Bizarro world in the ACC

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
UMD- 13 Clemson- 12

Maryland has had a bad season this year, yet still has a shot at the ACC title game if they win out their tough schedule. Seems like the ACC is down this year as far as national powers, but might be pretty evenly matched at least

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - and Wake is leading BC 17-7 w/ 6 mins. left in the 3rd.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
The ACC this year is very evenly matched! However FSU defies all odds and still finds a way to lose :think:

If we play the way we played today against WF, CM, and UF and win out I will be happy.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah bro, don't bet on any ACC games this year :lol:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I actually think FSU will beat UF this year.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
I actually think FSU will beat UF this year.
I'm honeslty a little scared of FSU not b/c they are a good team though. Their season has sucked, and if they beat us that will make up for a lot the bad times this year, they will be fired up and ready to play, plus the game is in tally. If lousiville loses a game and UF has a shot at the NC bid then I think the emotional factor is about even and FSU will have no shot.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
I'm honeslty a little scared of FSU not b/c they are a good team though. Their season has sucked, and if they beat us that will make up for a lot the bad times this year, they will be fired up and ready to play, plus the game is in tally. If lousiville loses a game and UF has a shot at the NC bid then I think the emotional factor is about even and FSU will have no shot.
I will be at this game and would love to see UF upset by FSU! All in all this will be a good game.

...If FSU wins I am going to be one of the crazy idiotic fans rushing the field!!! :head:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Here's the thing - I'll make the analogy to LSU against UT. LSU's season is over - FSU's was over along time ago. Lee is lighting it up. Bowden has turned the offense loose (about as well as that old azz man can) - and they are just playing ball.
They have NO big wins. Miami doesn't count - we are terrible.

I think they are due one big win.

Gators - that NC shot didn't help FLA in 2001 did it??? You guys BLEW a shot to get blown out by the greatest team of all time in the Rose when Travis Stephens came down to the Swamp and ran WILD (I think UT won like 34-20 or something).
I don't think an NC shot for FLA will have any bearing on that game.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I bet Miami feels stupid about choosing Coker over Schiano right about now.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You COT DAMN right!!!!!

The only solace I have right now (outside of watching all those Guido's rush the field - that was hilarious) is that from what I've read (on the internet mind you) he's the #1 candidate at Miami.

I'm going to resort to witchcraft here pretty soon to get Coker out and Schiano back.

Shut out L'ville in the 2nd half!!! Man - I was damn impressed tonight.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
JMH, what happened with miami and butch davis? I have read about him going to UNC next season, which seemed strange considering the likely vacancy at the U. And in regards to the Rutgers game, don't be too jealous of Rutgers...they are still from new jersey :sad:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Man - I don't know. He just got off the radio in Miami w/ Hank Goldberg (the horse racing guy on ESPN).

Says UNC and MichState are the only schools to have contacted him - but that he's "waiting" (something like that).

My view is do NOT trust anything he says. In late 2000 - he was talking about an extenstion w/ The U and how he was going to stay, blah blah blah. A month (a month!!!) before Signing Day 2001 - he bolts for the Cleveland Browns.

Honestly - I'll support him if he comes back (I'm operating under the "anyone but Coker" philiosophy) but I think I ascribe to the "lightening doesn't strike twice" idea - meaning, I'd rather get someone new.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
WOW all I can say is WOW! FSU has really lost it. They play well one week and totally suck ass the next? WTF is wrong? The coaching, offense, defense, lack of quarter back skill, or what? I mean seriously how you can you offically suck this bad? I really thought they would pull it together for the rest of the season to sort of "redem" themselves but I was dead wrong. Wake Forest deserves the win and they earned it!

A couple of teams in the ACC really need to be evaluated from the top down and completely start from scratch.

monsterboy

Awards
The FSU coaching staff is out of touch now. Bobby Bowden needs to retire and Jeff Bowden needs to be Fired. Then they need to beg Mark Richt to come back and take over the team.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Kris - I told you back right after our game that BOTH teams would have 4-5 losses.

I'll find the post and link it at some point.

But - suffice it to say, I told ya so.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
Kris - I told you back right after our game that BOTH teams would have 4-5 losses.

I'll find the post and link it at some point.

But - suffice it to say, I told ya so.
After that game I just thought that it was the first game of the season for both teams so thats why it was so sloppy. But I really knew right off the bat that we SUCKED when we struggled against Troy. Then the loss at our next game against Clemson was the cherry on top to a shi*t season.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
Miami - 17
BC - 14

:wtf:

The ACC is indeed Bizarre! Miami played a pretty good game but BC was sucking thanksgiving turkey balls!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
That's what you call one of THE best D's in the conference. We held BC to under 150 TOTAL yards.

So - what does that game say about FSU? Since FSU lost to BC....

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
So - what does that game say about FSU? Since FSU lost to BC....
That BC played a great game against us and they played a ****ty game against you...

and NOW since you guys are so good you guys should play for the acc championship and national title!!:icon_lol:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Nope - Miami's D is better than FSU's D this year.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
As far as expectations, I'd agree. Otherwise - that's total BS. We would both beat the rest of those teams handidly. That's with Coker and Jeff Bowden.

I mean - come on: Waiting list: Colorado (2-10), Memphis (2-10), North Carolina (3-9), NC State (3-9), San Diego State (3-9), UAB (3-9) and UNLV (2-10).
Riiiiiiiiiight.

Hell - we both beat UNC. How they are better than us, I'll never understand.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Well - I didn't read the intro.
You should know by now that if it doesn't have data - I won't read it.