yards. He leads the league in yards per carry at 5.5 (among backs with 100+ carries), he can flat out block, has chipped in the passing game with 37 catches and 288 yards, and has single handedly give us hope for this year (thanks to a weak division and Seahawks melting down). Without him, the team is 2-8. He also did a lot of this without Larry Allen or Jonas Jennings, whom are the best O-Linemen on the team.

He's got no TO ego, no Kevan Barlow attitude, and is a guy the team can look to for leadership and inspiration because he's fought pretty hard to get to this point. This guy runs with balls, I don't know if there's a running back out there that has more balls than this guy, he just never quits.

Most importantly, his production has benefited Alex Smith a lot because defenses have to pay attention to the running game. Just wait 'til Vernon Davis comes back ! I'm finally psyched about the team's future. Hopefully they don't move out of Candlestick ( and San Fran ), it's a great homefield advantage that I wouldn't give up for a luxury stadium.

I know Colston has been a big surprise in New Orleans but his contributions pale in comparison to Gore's.

*THE only concern is his 5 fumbles, everything else has been great.

*A little OT, but am I the only one who thinks Eli Manning is the most overrated player in the league ?
I disagree, I thinks it is colston from the NO.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I was worried he wouldn't hold up with our piss-poor blocking
This is what a lot of people don't realize. We lost Jeremy Newberry (he's retired as of this year), Kwame Harris is a bum, plus Jennings and Allen have been out for 15 weeks (collectively). He pretty much got those yards on balls. This guy has the bulk of yards because he fought off tacklers, dragged them, and juked them.

I know rugger thinks more of Colston but a WR doesn't touch the ball 20 times a game and he is never responsible for protecting the QB :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Colston. Ha.

He plays on a decent team. Ain't had no ACL tears in BOTH knees. Doesn't have a learning disability (that I've heard of - and I live in La).

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
how bout them COWBOYS!!!!!:icon_lol: :bow28: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :donut:

R

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Rooooooooooooommmooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Rooooooooooooommmooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
That's a good one too. He revitalized the Cowboys. I'd say Gore and Romo are pretty even as far as big surprises. We'll have to see what happens the next 6 weeks and decide then :)