#5 Auburn gets ROCKED like Jenna Jameson by Georgia - AKA The SEC ain't that hot

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Cot damn double post.

Apparently not...

Original text below:
ESPN.com - NCF - Recap

So - the team many were trotting out to play in the Fiesta and were using as part of the argument that the SEC is best this year just got trounced by a team that got throttled by Tennessee and nearly beat by winless Colorodo.

In other news - LSU fans should be sick right now. Sick. Arkansas AND now UGa came into Auburn and trucked that supposed tough defense that held LSU to 3 freaking points.

Auburn is a sham-ockery. But LSU is a pretender.

Note - I don't think the SEC is best this year. I think they are about as good as the Big 10 and Pac 10. The ACC & Big East are right behind - with the Big 12 coming in last.

Ahh well - another overrated SEC team takes the tumble.

That is all.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Where's your big, cryin mouth now Tommy?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That score stood out like homo in a Rebublican convention LOL

idunk: Maryland is up 14-10 with 13:00 to play in the 3rd quarter

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The 2nd half has just started - Maryland is up 14-10.

I think we've found a quarterback - his name is Kirby Freeman.

We shall see how he ends up - but he looks LIGHT YEARS better (or sounds I should say - I'm getting the stupid OSU* game here) than Kyle Wright.

Maybe we have some hope this season.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Called it in the other thread! :dance:

Auburn is a fraud
Georgia is too
Today Auburn was a bigger fraud

the loss hurts Florida.

Florida is tied with South Carolina (I will not refer to them as USC) 7-7. South Carolina is outplaying them currently

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Tommah Tubbaville loves grits

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
An SEC loyalist interperetation of the Georgia blowout of Auburn:

'Any team in the SEC can beat any other team on any given Saturday. Pathetic Georgia crushing Auburn proves how good both teams are.'

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - you saw that Ol guy on blahblahblahblah??

He said the EXACT same thing.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
me? no i didn't see that

jhm -- edit out that forum name ;)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - ok.

Off topic - do we EVER get any mods up in here? Other than Size that is. I NEVER see anyone else.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
jmh gets the OSU game and Im forced to listen to the stream online.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha.

Now the Cal-Az game is on for me. Arizona is up by 7 - just returned a Longshore pass for a TD.

Calling Iron Warrior!

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
The Loss does hurt the SEC as a conference but it's not that bad, an SEC team lost to an SEC team...If Auburn lost to Stanford it would be a different story.

I will say that where the SEC is now compared to how they were rated at the beginning of the year, the SEC was overated at the beginning of the year. However i still think the SEC and Big 10 are the best conferences in American, followed by the pac10.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Well - there are alot of freshamn QB's playing significant minutes in the SEC.
Wilson at Bama, Swofford at UGa, Crompton at UT, Tewbow at UF (ehhh....).

Those kids will make dumb typical freshamn mistakes. (Then, there is JaMarcus Russell - who continues to make the same mistakes year in and year out.)

monsterboy

Awards
Too Bad Florida didn't lose too. Escaped by the skin of their teeth. And people keep talking about them playing for the national championship as a one loss team. Ohio St. or Michigan would beat them by 3 tds no problem.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
(Then, there is JaMarcus Russell - who continues to make the same mistakes year in and year out.)
It's a shame this guy is such a bad decision maker, in my opinon he has more tools than any college QB, will be interesting to see where he goes on draft day.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It's a shame this guy is such a bad decision maker, in my opinon he has more tools than any college QB, will be interesting to see where he goes on draft day.
He'd be a long project so I'd say 3-4th round at best.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha.

Now the Cal-Az game is on for me. Arizona is up by 7 - just returned a Longshore pass for a TD.

Calling Iron Warrior!
Yeah dude, that game blew chunks. I thought Longshore was better than that. I need some medicine :sick:

size

Awards
  • Established
Well, I think about some SEC vs. PAC10 this year.

USC beat Arkansas
Tenn beat Cal
Auburn beat Washington St.
LSU destroyed Arizona.

So from the look of this, SEC is stronger than the PAC-10. It would be difficult to argue otherwise at this point.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
He'd be a long project so I'd say 3-4th round at best.
Wrong my man, scouts are starting to project him ahead of brian brohm for the best non senior QB. The best 3 QB in terms of draft status are, Quinn, Russell, and Brohm. I think he's an early 2nd late 1st rouner.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Well, I think about some SEC vs. PAC10 this year.

USC beat Arkansas
Tenn beat Cal
Auburn beat Washington St.
LSU destroyed Arizona.

So from the look of this, SEC is stronger than the PAC-10. It would be difficult to argue otherwise at this point.
I like it! I think the score would be a lot different if USC played arkansas right now, Mcfadden only had 9 carries in that game, he's my pick for heisman next year...

size

Awards
  • Established
I like it! I think the score would be a lot different if USC played arkansas right now, Mcfadden only had 9 carries in that game, he's my pick for heisman next year...
I agree with you. McFadden was hurt and his playing time suffered. I also think the wrong quarterback started the game. But the game was played and the outcome was a loss. Still, the SEC looks much stronger than the PAC10 in my eyes.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I don't think anyone was arguing that the Pac 10 was better than the SEC. *At least I was not. The Big 10, however, certainly is.

Florida and LSU are the SEC powerhouses. no question. but Auburn is the biggest fraud ever and hurts the entire SEC cause

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you. McFadden was hurt and his playing time suffered. I also think the wrong quarterback started the game. But the game was played and the outcome was a loss. Still, the SEC looks much stronger than the PAC10 in my eyes.
I agree. I'm not even saying arkansas would beat USC if they played today, but they sure wouldn't get blown out.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Cot damn double post.

Apparently not...

Original text below:
ESPN.com - NCF - Recap

In other news - LSU fans should be sick right now. Sick. Arkansas AND now UGa came into Auburn and trucked that supposed tough defense that held LSU to 3 freaking points.

Auburn is a sham-ockery. But LSU is a pretender.

Note - I don't think the SEC is best this year. I think they are about as good as the Big 10 and Pac 10. The ACC & Big East are right behind - with the Big 12 coming in last.

Ahh well - another overrated SEC team takes the tumble.

That is all.
LSU fans are sic. Not because Auburn lost, we wanted that. We're sick because we got robbed at Auburn, and the strongest arm in the country doesn't get to throw the ball over 20 yards down field. We lost to Florida. If it wasn't for that Auburn game we would be in the mix with every other 1 loss team still eyeing the BCS title game. The Pac 10 is the arena leauge of college football, fun to watch when nothing else is on but you can't name more than 2 players unless you live in California. Beside USC who is on the decline, they are a joke. Arizona over Cal, who did USC loose too? It really doesn't bother me when people say the SEC is overrated, it's hilarious. Do you know why SEC defense is tops? Because there is enough talent to put players on both sides of the ball. Georgia is not a bad team, they have a freshman QB, bottomline. My heart goes out to Miami for there recent loss. The FA fight was disgraceful. Thier record speaks for it self.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Cool - You guys are led by Larry Coker Jr. You'll never win ANYTHING of any merit with Miles as your head coach.
You didn't get robbed. That PI call was bad - but that was with like 4 mins. left. You had the ENTIRE game before that to actually run some freaking plays. That loss is all on Miles and Fischer's shoulders for being too damn conservative - 3 points is pathetic (like Miami's efforts this year). You guys need to own up to that loss and stop blaming the refs. I couldn't stand the crap I heard at work all that week after the Auburn/LSU game.
I don't disagree that with one loss LSU would be at #3 or #4.

I can name more than 2 players in the Pac 10 - and not just Cal ones (I saw their game in Knoxville live this year) - and I live in Louisiana.

UGa sucks. I know they have a frosh QB - but they never win anything (unless Hershel Walker is there). Auburn is a fraud. Wisconsin exposed them last year.

The Big 10's top 3 would beat all of the SEC's top 3 this year - with the execption of Arkansas. I think they beat Wisconsin and maybe one of Mich/Ohio St.

Thanks for the sympathy.
Yes - our record speaks for itself - I reject any notion that the fight has anything to do with that though. We'll get rid of Coker and be back soon enough.
Pay back is coming for the Buckeyes in 2009.

Come back if you ever want to talk football - we've got a good, civil (but meatheaded) crowd here. We talk all subjects in CFB - not just LSU. ;)

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
The Big 10's top 3 would beat all of the SEC's top 3 this year - with the execption of Arkansas. I think they beat Wisconsin and maybe one of Mich/Ohio St.
C'mon bowl season!

Come back if you ever want to talk football - we've got a good, civil (but meatheaded) crowd here. We talk all subjects in CFB - not just LSU. ;)
You mean there's more than LSU? ;)

size

Awards
  • Established
Cool - You guys are led by Larry Coker Jr. You'll never win ANYTHING of any merit with Miles as your head coach.
I agree with you on Miles. LSU is absolutley stocked with talented players but Miles just does not seem to know how to use them. How many running backs does LSU have that could start somewhere in college, yet Miles can't seem to get a consistent game. His coaching is questionable as well. The passing game was doing quite well against Auburn but still wants to force running that is getting nothing. LSU +300 yards, Auburn under 200, LSU loss. I can't imagine LSU people are going to tolerate Miles for much longer.

I disagree with this. Ohio St. and Michigan I can agree with and understand but Wisconsin no. Wisconsin is not as good as the record indicates. They struggled to beat Illinios and San Diego State. I beleive LSU, Florida, and Arkansas all take Wisc.

Not because Auburn lost, we wanted that. We're sick because we got robbed at Auburn, and the strongest arm in the country doesn't get to throw the ball over 20 yards down field. We lost to Florida.
LSU loses both of those games b/c Miles's poor coaching or Russell blew the game. LSU could have beaten Florida on the field but Russell kept giving the game away. Against Auburn, Miles coaches LSU to an easy loss. The result, LSU has two losses and no SEC title. LSU has too much talent for it to be wasted.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
THANK YOU SIZE!!!

Yeah - on Wisky, thinking about it - I have NO CLUE how well they would play. Since they've only played Michigan. I get fed this crap about how good they are from a Wisky alum that works down the hall.

Bigballa

Awards
I agree with you on Miles. LSU is absolutley stocked with talented players but Miles just does not seem to know how to use them. How many running backs does LSU have that could start somewhere in college, yet Miles can't seem to get a consistent game. His coaching is questionable as well. The passing game was doing quite well against Auburn but still wants to force running that is getting nothing. LSU +300 yards, Auburn under 200, LSU loss. I can't imagine LSU people are going to tolerate Miles for much longer.
He's lucky they scraped out that win at Tennessee or people would be talking even more about his "soft" coaching style and inability to win road games against quality opponents. He better win at Arkansas too (which i doubt they will) or all hell will break loose with alumni and boosters *****ing for the next couple months in Baton Rouge.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Balla - the people of south Louisiana just don't "get it" in my experience.

I don't see a FireLesMiles.com site yet - but Miami fans had one up when we had our 1st 3 loss season 3 years ago.

I'm convinced the heat will not be all that big even if you guys lose to Ark. A few people will be mad - but Coker Jr. will be back.
Enjoy mediocrity. It's amazing not caring if your team wins or not. And not yelling at the tv.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It's not that they don't care RD. It's that they have CONSTANT excuses as to why they lost those football games.

I.E. "Auburn beat us because of the PI call." or "UT beat us because our boys were worn out from not eating after Katrina." ( I never understood that one - I ate and I'm merely a peon, not a football player getting kickbacks at a big D-1A schoo - yet I digress.)

They can't see the forest for the trees, RD. (In case you hadn't noticed, I'm sort of a big picture engr.)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea what you just typed. Can you make that into an equation????

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm headed back to TN for a week starting tomorrow. I may not be on the boards at all - you keep up the good fight with the *'s.

I'll be rooting hard for the Blue on Saturday afternoon.

Have a good Thanksgiving bruh.