HUGE Brawl in the Fla International - Miami Game.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
8 FIU players ejected and 5 Miami players ejected.

UGLY!

All started after a Miami extra point (to go up 14-0 in the 3rd) - appears some guy from FIU named Singleton started it - went after the holder/kicker (I couldn't tell exactly on the stream - poor screenshots).

Man, this is bad.

Suspensions will rain down when the ACC gets ahold of this...
:blink:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I saw a Miami player swinging his helmet as a weapon. Merriweather is giving people little kicks...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
This was annoying. FIU players were running their mouths and jawing the whole game. They started it.

We shoulda been mature enough not to get baited by those retards.

My irritation is the typical BS the rest of college football fans and ESPN people spew at Miami whenever they can.

WHERE WAS THE F*CKING OUTRAGE WHEN LSU PLAYERS DID THE SAME D*MN SH*T AFTER THE PEACH!!! (I.E swinging helmets at UM players not wearing helmets.)

Oh - I forget. No one else is ever wrong in CFB except Miami.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
haha Miami = George Bush

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Michigan won by 7
USC won by 7

I still think Michigan is #2 though. :)

RD is right, Big10 teams have respect for the game. I have to agree. SEC teams have a post game prayer that includes both teams.

Miami starting a fight? no way, the canes always get f_cked with!

either way, it's nice to see that Miami has a pulse, I mean seriously... I wish the Gators were that emotional tonight.

Oh well, I'm a 100% USC fan now. I just like Brandon Siler, JMoss, Timmy and a few others.

fight on SC

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Cryami, boo hoo, blame the other team of being the perp.

Next time you make accusations about the "foul" nature of another, consider the last time, never, that you saw a mediocre Buckeyes team dance on an opponent's logo one week, and cleat stomp downed players the next.

You're not doing your team any favors by spinning Thug Conduct.

Sweet day from my side, Gators go down, USC Struggles, the #1 Buckeyes and the #2 Wolverines march on to "THE GAME".
Buckeye players have had their moments ie. Robert Reynolds, and OSU and Wisconsin had this thing going for a few years where they each had wins in the other's house and danced on the midfield logo afterwards. This is the point that I started to hate Whisky and honestly consider them a larger rival, personally, than PSU.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Weather it was Miami's fault or not, they aren't doing anything to help the "thug" image that football team is branded, fairly or not. I'm honestly not sure know how more of these brawls dont break out, this game is way too emotional, i remember times when I played where I wished someone would start a brawl so I could jump in. Allthough cheep shots (cleating and swinging helmets) is BS and should never happen.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bench-Clearing Brawl Mars Hurricanes' Win

"I think that it will affect the image of our program greatly, but in a positive way," Miami coach Larry Coker said. "I think that when they see the video and they see how it was handled they will be impressed with our players. This will not be a very big thing for the University of Miami. It was impressive in that it was handled very well."

What is that guy smokin?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Cryami, boo hoo, blame the other team of being the perp.

Next time you make accusations about the "foul" nature of another, consider the last time, never, that you saw a mediocre Buckeyes team dance on an opponent's logo one week, and cleat stomping downed players the next.

You're not doing your team any favors by spinning Thug Conduct.

Sweet day from my side, Gators go down, USC Struggles, the #1 Buckeyes and the #2 Wolverines march on to "THE GAME".

WHATEVER RD.

The Bucks have done plenty of sh*t. Binge mentions the choke of Jim Sorgi by Robert Reynolds.

Obviously - there was LITTLE outrage by the rest of CFB with that...huh? Considering you didn't even know about it...

I don't agree with guys swinging helmets or stomping dudes while they were down or suplexing some retard RB from FIU.
But - WTF did you expect? They had the holder down kicking and punching him (Perelli).
The rest of the guys on the field came to the defense. I can't and won't fault them for that.
Some of the conduct towards the end was excessive though.

FIU started it. They were taking cheap shots the whole game. Those kids obviously had a chip on their shoulder for not getting a scholarship to Miami.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
This is what started it all.

The kicker (John Pettie) is getting his nose picked by #96 while the holder (Matt Perrelli) is getting taken down and then punched and kicked by #26 and a host of other FIU players.

You just can't sit back and watch the freaking kicker and holder get man-handeled.
(The helmet swinging was out of hand though.)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol...now we're to "They started it?"

:lol:

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
yeah the good ole "they started it defense", I guess no one on their team ever heard of being the bigger person or turning the other cheek. When people act like this they're no different than animals and it makes me sick.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Turn the other cheek my azz.

I wouldn't walk away or sing Coom-by-ya if my holder and kicker were getting kicked and punched.
:rolleyes:

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
I understand man, not everyone can control their emotions and basically act on an impulse. The only problem with that is where does it end? Someone messes with a kicker, then someone swings a helmet, what has to happen for it to be considered going to far? Someone getting seriously injured?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've maintained (go look back at my posts) that I DO NOT agree with swining helmets at players without helmets.

That's EXACTLY what some puzzy LSU players did after the Peach. They knocked out 2 UM players. Cold.
(Last night you saw Merriweather completely make an A-Rod esque wiff with his helmet, stupid retard. The Yanks should sign him to play 3B from what I saw...)

If you wanna fight - do it with your fists or whatever.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm wondering if we'll have 22 players eligible to play at Duke next week.

Says here that the NCAA has a rule in FB that leaving the bench to fight = suspension for one game. We had ALOT of players that left the bench - not all appeared to fight from what I saw.
So - if the interpretation is "leave the bench period = suspension" - we may have quite a few players out against Duke. Might be playing walk-ons.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Rouge - I'm a chemical engineer for a HUGE oil company. I get paid to interpret data HONESTLY. My integrity is not allowed to be called into question - I'd be fired before that even happened.

The FIU bench cleared first. The tape is up on YouTube. I don't have the link handy - but it's been watched a ****-ton of times by now.

There's a pic floating around of Kenny Phillips (UM FS) getting hit in the head with a flying elbow after he's already gone down after his interception in the first Q. That was the extent of FIU's intentions this whole game.
These kids had a grudge that they didn't get into Miami - and they chose to play chippy with kids they knew from high school.
They came for a fight IMO. I believe that had we put up 28 in the first Q instead of the 4th - they still would have been baiting the UM players into a fight. It was inevitable IMO. (I watched the whole game on ESPN Gameplan online.)

Was Miami right to get involved to the extent? No.
No one should have been swinging helmets or pulling an Albert Haynesworth (even if Reddick pulled an A-Rod and totally whiffed).
But - make no mistake - the FIU bench emptied first. Had someone from Miami not gone to help - I'd be even more DISGUSTED at the players.
You simply can't leave your teammates out on the field to get freaking pummeled. This wasn't a hockey fight (one guy fighting one other guy). There were 3 guys kicking and punching the holder.
As a football player running on whatever our kids were running on (not much before the fight) you just can't simply watch that and claim you have a spine.
You know how it is RD. You've played at a high level. You can't leave your teammates behing (unless you are Terrel Owens).

Sad to say that this is the most emotion I've seen us play with this year. But - I'm happy that it happened at some point this year.

I'm not in the camp that this event should lead to Coker's firing. He should be fired anyway for being a terrible head coach. I'm also not in the camp (as I saw on Bucknuts) that Butch wouldn't have allowed this. That's total BS IMO (as stated above - FIU was looking for a fight).

Now to the latest. 13 UM players were suspended for the Duke game. 18 FIU players were suspended for their game against Bama in 2 weeks (bye week next week for them). This was decided today when coordinators (or something) from the ACC and Sun Belt met at ACC HQ in N. Carolina.
Here are the UM players:
Carlos Armour, Chris Barney, James Bryant, Tyrone Byrd, DajLeon Farr, Ryan Hill, Bruce Johnson, Charlie Jones, Brandon Meriweather, Brian Monroe, Derrick Morse, Randy Phillips and Anthony Reddick

That's 4 starters and the punter. (Not sure what to think about the punter getting suspended...because with as bad as this offense is - we'll have to punt at least a few times against Duke.)

Not sure if that's just one game or more. There are a few CB's - which is serious trouble with the big GaTech matchup in 2 weeks. (Not like we could stop Cal Johnson anway...)

Joe Schad just reported on ESPN News that the UM board of trustees will meet on Monday with the president (Donna Shalala) and the athletic director (Paul Dee) to talk about the direction of the football program and Coker's grip on it.
He said he's heard it's not expected that Coker will be fired on Monday.

More to come...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yup. That's it.

Word is Lamar won't be fired by CSS. Sounds like they want him to be more "pro UM" and provide more insight into the program.

"You can't be coming into our place talking noise like that! You gonna get yo' butt beat!!"
I was laughing my azz off listening to that (that was the ESPN Gamecast I watched).
He's bad as a colorman though...just bad.

Funniest part in my mind is that an FIU player was wielding a crutch. WTF? (Que the scene from Austin Powers: "Who throws a shoe anyway??")
:icon_lol:

Where'd you get that emoticon?? Did I miss that on here???

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
All I have to say is Reddick should lose his scholarship(guy who swung his helmet). I think everything else has been said already.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Not sure I'd go that far - I'd suspend him for 3 or 4 games.

He barely hit the guy. He's just a terrible helmet-swinger.
Damn retard.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Somethins in those Florida Roids make em act crazy, they need to find new supplier!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I know RD - that's an example of ESPN's Gamecast online. The clairity sucks.
So - if anyone is thinking about buying that to watch your team's game - I wouldn't recommend it. It's the same price as getting it on TV. (I got it for free though. :twisted: )

Basso - too much tren, eh?
But - we've seen this all before in S. FLA, right??? "Say hello to my little friend!"

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
I just thought of a good idea...Miami could start a new Ultimate Fighting Championship league, where after everygame they get in a brawl with the other team. I'd watch that on Pay-Per View! ha i'm only kidding and giving jmh a hard time.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Thomas was on The Dan Patrick Show this afternoon on ESPN Radio. Before explaining his position, he mentioned that CSS had asked him to call them back re: his job status perhaps, but that he wanted to speak his mind on national radio instead.
He said most of his comments were meant jokingly but that he probably did get carried away somewhat in the heat of the moment and chalked his rant up to a learning experience. Then his rap sheet (lengthy; most crimes were violence vs. women as well as his pregnant fiancee')was read by Patrick and Olberman.
Who in the he!l thought he was the right man for the color job to begin with? When "The PlayMaker" agrees that you should be fired, that's bad.....
Perhaps "the U" could see if Beano Cook is available?....

Maybe they can schedule a quality non-conference game vs. Burt Reynolds' team from The Longest Yard, "The Mean Machine".

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
To quote a sign from their last National Championship game;

"...Was there ever any doubt!"

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yup - same old sh*t from the rest of CFB fans.
I'm not surprised in the least - your comments at the end of page 1 are spot on RD.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Yup - same old sh*t from the rest of CFB fans.
You want the glory of a powerhouse program when you win, but can't handle backlash when your team does something stupid?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No college football program is perfect and I've never been a fan of the 'athletes are role-models' BS. UM has just taken it too far. Over the past several years the program has continued to spiral downhill on many levels and this is just another incident. Coker needs to be fired NOW..

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I agree with is your last sentance, Die.

Most of the rest of your post is pure bull sh*t.
Pure bull sh*t.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The only thing I agree with is your last sentance, Die.

Most of the rest of your post is pure bull sh*t.
Pure bull sh*t.
What part don't you agree with? Lets look at the Canes over the past several years under Coker (aside from their actual performance)..
A. Brawl with the opposition in the tunnel coming off the field following a 37-point bowl loss …
B. Have players on your team recording a spectacularly profane rap song about group sex …
C. Stomp on the midfield logo of another team in what could only be an intentional pregame attempt to antagonize …
D. Your best WR is suspended indefinetly???
E. Use your cleats, helmets and fists in a five-minute brawl with another team -- no matter who started it …

I'm not saying that LSU and FIU have clean hands, but you can't get in 2 brawls in a 7 game span and not take a look in the mirror yourself. Any one of these incidents is bad enough, here are 5. And I agree with a previous post...you can't hope for the glory when you play well and then shy away from the truth when things are not.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Rouge,
I won't change your mind about Miami. I've understood your position and opinion for a while now. I know this hasn't changed your opinion.

But - just hear me out for a second.

Let's consider the last brawl in CFB.
Sout Carolina and Clemson in late 2004.
Both of those teams didn't take a bowl bid. Effectively, those kids all served a one game ban.

How's it any different when 13 kids at Miami get suspended for one game also????

And where was the outrage from the rest of CFB after that game????

Better yet - where were the rest of the sanctimonious, high horse ridin' CFB fans calling for USC/CU to cancel the football program/kick most of the team off period/blaming both universities for Iran's nuclear program???? Yeah - it's gotten about that rediculous.

Yup - I know we have a reputation. But, that reputation was from 10 years ago.
Outside of Kellen Winslow wearing his heart on his sleeve (wouldn't you be yelling at someone if you played for Larry Coker?) a few years ago after the Vols game - what has happened at Miami since then that has somehow turned this program into the second coming of Al Queda???

It's because most CFB fans hate us for winning or they are too lazy to come up with anything else than some dumb, unfounded reputation.

I'm tired of it. Just tired of it.

Was I happy when we racked up over 200 yards of penalties yet beat Texas 46-3 in the 1991 Cotton Bowl?
Hell no.
Was I happy Luther Cambell was paying kids for interceptions and late hits?
Hell no.

The double standard between Miami and the rest of CFB just flat out pisses me off.
Make no mistake that had this happened anywhere else (see USC/CU in '04) - this is a story for a day or 2 and it doens't show up on the stupid Today Show.

(BTW - The whole Zook era just smacks of "high pot - I'm kettle"......)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
What part don't you agree with? Lets look at the Canes over the past several years under Coker (aside from their actual performance)..
A. Brawl with the opposition in the tunnel coming off the field following a 37-point bowl loss …
B. Have players on your team recording a spectacularly profane rap song about group sex …
C. Stomp on the midfield logo of another team in what could only be an intentional pregame attempt to antagonize …
D. Your best WR is suspended indefinetly???
E. Use your cleats, helmets and fists in a five-minute brawl with another team -- no matter who started it …

I'm not saying that LSU and FIU have clean hands, but you can't get in 2 brawls in a 7 game span and not take a look in the mirror yourself. Any one of these incidents is bad enough, here are 5. And I agree with a previous post...you can't hope for the glory when you play well and then shy away from the truth when things are not.

Let's examine the supposed brawl with LSU...

Dwayne Bowe takes a game ball from a UM ball boy. Jon Beason sees this and assumes Bowe was picking on the ball boy (who was like 14 years old) and follows Bowe to get the ball back. LSU players turn around to see Beason talking smack or whatever to Bowe.

What do the LSU players start doing?

That's right - swinging helmets at Beason. 3 UM players go to try to help Beason out (without helmets on) and get knocked out.

Yeah - I think Miami caused that one too.

Yeah - the song was in bad taste. I'll admit that. It was terrible too.

Stomping on a logo? Where's your outrage at Michigan State planing an MSU flag at mid-field of Notre Dame???
Yeah it was stupid for them to stomp on the bird. But that's an incident ONLY at Miami???

Moore is a moron. He's not our best WR though. I don't dispute you that his actions were unjustifiable for a man.
I saw some of that when I was in school at Tennessee.
Also - 2 FSU players did the same thing last year (hit a woman).

Again - you have a LB tackling the holder. You have 2 other guys kicking him in the helmet and trying to punch him or whatever.
I don't dispute swinging the helmet was bad. Reddick should be suspended.

But - like I said before - did you expect the Miami players to go try to sing Coom-by-ya to the 3 FIU guys with Perrilli down on the ground????

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
But - like I said before - did you expect the Miami players to go try to sing Coom-by-ya to the 3 FIU guys with Perrilli down on the ground????
No. Again, no college football team is made of perfect angels, but the 'everybody hates us because we're so good' and 'we didn't start it' act is weak. Your probably right about the dislike for UM starting ten years ago. What has the program done to clean-up the image? Give Willie Williams a scholarship?

I was watching Mr. UM Michael Irvin talk about how deeply saddened he is by the way the program is shaping out, and I'm thinking to myself "wasn't this guy just caught with weed?"

And I'm not saying this stuff as a Gator fan, I'm saying it as a South Florida resident. I personally don't really care one way or another (as I played with and against a few current UM players), and would rather talking spend time talking about football.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yup. They took a chance on Willie.

What did he do while in school at UM?
NOTHING.
Yeah - he wasn't so great at coverage as a SLB.
Was he out living in some 500 grand house that a booster paid for out in SoCal?
No.

They gave Willie a chance. As far as I know - he was a model student-athlete while at UM.
What's the problem with that?

BTW - didn't FLA and FSU give Willie a scholarship also????
Pretty sure both teams were in his top 3...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Rouge,
Yes - everything posted on the internet is factual. :blink:

Willie never had any brushes with the law while at UM.
Ryan Moore, yes.

Neither Sean Taylor nor Ray Lewis had high profile brushes with the law.

Not sure on the rest off the top of my head.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Shalala just completely contradicted herself on ESPN radio.
She said at her press conference that she did not watch the tape of the game( which is odd) then today on ESPN radio she said "we watched the tape frame by frame..." She gonna have to do some splain'n!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
RD - uhhhh, those blurbs were from when those guys were in the NFL?
:think:

BTW - a shot to the heart!!! An article by Amy Shipley - my mortal enemy!!!
WTF you tryin' to do to me here???

By the same token - should we be skewering Ohio St for Maurice Clarett for holding up a McDonalds? (Note that he wansn't on the team at the time...)

Whatever man - I don't understand why you are posting that - that stuff happened after those guys graduated...

Rhino - was that right after the game? I heard that Coker's first comments (linked on page 1 and commented by Bobo) were before he saw the tape.
Maybe that's what you mean by Shalala?
I'm SURE they watched whatever they had when talked with the ACC.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
jmh you keep refering to other college teams bad behavior and using that to justify Miami's actuions. However these incidents by other teams are normally a one time deal, your team keeps having these. If i was on the Miami squat during the LSU game and FIU game and the fights broke out like that I would be jumping to help my teamsates in a hearbeat. You obviously said the cleating and helmet swinging were bad but thats the main reason people keep talking about this. Also you have to wonder if the Miami players provoked these FIU guys the entire game...i have no idea if they did or not but i'm not going to accuse them, but just something to think about.

It's obvious they are going in the wrong direction, if they want to recruit problem kids on their team because they are the most tallented players in the country they then have to deal with those consequences. I'm hoping Miami stays away from standout Noel Devine for this reason. The kid is from my hometown and I've played against him in HS, but he's a troublemaker, despite his tallent i feel sorry for the university that takes a chance on him. I hope for Miami's sake they choose not to...even though some say he could be the next reggie bush.

For those of you who dont know who is he is, check this out it's unreal!
Putfile - Noel Devine Hurricane Remix LowRes

Also if you didn't know the theme song for that video "ballin boys" was written and sang by former miami hurricanes.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Shalala just completely contradicted herself on ESPN radio.
She said at her press conference that she did not watch the tape of the game( which is odd) then today on ESPN radio she said "we watched the tape frame by frame..." She gonna have to do some splain'n!
Shalala has also announced a "zero tolerance policy" for the entire athletic deptartment at Miami. Better yet, she also said that she wouldn't watch the tape because "it would make me madder and I need to keep a cool head". What??!!.....Isn't she supposed to be in charge?
.....The cop-outs continue. Next they'll say that race is driving the public backlash.
With Houston Nutt doing OK at Arkansas now, I hear that Butch Davis IS available. At least when Davis was there you didn't see all this type stuff happening at Miami.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Nobody at Miami has ever shown anything but 110% class.

just like when Najeh Davenport broke into some girls apartment and took a sh1t in her laundry basket. what was he supposed to do?

damn media, system, George Bush always bashing Miami!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
right I'm sure it was a mistake when Davenport broke into the girl's place and took a sh1t in a laundry basket.. things happen and ESPN shouldn't blow it up and make him look bad

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
it can be argued that the media actually caused the brawl, both FIU and Miami were victims of brainwashing

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
yo ce59, i know from this thread that your a USC fan but whats up with the pic of Rey Maualuga on your avatar?? i only ask because i played him and his team (the eureaka logers) our junior year in the section championchip game...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Let this die, CED.

Miami has more issues than most, but no one is really pure, my and your team and all others have a veritable turd in a laundry basket list of offenses charged and asserted and wielded by opposing fans and media over the years.

Football is a combat sport, **** happens.
yes sir i agree,, i'm just messing around.. the davenport incident of pooping in a laundry basket is a once in a lifetime thing.

actually, I nearly got in two fist fights with Gator rednecks this weekend who took exception to my Carson Palmer SC jersesy. They were booing USC and Miami everytime the updates came on. i hate to say it, but im going to root for miami until they get back on top..

canes' fans did some homework for me and have convinced me that Miami is probably the best modern day program. USC is very close. The 5 best: USC, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Nebraska(team of the 90s). no particular order