Damn I was Jealous of Oregon State...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Awesome job by OrState.

Awesome to see all those hippie kids storming the field. I think the whole state of Oregon was on the field in Corvallis.

Biggest win by Or State ever.

(I'm jealous because Miami has gone from the greatest freaking team of all time in 2001 to 4-3 in 2006. We haven't had a big win at home in so damn long it isn't funny.)

I'll retreat back to calling and emailing the AD and President to fire Coker tomorrow...
Congrats Oregon State!

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
It was bound to happen. I am doubtful of teams with 1st year qb's. I think Texas loses another game this year because of this theory. No way their only loss comes at home against the #1 team in the nation.

Timius

Awards
Awesome job by OrState.

Awesome to see all those hippie kids storming the field. I think the whole state of Oregon was on the field in Corvallis.

(I'm jealous because Miami has gone from the greatest freaking team of all time in 2001 to 4-3 in 2006. We haven't had a big win at home in so damn long it isn't funny.)

I'll retreat back to calling and emailing the AD and President to fire Coker tomorrow...
Congrats Oregon State!
Actually, all the hippie kids go to the U of O! There are a lot of blue collar OSU alum that would be very upset being referred to as hippies ;)

Good win for my Grad School alma matter. It's a shame, I was offered tickets to the game but to the fact that I am a high school football coach and we are in the play-off hunt I could not attend :(

I had to get back and break donw film. Not to mention we are also playing our crosstown rival next friday.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Awesome job by OrState.

Congrats Oregon State!
LMAO Coker is gone for sure. Could have been 3-4 if Duke had a little more left in them. I almost bet on the U but my good senses took over LOL.

Maybe this is the year my Cal Bears beat the Trojans and go to the Rose Bowl :head: and no, I'm not a Berkeley hippie :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Dude - I watched Cal get their freaking ass beat in Knoxville live.

Lynch and Jackson are good - but if they win the Pac 10 it'll show me what everyone in the South have been saying - it's not that strong of a conference.
(Not that the ACC is all that good...)

Yeah - sorry Tim. I assumed all you Oregonities were hippies because I only see stuff about U of Oregon.
BTW - we were glad to get rid of Erickson...

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Lynch and Jackson are good - but if they win the Pac 10 it'll show me what everyone in the South have been saying - it's not that strong of a conference.

I dunno what is going on with the ACC this year. I thought Clemson was gonna run away with it after they handled GT so easily, but I was at the game thursday in Blacksburg and Clemson looked awful.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
RD- it was meant to be a quote, I guess i messed it up.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Nah - I think the Neyland advantage is overrated these last few years.
UT was freaking awful last year. Florida has come in and won quite a few times (UGa too) the last few years. I watched UT get blown out by my team in '02 at Neyland.

I'll give David Cutcliff credit. Erik Ainge was a completely different QB that night against Cal than he's been at any point in his career at UT.
This UT offense is one of the best in the country, IMO.

Back to that hippie Cal team - they should be pretty good next year even if Lynch goes early. They'll have Longshore back at QB, DeShawn Jackson at WR, and the back-up RB (forget his name right now) who's pretty darn good.
If Cal can beat USC - pretty good chance they end the year in the top 5 (assuming they win the Rose) and I think they'll start in the top 5 next year too. (When they get UT at home....)

BTW - Methinks RD hath sustained too much damage to the cranium from his playing days. Are you like Aikman in that you have to make sticky notes in your car to tell you how to get back home???
:stick:

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
The State remains undefeated another week.
The State University of New Jersey that is RUTGERS baby, you gotta believe BCS BCS BCS! can you feel it!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - if you had told me back when Schiano left Miami to go to Butgers that in 2006 they'd be ranked like 12th in the BCS and we'd be un-ranked, I'd have slapped you.

I'm in the Twilight Zone.

I can only hope Schiano is back at Miami as the head coach in 2007.
;)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I nearly threw up and had the police called on me at the sports bar (diet coke for me). but I gotta hand it to Oregon State.
15 true freshman played on USC's defense at some point in the game. Either way, Beavers came to play.

unless you watched the game, please do not comment on John David Booty based on the statline. He was 10-11 in the first half, and his first half was garbage.

JD Booty is 3 and out in 15seconds or leads an average drive downfield. He can't throw to Dwayne Jarrett - throws it low to a 6-5 wideout. He throws high to Smith. Jarrett let us down, 3 drops in the endzone. 3! and the first was an INT.

Mark Sanchez next year.
Pete Carroll isn't off the hook though, he has to demand more from his players.

Lane Kiffin's play calling doesn't help either.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
USC is missing a fullback.
actually 3 of them are injured.
ah well, still they have to play better

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Poor special teams KILLED USC yet again.

Seems like most of those kids aren't interested in doing the "blue collar work" on special teams.
(Not that anyone at Miami does anymore...)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
it wasn't really special teams, they blocked a field goal and generally got decent field position after oregon state scored OVER and OVER. I watched the entire game live. It was lack of intensity on defense - if I had to point to something. It would be 3rd and 12, SC would play prevent and Oregon State would run a draw play for a 1st down. Just pathetic. USC's front 4 could not get in the backfield. Only when they started blitzing Dallas Sartz (3 sacks) did they get pressure on the QB.

Whoever is calling the offense (Lane Kiffin) and whoever is calling the defense, should be on the hot seat.

I don't goto USC so I'm not blindly loyal to Pete Carroll. He has to take some of the blame for this crap. If he doesn't like the plays that his good ole buddy Lane is calling, he should tell him to have a seat. I just get the feeling that, Charlie Weis would have cameback in that game - because he would not have gotten so far down.

I'll admire USC's ability to fight, but they outplayed Oregon State for only 1 quarter.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
That HUGE 53 yard field goal by the OrState kicker was the difference.

I had turned the game on right before that - I said to the guys I was watching the game with "no way he makes this, no way".

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Dude - I watched Cal get their freaking ass beat in Knoxville live.

Yeah, but Cal has improved a TON. Tedford found a good formula for Nate Longshore and he's a very underrated QB that does quite a bit with average receivers. Marshawn Lynch is just awesome but Justin Forsett might actually be the most talented back on the Cal roster. The bad thing about the PAC-10 is the defenses, they are a notch below most SEC, Big 12, and Big 10 teams. Cal is a very young team and this group should peak next year. At the beginning of the year I thought they'd probably be third behind USC and Oregon due to the lack of experience but it hasn't been much of a problem. Thank God we locked up Tedford to a long term deal, the only other place I'd want to see him is accross the Bay Bridge with the 49ers ! I'm starting to have doubts about Nolan

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Is there an echo in here, Plagiarism much?

Cal is smelling like a Rose, it's that filthy Hippie Iron Warrior that's stankin up the joint!! :toilet:
Hey, at least there's a lot of double d's near me on a daily basis, does wonders for your test levels :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You know - I've thought some more about Cal.
I think that if they finish strong - maybe a Rose Bowl win?? - they will end up in the top 5 preseason.

They'll have Longshore back, Jackson back, and the back-up RB (Forsett?) - the O will be set.
Yeah - it'll be another Pac 10 D for them next year.
And - they get UT at home early in the season. I think they also get SC at home.
Next year should be the year for Cal to make a run for the Sugar (I think that's the Championship bowl next year) - as I think both SC and UT will end up in the top 10 next year.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
USC plays California at the SC LA Colliseum

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - saw their schedule on GameDay - all of their big games are at home the rest of this season.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Cal is definitely primed for next year, all their big games are at home. Tedford built this team for 2007. I'm beginning to believe we can beat USC this year but we'll have to tackle well and play mistake free ball

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bump.

Another HUGE win for the hippies at Oregon State.
Congrats guys!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Way to bump this masterpiece jmh!

I love watching USC lose.