My Fantasy Team

1. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

My Fantasy Team

Figured I would post it just to see what you guys think.

QB's: Marc Bulger, Micheal Vick
    RB's: Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, Deuce McCallister
    WR's: Marvin Harrison, Andre Johnson, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Joe Jurevicious
    TE: Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow
    K: John Kasay
    DEF/ST: Seahawks, Bengals

My league requires 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF. to start and the rest as backups.

I absolutely love Willie Parker and took him pretty early. It was really either him, Julius Jones, Willis McGahee, Dominick Davis, and backs like that left, and I took a risk with Parker since he was ranked much lower, but I have seen what he can do even with the Bus there last year. Plus Duce ran for 21 yards on 11 carries in the last pre season.

I took Larry Johnson as an obvious 1st round, 1st pick, grabbed Marvin Harrison over Chad Johnson and Torry Holt, since I am afraid of Carson getting hurt and Torry is hurt as well. Steve Smith was also available but that hamstring has really been bothering him and he is a speed receiver, if he loses a step he wont be as dominant. Andre Johnson was someone I really didn't want but I took him in like the 5th round and at that point couldn't pass him up, he should have a better season this year with an improved offensive line and such. Houshmanzadeh was my sleeper last year and he will be this year, great all around player.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.5%

looks pretty good, might look to trade one of your qb's for a wr though....i just had my draft today i think i ended up pretty good:
    qb: k. warner and b. leftwich
    rb: LT, c. benson,c. taylor,m. anderson, r. droughns
    wr:chad johnson, l fitzgerald, a. johnson(didnt want him either but it was to late to pass him up) j. horn
    Te: j. witten, vernon davis
    K- m. vanderjagt(might drop right away)
    D/ST- atlanta
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.47%

IMO, aside from LJ, I'm not sold on Deuce or Willie, both who could end up being vary shakey backs... Although I must admit that the upside on Willie has been good lately in terms of him getting goalline carries at least in the start.

Michael Vick will be a fantasy nightmare... too much statistical variation. Find out if you can get another QB. I think Kitna would be a better option if he's available.

I actually like your WRs and think that it's one of the strong points if you can get a better backup than Jurevicius.
    •   

4. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

Quote Originally Posted by NYhomeboy
    IMO, aside from LJ, I'm not sold on Deuce or Willie, both who could end up being vary shakey backs... Although I must admit that the upside on Willie has been good lately in terms of him getting goalline carries at least in the start.

Michael Vick will be a fantasy nightmare... too much statistical variation. Find out if you can get another QB. I think Kitna would be a better option if he's available.

I actually like your WRs and think that it's one of the strong points if you can get a better backup than Jurevicius.
    Haha you are forgetting those are backups bro. I picked up deuce in like the 7th round, there really wasn't anyone else left to pick. Same thing with jurevicious, he was picked up in the 12th round lol. Houshmanzadeh is my true backup receiver and could be my number 2if andre johnson sucks, which he probably will. Vick is a fantasy nightmare but a great backup because some teams he goes WILD on.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.47%

Oh nice I thought you started 3 WRs... pretty solid then man. Look into Wali Lundy if you've got any roster space. He's my pick for this year's Willie Parker/Samkon Gado. You know Kubiak's gonna be successful in the run game and my hunch is that Wali starts the first 3-4 games. Hahaha as a Saints fan I can tell you that it's always a good move to start Vick vs. the Saints...
  6. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

Yeah I noticed that too, he probably definitely will since davis is hurt.
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.48%

QB D. McNabb (Phi - QB)
    WR L. Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
    WR Ro. Williams (Det - WR)
    WR T. Houshmandzadeh (Cin - WR)
    RB E. James (Ari - RB)
    RB C. Williams (TB - RB)
    TE A. Gates (SD - TE)
    BN K. Jones (Det - RB)
    BN V. Davis (SF - TE)
    BN B. Favre (GB - QB)
    BN J. Porter (Oak - WR)
    BN B. Leftwich (Jac - QB)

K S. Graham (Cin - K)

DEF New York (NYG - DEF)
    BN Miami (Mia - DEF)

This is just one of my teams. Actually the first one I did, I am thinking Leftwich or McNabb will be the #1 QB. While I let Farve sit and see if he has the magic this year or not. For some reason I think he might, just because hes Brett Farve. I wish I had room for Vernon Davis somewhere but Gates is definitly starting over him. Jones and Porter as backups isnt too bad either.
  8. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

McNabb will definitely be your starter more than likely. Jax has looked HORRIBLE in the preseason protecting Leftwich and Leftwich gets sacked a lot! He is a solid backup for you though for sure. There are probably going to be weeks that you have TJ Housh. starting over R Williams too, Housh has had a great preseason and damn did he do me good last year!

Pretty solid team, how many people are in your league? Seems like a lot of people didn't know how to draft lol because you got a lot of strong players. Gates will probably lose a ****load of catches this year unfortunately due to Philip Rivers who is still young though.

Look for that NYG defense to be rock solid this year as well .
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.48%

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    McNabb will definitely be your starter more than likely. Jax has looked HORRIBLE in the preseason protecting Leftwich and Leftwich gets sacked a lot! He is a solid backup for you though for sure. There are probably going to be weeks that you have TJ Housh. starting over R Williams too, Housh has had a great preseason and damn did he do me good last year!

Pretty solid team, how many people are in your league? Seems like a lot of people didn't know how to draft lol because you got a lot of strong players. Gates will probably lose a ****load of catches this year unfortunately due to Philip Rivers who is still young though.

Look for that NYG defense to be rock solid this year as well .
    Yeah I am not sold on McNabb or Leftwich though. I get to start 3 WR's, so Housh gets to start as well. I think its 12 team league, its just a yahoo public league. I honestly missed teh draft, but preranked my players, and came back with a better team than expected. Hopefully they can all stay healthy.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.74%

Willie Parker is gonna have a huge year bro with no Bus vulturing goal line TD's.....Your 2 RB's are the bomb....your WR are nice too....Lundy is a nice Waiver Wire pick up...i got him last night...he could very well be this years Willie Parker....look into Chester Taylor if u can....he might be the next Fantasy Priest Holmes
  11. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Oswizle
    Willie Parker is gonna have a huge year bro with no Bus vulturing goal line TD's.....Your 2 RB's are the bomb....your WR are nice too....Lundy is a nice Waiver Wire pick up...i got him last night...he could very well be this years Willie Parker....look into Chester Taylor if u can....he might be the next Fantasy Priest Holmes
    Hehe yeah I picked up Lundy two days ago off waivers. Yeah my bro in law got C. Taylor so I didn't get a chance with that. I wont start Lundy in the first game because the texans are so unbelievably horrible but I will gauge his progress and maybe trade him if he becomes hot along with johnson for a better receiver and a low end rb
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Oswizle
    ...look into Chester Taylor if u can....he might be the next Fantasy Priest Holmes
    aagreed! all he got to do is get behind that brick wall hutchinson and he should top 1500 ap yds with ease!!
  13. All The Whey Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.45%

One of the leagues that I'm in is a keeper league.

Have P. Manning AND McNabb on the same roster.
  14. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.26%

Sorry Larry Johnson owners. Herman Edwards is going to ruin the Chiefs offense. D1ck Vermeil is a offensive genius (see Rams,Chiefs). Herm Edwards will give you good soundbytes but he shouldn't be coaching in the NFL.
  15. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.26%

Quote Originally Posted by Big Matt
    One of the leagues that I'm in is a keeper league.

Have P. Manning AND McNabb on the same roster.
    That's awesome, they are also on my keeper roster with underrated Brad Johnson backing them up
  16. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.26%

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    McNabb will definitely be your starter more than likely. Jax has looked HORRIBLE in the preseason protecting Leftwich and Leftwich gets sacked a lot! He is a solid backup for you though for sure.
    agreed, the jags lose Jimmy Smith and they do nothing to address the WR position. Matt Jones might be good for a couple big plays a year, but he is no #1 reciever. Del Rio is a bonehead in the redzone.
  17. All The Whey Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.45%

Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    Sorry Larry Johnson owners. Herman Edwards is going to ruin the Chiefs offense. D1ck Vermeil is a offensive genius (see Rams,Chiefs). Herm Edwards will give you good soundbytes but he shouldn't be coaching in the NFL.
    A former Eagle can do no wrong! Take it back! :bruce1: LOL

Similar Forum Threads

1. look at what my team got!
    By BMW in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 12:50 AM
  2. My newest fantasy team (draft results) :)
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-18-2005, 05:22 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 12:49 AM
  4. My Fantasy Team
    By LakeMountD in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 07:21 PM