Go Canes, in memory of Bryan Pata

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I hope Miami wins and wins big today.

Not since Brett Farve's father passed away have I really wanted to a death to inspire a team. Maybe it's media driven, I don't know. I just want Miami to win big today so Pata is remembered again for being a person of integrity.

Hopefully Miami and Pata is the lead story in sports news tonight.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You and me both.

We've got LOTS of injuries though. We are already down 7-0.
Doesn't look good.

I'm holding out hope something special can happen on Nov. 25th against BC (Senior Day) - ala UCLA '98.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Few times I root for other teams but this one is a worthy cause. It has been a pretty rough year for the Canes so hpefully a win helps a little.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
F*cking stomach punch game if I've listened to one.

Drops left and right by the WR's. 2 HORRIBLE plays by our corners are the differnece. Other than those - we pretty much shut Maryland down.

Damn - I'm hoping with Kirby Freeman at QB we might beat Virginia and Boston College to close out the season.

monsterboy

Awards
It sucks that the canes didn't win today. I really wanted to see them have something good happen for them with all the bad stuff that's happened to program lately. Unfortunately, they're just not a very good team. I really think it's time to get a new coaching staff in there to reinvigorate the program and bring back the UM swagger.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
Too bad the Noles lost also! They had stickers on their helmits w/ #95 in memory of Bryan Pata. Edwin Pierre-Pata, is a senior walk-on at Florida State. A win or not he was remembered by two teams showing support...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - I appreciated that by the Noles.

I think the Gates had some moment of silence too. They heavily recruited Pata - it was down to UM and UF when he signed.

Too bad those "classy" UMd fans booed the Canes as they knelt pre-game....

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Too bad those "classy" UMd fans booed the Canes as they knelt pre-game....
Do you ever stop whining...seriously man... I bet most of the fans had no idea what happend to Pata, and for the ones that did, it's not like they were booing him. It's extremely sad what happend to Pata, but Miami doesn't deserve a pity party.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm not whining.
Whining was me after UM got left out of the Orange in 2000. Or the Fiesta a few years later.

They KNEW about Pata. Their players were wearing decals (or something like that).
Those fans were a bunch of retards, apparently.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
They KNEW about Pata. Their players were wearing decals (or something like that).
Those fans were a bunch of retards, apparently.
That was worse then Eagles fans cheering when Michael Irvin was taken off the field in a stretcher. They do realize that a real person was killed and that's nothing to ridicule right ?