SEC: The most overrated conference in America. says my friend

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. O.K., O.K. But what's with all this "we" crap. Did you play on that '84 team. Wait, according to your age, what were you, 4years old at the time? Ahhh....the golden years.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Innings Eater
    O.K., O.K. But what's with all this "we" crap. Did you play on that '84 team. Wait, according to your age, what were you, 4years old at the time? Ahhh....the golden years.
    Come on bro. Jay is just passionate about football like many of us. Of course he didn't play for the '84 Canes, he's just trying to make a point. Hasn't anyone else in here ever used "we" when talking about their favorite team ? I still say "we" beat the Cowboys with the The Catch in '81 and I think I was barely learning my first cuss word back then
    •   

3. Agreed, it is certainly commonplace for people to refer to their team as "we". Not to mention I believe jmh also went to the U

4. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Come on bro. Jay is just passionate about football like many of us. Of course he didn't play for the '84 Canes, he's just trying to make a point.
    I think you're missing the point I intended to make.
    All I did was make a point re: the SEC. (which is the topic of this thread)

Mr. Miami, Jay, retorted in a smart-a$$ tone. I'm just returning the favor by busting his ba!!s a bit. Ease up guys.
    I don't think anybody got hurt.

Miami may have "perfected it" (showing that speed kills), but I believe the SEC (should I now say we?) is who brought the idea to the masses. That's all.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Innings Eater
    I think you're missing the point I intended to make.
    All I did was make a point re: the SEC. (which is the topic of this thread)

Mr. Miami, Jay, retorted in a smart-a$$ tone. I'm just returning the favor by busting his ba!!s a bit. Ease up guys.
    I don't think anybody got hurt.

Miami may have "perfected it" (showing that speed kills), but I believe the SEC (should I now say we?) is who brought the idea to the masses. That's all.
    No worries bro. I see what you're saying. Kinda like how we (49ers) invented the West Coast offense and then someone saying the Packers perfected it. I'd definitely have to remind them about the guy in my avatar and Cool Joe
    •   

6. Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    I still say "we" beat the Cowboys with the The Catch in '81 and I think I was barely learning my first cuss word back then
    I think I was about 8 at the time. I actually cried that day when Everson Walls couldn't get to that ball. Damn Cowboys.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone

The Chargers and the Raiders invented the WCO, and The Niners modified and perfected it, and now a dozen or so NFL teams run it.
    Touche, they did have their influence, so did Paul Brown with the Cincinnati Bengals. Bill Walsh and the 49ers just get the lion's share of the credit

8. Yup - I said WE. As in the Hurricane family.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 06:26 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 01:32 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 01:14 AM
  4. What is the most Lb. gained in one cycle?
    By TravisG in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 05:08 PM
  5. The most dominating player in sports?
    By DieTrying in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 05:27 PM