First BCS Standings Out

festus

festus

Awards
I'm from Oklahoma and went to O.U. I'm just thankful we're still in the top 25. I hope we can stay there until the end of the season w/o Peterson.
Sorry bout how your 'canes are doing this year.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yup. We'll see you guys on Sept. 9th in Norman in '07. Hopefully without Peterson....

Hopefully with a new head coach heading the program. (Bob Stoops was a rumor last week....now no one wants to talk about anything but the fight.)

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Not too bad, except WVU got screwed by the computer polls. Rutgers ahead of GT, I dont see how. But then again its the first week, not much to argue over yet. Im hoping Boise can move up from 15 and get to the BCS. I dont know if they can actually hang with the big boys, but would love to see them try.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
i will never understand why teams like USC and Louisville can be so highly ranked over so many SEC teams that have like 9 teams in the top 25 and would easily win if they played. To many BS factors, i say just pick your favorite team, hope for the best, and start tailgating @ 6am.

Bigballa

Awards
i will never understand why teams like USC and Louisville can be so highly ranked over so many SEC teams that have like 9 teams in the top 25 and would easily win if they played. To many BS factors, i say just pick your favorite team, hope for the best, and start tailgating @ 6am.
I agree bro but they're going to get whats coming to them. Louisville plays W.Virginia next week and USC has a brutal 3 game stretch comin up with Oregon, Cal, And Notre Dame. If both of them can get through that without a loss then they deserve to be ranked high.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The SEC is good, but it's not head and shoulders above the rest. The bottom teams in the SEC are better then the bottom teams in most other conferences but the teams at the top of the SEC may not even be the best in the nation. Perhaps that honor belongs to the Big 10 with Michigan & The OSU at the top

Here's the new top 10 BS rankings.

1. OSU
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. WV
5. Auburn
6. Florida
7. Texas
8. Louisville
9. Notre Dame
10. California

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I think you are right on the game on the 18th.

I think L'ville gets better as Brohm rounds back into form. Urutia - tall WR - (or however you spell it) will SHREAD WVu's secondary.
Mississippi St moved the ball and scored a good amount of points on WVU. And, Petrino is a better coach than RichRod IMO.
It'll be a shootout - but I say UL 42 WVU 38. Should be one helluva game.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Louisville has to beat WVU, unlikely giving the way both are playing. WVU -10 or more today, my spread.

USC has had two bye weeks, time for the Trojans to step up and beat someone down and prove they deserve their ranking, they have the talent, let's see it in a cohesive form.

OSU is the best team by default, they haven't been challenged by a team with both a really good O and D, same with Michigan, both B10 teams would have been battle proven had they fought a Florida Schedule.

Here's what I say - OSU has the talent to run the SEC or any conference, and Michigan would have lost a game versus a Florida/ SEC schedule, they fade in long patches, but, when it comes down to "THE GAME"that really really counts, Michigan is tougher than OSU, ball control/TOP, Smashmouth run O and D, 2 secondary and 1 spectacular receiver to outscore the Bucks and a RB that gets stronger and stronger as the opposing D gets weaker.

The Buckeye fans can talk all the stat smack they want, come November 18th, Columbus Ohio in a heavy slogging rain, Ohio State and Michigan play the real National championship game, and the Wolverines will outmuscle, outtough, and occasionally outfinesse the Bucks to victory.
So now that we're within the 30-day mark, we can run smack? Is it OK now because I thought I threw sand in your maize and blue vagina when I did it early in the season. :thumbsup: