Congrats to Notre Dame

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
For sweeping the service academies. What a wonderful accomplishment, your ranking is well-deserved. I would like to see more of this, so could you please add Citadel, Norwich, VMI, and Coast Guard to your schedule.

Even the 1940's thinks keeping this tradition is pointless.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
wake up the echos

SC will **** on them next week, I'll be there.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
LOL ND is going to **** on the faces of USC alumni and piss on the teams mouth gaurds!! Just wait little boy!
I think ND is going to get spanked like a naughtly little school girl like they did against michigan and that was in their home turf, this time they are on the road...they are going down.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
LOL ND is going to **** on the faces of USC alumni and piss on the teams mouth gaurds!! Just wait little boy!
yeah, it would be crazy to expect USC to get to the national title game.
never done that before

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
USC wins 34-24. They won't stop Jarrett or Smith.

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
USC won on a last second penalty R. Bush (Heisman trophy winner) pushed M. Leinart (Heisman runner up) in the back to score a touchdown. USC had Jarrett and Smith last year along with their two heisman canidates. They also lost L. White. On the other side of the ball N.D. has the same team offensively besides WR M. Stovall. Def. that is the same backfield and d line is the same. I dont know guys but losing the guys sc did and winning by a slim margin last year i cant find a reasonable reason why sc will blow nd out.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I dont know guys but losing the guys sc did and winning by a slim margin last year i cant find a reasonable reason why sc will blow nd out.
That's why they play the games ;)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
USC won on a last second penalty R. Bush (Heisman trophy winner) pushed M. Leinart (Heisman runner up) in the back to score a touchdown. USC had Jarrett and Smith last year along with their two heisman canidates. They also lost L. White. On the other side of the ball N.D. has the same team offensively besides WR M. Stovall. Def. that is the same backfield and d line is the same. I dont know guys but losing the guys sc did and winning by a slim margin last year i cant find a reasonable reason why sc will blow nd out.
michigan blew them out and in South Bend no less, later we come to find that Michigan was a pretty good team. this is in LA and the trojans are Legit. Brady Quinn's biggest win ever was at Georgia Tech.

Trojans 34
ND 17

im in LA, the trojans are undefeated when i show up

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I think they're both weak, riding the wave of a weak ass schedule.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I think they're both weak, riding the wave of a weak ass schedule.

USC has the 4th hardest schedule in the entire nation.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
USC has the 4th hardest schedule in the entire nation.
According to a computer, sure. But who do they play? I know it's just opinion, and a playoff is in order but I don't see their schedule being ranked that high.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Well, let's just compare...
Ohio State isn't considered to have a soft schedule.

vs. North Illinois (2 Stars)
at. Texas (4.5 Stars, Longhorns are more like 4 Stars now though, could be considered top 5 at the time though)
vs. Cincinnati (2 Stars)
vs. Penn State (3.5 Stars, Penn State was good at the time)
vs. Iowa (3.5 Stars, Iowa undefeated at the time)
vs. Bowling Green (cupcake)
vs. Michigan State (2.5 Stars)
vs. Indiana (2 Stars)
vs. Minnesota (2.5 Stars)
at. Illinois (2 Stars, nearly cupcake though)
at. Northwestern (2 Stars)
vs. Michigan (5 Stars)

toughest games: Michigan, Texas, Penn State, Iowa, Michigan St?

USC:
at. Arkansas (4 Stars, although ARK is top 10, they were bad week 1)
vs. Nebraska (4 Stars, they won the Big10 North)
at. Arizona (2.5 Stars)
at. Washington State (3 Stars, were as high as #23)
vs. Washington (2 Stars)
vs. Arizona State (2.5 Stars)
vs. Oregon State (2.5 Stars, formerly #25, but because they beat USC)
at. Stanford (cupcake)
vs. Oregon (3.5 Stars, I'd say they are as good as Iowa/PennSt.)
vs. California (4 Stars)
vs. Notre Dame (4.5 Stars, I think they suck but they were #2 at one point)
vs. UCLA (2.5 Stars)

Toughest Games: Notre Dame, Arkansas, California, Nebraska, Oregon

*in comparsion, their PAC-10 schedule was slightly harder than Ohio States' Big 10 schedule. Out of conferernce, USC's schedule was far better. This is not a knock on the Buckeyes', I just used them as a frame of reference because they are said to have a decent schedule. Strength of schedule is determined after the season however..

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I agree, but I have to consider ND a 4.5star team.. The Michigan win vaulted them to #2... and the USC win vaulted them to #2.

When it comes down to it, the best win Notre Dame had (and best ever for Brady Quinn was) 13-7 against Georgia Tech. 13-7, it was I think.

Meyer is right the gators deverse respect, but the reasons he gives are so stupid. "We beat Kentucky" "then we beat Alabama." Nobody takes that bull**** seriously. He should point to that the Gators basically lost to Auburn on the road by one score (fumble return with :00 left had no bearing on the game). Meyer is just assuming that everyone in America buys that the SEC is far better than every conference by far. The USC 50-14 crushing of Arkansas (SEC West champions) is absolutely huge in crumbling Meyers' strength of conference argument.

Gators52, isn't this way -- but the argument on campus "for florida" is that USC lost to Oregon State by 2. Gator fans only point to the loses rather than mentioning anything about the wins.

With that logic, neither USC or Florida deserve a bid. Our national championship game is Boise State vs. Ohio State.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Well, let's just compare...
Ohio State isn't considered to have a soft schedule.

vs. North Illinois (2 Stars)
at. Texas (4.5 Stars, Longhorns are more like 4 Stars now though, could be considered top 5 at the time though)
vs. Cincinnati (2 Stars)
vs. Penn State (3.5 Stars, Penn State was good at the time)
vs. Iowa (3.5 Stars, Iowa undefeated at the time)
vs. Bowling Green (cupcake)
vs. Michigan State (2.5 Stars)
vs. Indiana (2 Stars)
vs. Minnesota (2.5 Stars)
at. Illinois (2 Stars, nearly cupcake though)
at. Northwestern (2 Stars)
vs. Michigan (5 Stars)

toughest games: Michigan, Texas, Penn State, Iowa, Michigan St?

USC:
at. Arkansas (4 Stars, although ARK is top 10, they were bad week 1)
vs. Nebraska (4 Stars, they won the Big10 North)
at. Arizona (2.5 Stars)
at. Washington State (3 Stars, were as high as #23)
vs. Washington (2 Stars)
vs. Arizona State (2.5 Stars)
vs. Oregon State (2.5 Stars, formerly #25, but because they beat USC)
at. Stanford (cupcake)
vs. Oregon (3.5 Stars, I'd say they are as good as Iowa/PennSt.)
vs. California (4 Stars)
vs. Notre Dame (4.5 Stars, I think they suck but they were #2 at one point)
vs. UCLA (2.5 Stars)

Toughest Games: Notre Dame, Arkansas, California, Nebraska, Oregon

*in comparsion, their PAC-10 schedule was slightly harder than Ohio States' Big 10 schedule. Out of conferernce, USC's schedule was far better. This is not a knock on the Buckeyes', I just used them as a frame of reference because they are said to have a decent schedule. Strength of schedule is determined after the season however..
That's a pretty interesting breakdown. I'm pretty interested to see OSU and USC go at it, if that's how it plays out.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Well, Michigan had its shot at #1 and we know what happened. Let's see USC take its chance at #1 and see what may or may not happen :)

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
LOSS @ Oregon State, 33-31 @ Ohio State, 42-39 @ Auburn, 27-17

Advantage: Michigan, obviously. But the gap here is not quite as severe as it seems. Oregon State ended up 8-4 and USC had a chance to tie with a two point conversion, where Michigan and Florida needed a miracle to come back in their losses.
Florida needed a miracle to come back in their loss? Did you even watch the game? If so you would know that Florida ran a hook and ladder play with 0 time remaning and fumbled the ball which Auburn then scored on, that score is inflated. The gators were up at the half, and were only down by one at the beginning of the 4th quater. If the gators won that game it would of been a far cry from a miracle.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
where does that put Florida's total body of work for the year versus USC?
I might be contradicting myself in this analysis but here it goes. I think UF has a harder schedule than USC, and they lost to a better team than USC. However the manner in which UF has won has shown me that they are not very dominate and they dont deserve the national championship bid over USC. UF's current offense reminds me of USC's offense in the first few weeks of their season, no momentum, poor playing calling, etc. However USC's offense has vastly improved while UF is still stuck in phase 1, i'm not happy with the offensive play calling.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
USC 4-0 vs. Ranked Teams
Florida 2-1 vs. Ranked Team, with a chance to improve to 3-1 this weekend.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
USC 4-0 vs. Ranked Teams
Florida 2-1 vs. Ranked Team, with a chance to improve to 3-1 this weekend.
Should also be noted all of those games for USC were at home, UF has won all their home games vs ranked teams too.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
As far as I can tell, from mostly other's analysis, and some watching on my part, USC, Arkansas and LSU have gotten better as the season progressed, Michigan and Florida have regressed from great to good.
Thats a fair analysis, i would agree with that.

size

Awards
  • Established
Sugar Bowl:
Notre Dame vs LSU(-8)

Notre Dame will be introduced to more speed than they have seen all year. Mark it down, another bowl loss for Notre Dame and 35+ points for LSU

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Sugar Bowl:
Notre Dame vs LSU(-8)

Notre Dame will be introduced to more speed than they have seen all year. Mark it down, another bowl loss for Notre Dame and 35+ points for LSU

This one is going to be ugly for Notre Dame.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Little Tuna again fails to win a big game against a top-ranked team.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
LSU will win, but I think it will be a close game with Quinn and comany. I'm going to see where this line goes if it jumps to 9 i'll bet ND ATS

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Sugar Bowl:
Notre Dame vs LSU(-8)

Hell yea! We are disappointed not to be heading to the Rose Bowl but, the SEC sends a team to play for the championship. Granted they'll be underdogs. ND is the media darling, how else are they in a BCS bowl? Is it true that ND gets an automatic bid if they finish top 12? No disrespect to the players but, the program is overrated. LSU's defense is already smelling blood, I just hope play calling doesn't get us twisted. It does have to be played on the field, it's not over but, this one could get ugly.:gore:

size

Awards
  • Established
Sugar Bowl:
Notre Dame vs LSU(-8)

My prediction came to fruition.
Too bad LSU had to play an over hyped Notre Dame.

Bigballa

Awards
Too bad LSU had to play an over hyped Notre Dame.
It was funny bro. All the Notre Dame fans were talking **** down Bourbon. After the game most didn't even want to show their faces. It was a fun game though, glad I went.

Also, Weis is a whole lot bigger up close than he is on TV. I was like damn who is that waddling out on the field. Then I noticed it was him and his fupa making their way to the sidelines.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Talk about an a$$ whooping. This should humiliate the Golden Domers but I doubt that will stop them from running their mouth next year after they beat on Navy, Army, Air Force, & Stanford LOL, which means they only need to beat 2 real teams to qualify for a bowl.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
At least Weis tries to outscheme in gameplay, he just does'nt have the personnel to pull it off, unlike Michigan, the pro talent with the Junior High coaches, LLLLLoyd Carr and company.

2007 should be a rebuilding year for the Irish, 2008 and beyond they should be able to match the hype.

Michigan is cursed until Carr is gone.
LMAO I guess he can shut up now about the need for a Play-Off when his team gets trampled in the Rose Bowl. When are they seriously gonna get rid of him ? Is it gonna take another loss to THE Ohio St., a season out of the top 25. Even a high school coach would have used some traps, draws, and screens to at least slow the pass rush down and make the Trojans D think a little. They should have brought in more blitzers through the weakside, UCLA had tons of success with that a few weeks ago and I thought they'd catch on.

P.S. Your Wolverines should have snagged Jeff Tedford when they had a chance :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
IW,
We'll know how good Cal is the first game. The Vols roll into town (Berkley I think) while the Bears will have revenge on their minds after getting the hell beat out of them in Neyland this year (I was there).

Thought on Cal for next year? Some big losses - but some damn good players return (Jackson may be THE best WR next year).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mw1 I-Force Nutrition 9
Rodja MMA 14
GotTest Politics 9
Rodja General Chat 8
pavb10 Supplements 10