USC Safety, Senior Brandon Ting - 3.9GPA busted for Steroids - Made an example of?

  1. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3203
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    USC Safety, Senior Brandon Ting - 3.9GPA busted for Steroids - Made an example of?


    Forward by CED59:

    Sometimes, that's just how it goes.
    But it's bullsh_t in this case.

    He and his brother Ryan carry 3.9 Pre-Med GPAs, are active in the community and were popular among teammates. They were model students, citizens and athletes. Ryan Ting was a starter - Brandon was not. Their father is Arthur Ting, who is Barry Bonds' doctor. The twins decided to forego their senior (5th year) seasons to focus on applying to Medical School. A week after this decision, it was found that Brandon Ting failed a drug test.

    This is probably going to ruin the kid - especially if the LA Times gets their way. Poor kid. In my opinion, he was setup by Southern Cal. They have total control over who is tested and who is not. Don't think differently. 'Testing positive' is simply a form of 'getting cut'. The players who test positive are often junior and seniors who are at best, non-starting role players. They are made an example of - to make the university look good. The players 'test positive' and the team gets their scholarship. This kid didn't deserve it.

    Again, I can't prove this. But do you think Southern Cal would let Reggie Bush would test positive? I don't think so. Anyone would think Southern Cal is 'clean' is crazy. From 'insiders' I've heard it's the dirtiest football program since Osbournes' Nebraska Blackshirts. I like him a lot, but, think of Fullback Brandon Hanc_ck. Those big Samoans on the Offensive Line blocking for Reggie Bush and LenDale White. They outweigh their PAC-10 counterparts by 35lbs and open up holes so big that OJ Simpson or Marcus Allen could still be an All-American. Tom Malone? An All-American Punter benching over 350lbs. Come on folks.

    My stance has nothing to do with whether anabolics should legally be part of athletics or society, - I'm just saying Brandon Ting got a raw deal.

    Here is a bit about Ryan and Brandon Ting:
    (steroid article is the next post)

    Scout.com: Some Tings to Talk About

    ---

    For most football coaches, the only thing better than a player who runs a 4.4 and carries a 3.9 GPA is one who has a twin brother who can do the same things. Meet Brandon and Ryan Ting, twin defensive backs for the USC Trojans who have shown that they know how to succeed both on and off the field. Click below to read more:

    Scholarships, Stereotypes, and the USC Secondary: Some Tings to Talk About

    They finished high school ranked academically in the top 1% of their class. They were offered admission to Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. Currently pre-med at USC, they have made the Dean’s List every single semester, and sport some of the football team’s top GPAs, with one sitting on a Pac-10 football player high 3.9, and the other pulling in a 3.8. And while they arguably could have made it to USC on academic scholarships, don’t think for a second that they will be trading in their football scholarships any time soon.

    Welcome to the world of Brandon and Ryan Ting, USC Football’s most famous set of half-Chinese, half-Japanese identical twins, who all at once manage to be admired and respected, and questioned and doubted, in part, for everything they represent and the stereotypes they shatter through their sheer presence on the Trojan roster.

    In a sport that features few Asians (aside from Samoans), the Tings stick out like sore thumbs. On the one hand, they serve as role models for many young Asians who hope to one day play football at the highest levels. Asian families come up to them just to thank them for everything they symbolize. “We are a little amazed at how people view us as role models, because we are regular people,” says Brandon (photo, right), the younger twin by one minute.

    So revered are they by the Asian community, they were paraded down the streets of Los Angeles’ Chinatown in February, honored at the 106th Annual Golden Dragon Parade, celebrating the Chinese New Year.

    Notorious for having manners and respectful demeanors that would make Emily Post proud, the common theme when talking to anyone who knows them is that these guys were raised right.

    Strength and Conditioning Coach Chris Carlisle calls the Tings “two of the finest young men that I have been around in my 20 years of coaching... They are conscientious, hard-working and respectful... They are favorites among their teammates because of their ‘finish’ attitude as well as their sense of humor and willingness to help all those around them.”

    Special Teams/Defensive Assistant Coach Sam Anno comments, “They are wonderful people. They bring so much energy to our team, to our defense, to our special teams... The way they prepare, the way they go about their business, they help with the aura of the team because of the professional way they do things.”

    To understand just who Brandon and Ryan are, one needs to look no further than their mother, Marilyn Ting. A USC alumnus with a background in child development, and whose first date with husband Dr. Arthur Ting was at the 1974 USC-Ohio State Rose Bowl game (she was still a student and he was a resident at County USC), Marilyn will tell you that respect was a big factor when she raised her sons. While both academics and athletics were stressed in the Ting household, Marilyn is most proud of the fact that “first and foremost, my sons are very thoughtful human beings, and very respectful... How they are as individuals is what I am most proud of.”

    Easy to say when all of your children are successes both in the classroom and on the football field, and are total class acts as well. Brandon and Ryan’s older brother, Rich, played quarterback for Yale and is currently pursuing both a J.D. and M.B.A. at the University of Hawaii.

    While manners, respect and academic success are great to have, the question begs, what does any of that matter on the football field? The comments continue, the Tings were only brought in to improve the team’s average GPA.

    “It’s hard sometimes, to read some of the commentary,” Marilyn reflects. “Not just about my family, but about the rest of the players. These athletes, while they are adult age, for the most part, are still kids... But it is to be expected because they are in the limelight.”

    Some question whether USC should have used up two athletic scholarships on them. Ryan will be the first to tell you: “We came to USC to play football.” Brandon adds, “We cherish the fact that we earned the scholarships.”

    Not that they should even have to justify their spots on the USC roster since they were recruited and brought in by USC Head Coach Pete Carroll himself.

    Anyone who wants to second-guess the recruiting decisions of someone whose same decision-making brought USC back from the grave of has-been programs to legitimate contention for an unprecedented third consecutive National Championship, will also want to check in with Nebraska, Kansas State, and Illinois, who all also offered the James Logan High athletes football scholarships. After that, there’s also the whole Pac 10 Conference, including Jeff Tedford of Cal and Mike Bellotti of Oregon, who all offered them football scholarships as well. They had their choice of the best football programs to attend.

    Carroll calls the Tings, who run the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds, “fast and aggressive players who bring the kind of intensity that we like to see.”

    The Tings’ roles have also steadily increased with each passing year. In the Trojans’ opener at Hawaii, Ryan (photo, right) was a starter in the nickel and dime packages. Meantime, Brandon, who was recently seen at the Coliseum scrimmage doing a great job defending Patrick Turner, had 2 1/2 tackles on the punt and kickoff coverage teams. Carroll observes, “Ryan made some real nice contributions in our dime packages against Hawaii and Brandon got in there and did his thing on special teams.”

    Not that any of what Carroll says will stop the stereotypes from coming. To set the record straight: They both have first-degree black belts in karate. They both help some of the other football players out with computer trouble-shooting. They aren’t good at origami, although their mother is an “expert.” Despite their Japanese ancestry, they shy away from raw fish. Lastly, the Tings are anything but wallflowers, who can often be seen dancing on the sidelines, and who do remarkably accurate impressions of Usher Raymond.

    Expect the Tings this season to continue to be key members on special teams, and come in at safety and in nickel and dime packages. Look for Ryan to see the field some more again this Saturday at safety, as he will be backing up Scott Ware.

    Carroll is pleased with their development: “They’ve really made great strides in their understanding of what we are trying to do and they have committed themselves mentally and physically to helping out this program.” Adds Secondary Coach Greg Burns, “The Tings are experienced and provide us with good depth at the safety spot... We expect good things from them this year.”

    Times two.
    Last edited by CEDeoudes59; 08-05-2006 at 07:20 AM.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  2. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3203
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    USC Player Has Positive Steroid Test

    Sources say that Brandon Ting, who left football program last week, failed drug test.

    By Gary Klein, Times Staff Writer
    August 2, 2006

    Sign Up - Los Angeles Times

    ---

    Brandon Ting, a USC defensive back who unexpectedly left the program last week, had tested positive for steroids, sources said Tuesday.

    On Friday, USC announced that Ting and his twin brother, Ryan, also a defensive back, had decided to stop playing football so they could concentrate on preparing for medical school. The Tings, who are seniors, played mainly as back-ups and on special teams last season.


    Brandon Ting could not be reached for comment.

    Asked if Brandon Ting had tested positive for steroids, Coach Pete Carroll said, "I can't comment about any of these allegations, about his personal deal."

    Carroll said athletes in all sports are tested randomly for drugs and steroids throughout the year.

    Brandon and Ryan Ting are the sons of Arthur Ting, a Bay Area orthopedic surgeon who has operated on several professional athletes, including Barry Bonds. Arthur Ting has reportedly appeared as a witness before a grand jury considering possible perjury charges against Bonds.

    Brandon and Ryan Ting graduated a semester early from James Logan High in Woodside, Calif., and enrolled at USC in the spring of 2003. Both graduated from USC last spring with degrees in American studies and ethnicity, earning grade-point averages above 3.8

    The twins participated in spring practice and also in summer workouts. But less than a week before today's reporting date for the start of training camp, the school announced they would not play this season.

    In a statement released by the school Friday, Ryan Ting said, "For the past 3 1/2 years, Brandon and I have been able to balance the demands of football and academics. Now, as our focus turns toward medical school, we realized it was in our best interests to end our playing careers. We realized we couldn't balance both if we want to be serious about med school."

    Brandon Ting appeared in all 13 games last season, made 12 tackles and intercepted a pass.

    In an interview that appeared on the WeAreSC.com website Monday, the Ting brothers said they began to consider leaving the program in January. They said they were enrolled in a post-baccalaureate program at USC to prepare for medical school.

    "Ultimately, we want to be remembered as people who did what they could for the team in any which way or form — and had fun doing it," Brandon Ting told the website. "We want to be remembered as hard workers who, when given the opportunities, did what they could to help the team. Our teammates know who we are and I'm sure, based on the relationship we've had with the fans, they know who we are as people, too. Hopefully that will take precedence over some of the negative experiences we've had."

    Ryan Ting said he had received death threats after the Rose Bowl game because he failed to intercept a pass thrown by Vince Young late in the game.

    According to NCAA rule 14.1.1.1, "A student-athlete who is found to have utilized a substance on the list of banned drugs, through a positive drug test administered by the NCAA … shall be declared ineligible for further participation in postseason and regular-season competition."
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  3. New Member
    SubliminalX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Rep Power
    240
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    83.21%

    I'm trying to find some info on the NCAA testing procedure, but I thought the NCAA randomly selects players from schools to be tested. USC didn't administer the test that Brandon Ting failed, nor does USC even get to choose who is tested. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I was reading something recently where Brandon Han**** said he has been tested 8 times in his career already. But AFAIK, it sounds like the NCAA testing procedure is only during season. This whould make it easy to beat, and I'm sure top level football programs know how to get around that pretty easily.

    USC has been able to hand pick thier [genetic freak] recruits for the past several years, from anywhere in the country. It's not too much of a stretch to believe that the abilities of many elite college athletes are natural.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2848
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Re: USC Safety, Senior Brandon Ting - 3.9GPA busted for Steroids - Made an example of


    Brandon Hanc0ck*
    ----------------
    Welcome to EliteFTS.com

    He passed 8 random drug tests...ting was busted on his first.

    Just like professional sports, there is big money in college sports and politics go a looooong way. They don't test to keep the sport clean--nobody cares. They test their students and ruin some of them just so their programs are viewed as responsible.

    Pro sports for example. With the MILLIONS of dollars these guys make, SURELY they could afford to test each and every individual for drug use a few times a year. Do they? Of course not! They dont' want to ruin professional sports, they just want the media to chill out.

    *I can't even freakin' spell hanc0ck on this board without **** covering up half the name!
  5. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.74%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I'll say it again and again. It doesn't matter your standpoint. In the big picture you take the risk of suffereing consequences when taking illegal products. If the 3.9 and your life was that important that a drug bust would end that. Then time to change priorities.

    If you're a commercial truck driver then you take special care of not screwing your license up if you value it enough to do so.

    We can argue the whether something is wrongfully illegal all damn day long but will do you no good if you're in jail or lose out on your life's goals/dreams.
  6. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Rogue,
    I lived in the athletic dorm where I went to school at - folks are still using man.

    In fact, I think it may be more than in your time frame.
    I hear Epitestosterone sublingual tabs are quite popular...
  7. New Member
    SubliminalX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Rep Power
    240
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    83.21%

    I don't doubt that college athletes use. But all these conspiracy theories about protecting the top athletes while sacrificing the lower ones seem a little far-fetched. I still haven't read any evidence that college programs have any hand or say in NCAA-administered tests. The NCAA shows up and picks who they want to test, and that's that AFAIK.

    BTW, anyone see this pic of Reggie Bush? Holy sh*t.

  8. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3203
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I wasn't quite suggesting USC picked Brandon Ting to be tested.. but college programs inform their players when the tests are coming and to come see the trainers if they feel they will have any trouble passing that test.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  9. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3203
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Re: USC Safety, Senior Brandon Ting - 3.9GPA busted for Steroids - Made an example of


    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    "Again, I can't prove this. But do you think Southern Cal would let Reggie Bush would test positive? I don't think so. Anyone would think Southern Cal is 'clean' is crazy. From 'insiders' I've heard it's the dirtiest football program since Osbournes' Nebraska Blackshirts. I like him a lot, but, think of Fullback Brandon Hanc_ck. Those big Samoans on the Offensive Line blocking for Reggie Bush and LenDale White. They outweigh their PAC-10 counterparts by 35lbs and open up holes so big that OJ Simpson or Marcus Allen could still be an All-American. Tom Malone? An All-American Punter benching over 350lbs. Come on folks."

    Bull****. UCS has no control over who gets tested when, if they were this "dirty", as claimed, the testing would have uncovered it repeatedly over the years.

    This is typical media crap that bashes the champions that leads the public into thinking that improved performance is a product of cheating chemicals,and could'nt possibly be the result of disiplined commitment to a scientifically based athletic lifestyle.

    When I played football in College in the early 80's, no one was using anything even as good to supplement as Creatine, we were on a dirty pizza, steak and kegbeer diet. We did sprints, snatches and deads but Plyometrics, What the **** is that? I think, in hindsight, that they detrained our dynamic potential. My point? it ain't the ****ing use of gear. We did the Gear, cause no was testing for it, they don't need to, they risk too much and they train too well otherwise. Steroids are a poor substitute for everything else done right.

    I'm not saying that it's not in use, but it's use isway lower than it once was, and that is NOT why USC has been on top.

    Cluless ****ers my age point a finger at this generation and call foul, ignorance that results in more legislation and penalties.
    I'm certainly not saying that USC is doing anything totally different than any other school. They are doing the same thing, to a higher degree. But to suggest USC won't do everything to protect their top athletes while throwing others to the fire, is wrong.

    the drugs tests themselves are just a smoke screen. it's the same way in pro baseball right now. they are taking down Barry Bonds because it's popular to do so. By doing that, it makes superstars like Roger Clemens look clean.

    my point is testing for the olympics, track and field or cycling (now) is very different
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  10. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3203
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Re: USC Safety, Senior Brandon Ting - 3.9GPA busted for Steroids - Made an example of


    i heard Bush got a hair-restoration procedure done, in the summer of '05

    but why would Reggie Bush still use steroids?

    Certainly he's happy that he was drafted after a guy that wasn't even considered the best DE on his team when the year began (see Manny Lawson > Mario Williams).

    And Certainly he relishes the role of being behind Deuce McAllister on the depth chart.

    Last edited by CEDeoudes59; 08-06-2006 at 06:35 PM.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  11. Registered User
    Ubiquitous's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,462
    Rep Power
    1850
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    2.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    these guys play hockey.. right?

    seriously though, atheletes testing positive is such a numb issue for me.

    One day in the near future, I will hear about CEDeo testing positive.. then I will be alarmed.

    just playing.
  12. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    It's an isomer of test that the body makes. I've heard 'round here (not Knoxville) that athletes keep sublingual tabs in a Listerine breath strip-thing plastic container in the inside pocket of their shorts.

    Yes - you are correct. Taking epi before a blood test (apparently they get a few mins before they piss) after using test base should lower the T to E ratio enough to keep it in balance.
  13. Professional Member
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,188
    Rep Power
    26297
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    46.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Re: USC Safety, Senior Brandon Ting - 3.9GPA busted for Steroids - Made an example of


    Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    Forward by CED59:

    Sometimes, that's just how it goes.
    But it's bullsh_t in this case.

    He and his brother Ryan carry 3.9 Pre-Med GPAs, are active in the community and were popular among teammates. They were model students, citizens and athletes. Ryan Ting was a starter - Brandon was not. Their father is Arthur Ting, who is Barry Bonds' doctor. The twins decided to forego their senior (5th year) seasons to focus on applying to Medical School. A week after this decision, it was found that Brandon Ting failed a drug test.

    This is probably going to ruin the kid - especially if the LA Times gets their way. Poor kid. In my opinion, he was setup by Southern Cal. They have total control over who is tested and who is not. Don't think differently. 'Testing positive' is simply a form of 'getting cut'. The players who test positive are often junior and seniors who are at best, non-starting role players. They are made an example of - to make the university look good. The players 'test positive' and the team gets their scholarship. This kid didn't deserve it.

    Again, I can't prove this. But do you think Southern Cal would let Reggie Bush would test positive? I don't think so. Anyone would think Southern Cal is 'clean' is crazy. From 'insiders' I've heard it's the dirtiest football program since Osbournes' Nebraska Blackshirts. I like him a lot, but, think of Fullback Brandon Hanc_ck. Those big Samoans on the Offensive Line blocking for Reggie Bush and LenDale White. They outweigh their PAC-10 counterparts by 35lbs and open up holes so big that OJ Simpson or Marcus Allen could still be an All-American. Tom Malone? An All-American Punter benching over 350lbs. Come on folks.

    My stance has nothing to do with whether anabolics should legally be part of athletics or society, - I'm just saying Brandon Ting got a raw deal.

    Here is a bit about Ryan and Brandon Ting:
    (steroid article is the next post)

    Scout.com: Some Tings to Talk About

    ---

    For most football coaches, the only thing better than a player who runs a 4.4 and carries a 3.9 GPA is one who has a twin brother who can do the same things. Meet Brandon and Ryan Ting, twin defensive backs for the USC Trojans who have shown that they know how to succeed both on and off the field. Click below to read more:

    Scholarships, Stereotypes, and the USC Secondary: Some Tings to Talk About

    They finished high school ranked academically in the top 1% of their class. They were offered admission to Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. Currently pre-med at USC, they have made the Dean’s List every single semester, and sport some of the football team’s top GPAs, with one sitting on a Pac-10 football player high 3.9, and the other pulling in a 3.8. And while they arguably could have made it to USC on academic scholarships, don’t think for a second that they will be trading in their football scholarships any time soon.

    Welcome to the world of Brandon and Ryan Ting, USC Football’s most famous set of half-Chinese, half-Japanese identical twins, who all at once manage to be admired and respected, and questioned and doubted, in part, for everything they represent and the stereotypes they shatter through their sheer presence on the Trojan roster.

    In a sport that features few Asians (aside from Samoans), the Tings stick out like sore thumbs. On the one hand, they serve as role models for many young Asians who hope to one day play football at the highest levels. Asian families come up to them just to thank them for everything they symbolize. “We are a little amazed at how people view us as role models, because we are regular people,” says Brandon (photo, right), the younger twin by one minute.

    So revered are they by the Asian community, they were paraded down the streets of Los Angeles’ Chinatown in February, honored at the 106th Annual Golden Dragon Parade, celebrating the Chinese New Year.

    Notorious for having manners and respectful demeanors that would make Emily Post proud, the common theme when talking to anyone who knows them is that these guys were raised right.

    Strength and Conditioning Coach Chris Carlisle calls the Tings “two of the finest young men that I have been around in my 20 years of coaching... They are conscientious, hard-working and respectful... They are favorites among their teammates because of their ‘finish’ attitude as well as their sense of humor and willingness to help all those around them.”

    Special Teams/Defensive Assistant Coach Sam Anno comments, “They are wonderful people. They bring so much energy to our team, to our defense, to our special teams... The way they prepare, the way they go about their business, they help with the aura of the team because of the professional way they do things.”

    To understand just who Brandon and Ryan are, one needs to look no further than their mother, Marilyn Ting. A USC alumnus with a background in child development, and whose first date with husband Dr. Arthur Ting was at the 1974 USC-Ohio State Rose Bowl game (she was still a student and he was a resident at County USC), Marilyn will tell you that respect was a big factor when she raised her sons. While both academics and athletics were stressed in the Ting household, Marilyn is most proud of the fact that “first and foremost, my sons are very thoughtful human beings, and very respectful... How they are as individuals is what I am most proud of.”

    Easy to say when all of your children are successes both in the classroom and on the football field, and are total class acts as well. Brandon and Ryan’s older brother, Rich, played quarterback for Yale and is currently pursuing both a J.D. and M.B.A. at the University of Hawaii.

    While manners, respect and academic success are great to have, the question begs, what does any of that matter on the football field? The comments continue, the Tings were only brought in to improve the team’s average GPA.

    “It’s hard sometimes, to read some of the commentary,” Marilyn reflects. “Not just about my family, but about the rest of the players. These athletes, while they are adult age, for the most part, are still kids... But it is to be expected because they are in the limelight.”

    Some question whether USC should have used up two athletic scholarships on them. Ryan will be the first to tell you: “We came to USC to play football.” Brandon adds, “We cherish the fact that we earned the scholarships.”

    Not that they should even have to justify their spots on the USC roster since they were recruited and brought in by USC Head Coach Pete Carroll himself.

    Anyone who wants to second-guess the recruiting decisions of someone whose same decision-making brought USC back from the grave of has-been programs to legitimate contention for an unprecedented third consecutive National Championship, will also want to check in with Nebraska, Kansas State, and Illinois, who all also offered the James Logan High athletes football scholarships. After that, there’s also the whole Pac 10 Conference, including Jeff Tedford of Cal and Mike Bellotti of Oregon, who all offered them football scholarships as well. They had their choice of the best football programs to attend.

    Carroll calls the Tings, who run the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds, “fast and aggressive players who bring the kind of intensity that we like to see.”

    The Tings’ roles have also steadily increased with each passing year. In the Trojans’ opener at Hawaii, Ryan (photo, right) was a starter in the nickel and dime packages. Meantime, Brandon, who was recently seen at the Coliseum scrimmage doing a great job defending Patrick Turner, had 2 1/2 tackles on the punt and kickoff coverage teams. Carroll observes, “Ryan made some real nice contributions in our dime packages against Hawaii and Brandon got in there and did his thing on special teams.”

    Not that any of what Carroll says will stop the stereotypes from coming. To set the record straight: They both have first-degree black belts in karate. They both help some of the other football players out with computer trouble-shooting. They aren’t good at origami, although their mother is an “expert.” Despite their Japanese ancestry, they shy away from raw fish. Lastly, the Tings are anything but wallflowers, who can often be seen dancing on the sidelines, and who do remarkably accurate impressions of Usher Raymond.

    Expect the Tings this season to continue to be key members on special teams, and come in at safety and in nickel and dime packages. Look for Ryan to see the field some more again this Saturday at safety, as he will be backing up Scott Ware.

    Carroll is pleased with their development: “They’ve really made great strides in their understanding of what we are trying to do and they have committed themselves mentally and physically to helping out this program.” Adds Secondary Coach Greg Burns, “The Tings are experienced and provide us with good depth at the safety spot... We expect good things from them this year.”

    Times two.
    Two more victoms of Americas war on its citizens. I think there will be a day of reckoning in the near distant future as we meet a melting point with our thoughtless overcriminalzation of our countrymen. I rejoice the day we do away with ALL politicians. It may never happen, but thats why I moved to Costa Rica. They at least keep it realer here. America is like the Dave Chappelle clip about when keeping it real goes wrong.

    :donut:
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  14. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3203
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    wow so you did move to costa rica
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  15. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13070
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Well, this is just being used to make an example of some to allegedly deter others from using. I'm personally getting sick of this sh!t by the media letting everyone and their momma know that so and so uses steroids. Really, Pro athletes look for competitive edges ? Isn't it better to put the attention on real criminals like the ****ing rapists who prey on others, the gangster's who pull drive by shootings, the invasion of illegal immigrants (it really is an invasion, don't kid yourselves for a second), the pathetic education system we have ?

    It's also sad to see this because the Ting's look like good kids who have their sh!t together and have goals in life. Their father also does a great service for high school sports in the Bay Area so it sucks to see this.
  16. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3203
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    This morning:

    Tests revealed USC fullback Brandon Han**** tore knee ligaments and he is out for the season.
    ``He worked so hard, it's most unfortunate,'' USC coach Pete Carroll said. ``It's a terrible thing. We've got Ryan Powdrell, Jody Adewale and Stanley Havili and maybe we can do some other things.''
    This is the second time Han**** tore ligaments in his left knee.


    CED59:
    Absolutely awful... I know exactly what he is dealing with.. This most certainly ends his football career.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  17. New Member
    mpiazza21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    104
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    34.17%

    USC will do anything to win. I think the whole National Champ team was probably juicing!
  18. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Re: USC Safety, Senior Brandon Ting - 3.9GPA busted for Steroids - Made an example of


    Mike Piazza!!!!

    Sorry about all those tabloids making accusations of you being gay.

    We enjoyed your month playing for the Marlins.
  19. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3203
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Re: USC Safety, Senior Brandon Ting - 3.9GPA busted for Steroids - Made an example of


    Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza21
    USC will do anything to win. I think the whole National Champ team was probably juicing!
    it's weird, some SC guys look like they haven't even touched a weight (not many) - others look like competitive bodybuilders
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  20. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13070
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Re: USC Safety, Senior Brandon Ting - 3.9GPA busted for Steroids - Made an example of


    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Mike Piazza!!!!

    Sorry about all those tabloids making accusations of you being gay.

    We enjoyed your month playing for the Marlins.
    Sh!t he is gay based on the fact that he pussed out vs. Roger Clemens when he threw the bat at him LOL
  21. New Member
    SubliminalX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Rep Power
    240
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    83.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza21
    USC will do anything to win. I think the whole National Champ team was probably juicing!
    Yeah, Matt Leinart was straight up JACKED! Whatever he was taking, it boosted his completion percentage against Oklahoma.
  22. James Arensberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    16.67%

    This kid Ting was a ****ing 5-10 180 lb. DB, and he was caught using steroids!

    There have been a LOT of small players get busted for steroids in the NFL such as: Ray Buchanon 5-10 185, Shawn Springs 5-11 195.

    This is really pissing me the **** off.

    Hell, even at the Junior College level in California, you NEED steroids to start...for the most part.

    Check out Cerritos College's Roster. There are 15 players who are 290 or bigger. That is a JC. Everyone thinks its so weak, but its got bigger players then a lot of DI schools.

    I know that sounds really ****ing nieve, but there is no level in football you can play without steroids being PART OF THE GAME. Almost like in bodybuilding or pro wrestling.

    People can talk all the **** they want, but the bottom line is that if you aren't using steroids, you aren't playing. PERIOD.

    Or at least you sure as hell are not starting. I don't care who the hell you are there is no way you can play on the line without steroids at any college level. (if you've never done steroids, you are going to be looked at as a *****)
  23. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3203
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    GH use is huge
  24. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Wait - that post above was harsh????
  25. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3203
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    it was a little much, there are 600ways to say the same thing. it wasn't too constructive to the discussion
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Geek Squad Busted For Shower Video !
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 11:50 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 10:50 PM
  3. Cop busted with steroids.
    By lozgod in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 09:29 PM
  4. An Analysis of the Relative Safety of Ephedra
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 06:51 PM
  5. NFL Player Busted for Distributing AAS
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2003, 04:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in